• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Favorite Video Game Intro?

Just curious what everyone's fave video game intro is. I don't think this can be confused with an older topic, best video game intro song, since a strong intro may not necessarily have the strongest song, as evidenced by my choices...

- Wip3Out
- Rage Racer
- R4
- Soul Edge (TO SHINE!)
- Gran Turismo
- Panzer Dragoon Saga
- Ico
- Tekken 3
- Katamari Damacy

jenov4

MGS2 - Kyle Cooper owns, this intro oozes with style
FFVIII - Amazing fight sequence with Squall & Seifer
Soul Blade/Edge - First intro that made my jaw drop

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
The Start of the first level of Rouge leader was awesome!!!

“lock S foils in attack positions”

Makes me tingle

also

-SSB:M
-Tekken Tag
- GT3
-Resi Evil remake was good!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Metal Gear Solid 2
Suikoden III
Kingdom Hearts

Solid

Soul Calibur II should be mentioned too. When they show Nightmare the song really kicks ass. Great intro.

Rlan

Grubdog said:
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Heh, it seems that Mario Tennis also feature the Wario Bros. up to mischief again as well. Camelot sure do have a thing for those two.

"Nyagnyagnyagnyagnyagnyagnyagn!"

Loops

I'd go for Super Shinobi (MD) and Baseball Stars (NG). Katamari's nice too...

Nobody for the original Resident Evil ? :)

Cloudy

Banned
Suikoden 3 - Amazing song and visuals. No intro can compare IMO
FF8 - Just so epic. Great music
FFX - Loved the music and I think that was the first game I ever played that started with a main character narrating.
FF12 - It was really well done.

raYne

Soul Calibur I(DC) & SSB:Melee, those are the only ones that stand out.

SCI gets extra points because you could manipulate it. Nightmare replacing Sophitia rox.

Dracos

How about some older titles?

- U.N. Squadron/Area 88 SNES
- Ninja Gaiden NES
- Phantasy Star II Gen
- Sword of Vermillion Gen
- Super Metroid SNES
- Super Castlevania IV SNES
- Earthbound SNES

3phemeral

*Soul Edge - HOoooAH. BAY EE YAI EE YAI.
YEH TO GOH, SEARCHIN FOH ALL SSSSS-TAH!
DEEP IN THA LINE.
I BALL UN MAH HAR.
FOH NOK NUH SHALLAH.
SHALLAH WIL REBAL.
SHALLAH WIL REBAL.
TO SHAYN FRUM ABAAAAAAA [ABAAAAAAAAAA UV]
I GOTTA GUH TO.
EDGEUH SOL. [EGJOH SO TU]
KARRY UNH. [KARRY UNH]
WAN OFDEE ARAN FRUM DUH ERRRY STAH. [AAAAAAAY BEREEVE]
YUHVE GUTTA GEHT TO.
EDGEUH SOL. [EDJOH SO TU]
KARRY UNH. [KERRY UNH]
DEEP IN MAH HARRRRRRRRRRRRR AH AH AH AH AH AH [AAAAAY WAAAH AAAAAY]
UNH!
::Violin Solo::
[TO SHAIN!]

I still have no idea what the hell they were singing, but it awesome anyway. I mainly loved the violin solo.

*FF8 - The music made it even more incredible than I thought it was... I especially love the black feathers transition and edea's helmet-whips float up in succession with rhinoa behind her, clutching her necklace.

*Wind Waker: Very charming and stylish. Had the kind of epic feeling I've come to expect from Zelda, I only wished they would continue as much story in a similar fashion within the entirety of the game.

*Silent Hill 1: Again, the music. Anyone know who the band is for this one?
*Chrono Cross: Also for the music :)

There's probably tons others I can't remember at the moment. Lack of sleep and studying for midterms tend to do that *_*

XS+

Banned
I liked the arcade intro for Tekken 4 (not the modified one in the PS2 version). "I'm back to whup some ass bitches!"

Also GT3, Capcom vs SNK 1, Onimusha, Super Metroid, King of Fighters '95, Revenge of Shinobi.

Soul Calibur (1) with its changeable intro was awesome. Watching Asteroth pick a flower and then look up toward the sky NEVER gets old.

XS+

Banned
Why does everyone edit the intro for SC1 to have a guy bend over and act girly? I thought it was more apropos put Ivy in the intro so it transitions into Cervantes (her dad)

Final Fantasy XI Never very interested in the game, but the opening battle and is just what I always pictured a great war looking like in a Final Fantasy world and the music is incredible.

Final Fantasy VIII
just awesome

Rygar (PS2) Great music and the chariot scene at the end is like a fantasy Ben Hur

Star Ocean 3 I love the progression of space vessels from Sputnik and the Apollos to the Space Battleship

Suikoden 3 Beautiful anime, great song.

Ico lovely and stirring

Master of Magic Just so cheesy "Old man, you seek the spell of mastery?"

Secret of Mana Beautiful screen, gorgeous music

Sword of Mana The incredible art in the opening is more enjoyable than the whole game

Onimusha Awesome battle, creepy imagery, great music

XS+ said:
Why does everyone edit the intro for SC1 to have a guy bend over and act girly? I thought it was more apropos put Ivy in the intro so it transitions into Cervantes (her dad)
Don't look at me. Mine was all Taki.

Richiban

Final Fantasy 7 - I started playing it again this week, and despite the obvious aging of the game, the intro still manages to kick all sorts of ass. Great, great intro. The cuttting between the aerial shot and the close up of the train moving, Aeris and the materia spring, it was awesome.

That was the first game I thought of when I saw the thread title.

robot

Ridge Racer Type 4 and Soul Edge are classics.
Recent favs are Gradius V and Tales of Symphonia.

Honorable mentions go to Sonic CD! Must've watched that one a million times.

EDIT: Breakdown had an awesome intro too.

Top Bottom