• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Probably pathetic for a fit person, but I just hit a new record for myself! I walked/jogged the 4.32 miles home in just 65 minutes. When I first moved here about 10 and a half months ago it was taking me nearly an hour and a half to get to or from work :)

daripad

Congrats. I have a long way to go

Me too, but oh well, we just. have to continue working on this thing. I've been receiving lots of compliments lately and it feels awesome! I hope to get to my goal before christmas, so I can eat omfortably that day abd new years day too.
Probably pathetic for a fit person, but I just hit a new record for myself! I walked/jogged the 4.32 miles home in just 65 minutes. When I first moved here about 10 and a half months ago it was taking me nearly an hour and a half to get to or from work :)
Congrats! That is a really good timing, don't be down to yourself or doing a great job ;)

mkenyon

Banned
Crosspost from fitness thread:

Pic of where I run every day. This trail was nearly barren a month ago. Maybe some green sprouts here and there, but mostly just winter branches. Gotta love springtime in the NW:

N0raEL5.jpg

I can't imagine having to run in the city or even suburbia after this.

I don't have any pics, but my body composition is changing quite positively; my upper arms are thicker, bigger and more muscle-like. shirts are getting tight around the shoulders/back area too. I can't remember the last time my arms were this big in such a short time frame. This diet is absolutely working perfectly for me. I've only been swimming for *almost* an entire month, and weight lifting already has me so excited!

Thats awesome! Good work! :)

I am back on the wagon. I have essentially been stalled out between 220-230 for a couple months now (100% due to slacking diet wise) and I am looking to get back into the swing of things to knock out the last 25 lbs that I want to lose. I just have a couple questions that I would like to get feedback on.

I have already lost over 100 lbs, and I am getting to the point where I am looking to get "fit" rather than just skinny. I am not looking to get ripped, and I really have a hard time motivating myself to go to the gym. Is it practical to simply focus on sports? I am super competitive and play sports like Basketball, Tennis, Badminton, etc any time I get the chance, but I am not sure whether that is a legitimate path.

I currently work retail while also going to school full time, and trying to get back into low carb has been hard and I feel fatigued. What carb level should I be aiming for with a very active general routine? Often times I under eat, then binge after work because I am so exhausted, and I am wondering if upping my carb intake could help with that without effecting my weight loss too much.

Anyways, thanks for any advice!

Edit: I am 6' 5".

Schlep

I have already lost over 100 lbs, and I am getting to the point where I am looking to get "fit" rather than just skinny. I am not looking to get ripped, and I really have a hard time motivating myself to go to the gym.
Getting ripped is something that takes months to years depending on your genetics and whether or not you know what you're doing. You don't work out for a couple months and become Thor.

Lifting would be a good thing to do, since you've probably lost a good amount of muscle in that 100 pounds.

mkenyon

Banned
Being active in general will get you into shape, as long as it is done regularly.

I hate the gym too, spent a crapton of time in the gym from when I was 9 through 18 years old for football. I run, and then do dumbell stuff at home just to keep my arms a bit more fit.

I'd say anything outdoors will help combat that distaste you have at the gym, just give different things a try to see what you like. Riding bikes, horses, trail running, hiking, standard running, etc. If you can't rely on being able to play a sport on a regular basis, having that other activity that you can just go do will help you be more consistent and see good gains.

As said above, it takes time, a lot of time.

Horseticuffs

Hey, you know you can even find ways to burn a calorie here and there in your daily life. Recently I've been trying to find excuses to stand where before I would sit (At my weight of about 186 lbs you burn 99 calories an hour just standing!), and whenever possible at work I have stopped using the elevator and started using the stairs.

I do a shit-ton of walking and I didn't think it would be a thing, but rushing up and down four flights of stairs really made my heart start going. I was pretty disappointed that it took so much out of me, but it was good to feel that sort of exhilaration and, hopefully, I'll get used to the stress of it and it won't even wind me soon.

Crosspost from fitness thread:

Pic of where I run every day. This trail was nearly barren a month ago. Maybe some green sprouts here and there, but mostly just winter branches. Gotta love springtime in the NW:

N0raEL5.jpg

I can't imagine having to run in the city or even suburbia after this.

That's really pretty! One of the things I've come to like about walking to and from work is that now I look forward to getting outdoors even on my days off! Even though my main path is along a highway, it's a pretty small town with a lot of rural bits and a nice, wide sidewalk. I can get an awesome view of the sun rising and setting if I'm lucky.

The pic doesn't do last night's sunset justice. There was all kinds of crazy color and 3d shit going down.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I was thinking of doing meal replacement shakes for lunch possibly. Anyone do them? Any recommendations I can buy at the grocer store? I need to drop some more weight.

Those who use them, do you eat breakfast, then one for lunch, then eat a big dinner?

Ramsiege

So back in February or so I found this topic and decided that it was time for me to start losing some weight. I even have a few posts in here from back then. It lasted all of two or three days. I tried doing the calorie counter app on my iPhone but I quickly lost interest. Add in the fact that I was moving halfway across the country at the end of March(from NW Arkansas to Central Florida) and dieting and exercise didn't really fit my life at that time. Once I got settled in here in Florida, me and my wife were talking about exercising more and dieting. Since I'm unemployed I started looking up different exercise programs and diets. Some of them like P90X and Insanity just looked way too intense for beginners like me and my wife. Then I saw this video.

Seeing Arthur's journey from wearing a back brace, knee braces, and arm crutches to walk to finally running in the end moved me. I saw that he did DDP Yoga so I looked into it. Being a fan of wrestling in the 90's and early 00's, I was already familiar with DDP and have heard that he was doing a yoga program now. I figured if it worked for Arthur, it could work for me. So I showed my wife the Arthur Boorman video, she was amazed as well, and she gave me the go ahead to order the first set of DVDs. It has been awesome being able to exercise with my wife and both of us get in better shape. We've started eating better than before and we have both noticed some weight loss, and more importantly, we've started losing inches.

Shorts that used to never fit before, suddenly fit, shirts that used to be tight, now hang a little loose. It's only been a month but we are both very happy with the results thus far. Granted I will admit I've only lost about 5-7 pounds since starting (not entire sure how much though because we didn't get a scale until two weeks in) but losing inches around my stomach and waist is awesome, also I actually have muscles now and can do push-ups! This really is a lifestyle change, and while it's been hard, I'm looking forward to the next 30 days and hopefully more results. Here's my 30 day comparison pic from this past Monday.

FireCloud

Finally reached 100 lbs lost! I can't believe how much better I feel than I used to. I've gone from wearing tight size 44 pants to a comfortable size 32 and from wearing stretched out XXL shirts to larges and some mediums.

I still have about 20 lbs more to go before I reach my goal but I'm starting to get worried looks from the family who think that I've already lost enough weight. According to the BMI chart I'm still considered overweight with a BMI of 26.9. My goal is to get below a BMI of 25. I'd be fine with a BMI of 22.0. I'll see how I feel after another 10 lbs. I may have to adjust my goal.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Finally reached 100 lbs lost! I can't believe how much better I feel than I used to. I've gone from wearing tight size 44 pants to a comfortable size 32 and from wearing stretched out XXL shirts to larges and some mediums.

I still have about 20 lbs more to go before I reach my goal but I'm starting to get worried looks from the family who think that I've already lost enough weight. According to the BMI chart I'm still considered overweight with a BMI of 26.9. My goal is to get below a BMI of 25. I'd be fine with a BMI of 22.0. I'll see how I feel after another 10 lbs. I may have to adjust my goal.

Congrats! That's amazing work. Honestly, BMI isn't the best measure to determine one's ideal weight. The fact that you're a size 32 jeans is a much better indication of where you are.

Kaizer

Banned
Any tips on meal replacement shakes/bars to buy?

If you haven't looked into Quest bars, I'd definitely start with those. Lots of different flavors, very low on carbs and packed with protein. I had one yesterday for breakfast before heading out to my classes and didn't eat again till evening time.

Horseticuffs

Very similar situation to myself, right down to the sizes and concerns from family! I understand that bmi isn't a hard and fast thing necessarily, but I've been severely morbidly obese most of my life and want to see how the other half lives now.
My original goal was 160,but seeing where I am at 185 I want to shoot for 150 or 155.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If you haven't looked into Quest bars, I'd definitely start with those. Lots of different flavors, very low on carbs and packed with protein. I had one yesterday for breakfast before heading out to my classes and didn't eat again till evening time.

Yeah, I'd heard of them. I'd like to replace lunch, the issue is I'm already low on calories during the day. Are quest bars fairly decent cals?

I'll look into them.

FireCloud

Very similar situation to myself, right down to the sizes and concerns from family! I understand that bmi isn't a hard and fast thing necessarily, but I've been severely morbidly obese most of my life and want to see how the other half lives now.
My original goal was 160,but seeing where I am at 185 I want to shoot for 150 or 155.

Congrats on the weight loss! I know how just how you feel. People asked me what drove the change to start losing weight. It was that I just got fed up with being fat (obese). Everything was a chore. I couldn't breathe while tying shoes, I'd hurt in the morning if I slept on my side, .... (well, you know).

Now that I've made it this far, I'm determined to see it through. I want at least to have what is classified as a "Normal" BMI (BMI < 25.0). That means I need to get down to at least 165 pounds. I was thinking that I'd give myself a buffer originally and set a goal for 150 pounds. I'm now 180 pounds and with how I'm feeling and looking I think 150 may be too much for my build. I've adjusted my goal to 160 pounds but will re-evaluate that after another 10 pounds lost.

Welcome to the other half... ;-)

mkenyon

Banned
I know what you guys mean.

Somewhere along the way, I stopped considering an end goal and just accepted this as the new and healthy way of life. It's more of a lifestyle change than a diet at this point.

daripad

I really try to get betterat this but my family is not helping me. They always bring tasty and unhealthy food at home and they even sometimes make me buy them their unhealthy dinner. I can't stand seeing all the food that I can't eat and sometimes I just can't hold the temptation and have to eat it.
I wish there was a way to get them started, but the time I tried, they didn't like any of the rules that I gave them to lose weight.
My sister is the only one who helps me (she is very healthy) but my father and his wife won't help and my sister and I have to eat what they have for our strongest dish. Breakfast and dinner are not a problem because we have time to cook them, but everything just falls apart in the afternoon.
Sorry for this guys, I just needed to vent. I hate this.

I finally got some old "before" pictures, it was difficult because I hated the camera (and my body) so I'd usually hide my face or just avoid the camera altogether.

I'l try to get them uploaded tomorrow.

Horseticuffs

I really try to get betterat this but my family is not helping me. They always bring tasty and unhealthy food at home and they even sometimes make me buy them their unhealthy dinner. I can't stand seeing all the food that I can't eat and sometimes I just can't hold the temptation and have to eat it.
I wish there was a way to get them started, but the time I tried, they didn't like any of the rules that I gave them to lose weight.
My sister is the only one who helps me (she is very healthy) but my father and his wife won't help and my sister and I have to eat what they have for our strongest dish. Breakfast and dinner are not a problem because we have time to cook them, but everything just falls apart in the afternoon.
Sorry for this guys, I just needed to vent. I hate this.
I understand you are frustrated, but please don't be discouraged. Are you able to serve yourself? At the very least you can choose a healthy portion size, to minimize the damage their cooking can cause. Good luck, family can be a frustrating and wonderful thing :)

It can be very difficult when you don't have a support system in place. It's even worse when your loved ones are actively trying to sabotage your efforts. Do they realize how important this is to you? The first step is to sit them down, have a serious conversation and stress that youre working really damn hard at changing your life, improving yourself and becoming healthier. They need to be in your corner. Let them know you that even if they don't understand your reasoning, its critical they don't treat this as a joke and don't try to sabotage it. If they still don't get it and you don't quite have the will power, it might be best to separate yourself when everyone else is eating.

Your family may resent the fact youre trying to eat better while they're still eating fast food and shit.

You're on a motherfucking mission, here. Sacrifices need to be made sometimes and distractions should be put aside. Small set backs (like falling off the wagon during dinner time with your family) are OK so long as you keep pushing forward.

Labrys

It can be very difficult when you don't have a support system in place. It's even worse when your loved ones are actively trying to sabotage your efforts. Do they realize how important this is to you? The first step is to sit them down, have a serious conversation and stress that youre working really damn hard at changing your life, improving yourself and becoming healthier. They need to be in your corner. Let them know you that even if they don't understand your reasoning, its critical they don't treat this as a joke and don't try to sabotage it. If they still don't get it and you don't quite have the will power, it might be best to separate yourself when everyone else is eating.

Your family may resent the fact youre trying to eat better while they're still eating fast food and shit.

You're on a motherfucking mission, here. Sacrifices need to be made sometimes and distractions should be put aside. Small set backs (like falling off the wagon during dinner time with your family) are OK so long as you keep pushing forward.

This. You gotta persevere! My extended family were awful about me losing weight--just because they can't get out of the groove of eating everything in sight and watching ESPN all day they made me feel like I was "anorexic" or "too skinny", and constantly berate me for not eating as much as I did before. You just got to ignore them. In case of dinner, if they only provide unhealthy food, don't eat with them! Grill up a piece of chicken and some veggies or something and eat in the other room, if that would help at all.

BIGWORM

Finally went jogging on the treadmill yesterday. From someone who hasn't jogged an inch since PE in high school, to jogging @ 4.2 mph for a solid 3 minutes on the treadmill is a MAJOR win for me.

MAJOR!

Finally went jogging on the treadmill yesterday. From someone who hasn't jogged an inch since PE in high school, to jogging @ 4.2 mph for a solid 3 minutes on the treadmill is a MAJOR win for me.

MAJOR!

Nice, not a bad start at all. You'll find your endurance improving surprisingly quickly if you push yourself.

Horseticuffs

MAJOR!
Wow! Quite a feat, man! Keep up the great work.

Courage

I'm back on the saddle again. I kind of slacked off for a month and gained 5-10 pounds of the 30 I lost, but this time I'm also gonna start exercising and will definitely keep my diet up. Gonna look good by the end of the summer.

mkenyon

Banned

MAJOR!
Keep it up man. In the beginning of April 2012, I could barely jog a quarter mile before having to take a good long walking break. Last weekend I jogged 9 miles.

When you are first starting, a year away might seem like a really long time. But, if you get into a routine and just stick with it, you are going to start loving yourself, and time will fly.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright, thinking about doing the almond quest bars as a lunch replacement. Anyone do this? Good idea?

I'd do a few eggs + turkey bacon for breakfast, and snacks of almonds and string cheese during the day. Along with my main dinner at night (usually chicken+ veggies).

Sound like a decent plan?

EDIT:
Or do I do something more like the Met-Rx bars? For more calories? Trade off is more carbs too.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GX9LY2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

MAJOR!

Suggestion. Try the Couch to 5K podcast. I hate running and did that about 2 years ago and it took me from barely being able to run a mile, to running 2.5-3 miles each time, multiple times per week. It starts off super slow for someone in your position too (like 30 sec jog, 2 min walk, on and off for 20 min or something). It's a podcast here:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

So I havent jogged for about 12 weeks because of the winter here in Chicago(I was doing other cardio tho).

Now the past three times I try jogging I don't feel tired and cardiovascularly I feel great, but around 1 mile in I get the worst cramps on my ribs.

Anyone know of some remedies for this? Or does my body just need to get used to jogging outside again?

So I havent jogged for about 12 weeks because of the winter here in Chicago(I was doing other cardio tho).

Now the past three times I try jogging I don't feel tired and cardiovascularly I feel great, but around 1 mile in I get the worst cramps on my ribs.

Anyone know of some remedies for this? Or does my body just need to get used to jogging outside again?

3 suggestions that may help, be sure not to take shallow breaths while running, be sure to be well hydrated and avoid running on a full stomach.

GulAtiCa

About a month ago, I noticed I was way overweight, at 245. Pretty bad. So I got myself on a diet as well as started walking/running. Obviously, I couldn't run much, as didn't have the energy yet again. But so far I lost 15 pounds and can run a lot better and easier with so much more energy.

Currently, I am now 230 (at 6"1) and am aiming for 10 more pounds. At 220, I'll be in much better shape and thin (yes, believe it or not, at 220, I'm thin. lol). My ultimate goal is to actually hit 210. That is where I will be in excellent shape.

BIGWORM

Suggestion. Try the Couch to 5K podcast. I hate running and did that about 2 years ago and it took me from barely being able to run a mile, to running 2.5-3 miles each time, multiple times per week. It starts off super slow for someone in your position too (like 30 sec jog, 2 min walk, on and off for 20 min or something). It's a podcast here:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Consider the app downloaded. I just need to buy some training/running shoes, and I'll be good to go, because running on DCs isn't the business.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Nope. That's a sign you are running too fast. Strap an HR monitor on if you can borrow one and ensure that your HR doesn't pass 150bpm on a continuous basis. The speed will surprise you with how slow it is compared to what you think you should be running, but that's the sweet spot for weightloss. You can gradually improve your speed by doing HIIT sprints during your longer jogs, towards the end of each run.

Zoe

I wouldn't say it's necessarily your heart rate--I finished the Couch to 5K program averaging around 170bpm.

In my experience, side stitches come from how you're breathing. Most people get it from breathing in through the mouth.

Horseticuffs

***WARNING- WEIRD RANT BY A DUDE WHO CAN'T SLEEP APPROACHES***

You know, I like to consider myself a logical guy. I always try to be, anyways. I've found myself lately, though, not believing my loss. In the face of insurmountable evidence (The clothes, the comments from people, the scale, hell even my reflection) I still expect to wake up one day or turn around and somehow I'll find that none of it was real. That is was all just some fantastic delusion.

The strange thing is that, if somehow that were to happen, it would SEEM completely logical and rational to me. It would make perfect sense in this weird internal life I'm living. I realize that that isn't how reality as we understand it works, but it's just a strange sensation. I look quite different now, and I know that every day I make progress towards being who I want to be, but it's just this weird sense.

When I was really fat, nearly 400 pounds, I couldn't fathom what it must feel like for someone to NOT have a huge belly in front of them. Like they must feel like they were missing some essential part of themselves. Maybe my words fail me, but I couldn't understand what it felt like to not be fat. Now that I'm so close to where I wanted to be when this all began I'm kind of shocked by the "normalcy" of it all. I don't feel like I'm missing a part of my body with no huge belly sticking off of me, which even seems like a silly notion now.

Weight loss is an interesting journey that can be at turns triumphant and humbling, but too often confusing. I guess all of us, especially those of us who've never been "normal", think that when we reach that shining mansion on the hill that is our goal that all will be understood or that we will feel "done". We won. We got the power-up and beat the game.

Studies show that the vast majority of people who lose weight gain it all back, and then some, eventually. It's a terrifying specter to entertain, the idea that chances are I'll soon be even fatter than I was and that my health will be worse for the experience*.

I guess transitioning from "Loss" to "Maintenance" over the summer and fall will be the key determining factor on if I can beat the odds. It's hard to know if the majority of people lose weight and get it back because they are honestly stupid enough to lose weight and go right back to how they fucked up in the first place, or if EVERYONE approached it as earnestly and sincerely as I have and made an honest effort at living a healthy life and it's all a matter of time before my willpower fails me and I join that lot.

Maybe these are common thoughts for people who are approaching their goal weight and are moving towards maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle, I honestly don't know. The idea that the statistics aren't on my side isn't very comforting to me, to be quite honest. Maybe that's why none of this feels real, because I almost expect it to all just disappear somehow.

* http://magazine.ucla.edu/exclusives/dieting_no-go/

Chittagong

Gold Member
***WARNING- WEIRD RANT BY A DUDE WHO CAN'T SLEEP APPROACHES***

snip

* http://magazine.ucla.edu/exclusives/dieting_no-go/

Very much echoes my feelings.

Cognitive dissonance - mirror vs identity - This was a really weird and scary sensation to me a while ago. I saw this increasingly slim guy in the mirror who I didn't identify with, because I had learned that my identity = chubby. I felt the guy looking back at me was scary. I didn't know whether he would be a nice and humble guy, or an arrogant and shallow prick. I felt that the growing muscles were 'not me'. This feeling has settled gradually now, but I expect it to come back for one more round as I am starting to approach vascularity.

Long term identity - I was on a Boot Camp and this was one of the most important takeaways, that my identity guides who I became, I home towards it with every choice I make in life. I can think that I am a slim guy in a fat guy suit, or a fat guy who got temporarily slim. To genuinely stay slim I have to believe at my heart that I am actually slim guy, and my life will home towards it.

Diet sustainability - My principle for long term weight loss (I have lost some 50lbs so far) has been that while I am dropping weight I must keep a satisfying amount of indulgences and vices in my weekly diet. For example, I love crisps and beer, and I need to be able to drop weight even though I enjoy some occasionally. The reason for this is that once I ease up a bit my overall diet or reduce cardio I will just stop losing and maintain my weight. If, on the other hand, I would limit indulgences and then ease up diet, reduce cardio and introduce indulgences my weight would rebound. If the indulgences are in when I drop weight I will just return to maintenance.

My health principles for life - Another thing I learned on Boot Camp is that I must have really simple, realistic rules of health I follow in my life. Here are mine:

- 2000 kcal / day max
- 200g protein / day minimum
- 2 days in the week are always IF days
- 3 weight and 3 cardio sessions a week minimum
- 1 day full rest a week minimum
- 2 days alcohol / week max. Only one of them can have beer

I have found these are sustainable for me and I stick to them pretty religiously. Currently I do a bit more to speed the process but this is my life baseline.

Horseticuffs

Very much echoes my feelings.

Cognitive dissonance - mirror vs identity - This was a really weird and scary sensation to me a while ago. I saw this increasingly slim guy in the mirror who I didn't identify with, because I had learned that my identity = chubby. I felt the guy looking back at me was scary. I didn't know whether he would be a nice and humble guy, or an arrogant and shallow prick. I felt that the growing muscles were 'not me'. This feeling has settled gradually now, but I expect it to come back for one more round as I am starting to approach vascularity.

Long term identity - I was on a Boot Camp and this was one of the most important takeaways, that my identity guides who I became, I home towards it with every choice I make in life. I can think that I am a slim guy in a fat guy suit, or a fat guy who got temporarily slim. To genuinely stay slim I have to believe at my heart that I am actually slim guy, and my life will home towards it.

Diet sustainability - My principle for long term weight loss (I have lost some 50lbs so far) has been that while I am dropping weight I must keep a satisfying amount of indulgences and vices in my weekly diet. For example, I love crisps and beer, and I need to be able to drop weight even though I enjoy some occasionally. The reason for this is that once I ease up a bit my overall diet or reduce cardio I will just stop losing and maintain my weight. If, on the other hand, I would limit indulgences and then ease up diet, reduce cardio and introduce indulgences my weight would rebound. If the indulgences are in when I drop weight I will just return to maintenance.

My health principles for life - Another thing I learned on Boot Camp is that I must have really simple, realistic rules of health I follow in my life. Here are mine:

- 2000 kcal / day max
- 200g protein / day minimum
- 2 days in the week are always IF days
- 3 weight and 3 cardio sessions a week minimum
- 1 day full rest a week minimum
- 2 days alcohol / week max. Only one of them can have beer

I have found these are sustainable for me and I stick to them pretty religiously. Currently I do a bit more to speed the process but this is my life baseline.

Thanks a lot for the perspective! I feel as if I've got the sustainability part pretty much down. I take pride in choosing the right foods at the right times of day to keep my diet balanced and hit all my macros.

I think it would definitely help me if I were to mentally organize all the different means of losing and maintaining weight (daily caloric intake restriction, IF, good nutrition, and exercise) and keep them in mind as tools at my disposal. I don't intend to ever stop logging my calories, so I'm hoping that alone will be a big help in keeping me from joining the 85%.

At the end of the day it seems that the ol' demon Dissonance is going to be my big obstacle. How does one accept something about their body that, while it is plainly evident, seems impossible? I guess it's probably the good kind of problem to have in the grand scheme of all potential problems. Maybe I can look at it like weight loss in general in the beginning. Even when I wasn't seeing any improvement I knew that if I just kept up trying every day that some positive change would happen eventually. In this case perhaps I need to acknowledge that my brain is my own worst enemy and I can't trust it for honest observations.

Anyways, thanks again for the well-thought-out response :)

daripad

Guys, thanks for the kind words the other day.
Now I'm in summer break and will have enough time to cook. Does anyone have sone receips to prepare chicken? Or is grilled the only way to go? Thanks in anticipation.

So I feel like I do ok in the exercise department but my diet is killing me.

I’m 28 married, have a 11 month old baby, and have an office desk job. My commute is also about an hour and a half each day. For some reason my wife likes to keep tons of food on hand in our house every day. Our pantry and fridge are completely stacked with foods on a regular basis. This includes some unhealthy foods like cookies, cakes, chips, etc. I’m not the kind of person who can have these foods on hand without eating them. I think I have a disorder because if the food is there I have to eat it. I’ve pleaded with my wife not to buy so much food and/or unhealthy food and she will comply for a while but sooner or later our fridge and pantry are back to normal. I’m not trying to balme her but she has the self-control not to over indulge on all these foods while I don’t..

Another part of my diet that is killing me is at the office. I usually get hungry between meals and inevitably much on the crap laying around in other people’s office (doughnuts, M&M’s, cookies, etc.). Again it’s a self-control thing going on in my mind. For some reason I can’t program my mind to stop eating these things. Any tips for some one trying to exercise self-control re-program their mind?

jred2k

So I feel like I do ok in the exercise department but my diet is killing me.

I’m 28 married, have a 11 month old baby, and have an office desk job. My commute is also about an hour and a half each day. For some reason my wife likes to keep tons of food on hand in our house every day. Our pantry and fridge are completely stacked with foods on a regular basis. This includes some unhealthy foods like cookies, cakes, chips, etc. I’m not the kind of person who can have these foods on hand without eating them. I think I have a disorder because if the food is there I have to eat it. I’ve pleaded with my wife not to buy so much food and/or unhealthy food and she will comply for a while but sooner or later our fridge and pantry are back to normal. I’m not trying to balme her but she has the self-control not to over indulge on all these foods while I don’t..

Another part of my diet that is killing me is at the office. I usually get hungry between meals and inevitably much on the crap laying around in other people’s office (doughnuts, M&M’s, cookies, etc.). Again it’s a self-control thing going on in my mind. For some reason I can’t program my mind to stop eating these things. Any tips for some one trying to exercise self-control re-program their mind?

Thats called addiction.

Maybe try doing something to punish yourself before you eat something unhealthy. Like if you are about to eat a doughnuts make yourself do 25 push ups first or something. Try to associate eating crap with an activity that you don't enjoy.

As for home, it might be silly, but you could always try putting locks on the cupboards and making sure that only your wife has and knows where the key is.

Top Bottom