• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I know I'm getting old as I am waaaaaaaaaay too excited about my new car floormats.
These things look fantastic and I can't wait to put my feet on them!!

8DraPef.jpg

Dude, even when I was 20 I loved new car mats. Just one of those oddly satisfying things.

Rival

Gold Member
I know I'm getting old as I am waaaaaaaaaay too excited about my new car floormats.
These things look fantastic and I can't wait to put my feet on them!!

8DraPef.jpg
Those a really sweet. What brand is that? I’m old too. I got way too excited about my new washer and dryer a couple months back.

Nydius

Just picked up a new HP Victus laptop: 13th gen i5, 3050, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD.

I didn’t really pick it up for gaming though. I wanted something significantly powerful to last several years before needing to be replaced, much like the MSI 6th gen i7/GTX 960M it was replacing.

Totally putting all its power through its paces. :LOL::pie_roffles:

VtttU9C.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a new HP Victus laptop: 13th gen i5, 3050, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD.

I didn’t really pick it up for gaming though. I wanted something significantly powerful to last several years before needing to be replaced, much like the MSI 6th gen i7/GTX 960M it was replacing.

Totally putting all its power through its paces. :LOL::pie_roffles:

VtttU9C.jpg
I just upgraded my PC too. Spent £1600 on it and all I've been doing is playing Rocket League, CS:GO, Fortnite, and Kerbal :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tams

Polar Pacer Pro.

325189-489631-medium.png

They have a couple of the colours on sale.

Picked up a new chest strap for my ERM from them and another watch strap.

I had my previous Polar watch for on me and them stop supporting it, but my other stuff from them has been great. So I'm giving them another chance.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Theater tickets aren’t cheap. We spent close to $40 for tickets to see the Mario movie. Weekday movies are probably cheaper. Popcorn is $25 for a big bucket. A game provides more entertainment for that much money. I bought Advance Wars this month and a bunch of titles on Steam. Paid off the next couple months of games. I should be use to it since purchasing titles digitally on 360/PS3. It’s still strange to have spent $200+ for video game preorders and it’s just a download + timer to unlock. I want to play these, so it’s worth it.

IMG-7909.jpg

I don’t tend to buy a lot of stuff for myself. Mainly game related stuff. The rest of my money goes to support my family and pay bills.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My two year old LG sound bar died, so I figured now's the time to finally get some surround sound. This was on sale for $200 off at the Best Buy up the street ($600). I head in, get the last one, and the girl in the A/V section tells me it comes with a $200 gift card!

About to set it up. Not sure what I am going to use the gift card on. I do need a new vacuum or Roomba, and there's some 4K blurays I need.

Not the best audio pickup but it is a massive upgrade from my old soundbar + subwoofer combo. ANd for only $600 with $200 to spend on other things.

Tams

My two year old LG sound bar died, so I figured now's the time to finally get some surround sound. This was on sale for $200 off at the Best Buy up the street ($600). I head in, get the last one, and the girl in the A/V section tells me it comes with a $200 gift card!

About to set it up. Not sure what I am going to use the gift card on. I do need a new vacuum or Roomba, and there's some 4K blurays I need.

Not the best audio pickup but it is a massive upgrade from my old soundbar + subwoofer combo. ANd for only $600 with $200 to spend on other things.

After only two years?!

That's so fucking pathetic. I'd be going apeshit at LG customer 'service'.

Fools idol

Banned
Got my favourite car out for the first time since winter. Spring is in the air... not quite warm yet here in the north of england but getting there.

Decided to replace the standard silver badge for a satin black one to finish off the look. Stallion baby.

image.png
00.png

1.png

added a new toy to the collection today.

Gulf orange 992 GT3 with 30 miles on the clock. Brand new to my spec :D

my mrs picked it up for me, she wanted the first drive so I followed along and obliged. Awesome sunny day for it too.

Need to get to 1300 miles ASAP to run it in..

6.png
5.png
7.png

I think they look cute together :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Esca

my mrs picked it up for me, she wanted the first drive so I followed along and obliged. Awesome sunny day for it too.

6.png
5.png
7.png

The orange is amazing, nice car.

Celcius

°Temp. member

6.png
5.png
7.png

Best pickup in the history of NeoGaf? Wait, do you purposely buy your cars in the NeoGaf colors?!
j/k, looks awesome man

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23

6.png
5.png
7.png

What do you do for a living?

bender

What time is it?
My year has been a little wonky. My dad passed away in February. He was an gifted guitarist with an amazing ear. We'd been estranged for over a decade but I went home to help clean up affairs. He had a nice collection of guitars but it turns out he was rotating through six of his electrics every few months (burned through over $200K doing so over the years). At one point, in the 90s, he had a Japanese Jazzmaster and one of the first SRV signature editions (shortly after Stevie died). It's no surprise that he had traded that guitar away. Funnily enough, we discovered he'd purchased another SRV signature guitar in 2019 which of course he had traded away as well. Stevie is my favorite guitarist ever and the one bond I still had with my dad so I've spent the last few months trying to locate a vintage signature edition. Sadly, those can get expensive depending on the fingerboard material and I have a hard time wanting to pay 4-5x what the guitar originally sold for or 2-3x what a current year model. I decided if I was going to spend that much money, I'd just go with a Pro Shop model from Fender instead. I'm closing on the sale of my company so this will be here soon:

CZ566236-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I founded a custom software and algorithm design company, sold it a few years ago and now run another one in a sort of part-time deal with an old friend / co/founder.

Mainly though these days I am a property investor and gaf shitposter.
Way to go.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I like getting these DS games, games are in plastic boxes so no crushed cardboard like GBA (although I did buy Boktai and Warioware Twisted) and nice manuals. It feels like the last gen with soul, so I got another one. With the compilation of 1 and 2 coming out it might see a revival so it felt like the right time to pick it up.

5bJAQ6U.jpg
ComfortableCompassionateAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif

2 month subscription to GymWolf GymWolf 's OnlyFans
giphy.gif

Top Bottom