• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I will kill a kitten for every unresized photo posted after this message.

kitten GIF

PLEASE SAVE A KITTEN BY RESIZING YOUR PHOTOS
Hmmm. Can I live with that I wonder...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Well boys, its going to be one of those big ticket items I purchased as far as computers go, I could have seriously upgraded my pc but got this instead. I already have an indigo 2 impact with dead psu, this one actually powers on and for $675 its a steal since he had two and the first 1 sold out within 24 hours.

QywvyLN.jpeg
What can you do with this PC?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Techo kaigi time is fun. My haul this year is 2 Hobonichi HONs. 1 for personal and 1 for work. A other misc items like an extra cover for my current work notebook and a blank book for art stuff.

For work I went with the black gingham, as it seems like a solid design for in office:
dcocY1j.png

I also love that the spine lays flat. One of many reasons to love the Hobonichi. The paper is the real MVP though.
tkim6XW.jpeg

For home (mostly daily drawing/sketching/painting) I decided to go for the cover design that makes me inspired:
kPUqGjf.png

The design is based on 1800s-1900s woodblock patterns from Japanese artists.

Ulysses 31

Focal Utopia Headphones + the stand

Ng
Zw

Crazy seeing the prices of high end DACs/AMPs to bring out the most of these.

5K$ for the Hugo 2 TTS DAC & AMP... 👀
Almost 5K$ for the Hugo M Scaler to upscale to 768 kHz 32 Bit... 👀

And then there's 800 bucks audio cables...:messenger_astonished:

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Car Insurance.

my insurance is due at the end of the month. i went on to see what the renewal price was with my current provider.... £825 for the year! I actually started laughing when I saw it! For absolutely no fucking reason they thought they could hike the price by £338. Made no claims or anything and nothing has changed. They had a message saying shit like "Insurance is going up by average of 50% across the market due to rising costs because of more claims being made, difficulty finding replacement parts for repairs, and keeping up to date with new technology in smart electric cars."

I went to find new quotes elsewhere and funnily enough my current insurance had a message saying "Your details may be incorrect. Please check them so we can give you an accurate price." So I did that and basically just confirmed my current details and surprise sur-fucking-prise they managed to knock £115 off the price down to £710 but even that is a joke.

Found a quote for £507 so was going to go with that. Went to cancel my current one and they ask what quote I had found elsewhere. I put in the £507 and they then decided to now pull £514 out their arse. That's a big difference from the £825 they wanted 10 bloody minutes ago. Anyway, I decided to take it because I can't be arsed switching over to another provider.

While my car was getting repaired after an accident, I was driving a rental paid for by the insurance company… all that time I was thinking, this is why my insurance premiums are going up every year, cos it takes them 6 months to fix a car.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

Still an amazeballs film - one of the GOAT to be exact alongside The Deer hunter, Raging bull, King of comedy and Mean streets, it's peak De Niro...

Shame that he's become an unhinged old man screaming on camera about politics with his last good film/acting being 29 years ago (Heat), how the mighty have fallen...

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Techo kaigi time is fun. My haul this year is 2 Hobonichi HONs. 1 for personal and 1 for work. A other misc items like an extra cover for my current work notebook and a blank book for art stuff.

For work I went with the black gingham, as it seems like a solid design for in office:
dcocY1j.png

I also love that the spine lays flat. One of many reasons to love the Hobonichi. The paper is the real MVP though.
tkim6XW.jpeg

For home (mostly daily drawing/sketching/painting) I decided to go for the cover design that makes me inspired:
kPUqGjf.png

The design is based on 1800s-1900s woodblock patterns from Japanese artists.
That first book is amazing. Not sure I could spend £50 on it - I’d be scared to make a mistake in it and mess it up (am very OCD like that)

Quasicat

No pictures yet, but I just preordered an all digital Xbox Series X for October. Can’t wait to get it, even though I’m still using my launch Series X.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I've made a super massive purchase to my home office. I've been using the Surface Go 2 since 2021. I don't do anything intense on it, just usual web browsing, watching videos and listen to music. But lately, it chugs when I have multiple web tabs open. At times, I'm forced to watch YouTube at 360p. It was extremely frustrating when I'm trying to multi task.

So below, I've ask the new Surface Pro 11 feature, Copilot+, to write out a summary of the items I've purchase:

Sure! Here’s a summary of the items you’ve recently purchased:

1. Surface Pro Copilot+ PC:
    • Display: 13-inch OLED
    • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon X Elite
    • Memory: 32GB RAM
    • Storage: 1TB SSD
    • Features: AI-accelerated Copilot+ experiences, ultra-flexible 2-in-1 design, Wi-Fi 7, and optional 5G12.
  2. Surface Pro Keyboard:
    • Designed to complement the Surface Pro, providing a comfortable typing experience with a responsive touchpad.
  3. Microsoft Thunderbolt 4 Dock:
    • Expands connectivity options with multiple ports, including USB-C, USB-A, and Ethernet, enabling a seamless desktop setup.
  4. 8BitDo Recho Mechanical Keyboard/Numpad M Edition:
    • A mechanical keyboard with a detachable numpad, offering a tactile typing experience and customizable keys.
These items should significantly enhance your productivity and overall computing experience!

2NPigC3.jpeg
t6h7YE4.jpeg
UcX3ff8.jpeg

In the spoiler tab blow are pics of my new setup

Kw6uGD1.jpeg

YWHI56n.jpeg

WM4mSln.jpeg

Bonus Pic:

e2JngG7.jpeg

Top Bottom