• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I just started tonight. Am really surprised there is no like digital manual or anything under activity, trophies, nothing shows up under the 'disc menu' on the dashboard. Graphics don't really look improved at all from what I remember of the 360 version either, although more units on screen maybe?

I think the game is still broken on PSN. It doesn't show up in your trophy list, unlocked trophies may not be counting. PS4 dashboard can't pull info for activity that's not on the local console, etc.

I believe there are more units on screen though.

Iorv3th

Really? That's disappointing.

So it's a straight port of the last gen game just on a new console then.

Seems like it, though it was when the 360 version first came out that I played it so it's been a while. There are a lot of new characters and features though that are new.

Mrbob

Gauntlet mode is pretty fun. I keep getting wrecked later in first map though. D:

Lots of Xp per battle in a short time which is nice to level up. The formations level up the more you use them?

fernoca

I just started tonight. Am really surprised there is no like digital manual or anything under activity, trophies, nothing shows up under the 'disc menu' on the dashboard. Graphics don't really look improved at all from what I remember of the 360 version either, although more units on screen maybe?
They've been working on a fix. Apparently it was tied to the error with the licence that didn't gave the digital version for PS4 but for PS3.

There's a digital nanual of sorts. By pausing the game and pressing the Options button it takes you to the manual on the official site.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's been three days now and I still don't have access to the digital PS4 version I purchased when this launched.

Customer support still provides the same useless response of "we are working on a fix for those affected", but meanwhile Sony has my $60 for this game and there is absolutely no timetable or even a hint of a potential solution after nearly the entire business week has transpired.

Any of the others still in the same boat? Thinking of making a new thread to discuss as it's gone from an acceptable grace period for a technical snafu to WTF is going on at SEN?

Mrbob

Yeah that isn't right. You should make a new thread, perhaps it will grab attention and make Sony move faster on this issue.

Pimpbaa

I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised by the graphics in the ps4 version. The poor image quality of the last gen versions really killed a lot of texture detail in the game. I think this looks better than DW8XL. Although I think that game would have looked a lot better without it's awful DOF effect.

The End

I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised by the graphics in the ps4 version. The poor image quality of the last gen versions really killed a lot of texture detail in the game. I think this looks better than DW8XL. Although I think that game would have looked a lot better without it's awful DOF effect.

you can turn that down/off since the patch

(the low setting is the sweet spot for me)

Godammit, still no sign of the Vita version on the EU store. I'm going to be so pissed if they've fucked this up and we don't get it until Wednesday's update. The PS3 version has gone up since this morning, but as the day wears on I grow less confident that SCEE have the competence to flick a switch.

Korten

Banned
Finally got the game, really fun! Seems like their is a LOT of content and things to do from leveling to crafting.

Question, is there a lot of alternate costumes without paying for each character?

Xander51

They just gave me my voucher to re-purchase the PS4 version after the debacle on Tuesday. It's a little bit of a bummer that it took three days to fix the issue, but I'm glad to finally play the game!

EDIT: And the accidental PS3 version is still on my account too! Good on you Sony, this was the right way to fix this. I wondered if they would take away the PS3 version or not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Really? That's disappointing.

So it's a straight port of the last gen game just on a new console then.

The PS4 version did not get the same visual upgrades as DW8XL and SW4, for whatever reason. If you have a PS4 or XBone, you'll still want to get it on those platforms for the higher resolution, but if not, you're not missing much.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally got the game, really fun! Seems like their is a LOT of content and things to do from leveling to crafting.

Question, is there a lot of alternate costumes without paying for each character?

It kinda depends on the character. All the DW characters have their DW6 and DW5 costumes as alts by default, save for the characters who weren't in those games. DW4 and DW3 costumes were DLC, though it's been awhile so I can't remember if they were paid or free. SW characters have their SW2 costumes as alts by default, and there's a DLC pack with SW1 costumes you can get (again, can't remember if it's free or paid). Then there's the SW "cosplay" packs that give SW characters DW costumes, which are definitely paid, and DW Strikeforce packs, which give DW characters their DWSF costumes. Also paid.

All this stuff is available now if you're on the PS3 version, since it's all old vanilla WO3 DLC that's compatible with Ultimate. For the PS4/XBONE versions, I imagine it'll all be available at a later date.

NZerker12

I only got the game on Wednesday but from some of the characters I have unlocked and leveled up, most of them have 4 costumes while some only have 2.

Xander51

The PS4 version did not get the same visual upgrades as DW8XL and SW4, for whatever reason. If you have a PS4 or XBone, you'll still want to get it on those platforms for the higher resolution, but if not, you're not missing much.

Aw man really? That's a bummer, I quite enjoy the visual upgrades in DW8XL. They remind me of how games were "next-gen-i-fied" at the start of the last generation.

at first i was pissed because I thought K-T had another vita fuck up on their hands but then as I was lazily refreshing the SEN store I noticed that something wasn't quite right about this PS3 version https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...onus/cid=EP4108-PCSB00575_00-WO3UPSNBONUS0000

edit: edit yep, vita version guess it was up all along!

Yeah I tried the PC store and noticed that too. Seems like the Vita files were mis-tagged when they were put into the system. Downloading it at the moment, so hopefully it's just that they put it on the wrong place in the server and the actual game code is all Vita. 17 minuted until I find out for sure.

Thinking about picking this up digitally this weekend. If I do it will be my first in the series but it looks quite fun (I have played a bit of past DW games).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Aw man really? That's a bummer, I quite enjoy the visual upgrades in DW8XL. They remind me of how games were "next-gen-i-fied" at the start of the last generation.

It's really odd that they did so little with it, considering the time it took to come out on PS4.

I just got Sengoku Musou 4 for PS4 today and look forward to seeing how much of an upgrade it is. They've said it got notable enhancements, but if it ends up being like WO3U was I'm done double-dipping on these titles and will just get whatever comes out first...

...Although I guess at this point everything will be on PS4 going forward.

VexyWexy

Gauntlet mode is pretty fun. I keep getting wrecked later in first map though. D:

Lots of Xp per battle in a short time which is nice to level up. The formations level up the more you use them?

Seems like you're meant to tackle Gauntlet mode with higher level characters. Like you said, even the first stage will smash your shit once the Miasma level rises. I love the concept though, look forward to doing it later. It's also nice that you keep XP if you die, unlike Story Mode where they just toss your ass to the main menu and you lose all unsaved progress...

What 3-man teams do you guys roll with? Right now Achilles is my anchor but I haven't settled on my other 2 yet. I was rocking Wang Yuanji but I feel like I've used her so much from DW7 onwards that I should try new characters. That throwing dagger moveset is permanently burned into my brain.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seems like you're meant to tackle Gauntlet mode with higher level characters. Like you said, even the first stage will smash your shit once the Miasma level rises. I love the concept though, look forward to doing it later. It's also nice that you keep XP if you die, unlike Story Mode where they just toss your ass to the main menu and you lose all unsaved progress...

What 3-man teams do you guys roll with? Right now Achilles is my anchor but I haven't settled on my other 2 yet. I was rocking Wang Yuanji but I feel like I've used her so much from DW7 onwards that I should try new characters. That throwing dagger moveset is permanently burned into my brain.

I've discovered that if you use the "Scout" formation, which lets your CPU-controlled team members run off on their own, Gauntlet Mode is much easier to tackle. The majority of my losses were due to my whole team being grouped together and all getting stomped by a single super powered enemy officer. This prevents that, since the majority of the time, as long as they're offscreen (at a good distance away from you) your CPU-controlled officers won't take any damage. There's also the added benefit of being able to explore maps faster as well. I definitely won't be going into Gauntlet without Scout anymore.

received this a couple of minutes ago

kAkIv7e.png

hype!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
received this a couple of minutes ago

hype!

Got that too on my phone app. Out of town this weekend, but can anyone confirm that the code actually shows up in notifications on PS4? The phone app message had no code attached for me, like the pic above.

Korten

Banned

To be fair, what I played of WO3U on PS4, it isn't a bad looking game. Sucks it's not 60 fps locked though, you can tell when the FPS drops but it never really becomes even close to unplayable.

JPS Kai

I personally use Zhurong as my dagger user. My team all through the review I did was Zhurong, Lu Bu, and Lu Meng. Ginichiyo is pretty fun too.

I love how much easier it is to get the ultimate skills if you do the Gauntlet Mode. Or, if you use the cross save from the vita to the ps4 version, you get two of every material to get you some ultimate skills right out of the gate.

PepperedHam

Any preference on which Warriors game I should pick up on the PS4? Been looking into this one and I've never played any of the Orochi games and the idea seems pretty fun but then there's also DW8XLCE, which would become the first DW game I play since 4.

Either of these two the preferred game?

Xander51

It's really odd that they did so little with it, considering the time it took to come out on PS4.

I just got Sengoku Musou 4 for PS4 today and look forward to seeing how much of an upgrade it is. They've said it got notable enhancements, but if it ends up being like WO3U was I'm done double-dipping on these titles and will just get whatever comes out first...

...Although I guess at this point everything will be on PS4 going forward.

To be fair, what I played of WO3U on PS4, it isn't a bad looking game. Sucks it's not 60 fps locked though, you can tell when the FPS drops but it never really becomes even close to unplayable.

I agree that it's a good-looking game in spite of a near total lack of enhancements. The resolution and framerate are definitely higher, and some of the texture work looks better filtered and just sharper overall. If I had known there weren't enhancements before buying...I still probably would have bought it because I totally love this series. I guess I'm part of the problem.

Korten

Banned
So question... I've been trying to play Gauntlet mode and even story mode and why do some of the player-character officers are able to just... 3 hit me? Like I was in gauntlet, doing good, an officer ran up to me and instantly everyone in my party died, even those who had full health...

In the story mode I'm only on the second mission, on normal. I get to the final guy, he does one combo, I have all 3 people out and bam. Everyone died without a single thing I could do...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So question... I've been trying to play Gauntlet mode and even story mode and why do some of the player-character officers are able to just... 3 hit me? Like I was in gauntlet, doing good, an officer ran up to me and instantly everyone in my party died, even those who had full health...

In the story mode I'm only on the second mission, on normal. I get to the final guy, he does one combo, I have all 3 people out and bam. Everyone died without a single thing I could do...

As far as Gauntlet Mode goes...yeah, it's hard. The best thing to do is use one of the blue formations. These allow your party to split up and explore the map independently. That way you aren't all grouped together and a single enemy officer can't plow through your whole team in a single attack.

As for Story...it shouldn't be that hard starting out. Maybe level up a bit more and don't have your whole party out? I only use that feature when I want to do a Triple Musou.

kaioshade

Xu Shu is hilariously strong. his R1 is just LOL. Instant 9999 combo.

Koei and this guy....That man will never leave my team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember in the first WO or maybe it was the second one

Sun Wukong was stupid broken. His regular movement speed was faster than Red Hare. That's why I love the Orochi series. It's so unbalanced kinda like the older mashup games we don't get anymore like MK Trilogy. Like Achilles R1 could instantly kill any general.

Well after enjoying One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, I've decided to jump into this game as well. My first Musou was actually Samurai Warriors 3DS but for some reason I can't recall, the game ended up pissing me off and I lost it.

Anyway, my dream team would be Takenaka Hanbei, Chosokabe Motochika and Mori Motonari! Does it take a long time to unlock them?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I remember in the first WO or maybe it was the second one

Sun Wukong was stupid broken. His regular movement speed was faster than Red Hare. That's why I love the Orochi series. It's so unbalanced kinda like the older mashup games we don't get anymore like MK Trilogy. Like Achilles R1 could instantly kill any general.

The Orochi series is the MvC of musou. It's broken as shit and that's kinda the whole point. :lol

(I've been using this analogy since before MvC3 came out, and I don't care if it's not as accurate as it used to be, I still like using it.)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The best thing is getting an EXP Fever in the middle of a huge crowd with a SW character, since they have the old style of Musou that you can just hold down and keep firing off until your bar runs out. Since your musou bar refills to max when you gain a level, you can just jump into the middle of a crowd and musou until the end of the EXP Fever. I gained like 12 levels at once with Ina like this. :lol

Korten

Banned
As far as Gauntlet Mode goes...yeah, it's hard. The best thing to do is use one of the blue formations. These allow your party to split up and explore the map independently. That way you aren't all grouped together and a single enemy officer can't plow through your whole team in a single attack.

As for Story...it shouldn't be that hard starting out. Maybe level up a bit more and don't have your whole party out? I only use that feature when I want to do a Triple Musou.

Yeah for story mode I just kept running duel mode, got each character to 40 and rofl stomped.

VexyWexy

Xu Shu is hilariously strong. his R1 is just LOL. Instant 9999 combo.

Koei and this guy....That man will never leave my team.

Wow, you weren't kidding. Now I just need to unlock color edit to give him a black robe to go with his red lightsaber.

Anyway, my dream team would be Takenaka Hanbei, Chosokabe Motochika and Mori Motonari! Does it take a long time to unlock them?

You start with Hanbei and unlock Motonari and Motochika in chapter 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even through Troy failed, I hope Achilles continues appearing in future installments. He's my favorite new character to play, and he comes off as a much better rival to Lu Bu than Keiji or Tadakatsu.

And I love his r1.

Top Bottom