• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
game-marilyn-manson-4x4-discography-1-you-can-choose-one-v0-ztjnj78g8baa1.png

Antichrist, mechanical animals were just plain good, those are the best.

fxRw7TudbNzcL4TgqPUh6V.jpg

Slipknot honors the metal brand, the original and Iowa are the best, why? Because it's the best of slipknot.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Naughty early copy of Fontaines D.C. - Favourite. Album of the year. Will dump the Spotify link in here tomorrow if I remember.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
As above, happy album of the year day!

Just found these guys. Don't care for the songs with vocals. But the instrumental songs are pure bliss. They all sound like a great video game track.

Very easy to chill / relax to.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Soundtrack for Trap brought back memories of this cd. Wonder if they got inspiration from it.

Sabrina Carpenter would make a perfect Cleopatra if Villeneuve decides to recast.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Another banger from my boys 2nd album circa 1996. Awesome bass line. Cool solo. Probably one of their more “accessible” songs.

RAÏSanÏa

Discovered the band in the weeks leading up to a 2007 hottest women of metal tour headlined by Lacuna Coil. Got to see The Gathering before Anneke left the band after they replaced Within Temptation.

From Beautiful Tragedy to Godmode
still sounding new and crisp

Inspired by the Rebis eclipse this spring?

Drake

So I've decided to jump into the world of Buckethead. Outside of Soothsayer and maybe another song or 2 I haven't listened to much of his discography. I know he has the pike series where he'll sometimes release 5 albums a month (and has released something like 650 albums total). It's insane. So I started by googling what is the best Pike album and the consensus seems to be Pike 65. And holy shit, what a place to start. This is really some next level stuff. So I'll probably be on a Buckethead kick for the next few weeks.

Shadow1414

Neo Member
My favourite singers are Ava Max, Miss Amani, Jen Ledger, Beth Crowley and Britney Spears. I also listen to Hollywood Undead, Skillet, Blackpink, Simple Plan, and Thousand Foot Crutch. I like the genres Rock, Pop, Nightcore, K-Pop, Anime and Cartoon OSTs, and—to a lesser extend—Rap.

AV

Oasis in lieu of the reunion news. Rumours had been hard circulating for a few months now but good to see it officially confirmed, will be getting tickets Saturday morning.

Annoyingly I had always been able to say I was at their last ever show, no longer the case, but whatever - this tour's gonna bring the country to its knees. Knocked up a setlist earlier and they have too many bangers to even fit in one show. Biblical.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Oasis in lieu of the reunion news. Rumours had been hard circulating for a few months now but good to see it officially confirmed, will be getting tickets Saturday morning.

Annoyingly I had always been able to say I was at their last ever show, no longer the case, but whatever - this tour's gonna bring the country to its knees. Knocked up a setlist earlier and they have too many bangers to even fit in one show. Biblical.
i must admit i am not a huge oasis fan but of course i know all the big hits... who doesn't? i might try get a ticket to a show in edinburgh or london but i'm not holding my breath.

this is huge that they are back. i suspect there are many people like me who would love to see them.

i was in london a while back when liam was doing a show. i didn't even know he was playing but i was going by the o2 arena and saw loads of people with oasis tops and then i saw he was playing.

AV

i must admit i am not a huge oasis fan but of course i know all the big hits... who doesn't? i might try get a ticket to a show in edinburgh or london but i'm not holding my breath.

this is huge that they are back. i suspect there are many people like me who would love to see them.

i was in london a while back when liam was doing a show. i didn't even know he was playing but i was going by the o2 arena and saw loads of people with oasis tops and then i saw he was playing.

They'll be adding loads more shows if you miss out, no chance that's the full run. They could probably sell out that Manchester park for a good while before they do festivals / world tour.

Both brothers are really on form live at the moment, it's the right time for the inevitable reunion. Will be carnage both getting tickets and at the shows :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RAÏSanÏa

Amazing cover. It's fun seeing the crowd getting into it. Some immediately recognize and know what they're in for, others appear new to the song and hits them around the violin solo.

kevboard

i can't stop listening to Judas Priest. i've obviously heard of them years ago but never really listened to them. so yeah i'm late. Rob Halford is a fucking legend.

(flashing warning)

that drum intro is fuckin sick.

he. is. the. PAINKILLLAAAAA :messenger_horns:

this is THE quintessential Heavy Metal song in my opinion.

if someone asked you what Heavy Metal is, this song would be the answer.

it is basically a perfect representation of Heavy Metal (or True Metal as some would call it, although it is now more and more customary to call this subgenre Heavy Metal, and the overarching genre group just Metal)

Last edited:

kevboard

I was always passingly interested in Spock's Beard, but never a dedicated fan or anything. just the occasional song or two I'd come across and like.

but then when I found the side group some of their members formed, called Pattern Seeking Animals, I was drawn in way more than I ever was to Spock's Beard.

while similar, at first glance, their philosophy of how they release music makes it all feel more casual and off the cuff, which I quite like.

their whole schtick is that they want to release a new feature length album every single year, and basically they did so ever since 2019 (although not quite they only had 4 albums in 5 years)

it's basically Spock's Beard but at a smaller scope and a bit more experimental I think.

after that essay (lol) I should also link a song I guess 🙃

Much Ado, by Pattern Seeking Animals:

Last edited:
Top Bottom