• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

sundrenched

Neo Member
Hey gaf, just did some shopping in the supermarket near my hostel and damn the healthy foods are freaking expensive! Nuts are 5 bucks per 100g, cheese is a bit better at 6 bucks for 400g but the real killers are the fruits. For some reason the shop only sells organic fruits so blueberries are 6 bucks and raspberries are 10 bucks for a miserably small packets. At this rate the only fruits I can afford to eat are apples! No more money for games anymore...

This might sound miserly but for a student who can buy a plate of white rice and assorted oily veg/meat for 3 bucks these prices are really expensive. Not to mention my hostel kitchen is so shady I might have to buy my own pan, chopping board and knife!

SmokeMaxX said:
Eh, you sure? I eat pretty much low carbs (1 serving a day ish according to the P90X diet), but they also say get two servings of Dairy and drink a protein shake. Dairy = carbs and protein shake is much better with milk.
You can get dairy that has no sugar, such as cheese. Dairy does not equal milk necessarily.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
With the no carb diet whats the ideal amount, its almost impossible to get 0 so what should people be aiming at and is it weight dependant?

Under 100 is generally "low carb". Under 50 is generally ketogenic low carb. Personally I try to stay generally under 30. ymmv

Went to my doctor today and asked in regards to my weight loss, what kind of exercise i'm doing. I told him I lift weights 5 days a week and he says "I want you to do 30 minutes of cardio, because, no offense, lazy people can lift weights"

Da fuck?

betweenthewheels said:
Went to my doctor today and asked in regards to my weight loss, what kind of exercise i'm doing. I told him I lift weights 5 days a week and he says "I want you to do 30 minutes of cardio, because, no offense, lazy people can lift weights"

Da fuck?

Well, he i don't know why he would think lazy people life weights(or why he would even say that to a patient) but cardio is better for losing weight, right?

Akim

Banned
BrassMonkey1010 said:
Well, he i don't know why he would think lazy people life weights(or why he would even say that to a patient) but cardio is better for losing weight, right?

oh god no

Lifting with a mix of cardio is the best way to lose weight.

Zoe

betweenthewheels said:

Da fuck?

Well, it depends on the quality of your weight lifting. Lots of people sit down at those weight machines, put on a minimal amount of weight, and think that it will actually amount to something.

ch0mp

SmokeMaxX said:
Eh, you sure? I eat pretty much low carbs (1 serving a day ish according to the P90X diet), but they also say get two servings of Dairy and drink a protein shake. Dairy = carbs and protein shake is much better with milk.

EDIT: Not directly related to carb intake, but for fat loss:

From http://www.whymilk.com/healthy_weight_article/milk_burn_fat

Which makes sense since babies have a high amount of fat that needs to be burned off.

Pure cream, cheese, cream cheese. There is plenty of dairy with little to no carbs. Anything but milk. Coconut milk works well in shakes I find.

Shaneus

Shorty said:
I recently read an interesting article on how weight loss and sleep are interconnected.
http://www.abnehm1mal1.de/abnehmen-im-schlaf.php (It's in German, but I know there are some German speaking folks in here)
It's interesting because it confirms something I have always suspected: If you don't sleep enough, you'll be hungry all day. It's got something to do with hormones affecting your hunger being produced differently. Look up Ghrelin and Leptin.
So what I do now is to make sure I get enough sleep and voila. I don't eat as much anymore.
You should check out the melatonin thread as well. Shit's put me in a regular sleep pattern like nothing else, getting around 8-8.5hrs a night, nowhere near as hungry as I used to be (and basically zero cravings for anything carby/sugary as well).

chicko1983 said:
So all of my sisters and mum want to know about low carb diet, they can see the huge improvement with my weight. They have been fad dieters all their life and so are jealous of the weight loss I have experienced considering this is the first real diet I have been on.

They have some questions/queries however:

1. They think they need to drink milk to get calcium. I am taking supplements and vitamin D3 but they want a natural source and think milk is the best way to get it. What are some other sources but not high in carbs? Cutting out milk was one of the triggers to my weight loss I reckon (cause of the amount of coffee lattes I was drinking).

2. they think eating an egg a day is bad for you. I have been eating 1 egg with bacon and tomato and mushroom for breakfast. Then a salad wholemeal roll for lunch. Then a steak or chicken with no sides for dinner. I have also been taking fish oil caplets (4 a day) and have tried to tell them my cholesterol will be fine. They find that hard to believe so I need an answer for them.

I dont think they will adopt the diet however, once I told them that milk, bread, and fruit were out for me they thought they would be starving. Funnily enough, my sweet cravings are pretty much gone and I eat only three meals a day.

There's plenty of calcium in leafy greens, like spinach, kale, chard, etc. Eat those if you don't want milk. Hell, eat them anyway. They're great for you and low in carbs.

Some people will never let go of the anti-egg propaganda, but if they're openminded, direct them to this recent study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18679412

RESULTS: After 8 weeks, in comparison to the BD group, the ED (egg diet) group showed a 61% greater reduction in BMI (-0.95+/-0.82 vs -0.59+/-0.85, P<0.05), a 65% greater weight loss (-2.63+/-2.33 vs -1.59+/-2.38 kg, P<0.05), a 34% greater reduction in waist circumference (P<0.06) and a 16% greater reduction in percent body fat (P=not significant). No significant differences between the E and B groups on the aforementioned variables were obtained. Further, total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides, did not differ between the groups.

CONCLUSIONS: The egg breakfast enhances weight loss, when combined with an energy-deficit diet, but does not induce weight loss in a free-living condition. The inclusion of eggs in a weight management program may offer a nutritious supplement to enhance weight loss.

They added two eggs a day and saw no difference in lipid numbers.

And for people interested in fruits on a low-carb diet, berries (all of 'em) are a good option. Blueberries in particular contain compounds that enhance insulin sensitivity in the overweight. I agree that they're expensive, but wild/organic frozen blueberries are quite reasonable at Trader Joe's. Frozen stuff is often frozen immediately after picking, so they can even be more nutritious than standard fresh stuff sitting in a store for days on end.

KJTB

Today I reached my weight loss goal of losing 28 pounds! (to go from 188-160)

Felt so good to step onto the scale and see the 160, it was actually a little overwhelming for me... I had to fight back tears of happiness in the gym haha. All of my memories of kids calling me fat (I was overweight but not an elephant, kids can be so mean :/) and doctors telling me how overweight I was all rushed back to me. I started thinking about how hard I worked over this summer and for once in my life I can actually say that I'm proud of something that I've done. I'm looking forward to my next doctor appointment and having my doctor who ruined my body image and self esteem by telling me that I was obese (I don't blame him, technically I was but the way he told me just totally crushed me) tell me that I'm totally normal for my height and in good shape :). I think at my last doctors appointment I was 195-200 pounds so it will be all the sweeter.

Now i'm going to focus on maintenance and planning on bulking a little bit. Even though I've hit my goal I'm still not completely satisfied with my body (I'll probably never be but whatever).

Just wanted to say I tried a low carb diet recently for 3 months and...well, it didn't work for me. So, while I'm happy for all the people it does work for, it does not work for everyone.

ArachosiA 78 said:
Just wanted to say I tried a low carb diet recently for 3 months and...well, it didn't work for me. So, while I'm happy for all the people it does work for, it does not work for everyone.

You didn't lose any weight? Perhaps you weren't doing it correctly?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
SmokeMaxX said:
Eh, one serving of fruit a day isn't anything close to bad for you. With all the nutrients in it, I think you miss out more by taking out the fruit from the diet. From a "no carb standpoint" then sure, take out all fruit. However, in terms of weight loss, one fruit isn't gonna do much. Just exercise it off.

A lot of fruit is good, but it's not the best source of vitamins and nutrients. Fresh green vegetables, herbs/spices, and grass fed meat are.

teh_pwn

Price Dalton said:
And for people interested in fruits on a low-carb diet, berries (all of 'em) are a good option. Blueberries in particular contain compounds that enhance insulin sensitivity in the overweight. I agree that they're expensive, but wild/organic frozen blueberries are quite reasonable at Trader Joe's. Frozen stuff is often frozen immediately after picking, so they can even be more nutritious than standard fresh stuff sitting in a store for days on end.

I spend the extra money on the wild tiny berries. You can tell they're more nutritious both because the flavor is much stronger, and because for about 5 minutes after eating it looks like your teeth is covered in blue/purple blood. So much fruit in the supermarket has been bred to be sugar bags compared to the original wild fruit.

ArachosiA 78 said:

We may be able to help you out. List:
1. What you eat on a daily basis.
2. How much sleep you get per night. Is it contiguous, in a dark environment.
3. How much direct sunlight you get? If your skin is dark and you live in England, then you need to supplement vitamin D3. Or if you're a typical person with a native skin pigmentation but stay indoors and wear clothes you may benefit from supplementation.
4. What kind of exercise do you do, how often?

Low carb is a generalization. You could be eating soy protein bars with sugar alcohol, or a grass fed steak with herbs/spices and some mixed vegetables. I mean both are low carb while one is destructive towards health and the other is very good for you.

YagizY

ArachosiA 78 said:

I think he means that he probably wasn't able to keep it off. That's my problem with the low-carb diet. I've probably gone on it half a dozen times for very long periods of time and even though I'm losing weight, eating becomes a joyless activity that I stopped looking forward to. That's sad in my opinion. Not to mention the whole low carb diet just made me crave carbs even more.

I've been on a balanced diet for about 2 weeks now and it's been going great. Been eating things like pasta and breads but in moderation and I am mindful of my portions. I've lost 7 pounds in two weeks so far. I am never going back to low carb dieting because honestly, I can't live the rest of my life on a low carb diet. Nutrition labels are there for a reason, I feel it's more important to look at the whole picture of caloric, saturated fat, fiber, and carbohydrate intake.

grumble

YagizY said:
I think he means that he probably wasn't able to keep it off. That's my problem with the low-carb diet. I've probably gone on it half a dozen times for very long periods of time and even though I'm losing weight, eating becomes a joyless activity that I stopped looking forward to. That's sad in my opinion. Not to mention the whole low carb diet just made me crave carbs even more.

I've been on a balanced diet for about 2 weeks now and it's been going great. Been eating things like pasta and breads but in moderation and I am mindful of my portions. I've lost 7 pounds in two weeks so far. I am never going back to low carb dieting because honestly, I can't live the rest of my life on a low carb diet. Nutrition labels are there for a reason, I feel it's more important to look at the whole picture of caloric, saturated fat, fiber, and carbohydrate intake.

That's similar to my view on the topic. Congrats on your weight loss.

KJTB

YagizY said:

Yeah the low carb diet is pretty grueling. Honestly I just try to avoid white bread and if I have an option I'll skip out on the higher carb foods from restaurants and stuff. You only live once and I love food too much to be able to stick to something like a super low carb diet. I just love pizza, pasta, and all those other delicious foods way too much. It's all about moderation. I still managed to lose weight and hit my goal despite going off my extreme low carb (It was pretty much a no carb diet) and eating quite a bit less healthy than I did over the majority of the summer.

ch0mp

I normally have 4 scrambled with butter for breakfast. Bacon or sausages with them though, otherwise 6 wouldn't be out of the question.

To clarify, I did lose some weight...about 10 lbs. But I felt extremely tired the entire time which made my workouts a major pain in the ass. And of course I craved crabs like mad.

I ate the exact same thing every day...

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 1 oz cheese, 3 sausage links
Meal 2: 4 oz. chicken breast with skin
Meal 3: 1 and 1/2 bratwurst, 1 oz walnuts or almonds
Meal 4: 1 hamburger patty
meal 5: Whey protein shake

It amounted to 2,200 calories or so, if I recall.

I lifted weights but did not do any cardio. Maybe that was my problem, but I honestly don't know how I would have had the energy to do cardio on that diet.

But yeah, since I gave up on that I have been eating a lot of carbs and have gained back all the weight plus another 5 lbs. Ugh...I wonder if my body is more sensitive to carbs now from being deprived of them for so long.

I've had better success with a traditional bodybuilder diet... low fat, moderate carbs, high protein, where a typical meal is like 4 oz of skinless chicken breast, 1 c. of vegetables, and 5 oz of sweet potato. This combined with weight lifting and daily cardio was more effective for me personally. I felt better and had a lot more energy as well.

So, probably starting tomorrow I'm going to go back to that kind of diet, and start doing cardio again along with weight lifting. I've pretty much been stuck at 200-ish lbs for the past decade. At 6' with a decent amount of muscle, I'm not terribly obese or anything...but I can't see my abs...that's for damn sure. Just thought I'd give the low carb thing a shot, but for whatever reason it didn't work for me.

derder

I need help.

This is my first time trying to actually lose weight. I'm trying to slim down and hopefully start running 5k's on a regular basis. This is the heaviest I've ever been.

About 6 weeks ago I was eating:
No breakfast
2x Cheeseburger/Pizza/Fried Chicken/Supersized
Late Night Snack ~500 cal
~3 Sodas a day
~15 beers/week
with no exercise

I was sitting at about 195.

Now for the past 4 weeks I've:
Eaten vegetarian, avoided cheese and all fried foods
1x banana for breakfast
One-a-day vitamin
2x coffees a day
1x Fruit/Salad with fat-free dressing
1x Mediterranean/Asian Dish with tofu
No Snacking
Nothing but water
3 beers a week

I run at least 2 miles a day and do heavy resistance lifting for 30 minutes every other day.

I've only lost about 7 pounds and don't notice any visual difference. I'm finally able to catch a second wind while running, but that's about it. I tried running with my roommate who just swore in for the seals and I can keep up with him for about a mile.

I really can't devote more than an hour a day to exercise and don't have time to cook my own meals. Please don't lecture me about time management. I'm working 25 hours a week and taking 15 hours of senior engineering classes. I literally will not have free time until mid December. I usually grab something from the grocery store on the way from class to work and vice versa. I run to the gym and work out or just run about ~2 miles around the neighborhood. I get 7 hours of sleep.

What should I change to lose weight faster? I feel like i've done a complete 180 in terms of weight management and am not seeing the results I expected.

NomarTyme

derder said:
1x banana for breakfast
One-a-day vitamin
2x coffees a day
No Snacking
Nothing but water
3 beers a week

I run at least 2 miles a day and do heavy resistance lifting for 30 minutes every other day.
Wow, you must be hungry and tired everyday.

I would suggest the low carb diets. Also just got to the gym three times a week. Heavy lifting for two days(not consecutive) and Cardio for the 3rd day.

derder,

you're making a very common mistake of essentially starving yourself. You got to eat a lot more than that if you want to have any chance of losing weight. It seems counter-intuitive, but you gotta eat to lose weight.

Personally, I would suggest lean protein with every meal. 5-6 small meals a day. Stay away from refined carbs at all costs. Make sure your carbs are fibrous (green vegetables) or complex (yams, brown rice, oatmeal etc) and keep them fairly low. 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat is what Iw ould suggest starting with. If you don't lose any fat, lower the carbs by 5% intervals while simultaneously raising fat by 5% intervals until results start occurring.

Running is good for cardio...just make sure you throw in some weight lifting sessions at least 3 days a week.

This is just my personal advice, of course. I'm sure many people would disagree with it.

smurfx

get some go again
yeah you shouldn't starve yourself if you go on a diet. you are pretty much only eating one full meal a day. a lot of people make that mistake when they start a diet and then completely blow their diet because of it.

KJTB

derder said:
I need help.

This is my first time trying to actually lose weight. I'm trying to slim down and hopefully start running 5k's on a regular basis. This is the heaviest I've ever been.

About 6 weeks ago I was eating:
No breakfast
2x Cheeseburger/Pizza/Fried Chicken/Supersized
Late Night Snack ~500 cal
~3 Sodas a day
~15 beers/week
with no exercise

I was sitting at about 195.

1x banana for breakfast
One-a-day vitamin
2x coffees a day
No Snacking
Nothing but water
3 beers a week

I've only lost about 7 pounds and don't notice any visual difference. I'm finally able to catch a second wind while running, but that's about it. I tried running with my roommate who just swore in for the seals and I can keep up with him for about a mile.

I really can't devote more than an hour a day to exercise and don't have time to cook my own meals. Please don't lecture me about time management. I'm working 25 hours a week and taking 15 hours of senior engineering classes. I literally will not have free time until mid December. I usually grab something from the grocery store on the way from class to work and vice versa. I run to the gym and work out or just run about ~2 miles around the neighborhood. I get 7 hours of sleep.

What should I change to lose weight faster? I feel like i've done a complete 180 in terms of weight management and am not seeing the results I expected.

Your new diet seems fine but it won't last, that seems horribly boring. You don't have to be afraid of food man, just be smart about it.

About the 7 pounds, it's healthy to lose only about 1-3 pounds a week. Any more and that's a no go given your weight. Usually when people post that they've lost 7 pounds in one week they're much worse off than 195 pounds or they've simply lost a lot of water weight.

I started off at 188 and I didn't really see a body change until around the 180 pound mark and it was only slight... By the time I dropped to 170 the change was much more drastic.

Eventually that 2 miles will turn into 3 and so on. I started off at 1 mile and hit 5 a day (didn't run this all straight however) by the end of summer.

Not everyone magically burns fat right away, it's a long process and it's a life change dude.

Try to avoid carbs I guess.

derder

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm not really hungry, though. I buy salad by the pound and load it with mushrooms, carrots, etc. The Mediterranean/asian dishes are large portions and I clean the plate. I think i'll try both of your advice and focus more on weightlifting and protein.

I'm doing the vegetarian thing just for shits and giggles. I really have lost all desire to eat meat somehow. Kinda weird. I make sure to take the one-a-day pill for the B-12.

The only thing I have cravings for is beer. I may just be an alcoholic. :lol

DanteFox

this is my first time posting in this thread. I've been losing weight gradually over the last couple of years. started off at 220 (I'm around 5'11") and now I'm floating around 190-191. Last spring I was at 188, which is the lightest I've been since pretty much freshman year of highschool (which doesn't count cuz I was still growing lol). According to my BMI, once I reach around 180 I'll be at a "healthy" weight. I need some good ideas for stuff to eat cuz I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. One question I have is: is it bad to feel "full" at a certain meal even if technically I haven't eaten a ton of calories during that meal? Like sometimes I'll eat a bowl and a half of cereal, and I'll feel pretty bad about it. Is this just something I have to adjust in my thinking? I was under the impression that losing weight = never full. Am I right/wrong?

LaneDS

After losing 50 lbs from summer 2009 to summer 2010, I totally fell off the wagon the last month and have eaten like shit and bounced up to close to 200lb (was 188 and far more muscular). Just posting here as a starting point for me, where I say "fuck you" to my absolutely terrible diet and not exercising.

Going to be under 180 pounds when the year ends. Think I can go lower than that in 2.5 months? I'm 198 and 5'8" presently, and I intend to work hard and eat right. Amazing how a terrible diet and lack of exercise can bring on depression... very noticeable change.

LaneDS said:
After losing 50 lbs from summer 2009 to summer 2010, I totally fell off the wagon the last month and have eaten like shit and bounced up to close to 200lb (was 188 and far more muscular). Just posting here as a starting point for me, where I say "fuck you" to my absolutely terrible diet and not exercising.

Going to be under 180 pounds when the year ends. Think I can go lower than that in 2.5 months? I'm 198 and 5'8" presently, and I intend to work hard and eat right. Amazing how a terrible diet and lack of exercise can bring on depression... very noticeable change.

Yeah, I'm right there with ya, bud. Was doing well for a while, but have been eating garbage and not exercising for 3 straight weeks now. I've been feeling pretty bad about myself as a result. It's so hard to get back on track once you're off of it, but I am vowing to start anew tomorrow...

jfoul

Update:

Three months in and Ive gone from (6'2) 285 to 240. Weight loss was pretty drastic at first but I'm losing weight at a normal rate of 1-2 lbs a week now. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and do 4 miles on an Elliptical(7/8mph average@lvl 10 resistance), 30 minutes of weight training and finish off with 1/2 a mile on a cross trainer daily.

Meals

Breakfast: Oats(Natural, unsweetened) mixed with Skim Low Fat Milk, Banana and Almonds. Side of 1 egg and daily vitamins.

Snack: Fruit or Natural Yogurt.

Lunch: Apple, Brown Rice mixed with Tuna or Salmon.

Snack: Fruit or Natural Yogurt.

Dinner: Chicken Breast, steamed mixed veggies, steamed broccoli, brown rice and 1 egg.

Overall its going well and I should be at my target weight of 210-220 soon enough.

I don't understand how low carb is some sort of miserable existence.
For breakfast I normally eat eggs (fried, scrambled, omelet) and bacon (all cooked in coconut oil).
For lunch I have a big salad with all sorts of veg and usually some beef or chicken.
I'll have a serving of fruit in the afternoon if I'm hungry.
For dinner there's a huge combination of meat/chicken/fish and vegetables (covered in butter).

I'm salivating at the deliciousness of it all.

June 28 2010:
egyaue.jpg

109.2kg (240.24lbs)

October 12 2010:
8vs101.jpg

91.0kg (200.2lbs)

I'm around 5'9, my target is around 75kg (165lbs).

Achieved it so far by eating a lot of carbs (museli for breakfast, lots of pasta and curry with rice on the side) and cheating twice a week by eating something horrible like a pizza. Then I play our DDR machine for at least an hour a day.

Worked for me so far, and the diet has been very easy seeing as all I've basically done is cut out horrible junk food and stopped eating when I don't really need to. Given that I'm not really on any sort of a fat burning diet I guess that DDR is simply amazing for burning calories, it's fun too which helps.

(there aren't any videos of me playing so I had to use one of my housemate's)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
LaneDS said:

So 20 pounds in ~10 weeks. 2 lbs a week at your height and weight is doable, although a little ambitious. But if you gained that much in a month of bad eating, some of it is probably water weight that will drop off quickly once you go back to eating well. Unfortunately for many people it's a lot harder to lose weight this time of year since we're inside more, it gets dark earlier, and holiday eating happens.

With low carb, the only thing I really miss is Cheerios. :lol Not ice cream or french fries.

LaneDS

Guileless said:
So 20 pounds in ~10 weeks. 2 lbs a week at your height and weight is doable, although a little ambitious. But if you gained that much in a month of bad eating, some of it is probably water weight that will drop off quickly once you go back to eating well. Unfortunately for many people it's a lot harder to lose weight this time of year since we're inside more, it gets dark earlier, and holiday eating happens.

With low carb, the only thing I really miss is Cheerios. :lol Not ice cream or french fries.

Hm, my diet has been straight up awful for the last month though, so I'm guessing it's not as much water weight as I'd like. Ate fast food pretty much every day. No good... but yeah, going to try doing the ketonic thing starting today and really work for it.

ArachosiA 78 said:
Yeah, I'm right there with ya, bud. Was doing well for a while, but have been eating garbage and not exercising for 3 straight weeks now. I've been feeling pretty bad about myself as a result. It's so hard to get back on track once you're off of it, but I am vowing to start anew tomorrow...

Right on man... keep that vow! I used this thread to great effect throughout the last year and I'm planning on reading it regularly and posting (less) regularly to help keep me on track. Set some concrete goals in here you can bookmark and then return to at the end of the year or whatever period you set.

teh_pwn

hsukardi said:
I realize two a day is fine.

But seven? That's what I'm asking.

Should be fine. What are you concerned about?

Saturated fat?

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/ajcn.2008.26285v1
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/ajcn.2009.29146v1
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/ajcn.2009.29096v1

Heart disease? Subclass LDL that are small, dense are only correlated with heart disease. Sugar makes your LDL small and dense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SSCNaaDcE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1400040787/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abs...fbf6b2a821cbddf9972e7ddd&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/260/13/1917

With the yolk, and I'll add that it should be from a chicken on a diet that the chicken evolved to eat and live in an environment similar to it's ancestors.

SuperÑ said:
Update. Not a lot of improvement since the last time i posted here in June http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21827685&postcount=1353 (went from 89 to 85), just a little less fat due to a low carb diet and running almost every night for 30-40 mins (~6km) only.

I really hope i can help those standing at the fence at least a third of what you guys helped me with my motivation. Keep the good work! ;)

Before @100kg

Now @85kg

Very nicely done.
Wish I could get abs like those!
:lol

LogicStep

SuperÑ said:
Update. Not a lot of improvement since the last time i posted here in June http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21827685&postcount=1353 (went from 89 to 85), just a little less fat due to a low carb diet and running almost every night for 30-40 mins (~6km) only.

I really hope i can help those standing at the fence at least a third of what you guys helped me with my motivation. Keep the good work! ;)

Before @100kg

[IG]http://imgur.com/JFedK.png[/IMG] [IG]http://imgur.com/V1wH8.png[/IMG]

Now @85kg

[IG]http://imgur.com/Pwxjk.jpg[/IMG] [MG]http://imgur.com/k7nkg.jpg[/IMG]
How tall are you?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First time in this thread but I was motivated to post after noticing that I lost 36 pounds in the last year and a half somehow (I guess Wii Fit was good for keeping records at least).

All I'm really doing is 40 minutes on an elliptical every other day... and I feel like such an idiot because if I had just started doing this ages ago, I might be at a manageable weight by now. It probably helps that I basically now have no sense of shame and can go to a gym without feeling like I'm disgusting all the bodybuilders/hot people in there. :lol

I'm not sure if I'm going to be changing my diet any time soon, but at the moment all I eat is boiled chicken and veggies anyway, so I'm not sure if I can get any more healthier than that without adding a lot of time to meal prep.

firehawk12 said:
I'm not sure if I'm going to be changing my diet any time soon, but at the moment all I eat is boiled chicken and veggies anyway, so I'm not sure if I can get any more healthier than that without adding a lot of time to meal prep.

Do you put anything on the chicken? Sounds nasty

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
My mom got her blood test results back and she's fine except for her Vitamin D levels. She's Vitamin D deficient by A LOT.

They prescribed her 4 softgels, each containing 50,000IU of Vitamin D3 that she has to take once a week. Poor ma. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
betweenthewheels said:
Do you put anything on the chicken? Sounds nasty

Just a pinch of salt into the water for a bit of flavor, then boil a breast for 25-30 minutes and done. I'll add hot sauce or wasabi sometimes if I want a bit of a kick.

Honestly, part of it is the convenience of boiling vs grilling or pan frying but it seem relatively healthy as well. I don't think I could ever go "pro" and eliminate the salt altogether though. I did that once and it tasted like I was eating cardboard. :lol

firehawk12 said:
Just a pinch of salt into the water for a bit of flavor, then boil a breast for 25-30 minutes and done. I'll add hot sauce or wasabi sometimes if I want a bit of a kick.

Honestly, part of it is the convenience of boiling vs grilling or pan frying but it seem relatively healthy as well. I don't think I could ever go "pro" and eliminate the salt altogether though. I did that once and it tasted like I was eating cardboard. :lol

Whatever works for you man. I just don't think I could stomach that, lol.

Top Bottom