• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Poigea said:
I kind of agree. I decided to give a week of keto a shot during my rest week of P90X. I noticed that I was not able to keep up with the workouts as well this week, even though they were less strenuous. I do think that it is excellent for cutting body fat and it was nice to try it on my recovery week.

I think I will bump it up to 50-80g a day next week when I start the next phase to see how that goes. I was eating more than that before when I was on the previous phase so we will see what happens.

Even I would strongly encourage 50+ grams of carbs on P90X. That program is intense. I did it last year. Gained lots of muscle, little bit of fat, waist stayed the same. That's sort of what started my obsession on the etiology of fat metabolism, because of P90X didn't do it, I was fucked.

Poigea

teh_pwn said:
Even I would strongly encourage 50+ grams of carbs on P90X. That program is intense. I did it last year. Gained lots of muscle, little bit of fat, waist stayed the same. That's sort of what started my obsession on the etiology of fat metabolism, because of P90X didn't do it, I was fucked.

Thanks for the advice. I was noticing the same things you say. After the first phase of P90X I was starting to see some muscle I thought, but my weight and body fat percentage were staying level. To be honest I was a little disappointed. After 6 days of keto I am down 6.5 pounds and 2.2% body fay, it just kind of amazed me.

I am gonna stick with P90X for the rest of the 90 days in hopes to build muscle and I will plan on consuming 50+g of carbs a day from now on, thanks! I wouldn't mind gaining weight if it was muscle and my body fat stayed level or decreased.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Can someone explain to me why all the Atkins bars say "Only 1-3g of net carbs" when the Nutrition Label on the back says otherwise? I always check these bars and they'll have something like "Total Carbs 22g, Sugar Alcohol 10g". Isn't that equal to 12g of net carbs, not 1, 2 or 3g?

teh_pwn

Domino Theory said:
Can someone explain to me why all the Atkins bars say "Only 1-3g of net carbs" when the Nutrition Label on the back says otherwise? I always check these bars and they'll have something like "Total Carbs 22g, Sugar Alcohol 10g". Isn't that equal to 12g of net carbs, not 1, 2 or 3g?

I would consider it 12g, and add that the sugar alcohol irritates the digestive system.

I agree with subtracting fiber, but sugar alcohol not so much.

I've been on low carb induction for a little over three weeks now and i'm getting bored of the food choices.

I find myself skipping breakfast cause eggs/meat have no appeal to me when I wake up.

Wondering if I should just look for new recipes or just add a few more carbs to my daily allowance.

I'm just hesitant to leave induction, as i'm about 20 pounds away from my goal weight and I dont want the loss to slow to a crawl.

ep85

Vigilant Walrus said:
I'm doing okay with the Ice Coffee. That's actually working, and it takes the edge off when I really feel like some sweets.
I don't know how to brew cold coffee though. Do I really need to buy a seperete cold-brewing-device-magica?
What I do now, is that I take the hot coffee in a strong pot(not instant) and I put it in the fridge for a day, and then I just mix it with 50% skim milk and sweetner, vanilla and 4-6 ice cubs. It tates good, but I don't know what its really like to taste like.
I've never had professional "Ice Coffee" as we dont have Starbucks most places in Scandinavia, or in our coffee shops. We do have Nescafe Ice Coffee, but thats instant and has calories and sugar in it! gahhh...
Im making a hot pot of coffee with a french press. Are others doing this too?

Since you have a french press, all you need to do is to put your grinds in with room temp water then place the french press in the fridge overnight. This will reduce the bitterness from the oils that are extracted when you make coffee the hot way. You can even make ice cubes with the cold brew method and just pop them into milk.

But yeah, cold brew is the way to go with iced coffee.

fixuis

Just had my first workout after I started my weight loss diet. I chose early morning, though some people say it's better to workout in early afternoon, will try that. Feels good man. Really good. Took a nice cold shower after it. Having some eggs with a slice or two of brown bread with breakfast. Some tomato soup with brown bread for lunch and some Thai soup for dinner and maybe substitute homemade mice meat curry with brown bread for lunch or dinner tomorrow. Throw in some veggies in the mix.

Did 30 mins cardio for about 100 calories and 15 mins weight training upper and lower body. Plan to do card several times a day. Good start. Did some googling and found out that mostly it's great if you're burning 300-500 calories per workout. I'm not quite there but since this was my first time and given how long it's been since I worked out I'm happy with starting slow. I was literally soaked after the work out. Chose to do weights first then hit the cardio. Weights only once a day though, but cardio maybe thrice or twice daily.

fixuis said:
Just had my first workout after I started my weight loss diet. I chose early morning, though some people say it's better to workout in early afternoon, will try that. Feels good man. Really good. Took a nice cold shower after it. Having some eggs with a slice or two of brown bread with breakfast. Some tomato soup with brown bread for lunch and some Thai soup for dinner and maybe substitute homemade mice meat curry with brown bread for lunch or dinner tomorrow. Throw in some veggies in the mix.

Did 30 mins cardio for about 100 calories and 15 mins weight training upper and lower body. Plan to do card several times a day. Good start. Did some googling and found out that mostly it's great if you're burning 300-500 calories per workout. I'm not quite there but since this was my first time and given how long it's been since I worked out I'm happy with starting slow. I was literally soaked after the work out. Chose to do weights first then hit the cardio. Weights only once a day though, but cardio maybe thrice or twice daily.

Early morning is great and better on an empty stomach. I don't see the point in doing cardio three times a day, just do it longer once a day

fixuis said:

24x0094.jpg

I just started my diet/weight loss plan 3 weeks ago, at first it was just one subway sandwich and 2-3 miles of walking everyday, that dropped me from a 285 to a 278 then i visited a doctor for weight loss help and he recommended Special K with Skim Plus Milk in the morning, no lunch (Ramadan) and i end it off with Chicken Cutlet with Steamed Broccoli (sometimes).. on other days its a subway sandwich lol

Started at 285
Now at 269

BUT i don't see further weight loss.. and the scale is useless in my apt because of the flooring.. it isn't even & straight so it spits out different numbers when i place it around.. any help?

Srsly

Banned
fixuis said:

Wow, that diet sounds horrible. Are you only getting protein from the eggs?

mercenar1e said:
I just started my diet/weight loss plan 3 weeks ago, at first it was just one subway sandwich and 2-3 miles of walking everyday, that dropped me from a 285 to a 278 then i visited a doctor for weight loss help and he recommended Special K with Skim Plus Milk in the morning, no lunch (Ramadan) and i end it off with Chicken Cutlet with Steamed Broccoli (sometimes).. on other days its a subway sandwich lol

Started at 285
Now at 269

BUT i don't see further weight loss.. and the scale is useless in my apt because of the flooring.. it isn't even & straight so it spits out different numbers when i place it around.. any help?
Don't starve yourself!

mercenar1e said:

Started at 285
Now at 269

I started around the same weight as yours (281.4), my 3rd week weight in is tomorrow. But that diet wow, I would never be able to do it.

My diet these days is (on Weight Watchers program):
Weekdays:
Grapes in the morning (around 10-11am, no breakfast)
2 Eggs + 2 slices of bread toast or 6-inch Subway Sandwhich for Lunch (might get Baked chips with Sandwhich). Might do a ready to eat Weight Watchers lunch if too. But, good filling lunch.
Grapes in the afternoon
Evening - might enjoy another Egg or 2 with 2 slices of bread toast if I already didn't do so during Lunch. Might add a Bocca Vegie Patty or Vegan Chikin Patty to sandwhich.
Dinner - 1-2 Chicken Breasts with Onions, Tomatoes and Salad.

Might also help myself to a couple of Cucumbers, 2-3 Carrots, 1-2 Apple during the day.

Weekends:
Usually the same, but since I am at home, having Egg + toast for breakfast is possible.

I was at 271.2 after two weeks.

KJTB

Height: 5'10
Starting weight: 189 pounds
Current weight: 167 pounds

Started sometime in June.

I figured that I'd share my weight loss story with you guys and hopefully help out some people who are struggling with losing weight :)

Towards the beginning of the summer I broke up with my girlfriend of over a year. While I was with her I didn't really care about what I looked like because I figured that at the end of the day she'd still like me and it didn't really matter. After breaking up with her, I saw myself in the mirror after taking a shower and I was disgusted with what I saw. I had always been overweight, even hit stage one obesity in my junior year of high school (5'9 210 pounds), and because of that I've had body image issues that have haunted me my entire life. Now that I didn't have my girlfriend to hide behind, I swore that it was time to get off my ass and get into shape.

I started running every day and watching what I ate. I've cut out all junk food (except for when I'm high or drunk... sometimes it's just too hard to say no :lol ) and all soda. I also try to avoid carbs but I feel as though a no carb diet is just impossible to maintain. Over the course of a few weeks I upped the distance that I was running to around five miles a day and maintained about 1500 calories consumed per day. Of course it fluctuates but I really try to keep the calories to nothing higher than 1800 and nothing lower than 1000. I could almost see the fat disappear before my eyes and since the beginning of my work out obsession I've lost over 20 pounds, 2 pant sizes (when I wear my older pants I have to go 5 notches into my belt :D), and gone from a medium to small shirt size. Losing weight has helped with my self body issues and my confidence is on a totally different level than what it used to be.

Now that school has started I've stopped doing the five miles a day thing and switched to weight training and interval training combined with cardio. My current workout is such:

Monday) Upper body/ abs/ 30 minutes on the bike machine post lifting

Tuesday) Interval training doing sprints around my universities track. 30 minutes on the bike machine and then a 2 mile run (if i'm up for it haha)

Wednesday) Lower body/abs

Thursday) same as Tuesday

Friday) Same as monday

Saturday) same as Tuesday

Sunday) rest day.

Once I reach the fat loss that I desire I'm going to try to start bulking up a bit. I have pretty large arms and legs (I played football in high school) but I do want some more definition and I want that seemingly impossible to achieve six pack.

I hope my story helps or at least encourages people who are struggling with losing weight. I'm not finished yet and this definitely is a life style change. To those who are thinking of giving up, don't, getting in shape is completely worth the effort!

If you have any questions or anything just PM me!

Before/ after pictures

Before: I'm the one with the purple tie. We were a band at a friends wedding, hence the different color ties and stuff haha.
Beforepicture.jpg

You can't really tell how overweight I am in this picture because of my dark clothing and most of my fat was/is in my stomach area. I'd post another but I deleted a lot of old pictures of myself.

After: This is around 171/172 pounds so I'm a bit skinnier now than I was in this picture but this is the most recent picture of me that I could find. This is me and my sister hiking in yosemite :D

Afterpicture.jpg

Maybe once I hit my next fat loss milestone (160 pounds) I'll update with another pic :D

cartoon_soldier said:
I started around the same weight as yours (281.4), my 3rd week weight in is tomorrow. But that diet wow, I would never be able to do it.

My diet these days is (on Weight Watchers program):
Weekdays:
Grapes in the morning (around 10-11am, no breakfast)
2 Eggs + 2 slices of bread toast or 6-inch Subway Sandwhich for Lunch (might get Baked chips with Sandwhich). Might do a ready to eat Weight Watchers lunch if too. But, good filling lunch.
Grapes in the afternoon
Evening - might enjoy another Egg or 2 with 2 slices of bread toast if I already didn't do so during Lunch. Might add a Bocca Vegie Patty or Vegan Chikin Patty to sandwhich.
Dinner - 1-2 Chicken Breasts with Onions, Tomatoes and Salad.

Might also help myself to a couple of Cucumbers, 2-3 Carrots, 1-2 Apple during the day.

Weekends:
Usually the same, but since I am at home, having Egg + toast for breakfast is possible.

I was at 271.2 after two weeks.

at first it was difficult.. i would wake up and make something late night but after a few days it became easier.. problem is i see no further weight loss as of now, but ill report back in a week

Srsly

Banned
mercenar1e said:
at first it was difficult.. i would wake up and make something late night but after a few days it became easier.. problem is i see no further weight loss as of now, but ill report back in a week

You probably mostly lost water weight from Ramadan. Seriously, dude, your diet is abysmal. Even if you do lose weight, you're going to put it back on immediately once you stop dieting. Eat 30-40 grams of protein (and some fat) in 3-4 hour intervals (when Ramadan is over) and drastically cut back on the carbs.

Props to the people posting pics in here. Really helps keep others motivation up to see actual change. Its easy to lose hope when you can't see or feel the change because its so gradual. But don't lose faith!

KJTB

mercenar1e said:

Started at 285
Now at 269

As much as you want to lose weight as quickly as possible, you need to eat more. Starvation diets never work in the long run. Try to have six meals spread throughout the day without going over 1800 calories and you'll lose fat, speed up your metabolism, and be much healthier.

fixuis

Srsly said:
Wow, that diet sounds horrible. Are you only getting protein from the eggs?

Yeah that's a very good point. I have gout as well so I have to watch my meat intake but I do have some BBQ chicken and beef every other day, as well as home made chicken or minced beef curry, all with brown toast.

fixuis said:
Yeah that's a very good point. I have gout as well so I have to watch my meat intake but I do have some BBQ chicken and beef every other day, as well as home made chicken or minced beef curry, all with brown toast.
What's with all the brown toast? Cut that out and get some good calories from eggs or something.

kruskev

Dipindots said:
As much as you want to lose weight as quickly as possible, you need to eat more. Starvation diets never work in the long run. Try to have six meals spread throughout the day without going over 1800 calories and you'll lose fat, speed up your metabolism, and be much healthier.

There is really no need to eat 6 meals a day spread out evenly. I am pretty sure there are articles debunking the myth of how eating small portions every 2 hours does absolutely nothing for fat loss. Not only is it difficult to constantly try to eat every couple of hours, there is no difference to justing eating at normal intervals.

kruskev said:
There is really no need to eat 6 meals a day spread out evenly. I am pretty sure there are articles debunking the myth of how eating small portions every 2 hours does absolutely nothing for fat loss. Not only is it difficult to constantly try to eat every couple of hours, there is no difference to justing eating at normal intervals.

It probably doesn't do that much if you eat the same amount of calories. But it does help with you getting less hungry. If I am hungrier I am likely to eat a little extra.

Also if you are drinking protein shakes it makes it way easier to eat 6 meals

KJTB

kruskev said:

Source?

Eating 6 meals a day instead of 3 is to speed up your metabolism, that's the main difference. I was under the assumption that it was generally accepted that eating 6 meals a day instead of 3 is better for your metabolism.

Weekly Weigh In:

August 9, 2010: 281.4
August 30, 2010: 269.8

Although I lost weight, last week, I didn't track things as well. Too much Subway with Baked Chips and not enough water throughout the day. I know its up 1.2 pounds over my weekend begins weight in.

Also, uneven eating times and sleep.

Hoping to get things back on track this week.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
valparaiso said:
meh, gaf, say what you will, but i honestly don't see how keto diets can work for non-sedentary people.

We're all different, but some people can adapt to it. I have been very low carb since April and also practice intermittent fasting. I fast 24 hours from 7 pm Thursday until 7 pm Friday. I can run 5 miles on Friday afternoon while still fasting with no difficulty. Now I'm not trying to set any records or anything and I'm not fast, but I don't have any problem with energy. If you told me this I would be able to do this 1 year ago, I would have referred you to the nut house. It is somewhat counterintuitive but it works.

Dipindots said:
Source?

Eating 6 meals a day instead of 3 is to speed up your metabolism, that's the main difference. I was under the assumption that it was generally accepted that eating 6 meals a day instead of 3 is better for your metabolism.
The eating more often thing is one of those myths that everyone thinks is true but has really zero evidence that it is.

Fireye

Starting a low/reduced carb diet today. Aiming at <100g carbs, if possible. Dr Connely's speech combined with stuff I learned from other speeches has convinced me that reducing carbohydrate load is a way to a healthier body (and also reducing my weight). Will be doing resistance lifting 3x a week and hopefully biking 3x a week as well.

While I was reading up on the Paleolithic Diet, I stumbled upon the Omega6 : Omega3 ratios of oils. Being that I don't eat fish (or anything from the sea, if I can avoid it), I'm probably very low on Omega3 fatty acids. To begin to remedy that, I bought some Flaxseed Oil (1:3 Omega6:Omega3 ratio), and am going to start using it on salads for lunch. I looked briefly at the Flaxseed oil caps, but was turned off by the "Take 3, 3 times a day" recommended dosage. Anyone have any recommendations on how to increase my Omega3 intake, while staying on a lower-carb fish free diet? All the Flax uses I see around on the web are aimed around baked goods like muffins and cookies, which obviously don't jive with my carbohydrate decisions.

Srsly

Banned
elrechazao said:
The eating more often thing is one of those myths that everyone thinks is true but has really zero evidence that it is.

Yeah, I don't think it's true for losing weight, but I do think getting protein every 3-4 hours is good for recovery from workouts and maintaining lean mass while cutting fat.

Karak

I have been on low carb for...well since 2001.

I was 320lb and am now 205lb at 6'2. Every single measurement and reading is fabulous. I think I even turned my doc into a believer as everything from cholesterol, BP, fat%, and weight have lowered. My energy is out of this world and unlike most instead of losing long term energy I seem to have it for hours. Running, even when I first started was so easy it was insane. It felt like a new battery had been placed inside me. It has changed my life completely.
Lifting weights, I put on excellent amounts of muscle with it as well, something when I was in a "balanced" diet was much harder.

I will have to dig up old pics as I basically tossed them out as a old life that had nothing to do with me anymore. I will put some up soon.
I feel pretty damn lucky to have found such a diet.

NomarTyme

Fireye said:
Starting a low/reduced carb diet today. Aiming at <100g carbs, if possible. Dr Connely's speech combined with stuff I learned from other speeches has convinced me that reducing carbohydrate load is a way to a healthier body (and also reducing my weight). Will be doing resistance lifting 3x a week and hopefully biking 3x a week as well.

While I was reading up on the Paleolithic Diet, I stumbled upon the Omega6 : Omega3 ratios of oils. Being that I don't eat fish (or anything from the sea, if I can avoid it), I'm probably very low on Omega3 fatty acids. To begin to remedy that, I bought some Flaxseed Oil (1:3 Omega6:Omega3 ratio), and am going to start using it on salads for lunch. I looked briefly at the Flaxseed oil caps, but was turned off by the "Take 3, 3 times a day" recommended dosage. Anyone have any recommendations on how to increase my Omega3 intake, while staying on a lower-carb fish free diet? All the Flax uses I see around on the web are aimed around baked goods like muffins and cookies, which obviously don't jive with my carbohydrate decisions.
I'm taking this fish oil capsules. It very high in DHA, so you'll only take one a day.

Karak

Dipindots said:
Dude that's awesome, congrats!
Thanks. I still remember the day I decided to do it and how it dawned on me that I had always felt pretty good having low carbs but had never done it on purpose.

Its so easy to stay at as well. I mean all of life is give and take, but the energy you have to put out when fat, emotionally, physically, mentally, is just insane compared to watching out and not eating 5 snickers bar's a day and what you get in return.

Ettie

First, I apologize that all I can contribute to this thread are questions. :lol

Second, have a question about beans. I'm reading a label that says total carbs are 21, sugars are 10 and protein is 6. What are the mystery 5 carbs, and do they count?

Congrats to everyone who has made progress. There are some great transformations in this thread.

I know a few people have posted this here or there, but I was wondering if there was another thread or a good source of sample eating regimens. I can tell for the most part what's good to eat and what's not, but I don't know if it's the years at college and the accompanying diet or what but I always feel like I'm at a loss when I go shopping. For those that have found success with weight loss would you mind posting a typical 3 day eating regimen (if you follow one)?

Congrats again.

Ettenra said:

Second, have a question about beans. I'm reading a label that says total carbs are 21, sugars are 10 and protein is 6. What are the mystery 5 carbs, and do they count?

FIBER! And no they don't "count."

Does the label really not list the grams of fiber?

Ettie

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
FIBER! And no they don't "count."

Does the label really not list the grams of fiber?

Yes, insert fiber where I have protein. S'what I get for reading the fitness and weight loss threads at the same time!

teh_pwn

Ettenra said:

Second, have a question about beans. I'm reading a label that says total carbs are 21, sugars are 10 and fiber is 6. What are the mystery 5 carbs, and do they count?

That's suspicious, even with the fiber correction in the quotes. List the ingredients of the beans...generally I just look up every ingredient if something doesn't add up. Lots of protein bars for example say they have 0 net carbs, but they have 20+ grams of sugar alcohol. Eventually you learn you're better off eating whole foods.

Edit: The beans I eat have the same mystery carbs. Not sure. But the ingredients look good.

In general I wouldn't get too concerned about the carbohydrates from stuff like beans. It's the sugar/fructose, high GI/GL starches, and flour you want to be concerned about.

Alucard

Banned
Fuck yeah. I've gone from 267 to 255 in 2 months. Slow and steady, but the pounds are coming off. If I can get to the 250 or better mark by the end of September, I'll feel really happy.

Not going to post any pics because the progress is not too noticeable yet. I'll post a pic when I get down to at least 245.

Karak

Ettenra said:

The old story was that they could be removed from your carb count 1 by 1. But that's been proven to be bullshit after a small amount of fiber. Basically The last thing I read was something like up to 10 grams of fiber in one sitting can be removed from carb counts then start counting them as at least .5 carbs each. Beans alone have removed me from weightloss and thats what had caused me to check into the studies. Basically if you think there is a magical fix for carbs, there isn't. But there is some flexibility when it comes to fiber.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
I could've sworn I read somewhere that drinking coffee on low carb was okay. Now, pretty much every source I find on this seems to be stating otherwise. Do I seriously have to give up coffee? :(

I turn to you for help weightless gaf. Around three years ago I lost about 70-80 lbs counting calories, cutting sugar and doing heavy cardio (8 mile runs, average 5, 5 days a week)

Since my son came into the world I've put it all back on and then some. I work 6-7 days a week and go to school 4, I work third shift so time is important to me... I'd like to get healthy maybe lose 30-40 lbs and maintain. I just don't have time to devote to an excercise regime, any tips? Thanks!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think I am going to buy a scale today. I think maybe I haven't done much with my weight loss is that I really do not want to admit how much I weigh.

Its like the Ferengi saying "A good lie is easier to believe than the truth." So I really didn't want to notice my weight but now I find myself not being able to wear some of my jeans and i finally had to shop at Casual XL now since shirts in old navy, gap cannot fit me anymore, even the XXL ones.

Fireye

neojubei said:
I think I am going to buy a scale today. I think maybe I haven't done much with my weight loss is that I really do not want to admit how much I weigh.

Its like the Ferengi saying "A good lie is easier to believe than the truth." So I really didn't want to notice my weight but now I find myself not being able to wear some of my jeans and i finally had to shop at Casual XL now since shirts in old navy, gap cannot fit me anymore, even the XXL ones.

The first step towards reconciling the problem is acknowledging that you have a problem.

Getting a good scale is great. If you don't want to bother with recording your weight daily/weekly, you can get scale that have some memory in the unit, that record your weight and show you the difference over time. I would recommend not getting a scale that has the body fat testing stuff, because those are generally considered to be a poor measure of actual bodyfat.

I brought in fruit and donuts for my 11am meeting today, but the meeting got pushed back until 3pm. Now I'm stuck with a dozen donuts on my desk, smelling all sexy and delicious. I'm making do with some Cocoa Roast Almonds, but I must stay strong!

neojubei said:

Try your best, whenever you/if you get your scale to not be obsessed with it. I almost weighed myself everyday until I had my little sister hide it and give it to me at the end of summer. :lol

Start of summer weight: 250 lbs.
Weight right now: 226 lbs! I haven't been this small since my highschool days. XXL shirts are too big for me now, and I'm back to the old XL. It's funny having clothes fit you that did not fit you when you were at your fattest.
Total weight loss: 44 lbs.

I feel great. I feel more active. I'm more willing to do things. Not as lazy as before. I basically cut portions, drank MORE water than I did before. (I never really drank water before and these days I drink about a gallon or close to one a day!) Also added greens. Lots and lots of greens. And of course, I excercised. 5 days a week I'd go up and down the flight of stairs going from a hallway in the house to my basement until I hit a certain number on my Pokewal--Pedometer. I'd also do 50 push ups. It's interesting how my number of push ups was able to increase. I couldn't even do one when I started. Then I did push ups against the steps for a few weeks and went back to normal push ups. To my surprise I was able to do 5 sets of 10. I probably could do more, I should try 5 sets of 15 now. :lol

Goal weight is somewhere in 150-160. Pics? Maybe when I hit Onderland(a weight in the 100s). I can already see the differences in pictures I've taken, and I just wanted to let you guys know -- this THREAD IS A BIG INSPIRATION. You can all do it, I was the laziest of the lazy, and now I'm breaking out of that shell like a young Metapod evolving into a beautiful Butterfree, except I'm a male Butterfree so this analogy is kind of creepy. :lol

ccbfan

Posted this like a few days ago and never got a reply.

I've currently started to go on a diet about a month ago.

I was like 6 feet weighing like 190.

I'm about 175 now. My goal is 160, pretty much in the middle of the BMI scale for normal. So I'm halfway there.

I'm not doing any special diet just cutting my portions by to 75 percent I eat the same stuff as I've always eaten. I can't give up carbs for pasta, white bread, potatoes and rice are some of my favorite foods. Plus I have a sweet tooth.

I'm also going to the gym a lot more, 5 days a week. I run/elliptical like 5-6 miles and do weights and abs for like 30-40 minutes. I also try to do sit ups at night before I head to bed. I definitely notice some results from this. My arms are getting bigger and my stomach and chest harder. Still can't seem to get rid of a little man boob and my lower abs are still kinda soft.

I've kinda hit a wall though. I used to be losing like 3-4 pounds a week and it slowing down quite a bit. I'm doing the same thing as before and even working out a bit more adding more weights to my rotations. And of course the issues with the bit of man boob and soft lower ab.

Anyway advice to remedy this situation?

Top Bottom