• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the 10 unconfirmed/canceled/etc games you wish would have gotten released?

What are the 10 unconfirmed, canceled, etc games you wish would have gotten released?

Games like GTA VI and FFVII Remake Part 3 don't count since they are 100% getting released. Games like Starcraft Ghost, Prototype 3, Infamous 4, Resistance 4 etc counts. Games that are not 100% confirmed to be released like FFIX Remake and Starcraft 3 etc also counts.

With that said, my t0 choices would be in no order besides 9 and 10 since those are constantly changing depending on my mood.

1 Starcraft Ghost - Always wanted a 3D third person game from the Starcraft universe
2 Dawn of War 4 - would really want a epic 40K RTS game again.
3 Resident Evil Outbreak File 3 - The first two Outbreak games were far ahead of it's time. I wish a third game with today's RE Remake mechanic existed.
4 Timesplitters 4 - Timesplitters 3 was underrated and had so much fun with it back then with my friends on 4 player splitscreen plus bots.
5 System Shock 3 - System Shock 2 was one of my favorite horror games of all times. I actually like it more than Dead Space, RLH, and Prey as a SCI-FI horror game set on a spaceship.
6. Dishonored 3 - Dishonored 1 and 2 were really fun and easily my favorite Stealth game so far. Definitely wish a part 3 existed.
7. Final Fantasy IX Remake
8. Half Life 3 - although I think they might be working on it with the Source 2 Alyx Engine but this still counts since it's not a 100% confirmed.
9 Metal Slug 8
10 The Thing 2 - the sequel for the Thing ps2 game got canceled but they got some concept of it.

These are my 10 choices, what about yours?

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
mhbIdVz.jpeg

Probably canceled?

I'm always in for Rockstar games. Would love to see some new stuff.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
StarCraft ghost
Warcraft 4 if it ever got started
Half life 3 probably started and stopped many times.

Wing commander prophecy was fine should have kept the franchise going.

I’m sure there are others out there. Mother 64 always looked cool.

I would love to see some canceled Nintendo stuff.

kevboard

the original Dark Sector concept. which ultimately turned into Warframe of course. while the actual game released as "Dark Sector" was just a Gears clone :pie_invert:

I would have loved to see how a Warframe like game would have worked on PS360 hardware and in that era.
Dark Sector (Warframe) was one of the very first PS3 games that were announced. it was announced before the PS3 was officially announced even I think.

StarCraft ghost
Warcraft 4 if it ever got started
Half life 3 probably started and stopped many times.

Wing commander prophecy was fine should have kept the franchise going.

I’m sure there are others out there. Mother 64 always looked cool.

I would love to see some canceled Nintendo stuff.
I forgot about Warcraft 4, that would definitely be a great choice for me too. Warcraft 3 and it's expansions both got long awesome campaigns and is easily one of my top favorite PC games of all times. So many fun custom games too, footman frenzy, metastasis, Azeroth Wars, Mafia, gem td, elemental td, undead assault etc etc. If they ever do a Warcraft 4, I'll be fine with either a sequel to WoW or even alternate reality story since they introduced that in Warlords of Draenor.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
My number 1 since 2004 was Metroid Dread. Now that that’s real, I don’t know how I’d answer anymore 🤔

Fess

Last Ninja 4
100% nostalgia related, would’ve probably been shit but I would’ve enjoyed playing it anyway 🥹

And I might get an early demo through the The Last Ninja Collection that’s 1500% funded on Kickstarter now!

Jesb

RE 4 hookman version. It was oldschool RE again. RE4 that we got was probably the best version though as that was the perfect game and one of the best games ever made. I guess I’ll have to settle for the remakes for old school RE.

Brigandier

In no particular order besides Shemmue

Shenmue III - AM2 SEGA version for DC, This would have been so much better than the 2019 pile of festering slop.

The Getaway 3 - Strange decision by Sony cancelling this IP.

Eight Days - Looked like it could have been fun, 2005-2009 Sony stunk.

Half Life 3 - Fuck off Valve.

Rainbow Six: Patriots - Ubisoft were scared of being controversial and instead canned it and released a game that has close to zero resemblance to Rainbow Six.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - This could have been a great game... definitely canned just confirm it already.

Splinter Cell - everyone wants it so Ubi does what Ubi does best and stay silent for years another canned project just confirm it already.

TEKKEN Vs Street Fighter - This would have been great imo ashame it never took off.

Deus Ex: Part 3 - Can't believe that story won't be wrapped up...

Final Fantasy Versus - This genuinely looked good, I was so hyped after the 2011 trailer seeing the Behemoth fight and finally the world... then it turned into the worst FF in the series an absolute abomination.

This is fun!

In no specific order:

Next Splinter Cell and/or Remake - I know the Remake hasn't been canceled yet but I'm telling myself that it is, given Ubi's state, to shield myself from emotional pain when it does get canned. I also doubt we're getting a new entry in the franchise anytime soon but that would be my #1 request from the videogame gods.
Chrono Break - I don't think this one needs an explanation.
Day of the Tentacle 2 - Huge fan of the original and the Remastered Edition that Double Fine release. Tim Schaffer/Dave Grossman, give me a sequel!
Final Fantasy IX Remake - Best original entry in the franchise IMHO. VII Rebirth is better I think but I prefer IX over OG VII.
Gabriel Knight 4 - Jane Jensen has revealed that she will be releasing the first part of a new Gabriel Knight adventure in the form of a digital book....how about a game?
Environmental Station Alpha 2 - Apparently is in development...

HL3.exe

Most have been posted here, like Prey 2 and agent.

I'll add Whore Of The Orient (L.A. Noire 2)

The original SC Conviction 2007. (Looked crazy different and systemically ambitious)

The Outsider (GTA but Elite open-ended)

And, Ion Storms/Jordan Thomas' Deus Ex 3. (It sounded ambitious as hell.)

Last edited:
This is fun!

In no specific order:

Next Splinter Cell and/or Remake - I know the Remake hasn't been canceled yet but I'm telling myself that it is, given Ubi's state, to shield myself from emotional pain when it does get canned. I also doubt we're getting a new entry in the franchise anytime soon but that would be my #1 request from the videogame gods.
Chrono Break - I don't think this one needs an explanation.
Day of the Tentacle 2 - Huge fan of the original and the Remastered Edition that Double Fine release. Tim Schaffer/Dave Grossman, give me a sequel!
Final Fantasy IX Remake - Best original entry in the franchise IMHO. VII Rebirth is better I think but I prefer IX over OG VII.
Gabriel Knight 4 - Jane Jensen has revealed that she will be releasing the first part of a new Gabriel Knight adventure in the form of a digital book....how about a game?
Environmental Station Alpha 2 - Apparently is in development...
Final Fantasy IX is also my favorite FF game and would really like to see what the remake does with it if it does come. FFIX has a extremely unique setting that I haven't seen in any other FF game. High Fantasy, Steampunk, and SCI-FI settings are pretty common but FFIX had it's own unique style with elements from Jim Henson's Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. As well as Neverending Story.

Gojiira

1- Original PS3 Monster Hunter 3
2- Onimusha Dawn of Dreams 2-3
3- Agent
4- Aliens Crucible
5- Fortress, the open world Final Fantasy game with army building, time limit etc
6- Original KJP version of Metal Gear Rising
7- MGSV before Konami censorship and if it was finished
8- Oddworld, way too many to say but Sligstorm is the main one
9- Eight Days, That game sounded awesome
10- Deep Down, looked awesome. Could have been a great live service if they listened to feedback.

Naked Lunch

The original Team Fortress 2.
The screenshots popped up in a PC magazine and hype was building.
Waited years for that one - and it never arrived.

Then we got a completely different (ultimately dumbed down version of TFC) with TF2.
To this day, Ill take TFC over TF2 any day of the week - and I wished we would have got that original TF2.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In an old gaming mag, the rumours section said a new Contra game was coming to SNES that was 24-meg. Never remembered which mag. It was a 1 or 2 sentence blurb. Probably made up by the magazine. lol

Also this. Supposedly never even in dev. A lot of Konami devs left to form Treasure.

images

Last edited:

Perrott

• Agent (Rockstar North / Take Two Interactive)
  • Batman: Arkham Insurgency (WB Games Montreal / Warner Bros. Games)
  • Batman – set in Nolan's The Dark Knight universe (Monolith Productions / Warner Bros. Games)
  • BioShock NGP (Irrational Games / Take Two Interactive)
  • Bully 2 (Rockstar New England / Take Two Interactive)
  • Deep Down (Capcom)
  • Eight Days (London Studio / Sony Computer Entertainment)
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Square Enix)
  • Getaway (London Studio / Sony Computer Entertainment)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – PS Vita port (Kojima Productions / Konami)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Rising (Kojima Productions / Konami)
  • Plants vs Zombies – 3D action/adventure (PopCap Games / Electronic Arts)
  • Prey 2 (Human Head Studios / Bethesda Softworks)
  • Resident Evil PSP (Capcom)
  • Silent Hill (Japan Studio / Sony Interactive Entertainment / Konami)
  • Silent Hills (Kojima Productions / Konami)
  • Star Wars 1313 (LucasArts)
  • Star Wars – Mandalorian first-person shooter (Respawn Entertainment / Electronic Arts)
  • Star Wars – Project Ragtag (Visceral Games & Amy Hennig / Electronic Arts)
  • Star Wars – systemic open-world (LucasArts & Clint Hocking)
  • The Dark Knight (Pandemic Studios / Electronic Arts)
  • The Last Of Us Online (Naughty Dog / Sony Interactive Entertainment)
  • Whore of the Orient (KMM Interactive / Warner Bros. Games)
The ones highlighted in color would be my 10 picks answering OP's question.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
The Getaway 3 - Strange decision by Sony cancelling this IP.

Eight Days - Looked like it could have been fun, 2005-2009 Sony stunk.

Well, from what I recall, they had solid reason. One of the reasons was because they had the Ratchet series and Uncharted and Infamous and later The Last Of Us etc, they had lots of 3rd person type titles and they felt a lot of those was too much of the same type of game apparently.

I think Eight Days was going to flop lol

I feel The Getaway 3 is more of a mystery, but who knows really. Those all could hae been mid games lol

CashPrizes

Last of Us 2 multiplayer (I loved factions and was great at it in original LoU, criminal they did not include it in the Part 1 Remake)
Star Wars 1313
Original Fallout 3 (Project Van Buren)
StarCraft Ghost
Chakan: The Forever Man sequel on Dreamcast
Dreamcast Castlevania
Robotech: Crystal Dreams on N64
P.T.

Don't feel super strongly about anything else. Half Life 3 will happen someday. Also a Bloodbourne Remaster will happen one day as well. I don't think any of the 8 I mentioned will ever happen.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Cancelled?

B.C. - Lionhead Studios
Cry On - Mistwalker
Alien Crucible - Obisidian
Castlevania Dreamcast - Konami

Never happened?

Dino Crisis 3 - Capcom
Power Stone 3 - Capcom

My brother, Dino Crisis came out in 2003 as an Xbox exclusive. It was so bad that it killed the franchise.

vIpxF3t.png

Anyway, rather than doing a top ten. I'll do one.

Chris Taylor's King's and Castles.

A fantasy RTS from the maker of Total Annihilation.......I was buzzing for this game. Gutted to learn it got cancelled

8zqQB5F.jpeg

Top Bottom