• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game are you looking forward to seeing on Next-Gen hardware?

I'm getting pumped for a new Ridge Racer with gorgeous graphics running on PS3 hardware. RR5 was and still is one of my favorite racing games this gen.

If tradition holds true, I bet Sony will probably end up launching RR6 next gen.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
definitely Dead or Alive ________

What I look forward to playing is a different issue.

doncale

Banned
Phantasy Star 5 (unless PS5 is in PSU and on a current gen console)

PilotWings

Shenmue III (assuming Shenmue Online is not III)

Thunder Force 6

R-Type Reborn

Gradius 6, Salamander 3

Street Fighter 4

Zelda (like the new GCN Zelda but 50x more impressive)

Mario 256

Avalon (looked killer)

Resident Evil 6

Virtua Fighter 5

Daytona USA 3

Metroid Prime 3

Panzer Dragoon (rail + free flight shooter, and RPG)

Sega Rally Championship 3

Rogue Squadran 4

Halo 3

Doom 3 (Xbox1 Doom 3 will be weaksauce)

Ridge Racer 7 (assuming RR6 is on PS2)

Pimpbaa

Definitely a next gen GTA. Give me chills thinking about next gen graphics plus GTA gameplay. A DOA volleyball type game would be nice too :D

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I don't care about the next gen, right now. My guess is it won't meet any of our expectations, yet again, and in 4 years we'll being seeing these same types of threads reappearing.

Graphically, this generation should have been much better than it is. We all thought that blurry textures, low-poly character models, poor animation and low framerates would have ended last gen; I see no reason to expect that those problems won't exsist in the next gen, either. For developers, the power is there, they just don't care about detail*.

For me, only game that I have any interest in for the next generation is Pikmin 3. Not for graphical reasons, but because the idea of controlling a 1000 pikmin on their murderous rampage brings a sick, sick smile to my face.

*Blanket statement, intended for exaggeration; not meaning that all developers don't care about detail...

... just western ones ;)

doncale

Banned
forgot these:

Ninja Gaiden

Dead or Alive 4

any other Temco projects

Final Fantasy 13, 14, 15

Final Fantasy Adventure / Seiken Densetsu / Secret of Mana / Sword of Mana

Altered Beast

Shinobi

Golden Axe

Tokyo Wars

Time Crisis

Alex Kidd in Toy Story World (lol!)

Herzog Zwei

Unreal Engine 3 based games

a good Alien game that scares the f'ing shite out of you like Doom3

DEV HOUSES

anything Nintendo.

Pikmin claymationcised would be brilliant.

big Capcom franchises
DMC / DINOCRISIS (not that horrible 3rd game) / RE / vs / RPGs

SQUAREENIX (duh)

NAMCO

SEGA (if they're still alive)

yeah.. anything japan is highly exciting. For the polish.

Gek54

Richard Burns Rally. The base of the game is solid, now it just needs some online play and polish.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Anything, I'm easy to please.

I just want to see more creative uses of renders, toon shading isn't the only style we can produce other than photorealism, etc.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Anything which can't be done currently. Whether that's a graphical style or something that changes the gameplay, I don't mind.

I hear people talking about claymation like we see in the Pikmin models, and that sort of thing would be great. I'm not sure if it's even possible, but it'd be nice to see more original looking games, like the first cell shaded titles however many years ago.

I'm pretty much looking forward to all Nintendo titles, simply because there's going to be some new control styles, in a DS fashion. They might be stupid and not work out, but anything different gets me excited.

bogg

Other than Nintendo games (im a Nintendo whore), and the revolution and what it will be, im really looking forword to Epic's new game (the one running on Unreal 3 engine), Digital Extreme's Dark Sector, and F.E.A.R.

F-Zerooooo! (lose the snaking crap, custom track editor)

Mario platformer (Mushroom Kingdom, skill based, lots of Nintendo charm please)

Metroid (bigger rooms I guess, better enemy AI)

Halo (required 60 fps, that's about all my hopes for improvments)

Grand Theft Auto (gigantic draw distance)

Viewtiful Joe (more save points please)

MoxManiac

New Dynasty Warriors, with hundreds of guys onscreen, no slowdown at all, with much better envrioments.

That would be virtual sex.

dorio

Banned
1.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm still waiting for my Magic Carpet sequel...whoever owns the property at this point. The scale of environmental deformation that those games offered has rarely been seen since and I'd love to see more accurate materials simulation become prominent next gen.

User 406

Banned
DYNASTY WARRIORS!

What I'd like to see based on improved graphics power:

- Ability to see troops fighting clear across the battlefield if on a high vantage point.

- Persistant corpses, I want to make a mountain of my dead foes. :D It would also be interesting for gameplay if the amount of corpses in a particular area could affect the morale of troops that came near, depending on whose corpses they were.

- Eating corpses to gain intrinsics WTF NO BAD MANKY

"That Zhuge Liang corpse tasted terrible! -More- You feel wise! -More-"

Top Bottom