• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs reviews

Gaz_RB

I dont have to. mediocore to me is just an average game nothing special. Will this be a game of the year? will it go down as a all time great game? All i meant by that comment is there have been so many games in the past few years you go on different forums and neogaf and peopel compalin game isnt good, graphics, framerate, and resolution... then a year later the publisher release that the game sold 10 million. All I am saying is dont compalin then go out and buy 10 million copies of a game... why should the publisher/developer change their way of doing things?????

I guess you got lost.

Here's the link back: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704529-watch-dogs

Negatives outweigh positives, but its getting damn near perfect scores. The modern review scale at its finest.

If they reviewers honestly felt the negative outweighed the positive, they would have scored it lower. Since this is not the case, they obviously felt there were positives than negatives. There's no conspiracy or warped scale here.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
30 minutes left before the reviews come out. We'll see what's what.

In the meantime, it seems Transistor is a good game. I'm going to watch some reviews of that.

DSN2K

have Ubi confirmed these are approved reviews ? wouldn't wanna make an opinion based off Beta code now would I.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Debating whether to get this or Wolfenstein. I can only really afford one game for the next couple months. What does GAF think?

It's extremely sad that you can purchase the game on its intended release date and still not have reviews. Name another medium that does this.

DSN2K

Debating whether to get this or Wolfenstein. I can only really afford one game for the next couple months. What does GAF think?

Wolfenstein has no multiplayer and whiles its quite good its not something I'll be playing in 6 months from purchase.

Watch Dogs is the kind of game that should give you a years worth of play if its decent. That is still up in the air till we get impressions and reviews.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Dunno about WD, but Wolfenstein only has about 12-15 hours worth of content. If you can only get one and it needs to last for months, Wolf might not be right for you.

Eusis

Release day embargo? That's a more common practice nowadays than I'd like it to be, not only from Ubi.
I wonder if Ubisoft's the only one to reliably go by PST/PDT though. That's pretty damn stupid, should just be EST period and call it a day. At that point the game is available in stores officially, don't waste your time clowning around and going "oh but it's not midnight IN CALIFORNIA!!!"

hydruxo

It's extremely sad that you can purchase the game on its intended release date and still not have reviews. Name another medium that does this.

Agreed. It's also annoying that every game has these different embargoes. Devs/publishers need to be more consistent with the dates.

Eusis

Agreed. It's also annoying that every game has these different embargoes. Devs/publishers need to be more consistent with the dates.
Well, I won't blame them for not all falling into step, but I do think at a minimum once the version of the game they reviewed is legitimately available SOMEWHERE embargo's up. The point is that it's to control the situation pre-release, but once it's released it should be a free for all by all rights.

Andodalf

Banned
Are embargoes usually 12pm Pacific worldwide? I seem to remember one time where IGN put a review up early and justified it because of their UK branch writing it.

Mr. RHC

This should be good, I might get some corn for this thread.

iJegnB74nW1fq.gif

mujun

Reviews seem to carry a lot of weight with the consumer when compared to other types of entertainment.

Games are the only thing where I really even bother referring to reviews. Don't do it with books, music, TV, etc.

cackhyena

Reviews seem to carry a lot of weight with the consumer when compared to other types of entertainment.

Games are the only thing where I really even bother referring to reviews. Don't do it with books, music, TV, etc.
I can't even comprehend this. If anything, it's almost the opposite for me.

whitehawk

Banned
Yup. If they were smart, reviews would come out a day or two before release. I saw the Rev3Games review for BioShock Infinite the day before the midnight release and it made me go out with a friend to pick it up at midnight.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This will surely impact my decision to buy. By that I mean it won't. I surely don't expect good scores based on the waves the game has generated.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Let the witch hunt begin.

Tubie

I still have no idea if I should pick this up tomorrow or skip it, and I don't know which reviews to even trust anymore.

Top Bottom