• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Purchased this small cargo bottle holder for my bike to hold my JBL Charge 4 speaker

P0t0jEv.jpg

PSyDJK9.jpg

wpJedkg.jpg

Forsete

New winter tyres with new rims. The salt ate up my old rims.
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 - Very expensive, but they are supposed to be one of the best non studded winter tyres.
5v9gAVr.jpg

New summer tyres since my old ones didn't pass inspection 😙 (I was planning on getting new ones next year, but oh well).
Michelin Primacy 4+ - Very happy with these, so quiet!
NDTFrWe.jpg

New keyboard, Keychron K8 Pro. Very happy with this keyboard.
5TXvGWX.jpg

Crayon

With all this ufo talk, I wanted something like an "I want to believe" poster for the office. Right now there is a nice Ron Swanson meme up there. Ron's been there a long time, though. So I was looking for something x-filesish or alien themed. Well one click led to another and I found this!!

_DSC4429.jpg

The Snake, David Huggins

Me and my wife love it. The alien's little smiley face right in the middle of the canvas is perfect. It's more classy, but still nerdy.

Krathoon

I found this Mars Attacks artbook on Amazon. It is a collection of all the old Mars Attacks! artwork including the trading card series.

The jacket for the book is the same material used in the trading card packs. It also includes some special trading cards.

Crayon

I found this Mars Attacks artbook on Amazon. It is a collection of all the old Mars Attacks! artwork including the trading card series.

The jacket for the book is the same material used in the trading card packs. It also includes some special trading cards.

Til mars attacks is actually from 1962.

tickets to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child in London in a couple of weeks.

ncvlU40.jpg

there was a better seat available but the total would've been £260 and i'm not paying that even though I love Harry Potter lol. I was almost ready to go for the seats at £85 total but seems like it's cramped as fuck. These seats seem to be a decent compromise and looking at the photos online it looks like a good view.

i wasn't going to bother getting tickets but thought fuck it! i don't know when i'll be back in london so might as well go see it while i'm there. my saturday was totally free (after ~11am) anyway so why not? the money was the main issue but now i'm a bit closer to going i realised i could afford it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
With all this ufo talk, I wanted something like an "I want to believe" poster for the office. Right now there is a nice Ron Swanson meme up there. Ron's been there a long time, though. So I was looking for something x-filesish or alien themed. Well one click led to another and I found this!!

_DSC4429.jpg

The Snake, David Huggins

Me and my wife love it. The alien's little smiley face right in the middle of the canvas is perfect. It's more classy, but still nerdy.

I like it ❤

Mine ♡:

Niy1dU7.jpg

I still have to frame this one.

UDrWUHg.jpg

FWIW:

I don't consider it nerdy.

Last edited:
The ufo poster is great (I want one) but I don't think it's a case of wanting to believe anymore. I've always believed that there has to be aliens out there somewhere but I wasn't sold on them visiting us. It was possible but what are the chances? Now I think they are definitely here and have been for the last 50-100 years or even for thousands of years!

I'm no conspiracy crackpot and as interesting as it is I refused to go down the rabbit hole but with all the US gov stuff the last few years then it seems like they are preparing the world for something... there is definitely something going on. We might never know the full story but it just feels likes they are slowly disclosing info to prepare us for some event or revelation.

Quasicat

After years of using an Nvidia Shield to run my Plex server, I’m ready to use something more powerful. After tons of research, I picked up an M2 Mac Mini to do some light computing and run my Plex server. This thing is so fast. My Windows PC, which is over a decade old, would take several hours to do what this thing can do in minutes using Handbrake. Eventually it will go in a cabinet, but for now I like having it on my stand.

Owmduml.jpg

The Last Boy Scout DVD for a couple bucks at Goodwill. I will lift my No Wayans policy to see Bruce Willis with a toupee.

I'd post a pic of the beautiful cardboard and plastic case but I cant get images to upload.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
After years of using an Nvidia Shield to run my Plex server, I’m ready to use something more powerful. After tons of research, I picked up an M2 Mac Mini to do some light computing and run my Plex server. This thing is so fast. My Windows PC, which is over a decade old, would take several hours to do what this thing can do in minutes using Handbrake. Eventually it will go in a cabinet, but for now I like having it on my stand.

Owmduml.jpg
That can run Plex with many cycles to spare.

Top Bottom