• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Yeah, I saw that tournament recently, I'm signed up on the site, but so far participation seems lackluster. There's been exactly two matches played so far on the practice ladder, and nobody on the warhawk boards seems to care much. Also, we'll need a team of at least eight guys but no more than sixteen to consistently show up and play. Plus it's only for US participants. :/

But hey, if you guys want to start a GAF squad for the tourney, I'm in.

The only thing I worry about is if the new knives will make you more visible when running around. XD

Sea Manky said:
The only thing I worry about is if the new knives will make you more visible when running around. XD

So they can hate you for your star and your knife. :p

I'm assuming the big fancy one is for the overall winners, hence the champion blade title.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, the WoW reject blade for the winners and the other one's a participation prize. :p

Looking closely at the teams on the ladder, it looks like there's maybe half a dozen that are more than just a team captain and nobody else at this point. Blighted Touch has a team and they're 1-1.

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, the WoW reject blade for the winners and the other one's a participation prize. :p

Looking closely at the teams on the ladder, it looks like there's maybe half a dozen that are more than just a team captain and nobody else at this point. Blighted Touch has a team and they're 1-1.

Let's kick some heinie! :p

Really, it's no different from all those jerkwad clans going NOM NOM NOM on noobs. :\

User 406

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Does signing up this site automatically enter me into the tournament. I wouldn't mind getting a complementary "visually upgraded" weapon. :D

I think you have to form/join a team and actively play. Figure if we can get a squad together, we should go for the win.

User 406

Banned
Looks like since Dylan made that blog post, all the big clans from the warhawk boards are puffing up their chests about who is going to get the Huge Retarded Knife, so it looks like things will pick up.

All for the better, since the more I look at that thing, the less I want to be seen holding it. XD

Whateva!

I just want something to show for my effort aside from a bruised ego; and since that's pretty massive it gets real sore. :p

Oh speaking of DONOTWANT - I want some pink Warhawk skins. :D

Hello Kitty skins would be even better; but I think licensing would hold that up.

icechai

The Take Out Bandit said:
Whateva!

I just want something to show for my effort aside from a bruised ego; and since that's pretty massive it gets real sore. :p

Oh speaking of DONOTWANT - I want some pink Warhawk skins. :D

Hello Kitty skins would be even better; but I think licensing would hold that up.

Speaking of skins, whatever new skins they add for 1.4 I sure as hell hope they add it based on rank so more people have incentive to level up.

icechai said:
Speaking of skins, whatever new skins they add for 1.4 I sure as hell hope they add it based on rank so more people have incentive to level up.

They've confirmed new skins? Very cool, and I kind of agree with you, as long as they don't add the skins to all the ridiculously high ranks. Keep it 50,000 points and under. I can handle that. :D

And no one else thinks that Warhawk statue is awesome? Maybe I'm just a super Warhawk nerd or something, but I need that thing.

F-Pina

Oh, wait. Europeans can't enter? Can anyone confirm this?
But if the clan is US based can't it have "transfered players" from other counries? :D

M3wThr33

Banned
So I got Warhawk at launch day but I have yet to actually play it. (I played a bit in the beta)

Now that there's this tournament, I feel I need to participate. I guess tonight I'll dive in. What do I need to do to join the teams and guarantee I get that cool weapon?

carlos

So, after taking a few days off, today I passed the 500 hour mark in the most horrible way possible; must've switched through 12-15 different servers in about an hour.
Aside from unbalanced games, everything was going wrong; constant invisible air mines, laggy deaths, no missle warnings, etc. I was still doing well, but I had no tolerance or patience to get me through it.

In a desperation move, I check the buddy list to see if anyone's online, and maybe help me break out of this funk....I find Jack Scofield...join....and of course, I'm put on the other team, with his team having 10 warhawks in the air in the small destroyed capitol ctf level.

That was the last straw for me, I think I'm going to take a longer break from WH, because for the first time, I think I can recognize that I'm tired of it, and SICK of the levels (all of them).

Perhaps the new game modes will bring me back....yet maybe I'm feeling this way because I didn't sleep at all last night, and I was just playing WH to keep myself awake....

Btw, I sent an email to the ggl people to see if I was eligible, no answer yet...

EDIT: yeah, I can join; registered under gafcarlos (I will be unavailable for the remainder of this month, though)

I actually took a few days off as well, and I just started playing again today. The game you joined was probably the best one I played in today. Teammates were communicating and working together for once. But I can guarantee you I was in a funk today as well, most notably in the the three matches previous to the one you joined. I actually quit out of disgust for my teammates, something I hardly ever do.

It's a shame you drew the short end of the stick so many times, but just remember that the game isn't out to get you, despite how much it may seem. I know I'm guilty of that, as well.

grendelrt

I am having issues registering, everytime i use the link they send me for confirmation it just takes me to a page that says please check your email and validate your account.

Has anyone started a team yet?

I can't remember, are your stats recorded in the event of a lock-up? I just had a great match that froze at literally the last second.

Also, does quitting during pre-game count as an "early exit"?

carlos

lol, that guy in the server was annoying. "manky, I've got your banana!", "manky your voice is so sexy", ad nauseum....

I'm trying to coach my brother but it makes me wanna bang my head against a wall, to see the basic mistakes he's making (he recently got out of noob server rank).
We usually end up arguing over something he did wrong/could've done better, lol.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, that was... strange. Lots of good matches in that server, a lot of the GI guys and some other big clan pilots were in and out of there most of the evening. After all that, I'm less than a thousand points short of General rank. :p

User 406

Banned
Looks like tonight was my turn to be RAPED.

Join a dogfight, my entire team is rank newbies and the other side is high ranked pilots. I got 25 kills, which was HALF of my team's score, and the other team got over 150 points. The next game was Badlands zones, and I start off taking the center base, and three planes with passengers all show up. By the time I respawn, they've got all the bases, and not ONE of my teammates has even gotten in a plane much less left the base. So I leave.

Join a pro mix server, on the losing side of a base rape. For the next several games I hear little kids begging people to get into jeeps with them while our bases all get taken, and see FUCKHEADS STANDING AROUND in bases. Several guys were HIDING inside enemy bases without taking them. On an Archipelago zones match, one guy got in the missile turret in an enemy level 3 zone, then starts yelling about how he's in an enemy zone, and needs help. No enemies around him, and he doesn't lift a fucking finger to actually take it. Another guy spawned on top of one of the islands, didn't know there were planes up there, and just stood there BITCHING about how he was stranded. Told him to take a plane or just fucking commit suicide and spawn somewhere else, he STILL couldn't figure it out.

Badlands CTF, one guy hiding in the rafters of one of the bunker bases for half the fucking game as it switched hands over and over. Island Outpost, another bitch hiding in a building of an enemy base without taking it.

All throughout this hardly anyone bothered to fly. The last straw was an Island Outpost CTF where we managed to take the ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD and they still managed to score the flag twice because our team wouldn't get up there and shoot them. Meanwhile the top pilots on the other team follow my ass around with TOW missiles because of my god damn star. Fuck that shit.

Sea Manky said:
Badlands CTF, one guy hiding in the rafters of one of the bunker bases for half the fucking game as it switched hands over and over. Island Outpost, another bitch hiding in a building of an enemy base without taking it.

How do people even get onto the rafters, anyway? I've been meaning to ask this but it's always slipped my mind.

Sea Manky said:
All throughout this hardly anyone bothered to fly. The last straw was an Island Outpost CTF where we managed to take the ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD and they still managed to score the flag twice because our team wouldn't get up there and shoot them. Meanwhile the top pilots on the other team follow my ass around with TOW missiles because of my god damn star. Fuck that shit.

:lol

Good to hear your rank is getting the best of you Mr. Full Month of Warhawk.

Yeah that game was kind of confusing for me. I mean you fuckers kept taking bases, but whaaaaaaat? We kept the flag out of your possession? At the very least the assholes on the ground on your side were making fucking mincemeat out of my Warhawks when I tried to get in the air. bastards.

After the ECK (was that the clan?) guys left the team I was on managed to hang on; but really lacked the teamwork and communication of the ECK guys. So I just opted to call it a night.

Did you ever leave Base 2 on Archipelago?

For fucks sake, every time I tried to take it your monkeyfucker ass was there to murder me. >:O

Jack Scofield said:
How do people even get onto the rafters, anyway? I've been meaning to ask this but it's always slipped my mind.

In the small huts you can just jump up and grab them if you're in the right spot, then pull yourself up.

There's an open spot for a new clan member.

I'm opting out.

I so rarely play with any GAF folks that it would be better for the clan as a unit to find someone more willing to play with the team.

See you bitches around. :p

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I just started playing this game and have been getting raped online, but I'd be interested in playing with Gaffers. :)

Also, how long should the PS3 scan to find the headset? Seems to be taking quite awhile...

ICallItFutile said:
I just started playing this game and have been getting raped online, but I'd be interested in playing with Gaffers. :)

Also, how long should the PS3 scan to find the headset? Seems to be taking quite awhile...

Is your headset in discoverable mode? IIRC it alternates flashing light colors or something when in this mode.

Kazenone

Miss you TToB :(

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&thread.id=555599

Wtf is this shit

* By popular demand, playlists which include the largest layouts now include only the largest layouts. They will no longer occasionally rotate into medium layouts.
* By popular demand, respawn times have been set to 3 seconds.
* By popular demand, Broken Mirror servers now offer dedicated CTF and ZNS games in place of the mixed playlists.
* Dogfight servers were added back to the list. They were inadvertently omitted before.
* All games’ time limits were reduced to 15 minutes, and ZNS score limit was reduced to 5000, to combat complaints of prolonged base camping.
* “NEWBIE” servers were changed to “Rookie” to bring the nomenclature in line with upcoming changes in v1.4.
* “Pro” servers were changed to “Expert” to more obviously indicate a skill level rather than a player type. Some players incorrectly identified “Pro” servers as tournament games, a la MLG or GGL.
* “Casual” servers are essentially the same as before, but the “Casual” designator has been dropped. We now refer to these internally as just “standard” servers, and they are listed without any special identifier.
* The rank cap on Rookie servers was increased to Wingman, since players were getting kicked out of these servers too quickly and finding themselves unprepared to play on standard servers.
* A rank cap was imposed on standard servers at Command Marshall. This is rank 15/19 so it should not affect a lot of players. The intention is to pull some of the most elite players out into their own category, somewhat narrowing the rank gap on these servers.
* Many Omega Dawn exclusive servers were removed due to lack of use.

I loved having epic 30-minute battles. 15 is way too short

Jaeyden

Last night sucked. I had one of those evenings where no matter what server I joined, my team was getting destroyed. Right now this game can get too lopsided, way too easily. I'm glad they changed some of this stuff, but really what WH needs right now is for the expansions to go "FREE" to reunite the player base and for the servers to have more ranks. It was better when there were 4 levels of servers instead of 3. There are just too many real "Newbies" in the casual servers, although the new changes may help that.

Dylan Jobe said:
*By popular demand, playlists which include the largest layouts now include only the largest layouts. They will no longer occasionally rotate into medium layouts. Nice. I love large map layouts. Nice to see them back again.
*By popular demand, respawn times have been set to 3 seconds. Don't like this change. Five seconds was perfect, in my opinion. Especially in Zones.
*By popular demand, Broken Mirror servers now offer dedicated CTF and ZNS games in place of the mixed playlists.
*Dogfight servers were added back to the list. They were inadvertently omitted before.
*All games’ time limits were reduced to 15 minutes, and ZNS score limit was reduced to 5000, to combat complaints of prolonged base camping. This kind of defeats the purpose of a large map variant. I look forward to MANY more draws on large CTF games (Incidentally, the gametype I most play!).
*“NEWBIE” servers were changed to “Rookie” to bring the nomenclature in line with upcoming changes in v1.4.
*“Pro” servers were changed to “Expert” to more obviously indicate a skill level rather than a player type. Some players incorrectly identified “Pro” servers as tournament games, a la MLG or GGL.
*“Casual” servers are essentially the same as before, but the “Casual” designator has been dropped. We now refer to these internally as just “standard” servers, and they are listed without any special identifier.
*The rank cap on Rookie servers was increased to Wingman, since players were getting kicked out of these servers too quickly and finding themselves unprepared to play on standard servers.
*A rank cap was imposed on standard servers at Command Marshall. This is rank 15/19 so it should not affect a lot of players. The intention is to pull some of the most elite players out into their own category, somewhat narrowing the rank gap on these servers. Placing caps on the server types is a much-needed move. Some people in this thread were complaining about it earlier.
*Many Omega Dawn exclusive servers were removed due to lack of use.

Kazenon said:
I loved having epic 30-minute battles. 15 is way too short

I completely agree with you. Now I'll only get about half the points I normally do IAR. :mad: I feel like I'm complaining everytime they change something about the game, but I really hope they change the time limit back, at least on the large servers. Speaking of which, I need to go and find some new favorite servers. :D

Jaeyden said:
Last night sucked. I had one of those evenings where no matter what server I joined, my team was getting destroyed. Right now this game can get too lopsided, way too easily. I'm glad they changed some of this stuff, but really what WH needs right now is for the expansions to go "FREE" to reunite the player base and for the servers to have more ranks. It was better when there were 4 levels of servers instead of 3. There are just too many real "Newbies" in the casual servers, although the new changes may help that.

Well, it seems as though they are going to change the servers again, so hopefully there will be a wider variety to choose from. I'm getting this from...

Dylan Jobe said:
*“NEWBIE” servers were changed to “Rookie” to bring the nomenclature in line with upcoming changes in v1.4.

Maybe it's nothing, but I found it interesting.

EDIT: I just realized that the "spend 20 minutes in a Warhawk IAR" badge/medal will be very hard now. :D

User 406

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
EDIT: I just realized that the "spend 20 minutes in a Warhawk IAR" badge/medal will be very hard now. :D

You know, there are non-blue servers out there, with 30 minute games and 5 second respawn times. :p

icechai

I actually like the fact its 15 minutes now. I don't really enjoy spending 30 min in lop sided games (so why don't I quit? I don't know, because there's still ways to have fun in WH :p), also now I'll get to play more variety in each play session since I don't have a lot of hours to spend on Warhawk all the time.

Dylan on the boards:

"Rest assured that if 15 doesn't play out well (please give it a couple days) then we will set it to 20 min. If its not working out then we'll be able to set it to 20 by the end of the week...

...just give it some time and let us know what you think :smileyhappy: "

ChryZ

* All games’ time limits were reduced to 15 minutes, and ZNS score limit was reduced to 5000, to combat complaints of prolonged base camping.
Woah, I was lucky to get my Exemplary Combat and Legion of Merit medals before this change :D

jackscofield said:
completely agree with you. Now I'll only get about half the points I normally do IAR.

If you're concerned about points, you'll actually get more now. You'll get bonus points every 15 minutes (or less).

Sea Manky said:
You know, there are non-blue servers out there, with 30 minute games and 5 second respawn times. :p

Bah, don't point out inaccuracies in my mini-tirade! :D

revolvergjw said:
If you're concerned about points, you'll actually get more now. You'll get bonus points every 15 minutes (or less).

You have a point. I actually didn't think about this before. Just to be clear, I have no problem with this update aside from the time limit change. All I ask is for the large map servers to keep the 30 minute time limit, as it seemed to be the perfect length for epic battles. A lot of the time, a team wouldn't score until the last few minutes, which always proved to be a nail-biter. :D

Jaeyden

Played the new server setups today. The rounds were VERY balanced for the six or so matches I played. I wouldn't mind longer matches, although I'm sure that the 15 minute timer really helps to balance players coming and going from the servers.

Sorry for leaving after that match, Jaeyden, but there were hardly any people in that server for some reason. Strangely enough, most of the large CTF servers are empty. The BM CTF servers are usually pretty busy, though.

So yeah, after spending more than enough time in the new server set-ups, I have to say I do not like the new time limit at ALL. There's hardly enough time to do anything, and before you know it, the match is over.

I really hope Incog goes back to the older time limit, because this is just a case of fixing what wasn't broken.

ChryZ

The new naming convention of the official servers sucks. Some people don't know what ping is and they randomly join games with free slots. I had a few 300-400ms guys on euro servers, needless to say ... they fucked up the whole game :(

Top Bottom