• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Dr.Morris79

I have a very love-hate relationship with chess. I never learned competitive moves or strategies because it would take the charm away, but also less people would play with me.

I feel the same about rubix cubes, or pokemon
I never did either as I was never that dedicated, but I love playing it. Whenever the chance arises, that is. Rubix cubes, they just kill me!

A few years back I used to have a one to one patient, Polish guy. He'd had a huge stroke and had to have half his top scalp removed. The girls hated him as he spoke his mind and was vulgar (But funny..) Six hours out of twelve hours I'd be with him most days as everyone hated him, I didnt mind, we'd just drink coffe and smoke and he made me laugh, most of that time was taken up with chess

And everyday the bastard beat me. Even with half a skull..

Dr.Morris79

I just tried the board out. I thought I was bad but I really suck. I guess I didn’t learn where all the pieces go haha….i keep getting confused where the king queen bishop and knight go. I’m an idiot.

Also I can’t “see” the game. I could think some steps ahead but I feel so lost playing on a physical board. Strange.
The best thing you could probably do is just download a basic one on your phone just to get used to where to pieces sit to start off, you'll pick it up in no time

And in time you can be like me, and get beaten by everybody on earth 👀

Dr.Morris79

I’ve been playing on the chess.com app. I “know” where they go but don’t? lol I just can’t remember if it’s bishop/knight or knight/bishop. Or king/queen queen/king.

Maybe because the chess app doesn’t have you set it but I should still know. I’ll learn now I need to physically place them myself,
Practice my good man, you'll get it in no time, it just takes a bit. I was a nightmare learning it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Games of the Month

PJC3-501D583971-medium_w640_h480_q75-castlevania-dominus-collection-portrait-switch-portada-1727099243.webp

81nkL1UzrML.jpg

PS4 Version
blade-runner-enhanced-edition-collectors-edition-limited-run-import.png

unnamed-19-1024x576.png
71E3B-85r1L.jpg
emio-the-smiling-man-famicom-detective-club-collectors-edition-815423.1.jpg

From the Director of the Metroid Series, Nintendo making a Horror visual novel for mature audiences.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
413q+kkeUvL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

scenario-300x300-3-100

BenQ Monitor Screenbar Halo.

Now that Summer is over and the night falls earlier and earlier this thing is a godsend.

Should've bought this years ago.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

rRk4rmd.jpeg

Pokemon snap and Arceus.

Sign by Gen Sato... From the pokemon TV show.

Super Mario RPG Sign by hidetoshi omori.. He was in Gundam, Final fantasy VII ps1 and Super Mario RPG from Snes.

Kamen ryder Sign fro. The actor tetsuo kurata... I never see the TV show 😂.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

fZ1bnyR.jpeg
ibJyscS.jpeg

And from a famous Latín América actress voice.
Cristina Hernández
💎.

She is perfect as kat voice from Gravity Rush.

Last edited:

INC

I got a good deal on a fun little commuter car, a zippy turbo charged 2018 Fiat 500 Abarth, with only 39,600 miles.

Z61UCEu.jpeg

The modern mini Cooper in my eyes

Sure it's a bit of hair dressers car, but I can't help but like them, they just have character and are just asking to be ragged everywhere

Top Bottom