• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs reviews

Daft_Cat

...but can it Sleepy Dogs? If it's anywhere close to that in terms of fun factor, then I'm not not on board. Graphics can suck my dick. Do you honestly think I paid 400 bucks for improved performance and presentation?

I totally did, but I'm not going to cry over milk that Ubi done spilt.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I have to wonder if that's from a pirated version. Often times those are sabotaged to be like this.

There are cleverer ways to give the finger to pirates that atleast don't make your game seem busted as shit. If this isn't reflective of the actual final product, then thank goodness.

akileese

It's kind of mind blowing that all of these reviews are giving a fantastic score but acknowledging the problems and the hilariously terrible AI as if this is a sort of minor issue. Where's the fun in being on the run if the computer is too stupid to come close to catching you?

Boy, I can't wait. Truly I can't wait till the critical consensus comes through. Good or bad, it's truly going to be a frenzy. But if the game scores well, like 83+ metacritic, man this place is going to light up.

It's kind of mind blowing that all of these reviews are giving a fantastic score but acknowledging the problems and the hilariously terrible AI as if this is a sort of minor issue. Where's the fun in being on the run if the computer is too stupid to come close to catching you?

Did they state what difficulty they had on though? That matters.

Gaz_RB

The ai is not hilariously bad by any means.

Pimpwerx

Those bugs are really abnormal, as those who have played the game have pointed out.
Same glitch happened to me in TR. Kept falling through the map. Kept reloading, and nothing. Restarted the game and nothing. Had to find a way to the nearby camp and fast traveled to a new area, then fast traveled back. Really weird bug. PEACE.

Chris_C

Anyone else having trouble accessing the PS store on PS4? It keeps erroring out for me. Preordered it on the web store, but it's rather annoying.

how are the main site reviews not yet out? and the game is out now .... only one reason for that ...

The embargoes get lifted until the 27th and a lot of what I'd imagine to be "main sites" are either in the US where it isn't yet the 27th, or are where it is still very early morning? I don't know specifics but I imagine that the embargo is set for a specific time internationally which probably is sometime in the morning on the US West coast, as that would mean the game would be fully available.

The embargoes get lifted until the 27th and a lot of what I'd imagine to be "main sites" are either in the US where it isn't yet the 27th, or are where it is still very early morning? I don't know specifics but I imagine that the embargo is set for a specific time internationally which probably is sometime in the morning on the US West coast, as that would mean the game would be fully available.

Anyone who has received a review copy of WD has the 5/27 12:01 AM PT embargo

Tunin

I like the game, I really do. There is a lot of room for improvement but the ground work and the potential is there.
With the right people and the right amount of polishment this can be one of the major Ubisoft franchises for this generation.

It's normal for most games. Unless an outlet has arranged an exclusive review embargo (which is a bullshit move) most sites must all adhere to the same embargo time.

Yup, midnight-O'one.

Reviews will be live then.

I meant reviews embargoed till the actual release date. Just seems really insecure.

I give it an 8/10

Not quite GTAV quality but easily the next best thing.

I imagine a sequel would score all 10's if they listen to feedback.

I meant reviews embargoed till the actual release date. Just seems really insecure.

Oh, sorry. It varies game to game, but I'd say about 50% are embargoed until midnight the night before.

Since Nintendo historically releases games on Sundays, their embargoes usually fall the Friday before release.

Let's just make sure we separate the reviews done by those who played it on easy to blow through the game and get their review out, and those that played it on realistic.

Bsigg12

I give it an 8/10

Not quite GTAV quality but easily the next best thing.

I imagine a sequel would score all 10's if they listen to feedback.

I feel this is a similar situation to Assassin's Creed 1. Strong premise just didn't quite deliver on the first go round. However, Watch Dogs first game is a solid outting, better overall execution than Assassin's Creed 1, to open a franchise. I am only about 4 hours in though so my mind could change the farther I get into it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

.... My girlfriend wanted to be nice and preordered this game and Destiny for me tonight for PS4. She accidentally bought both PS3 versions and we just had a nice hour long hold for support. They will review if I can cancel the preorder and if they approve it they will refund me for store credit. Within 7 business days....

Screw Sony support, honestly I didn't want a refund I wanted the version changed. -.- I understand there may be systemic reasons why they can't do that but come on. She's not a gamer she clicked the big banner ad on your site.

*I am not a smart man and they just refunded me for the full amount well before the 7 day thing.*

Let's just make sure we separate the reviews done by those who played it on easy to blow through the game and get their review out, and those that played it on realistic.

And amongst those let's sub divide the group further into those that played on a chair vs couch vs rumble gaming chair. Then we can drill down deeper and see which reviewers played during the best playing hours (9 pm to 3 am) and which amongst those did so while partially clothed. Because only those reviews are legit.

Ridiculous.

Gaz_RB

I expect this game to sell between 5-10 million copies. good job Ubisoft you give amediocre game and sell through the roof. After all the craziness associated wih this game you would think gamers would steer clear... not even a little bit. Another hit for Ubisoft

Have you played it?

JLeack

Banned
I expect this game to sell between 5-10 million copies. good job Ubisoft you give amediocre game and sell through the roof. After all the craziness associated wih this game you would think gamers would steer clear... not even a little bit. Another hit for Ubisoft

It's not a mediocre game at all. Gosh dang it.

Have you played it?

No, but he met a guy who knew a guy who saw a stream of a guy who saw a stream of the game.

SMH.

Question? Have you played it? Do people on gaf even realize how badly they are projecting or do they not even care?

Smash88

Banned

The influx of junior members is really making it annoying to read this forum now.

Just a bunch of trolls every thread I go into now.

We survived last E3, we can survive anything

I understand, but seriously these past couple of days, every Watch Dogs thread you go into has been a cesspool of (mostly) junior members, going in and trolling.

Yeah this plays like GTA with a cell phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c

Rolling my eyes out of my skull...

Man... it's crazy how much time Rockstar put into the little things of GTAIV even. The car driving into the metal stairs and getting hood scratches blew me away just now... and it's a 5+ year old game.

The lack of interaction with the world is the one thing that breaks immersion for me a lot... It's something I take for granted in GTA. In GTA, you crash into something and it feels like you're crashing into something in the world... from these videos, in Watch_dogs, crashing into something seems like you're crashing into an otherworldly immovable box..

Top Bottom