• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

Hollycat

I went with the Vita version, and while I am enjoying my time with it, I kind of wish I went PS4. The big problem for me is the amount of enemies/enemy pop-in. I just know on the PS4 it would be much more entertaining destroying much larger groups of enemies at once. The only reason to pick the Vita version in my opinion is if you really get good use out of the portability. That's the reason I got it and it is great for my waiting for bus/bus ride commute

Exactly all this.

On the Ps4 version Sony "forgot" to add the trophy list to the server so while the game unlocks them normally they are not added to your account and do not show up. Supposedly they will sync up normally once Sony flips the switch so to speak, but I have no clue if that will be the case. This would occaisionally happen on 360 and sometimes would lock you out of achievements you unlocked while the list wasn't "live". The game would think you already have the achievement locally so it wouldn't allow you to unlock it again. This happened to me with the DLC for Phantasy Star Universe. The only way to get the achievements again was pretty severe in that you had to delete your gamer profile locally and then recover it from Microsoft.

I have no experience with how Sony deals with this in regards to trophies. It is rather ridiculous that it is nearly a week since release and they still haven't bothered to fix a basic function of the game.

Good lord! What with all that nonsense regarding the digital version of the game, and the fact they haven't activated trophies on the PS4 version, plus I think I heard stuff about DLC issues, this game has had a pretty rough introduction on Sony hardware. I hope Sony pull their finger out soon and sort all of this stuff.

I personally have the PS4 disc version, and I can't get to check trophies I've earned in it. That minor inconvenience aside, I'm enjoying the game a lot, and liking the additional mechanics and missions added since Hyper.

Was going to buy on PS3 as I had a 20 dollar psn card, but thought the game was 40 when it was actually 50 xD

Hard to justify when I plan on getting a PS4 next month. Oh well. Someone play as Musashi for me in the meantime. <3

VexyWexy

Finally finished up the original game's content only to find out Chapters 5 and 6 are a total snoozefest.

I hope 7 and 8 are more interesting... Still lovin the game overall though, the Promote feature is awesome.

Xu Shu's R1 is so broken lmfao. I been farming Battle Field bonus weapon on chaos difficulty with Xu Shu and damn it's making Mystical Weapon obsolete. Those 4-star weapon with +70-80ish bonus are so nice.

The game is so long been playing 3 day straight and still on chapter 3 since leveling up characters is so time consuming. Xing Cai/Ginchiyo/Nuwa are my main trio with Nene on the side. Working on Lianshi/Aya/Joan since I enjoy them (especially when Lianshi says "Ara Ara").

Yuan Shao in this game is golden, his extra stage in Chapter 3 with Ginchiyo and Zhurong made me enjoy him that much more.

KOEI TECMO EUROPE &#8207;@koeitecmoeurope

Regarding the PS4 Trophies not syncing for #WO3U, we have contacted the team. We'll get back to you as soon as we have the update. #KTfamily

Damn, the speed upgrade is capped lower than I'd hoped. I'll have to see how much the 4th promotion boost is to determine whether I can ditch horses and/or the speed boosting accessory forever.

even though the game looks like a ps3 game most of the times, i like how fast it is to jump in and out of it when i feel like it(loading times and stuff) .

such a tough month, i really wanna keep playing this but then i have destiny waiting for me... and late night gaming is catching up to me

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So it looks like they're going to be releasing the old WO3 DLC for the PS4/Vita at the same pace they released it at on the PS3 (that being, very slowly). Makes me wonder just how long it's going to take them to get to the new WO3U DLC. I want Yuanji's fantasy costume, dammit.

SO guys , finally got my copy .
Uploaded my PS3 save. Going to wait a little so i can use it on PS4.

#hype

Edit: LOL that PS4 manuel is thin ...Thankfully i still have the PS3 manual.

DOUBLE EDIT : Damn , no trophies ..i guess i'll wait for a fix before playing more...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone else notice that the teammate AI in Gauntlet Mode is shiiiiiiiiit? Sometimes my guys will just stand at a ladder forever hopelessly trying to figure out how to use it. :lol And if they fall into a river surrounded by mountains? Might as well count them out for the remainder of the stage unless you take control of them and swim them out yourself (which can take a while, depending on where they fell in), because they will not get out on their own.

On the opposite side of the coin, the enemy AI in Gauntlet Mode is the best it's ever been. In that it's fucking brutal. :lol

shaowebb

Zhang Liao is a beast. Lovin the laser and air R1. Good shit. Xu Shu makes this game free with Arrow Storm so I easily see him being the first to reach lvl 100 and get promoted 9 times.

Pretty kickass btw that I can max out someone and then start them back at 1 with permanent stat buffs. Lets me not get tired of folks and gives me a real goal for them after awhile. Xu Shu you will so become lvl 100 9x. Cannot wait to unlock Nemea soon. I want my main back.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, there are a few shameful translation errors in this game. The two biggest I've noticed this far:

1. In Gauntlet Mode, one of the Dragon Portal effects is stated as "Enemies in the area have been strengthened due to the effects of the Dragon Portal". But this is completely wrong. The enemies aren't strengthened, they're frozen. Completely different.

2. In a later story mode stage, there's two generic officers who turn on you. But when they do, the message that pops up is "_____ and _____ have joined you!". No, they haven't. They've turned on you. Again, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING, Koei.

Nearly two years and this is the best localization we could get? Come on, Koei.

esterk

Hey guys, glad I'm not the only one having the trophy issues on ps4. Hopefully a fix comes around soon.

Has anyone else had an issue where all trophy data won't sync after installing the game? I assume it's related to the trophy issue but anytime I install the game and play suddenly none of my trophies will sync with PSN at all. The only fix for this I've found is deleting my profile and signing in again. So essentially I can't play the game at all without all my trophy data on my PSN account fucking up.

Is this just me? Maybe I have a bad copy?

ShinMaruku

My trophies are working. I am loving the changes they put into this. I just love cancling my combos into Kunoichi's juglle soo good

Hollycat

Either I'm glitching out repeatedly or there is something wrong with the game. I decided to go back and play some levels on easy mode to level up one of the characters, I get to the one you do in order to rescue
Lian Shi
. Level starts, I run up to first enemy, bam mission failed, commander dead.

Wat. but that was less than 30 seconds?

Try the same level again, same result.

Is anyone having a problem on this level? It played fine on Normal and Hard.

Either I'm glitching out repeatedly or there is something wrong with the game. I decided to go back and play some levels on easy mode to level up one of the characters, I get to the one you do in order to rescue
Lian Shi

That level suckssssssss

Anyway, you need to get a horse and basically charge around saving all the NPCs since they are the most fragile things ever.

It might actually be harder on easy mode since your NPCs are even more fragile on it compared to normal or hard mode.

So i did something stupid.
Deleted the icon on my ps4 and reinstalled the game.
Didn't apply the patch and then
Got a notification from a trophy ( since i've played a bit before )I was like 'cool'
And then i went into notifications , saw the trophy in the list with new , and when i confirmed the ps4 loaded the trophy list !!

Honnestly i was happy. And then i realised...

The trophy was for the PS3/Vita version
And as such i can't see it on my pS4 ( and the ps4 can't sync it either ) because it's a PS3 trophy list.

WHY, tecmo... why did you put the PS3 list in the PS4 game?

facepalm.jpg

Not joking ..i can provide pics of the stupidity if needed .... i have the PS4 version ( disk ) of ultimate only.

esterk

Yeah that appears to be the problem. Trophies are online for ps3 and vita but not ps4, even though you can see them locally. They therefore won't get sync'd properly.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Lian Shi

Yea, on Easy mode, every officer has a tiny health bar so that means even friendly commanders are liable to die extremely fast. No real need to play easy mode outside of certain grinding situations(Bonds, proficiency, etc...) though since Normal mode is way too easy as is.

Best to just stick to Normal, but really I find that Hard is much more enjoyable as it forces you to really take advantage of the character swapping, R1 abilities, musou, and other gimmicks to a greater effect. Plus the drops and items you discover are of much higher quality. Normal just feels way too easy to just mash out a map with a single character and get minimal rewards.

Hard is a MAJOR step up though and its recommended for characters of level 20(with a few good items equipped) to feel balanced for survival. I find myself taking new level 1 "recommended" characters for stages and dumping XP into them up to around that level before starting a map so they have access to their entire movelist and have the stats to at least feel survivable. Skill is still required and I quick save often to avoid the punishing boot to title screen if something goes awry.

Once you hit closer to level 30 with a character though, Hard is pretty smooth going, but 20 and below can really test your skill and it can be an enjoyable challenge despite the occasional cheap death that makes you want to toss your controller. Until you get some powerful equippable items(ie. ATK/DEF +) it can be rough going. Worth the struggle initially to get good items in those early hours(at least on low star maps, high star maps are super rough even on hard).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So many KOs

e8wKKP4.jpg

Been about a couple of weeks or more, and still no trophies active on the PS4 version. Come on Sony, pull your finger out and try to care about sorting it.

Been about a couple of weeks or more, and still no trophies active on the PS4 version. Come on Sony, pull your finger out and try to care about sorting it.

When asked on twitter , all they answer is : " it's on investigation !"
I was under the impressions that some dlcs should have been there for the release week too but when i use the store link ( within the game ) the page turn empty

So frsutrating.

esterk

Ugh. I hate this. I can't even play the game without inconvenience. I may just sell it and rebuy it once the issue is fixed.

Hollycat

I'm not regretting my vita purchase as much any more, but there are stilll 3 things that stand out as pretty damn awful.

1) all of the character models have been reduced to about the same as the models in WO2. Thankfully most of the time isn't closeups. Unfortunately, they use the same models in cutscenes. Popin is kinda awful as well.

2) GOSHDAMN this game uses the vita battery super quickly. I have a nyko powergrip and I can only get about 4 hours while not plugged with this game.\

3) The number of enemies on screen is pretty unacceptable. The game doesn't even consider unrendered enemies invisible, it just says they arent there. They will also disappear during complex attacks, meaning an attack that should have defeated 50 enemies only defeats 10. Heck, the game ofter doesn't even render bosses until you've passed them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
How the hell do you even play this mode? Is it a late level only mode? We cleared the whole map and I swear no exit appeared...

You have to make sure you check all the Dragon Portals. An unchecked portal is a small circle on the map, a checked one is a large circle. If you were checking them all, you may have missed one. It's not uncommon for the last portal you check to be the exit (sometimes I think it's rigged :lol). Though now I have a formation that has an ability that lets you warp straight to the exit (even if you haven't found it yet). This might seem broken at first, but really the whole point of Gauntlet Mode is grinding for weapon/orb materials and characters, so exiting quickly isn't a priority most of the time. Plus you want to check as many portals as possible for EXP Fevers. Really the ability just saves you some time when you do decide it's time to leave.

It's not really late-level, per se. I've played with a team of Lv. 25s and did relatively well. It's really all about learning to use the formations. Especially the scouting formations (the blue ones). Makes navigating the maps so much easier.

ShinMaruku

I use my remotre play to put it on my vita...
But I assume it's probably the same since the ps3 version did not really tax the ps3.

Reknoc

I'm not regretting my vita purchase as much any more, but there are stilll 3 things that stand out as pretty damn awful.

1) all of the character models have been reduced to about the same as the models in WO2. Thankfully most of the time isn't closeups. Unfortunately, they use the same models in cutscenes. Popin is kinda awful as well.

2) GOSHDAMN this game uses the vita battery super quickly. I have a nyko powergrip and I can only get about 4 hours while not plugged with this game.\

3) The number of enemies on screen is pretty unacceptable. The game doesn't even consider unrendered enemies invisible, it just says they arent there. They will also disappear during complex attacks, meaning an attack that should have defeated 50 enemies only defeats 10. Heck, the game ofter doesn't even render bosses until you've passed them.

yep, the third one especially is getting really annoying. It wouldn't be as big as a problem if it had some proper system in for enemy priority but nope, it's trash and I spend too long looking for an officer or waiting for them to finally pop in. Still enjoying it though, and I really do prefer playing these games on Vita, I just wish it was better.

Can someone help me understand the stat boosts you get to assign when you level up a promoted character? Are you supposed to use them as soon as you can? Any reason to save them? I've promoted a character once so far, they seemed to get a new proficiency and two more equipment slots, but no bonus stats or anything

Hollycat

Can someone help me understand the stat boosts you get to assign when you level up a promoted character? Are you supposed to use them as soon as you can? Any reason to save them? I've promoted a character once so far, they seemed to get a new proficiency and two more equipment slots, but no bonus stats or anything

They permanantly increase that characters stats. Use them before they reach 99 or you'll miss out on some and have to wait a while. The upgrade stones are where the stat boosts come from. Speed is the only limited stat, but by the time you add 50 to it from base speed you'll be moving around the same speed as if you picked up boots all the time.

Man, Gauntlet Mode is fun but also exhausting.

Already ran through it three times and now finally I can unlock all the stages in it, in my fourth run through.

Brandon F

Been hooked on the PS4 version and impulse bought the Vita version for some trips coming up, but I immediately regretted it. It's mostly playable, but most of your complaints have me equally soured. Everytime I boot it up I immediately reconsider that decision for the sake of playing it properly on PS4. The Vita version does have some of the best water I've ever seen in a game though!

ALternately, I have dug back into Orochi 1 on Vita though instead which is a pretty superlative port. Despite being a PSP game with scummy sub-PS2 visuals, the game performs magnificently. Far better framerate, pop-in still exists but somewhat less problematic, but playing the game is a more pleasant experience. I also like the comic-style interstitials replacing the real-time cutscenes. I also dig that each character has personal missions tied to unlocking "skills" giving good reason to freely experiment and try out the entire roster. NO BOND GARBAGE TOO! Oh and the older Orochi games respect my time far more by allowing me to save any progression progress I make even after failing a stage, no silly boot back to title screen nonsense potentially losing 30 minutes of play because I got stunlocked by an enemy commander musou accidentally. Why did Orochi 3 remove that? In some ways I prefer the older Orochi games.

Hupsel

What are your favorite characters, guys? I find some characters to have amazing R1s that one shot bosses on hard and others that only do a bit of damage. Running Sun Shiangxang because I got an amazing weapon from a lottery ticket and her R1 is pretty good. Tried Ayane but didnt like her that much.

Brandon F

What are your favorite characters, guys? I find some characters to have amazing R1s that one shot bosses on hard and others that only do a bit of damage. Running Sun Shiangxang because I got an amazing weapon from a lottery ticket and her R1 is pretty good. Tried Ayane but didnt like her that much.

I've been purely sticking to recommended teams for each mission so far. Haven't really settled on any favs at all. I enjoy constantly shifting around and trying out new heroes myself especially given how massive the roster is.

Once I finish this -insanely long- story mode and start farming strong weapons and items for harder difficulties I'll probably settle into a few. Though I agree some characters R1 abilities are just crazy OP. Sun Shang Xiang's is certainly up there. Xiahou Ba(massive Cloud sword guy) is actually pretty damn good as well, his EX move devastates. I am really impressed with Ryu also, great that Izuna Drop is his C1. Actually all of his move sets are staples from Ninja Gaiden Xbox.

Still dying to see Sophitia, but haven't unlocked her.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Zhou Yu - His EX destroys crowds, and the rest of his moveset is really good, too.

Zhao Yun - King of the juggles. So much fun to play. Great against crowds and one-on-one.

Ryu Hayabusa - Izuna drop izuna drop izuna drop izuna drop izuna drop

Nobunaga Oda - His musou sucks, but otherwise he's really fun.

Nene and Kunoichi - Both basically have the same moveset (with a few differences) and are really good. Kunoichi's air R1 is hilarious. If you're good at aiming it you can just stomp officers to death without ever touching the ground.

Xu Shu - Hated him in DW8, but he's godlike here. His R1 is absolutely nuts, probably one of the best in the game.

Actually come to think of it I can't list all my favorites. There's just too many of them. Aya, Cao Cao, Cao Pi, Taishi Ci, Wang Yuanji, Sima Yi, Sterkenburg, Sophitia, Cai Wenji, Huang Zhong, Sun Shangxiang, Zhou Tai, and more.

Brandon F

How does the Vita version compare to the PS3 version? I can't decide which version to get.

PS3 version is closer to the PS4 port than Vita. By far. PS3 is actually pretty solid with a strong framerate and though it renders less enemies and is running at a lowered resolution over PS4, it's a very solid version of the game.

Vita is kinda ugh for many of the complaints the last few pages have mentioned. It's portable, but a fraction as fun. I do at least appreciate that you need not use the rear touch and can switch warriors(or do rush or triple attacks) using the front touch screen really easily. But really, go PS3 or PS4 if you have the option.

Hollycat

My main for the Orochi games has always been Kunoichi despite her narrow hit box. However, they made Xu Shu so freaking overpowered he's hard to resist. You can take out the final boss without using a quarter of your musou bar with him.

I guess with her new air R1, Kunoichi now falls under overpowered too, but not nearly to the extent of Xu Shu.

ShinMaruku

My team is Ayane,Tommy and Kunoichi. Their switch in combo cancling is something to be seen. Also their true Mousous are insane

Guymelef

So what is exactly the trophy problem with PS4 version?
I just receive my PAL copy and I'm scared of play the game, trophies doesn't work? doesn't sync?

esterk

So what is exactly the trophy problem with PS4 version?
I just receive my PAL copy and I'm scared of play the game, trophies doesn't work? doesn't sync?
Basically you earn trophies but they won't appear on your PSN account because they aren't actually online yet to sync up. When/if it is fixed you should get credited for all the ones you unlocked.

However, I have an issue where all my trophy data won't sync at all for any games. My only way to fix this is to delete and reinstall my user. This happens everytime I play the game. The problem with this is by deleting my user and reinstalling it, I also delete all local, unsyncheonized trophies (ergo, the ones I get from playing WO3 and any other games).

Alszem

PS3 version is closer to the PS4 port than Vita. By far. PS3 is actually pretty solid with a strong framerate and though it renders less enemies and is running at a lowered resolution over PS4, it's a very solid version of the game.

Vita is kinda ugh for many of the complaints the last few pages have mentioned. It's portable, but a fraction as fun. I do at least appreciate that you need not use the rear touch and can switch warriors(or do rush or triple attacks) using the front touch screen really easily. But really, go PS3 or PS4 if you have the option.

Thanks for info!

Top Bottom