• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

mernst23

Daily weigh ins are killing me and have been absolutely depressing this week.

My calorie deficits over the last week.

Yet somehow i've gained 2 lbs instead of losing 2 this week. I know I shouldn't take much stock into short term fluctuations but i've been stuck in the same 5 lb range over the past 5 weeks now.

Zoe

Yet somehow i've gained 2 lbs instead of losing 2 this week. I know I shouldn't take much stock into short term fluctuations but i've been stuck in the same 5 lb range over the past 5 weeks now.

You had a deficit of over 2000 one day?

You might not be leaving yourself enough for your body to function properly, so it's going to try to hold onto as much as it can.

mernst23

You had a deficit of over 2000 one day?

You might not be leaving yourself enough for your body to function properly, so it's going to try to hold onto as much as it can.

I did 8-9 miles of running/jogging that day. It was an aberration considering I still ate about 2000 calories.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I used to aim for deficits like that. I never lost weight. You are probably screwing yourself with those deficits

I started consistently eating my rmr and cutting back on cardio. It seems to be working slowly.

I know the feeling though. I used to have huge daily deficits and no weight loss for weeks on end. Calories in calories out is not as simple as it seems.

Just wanted to do a update on my progress on my birthday March 7 I started my workout routine I was 304 Ibs at this time. I weighed myself two days a ago and I'm 269 Ibs. Im now half way to my goal of 230 Ibs and I'd like to thank this thread for the advice given to me.

DopeToast

Banned
Been working for 11 weeks, so since April 29th. Started at 300 lbs. and have lost 44.4 pounds. I want to be at 175 by December 23 of this year, although that may be pushing it a bit so if I'm anywhere near 200 I will be happy. I'm the lightest I've been in two years and it feels great, even after only 11 weeks.

If anyone's wondering, I'm mainly just eating a lot less and working out 3-4 days a week. I eat almost the same thing every day, just out of convenience, and I eat around 1400 calories a day, except Friday and usually one other day of the weekend. I don't eat after dinner except fruits or vegetables. I've been cutting back on diet pop, which I've drank a ton of for the last 3 or 4 years. I'm just now starting to run a bit. My workouts so far have mainly been long walks, and lifting. Lots of different exercises too. I'm taking a weight training summer class at a community college, and the instructor is great. He's really helped me with workout plans and form on the specific exercises.

The pictures are at the start, and the second ones are from last Monday at 41 lbs. lost.

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

Mleugie

Neo Member
First one is of me close to a year ago. I was 240
szCN4u6.png

This one my sister took after I got back from the boxing gym. I'm now 170
KinvRucl.jpg

Still got a ways to go though.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Crosspost from Fitness thread, thought I'd share since I'm pretty happy about my progress.

154lbs, June 1st

jbpdKy2J7Dap2s.jpg

142lbs, yesterday

j0knoLsGVjp8L.jpg

Trying to lose 2 more pounds before beginning a clean bulk (in an effort to get to 170lbs).

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
question, you guys that have lost massive weight, did you all have heavy moobs before? as in drop down, hang off moobs?

did they clear up after the weight loss?

You know, I've gone from 350+ to my current of 172.4 and I still have very slight moobs. Almost gone, but not as much as I'd like. I'm hoping they'll go away completely as I get closer to 150.

Chris R

So yea, T-25 is the real deal. Serious work out in a short period of time, little to no experience needed, making me sweat like a hog. Add that into my better diet and cardio on a bike and I better be losing pounds on the scale. Downward trend I know, just like to see negative numbers every single morning after waking up.

DJwest

I figured I'd post another photo update now that it's been a little over a year since i started

205 a year ago
2I3ZC.jpg

140 Today (beardless and still a bit of carotenosis still)
BDbf7Sm.jpg

Still some stubborn lower belly fat that just simply will not go away but other than that I am very happy with the results.
This is ridiculously awesome. Congrats man! Do you mind sharing your routine/strategy ?

Just got back from Vegas. Had some amazing meals at Gordon Ramsay Steak in Paris and Michael Mina at the Bellagio.

I got back last night and I didn't gain a freaking lb!

I'm stoked. Now I am off to Australia for a week. Time to see if I can keep this streak going!

Great pics everyone! So inspirational.

I have been sitting on my last 20 lbs to lose for so long. Lately I have been going to school and working full time and my diet has gone to shit. Sitting at 220 lbs (originally 330), and the only reason I have not gained weight is that I am currently working retail, which means I am very active.

I eat fine when at home, but after/during work the temptation to eat fast food is ridiculous. Plus my employer is constantly showering us with sugary treats at our daily meetings.

Not sure where to go from here.

So I wanna give quest bars a try, since I see you guys talking about them so much.

Wheres the cheapest place to buy them? or is ~$24 the normal price for a 12 pack?

So I wanna give quest bars a try, since I see you guys talking about them so much.

Wheres the cheapest place to buy them? or is ~$24 the normal price for a 12 pack?

That is the lowest I have found as well. I usually just buy them on Amazon, though I don't buy them often because they are kinda expensive.

Trakdown

Hey guys, I primarily lurk (mainly due to lack of free time) but I figured I'd check in here.

About 2 months ago, I graduated with my Associate's degree. After my graduation party, I looked at the pictures and...I wasn't happy. At all. As Patton Oswalt put it, I looked "tragic avalanche fat". I decided to once and for all work on my body so that I didn't have to look that way, feel that way and so that finding clothes that fit was no longer a chore.

I started DDPYoga and have kept on a much, much better diet (basically my meals are a salad + either a cup of Brown Rice/Quinoa mix or a protein, like eggs or buffalo and TONS of water). I feel much better and am starting to slim down. Best of luck to everyone working on this!

Ixian

I picked up one of the White Chocolate Raspberry bars in my last order and wasn't a fan, though I'm not into raspberry in general.

I got some protein bars from Costco today; don't remember how much I paid for them but they worked out to be cheaper than Quest bars so I thought I'd give them a shot. They're not quite as low carb though; it was a variety pack and I think the highest one had 10 grams of net carbs, the lowest had 6 or 7. Still good to mix things up though. :D

sphinx

the piano man
It's been a while since I posted in this thread, It REALLY makes my day to see all the success stories with pics.

I managed to find another pic of my "fatty" era in year 2003 and decided to to a 10 year before/after, I wished I had a pic with no shirt to actually have a good reference but that's all I've got...but I think manboobs and belly are quite visible under the shirt, aren't they?

fatmuscle_zpsb0e8bfbc.jpg

I feel a bit embarrased for flexing, cause I barely have any muscles to show but I felt good with progress so I went for it... I'll have more to show as years go by, forgive for now.

Horseticuffs

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, It REALLY makes my day to see all the success stories with pics.

I managed to find another pic of my "fatty" era in year 2003 and decided to to a 10 year before/after, I wished I had a pic with no shirt to actually have a good reference but that's all I've got...but I think manboobs and belly are quite visible under the shirt, aren't they?

I feel a bit embarrased for flexing, cause I barely have any muscles to show but I felt good with progress so I went for it... I'll have more to show as years go by, forgive for now.

No need for embarrassment, you look great! Congratulations on the progress!

sphinx

the piano man
No need for embarrassment, you look great!
Congratulations on the progress!

Thanks! by the way, your history is quite inspirational :) you have lost a ton over the months! you make everyone proud.

That is pretty amazing. How much in total did you lose?

me?

I was 75 kgs/170 lbs (height = 5'5/1.65 cm) in the pic with shirt, after that year, I was on and off over the years doing simple cardio like jogging.

It was until May/June from last year that I started taking it seriously. At that time I was at my lowest weight, 60 kgs/132 lbs. but I didn't like how I looked so I have been hitting the gym since October to try to get more muscle mass and increase strength.

right now, my weight changes a lot in a single day, it fluctuates in the range 65.5 ~ 69.5 kgs./143~153 lbs... it doesn't help I changed scales just recently and the current one tells me I am acutally lighter than I though.

EDIT: you know, looking at the before/after I think I should try to get the hair from the older pic, I think it would look cool with a beard.

sphinx

the piano man
Great progress Sphinx! Your bravery encouraged me to post some scantily clad pictures as well, cross post from the Fitness thread:

well, I tried to stay on topic by putting two pics that refer to weight loss :-D but actual progress since hitting the gym last year is taking it's sweet long ass time... I have fun learning new exercises and getting better at those I already know but aesthetics is the last thing to manifest itself... and it changes every set of hours

Would Fit-GAF want to give me an estimate my fat-% here? I am thinking around 20%

My new scale tells me the body fat %.

if it's true what it says, the "after" part of my pic shows a guy with 16.7% of bodyfat.... I wished it was less but I am bulking so, can't do much about it.

so yeah around 20% would be yours... I think.It's very hard to guess,

Scales with body fat % are terrible.

If you want cheap, I recommend calipers. Usually within 1-2% correct.

Back from Australia. Had to do 4 days in Vegas and a week in Australia. I have only gained 1-2 lbs.. amazing.

Now back to my diet and swimming workouts!

DopeToast

Banned
If this is a dumb question then go ahead and call me out on it, but how do you post images. I tried to insert images that I had uploaded on Flickr, but they didn't post. Thanks.

Fox1304

If this is a dumb question then go ahead and call me out on it, but how do you post images. I tried to insert images that I had uploaded on Flickr, but they didn't post. Thanks.

Copy the BBC code on the share menu in Flickr, and paste it directly as text here.

The thing to copy/paste looks like this :

Code:
[ur l=http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxtom1304/9344249533/][im g]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7320/9344249533_49aab2cf82_c.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxtom1304/9344249533/]image[/url] par [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/foxtom1304/]fox1304[/url], sur Flickr

357x296px-LL-877fd27f_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Awesome job broskin!

I still don't have much to show for, I'm still in my bulking phase which will end up around the time of December then I'll start cutting.

But that's absolutely awesome!

DopeToast

Banned
Copy the BBC code on the share menu in Flickr, and paste it directly as text here.

The thing to copy/paste looks like this :

Code:
[ur l=http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxtom1304/9344249533/][im g]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7320/9344249533_49aab2cf82_c.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxtom1304/9344249533/]image[/url] par [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/foxtom1304/]fox1304[/url], sur Flickr

Hey. Thanks.

bro1

Banned
Late 2009:

Last week:

Mind you, I've been super sick recently with UC. Hoping to get better soon and back to getting is shape. Prednisone is awful for weight loss and muscle gain.

This is ridiculously awesome. Congrats man! Do you mind sharing your routine/strategy ?

I haven't checked this thread for bit. Thank you for the compliment. It's always nice to get some positive feedback because it's hard to look at yourself and accurately gauge improvement, at least for me.

I don't do a lot of specific calorie counting or other exact dietary measurements. I avoid carbs to a degree, I mainly eat vegetables, berries, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, chicken, venison and fish. I run 3-4 miles, 4-6 days a week. I've gained 3 or 4 pounds since that last picture, which doesn't surprise me since I've gotten a little relaxed with the food I've been eating. I need to buckle back down. The one thing I've been neglecting is weight training and admittedly, it's only out of laziness.

DopeToast

Banned
Here are some progress pictures. I was going to wait until I hit my goal or at least get half way there, but I'm almost to 50 pounds lost and I couldn't wait any longer. It's been 13 weeks and one day exactly since I weighed 300 pounds, and through a lot less eating and some weight lifting and little bit of cardio, I've been able to lose 47.8 pounds. It feels pretty good. I'd like to be below 200 by Christmas, and now I actually think I'll hit that goal. The first set of pics is at 300 pounds on April 29th, and the others are 252.2 this morning, July 23.

MG310

I'm down from 337 to 261.4 as of last week - over the course of a few years. I've been having some trouble maintaining my workout habits so I started doing this so I would have to look at it if I didn't.

DSCN3320.jpg

Red lines/text underneath are for Cardio - 20 minutes of intervals on my recumbent bike - 30 seconds off, 1 minute on. The text is calories burned/miles. Blue lines are DDP Yoga workouts and which ones I do. Usually it's Fat Burner or Energy and/or Red Hot Core. Want to get to the point where I'm consistently doing cardio 5x a week and DDPYoga 3x a week.

Crosspost from Fitness thread, thought I'd share since I'm pretty happy about my progress.

154lbs, June 1st

jbpdKy2J7Dap2s.jpg

142lbs, yesterday

j0knoLsGVjp8L.jpg

Trying to lose 2 more pounds before beginning a clean bulk (in an effort to get to 170lbs).

That is awesome man, what is your cutting plan like?, i'd really appreciate if you'd be kind enough to share...

Szu

Well, I was cleaning up my room when I found a portfolio of some old pics of me. I think these were taken in 1999.

This was about a year after I joined the gym. I joined my first gym weighing about 235-240 lbs. I think that I weighed about 225-230 lbs in these pics.

3x1QOfG.jpg

tPkw1N8.jpg

Jp9NK0N.jpg

tzjtQ7g.jpg

For comparison, this pic was taken two weeks ago. My current weight is about 179-182 lbs.
p70RqHR.jpg

And I took this one about two hours ago, just for shits and giggles.
8OLxNTv.jpg

I almost don't recognize myself.

Horseticuffs

All these great pics and updates lately have inspired me to go ahead and post an update with updated pics.

December 2010 350+ lbs
HudoGYA.jpg
April 2013 Around 190 lbs
pEHEfKa.jpg
December 2012 224 lbs.

vpoIrUW.jpg
February 2013 about 210 lbs

kLYIPxq.jpg
Tonight at 171.2 lbs. Don't mind my kids drawings and shit all over the walls. I ain't got no shame, dawg.

I had a RD I work with do the math and she says my ideal weight is 149 for my height so that's my new goal. I've had some tremendous luck with my exercise of late. I finally hit a threshold where I could do real, honest pushups so I've got an app on my tablet that helps me with pushup training and even after two weeks I've seen a marked improvement. At first I could only do 5 before just dying, now I'm doing sets of 7,6,4,5,5 at least once a day! I'm really excited. It takes almost no time out of my day and makes me feel so great!

I've also availed myself of a new feature on Runtastic, which is interval training. Again, with my weight to a level I feel comfortable running at, I've found I can run for a minute straight now and it's just a glorious feeling! I'm hoping to be able to do this more often as I really liked it.

I've also started doing standing barbell presses and curls. Sure, it's not with much weight but throwing myself into crap and then learning more as I go along is how I learn best.

I've learned from my weight loss that it may take many months to see any visual improvements so I think I've got the patience to work on strength now.

Basically, it's been an awesome time for weightloss and strength building! Seriously, guys, great work. You're all an inspiration!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Mind you, I've been super sick recently with UC. Hoping to get better soon and back to getting is shape. Prednisone is awful for weight loss and muscle gain.

Amazing progress, and huge props for doing it while battling with UC. My wife has got it so I have a feel of how bad it can be. Cortison bloats you crazy. She has been now mostly without symptoms for the last 5 years fortunately - intermittent fasting, pescaterian diet, body pump and a daily dosage of Mesavancol. Your new jaw line looks great.

Well, I was cleaning up my room when I found a portfolio of some old pics of me. I think these were taken in 1999.

(...)

I almost don't recognize myself.

Wow, having only seen your recent pics I didn't realize what a transformation there is behind all that swole, this is without question the most impressive change of form I have seen. It must feel bizarre to have this whole new identity, the old you and the now you. Crazy impressive.

The first set of pics is at 300 pounds on April 29th, and the others are 252.2 this morning, July 23.

Awesome job, 50 pounds in a couple of months is literally fat melting off you. Definitely stick to it!

All these great pics and updates lately have inspired me to go ahead and post an update with updated pics.

I've learned from my weight loss that it may take many months to see any visual improvements so I think I've got the patience to work on strength now.

Man, the recent pics show that your face looks super lean now, and I bet whatever belly has been there is gone now too. I think once you start lifting now your physique is well geared towards a Josh Stone style transformation.

Chris R

So I've heard that skipping meals is a bad idea due to the tendency to overeat the next meal after the skipped one. Is that the only reason people are down on it? Because I've been "skipping" lunch, having just two snacks of almonds at work instead (so not IF by any means) and haven't had the urge to overeat at dinner yet... Making it really easy to stick to my daily calorie goal as well, just having a slightly larger breakfast than before, same dinner size.

harSon

Banned
I think I'm addicted to diets. I'm not addicted to the proccess of losing weight, but the proccess of trying new diets like Low-Carb, Paleo, Intermittent Fasting, Clean Bulking, etc. I don't know how to explain it, but physically and subconsciously, I feel best when I'm enduring an extremely strict dietary plan. It's not too alarming considering the end result is healthy eating, but it's definitely an addiction/disorder at this point. I literally can't bring myself to enter the effortless maintenance phase of my weight loss journey. It just doesn't feel right considering the dedication I've put in over the last 3-4 years.

Anyone else feel like this?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This intermittent fasting stuff is magic, losign weight like crazy.

though I haven't taken a shit in 4 days though.

I've been doing 2 24 hour fasts a week for 3 weeks now while doing T-25 workouts and haven't lost a pound. I wonder if the T-25 is giving me a bit of muscle though.

Everyone always says fasting does wonders, but I haven't noticed anything yet. What's your schedule?

Zep

Banned
I think I'm addicted to diets. I'm not addicted to the proccess of losing weight, but the proccess of trying new diets like Low-Carb, Paleo, Intermittent Fasting, Clean Bulking, etc. I don't know how to explain it, but physically and subconsciously, I feel best when I'm enduring an extremely strict dietary plan. It's not too alarming considering the end result is healthy eating, but it's definitely an addiction/disorder at this point. I literally can't bring myself to enter the effortless maintenance phase of my weight loss journey. It just doesn't feel right considering the dedication I've put in over the last 3-4 years.

Anyone else feel like this?

Same here. And I appreciate it even more after having days where I eat like a (previous) fatass.

Addnan

Going shopping for clothes after losing a big chunk of weight is a great feeling. I've been a little short on money and stuck at home for the most and so have been wearing my old stuff and until today had not really realised just how big they were. Anyway bought some jeans and they were 32x32, plus they were skinny jeans and still was a little lose around the waist. I could not even dream of squeezing into skinny jeans and a medium T-shirt 6 months ago.

Top Bottom