• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which side or main characters really need killing off in their respective games?

NanaMiku

Haven't met that one yet, true.
Every other one so far though (In all of X1, X2 and all of what I've played of 3) has been horrible and taken the game down a notch.
And yeah I know they aren't going anywhere. Japan loves their annoying furry mascot characters

repeat this food thing for every chapter lol

I'm not necessarily against this but not just so he can go out like a bitch Han Solo style. More like he puts it on the line as his last move at the end of a game.
Make him a badass. I’m sure it’ll be great for sales.

But I’m also interested in a Halo where there is no Master Chief. I think it could have potential, but also could be the right time just to end the franchise on a high note.

Hudo

Let me put it this way: I would accept the bad combat and writing in a future God of War game if I just get to kill Atreus. I wanna rip that little shit in half.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
latest

Just set it on fire and be done with it.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Haven't met that one yet, true.
Every other one so far though (In all of X1, X2 and all of what I've played of 3) has been horrible and taken the game down a notch.
And yeah I know they aren't going anywhere. Japan loves their annoying furry mascot characters
Tatsu from Xenoblade X is the worst one of all. There’s like an hour worth of “Tatsu looks like a potato so let’s eat him HA HA!!” cutscenes. Just the same joke over and over in every chapter.

Saber

Lady Masako -Ghost of Tsushima
20102.png

The most annoying and disrespectful sidecharacter I've experienced.

I couldn't believe my eyes when Jin spared her after their fight.

I honestly was ok with her and the revenge plot. Until she tried to kill me(and she will if you fail). I wish I had the option to kill her, I hate characters that tries to kill you and the story doesn't allow to get revenge.

Trilobit

I honestly was ok with her and the revenge plot. Until she tried to kill me(and she will if you fail). I wish I had the option to kill her, I hate characters that tries to kill you and the story doesn't allow to get revenge.
That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Especially as he had
killed his best friend before that for betraying him.
I don't think I've ever felt that kind of murderous lust in a game before, much because she was so incredibly difficult to beat and killed me ten times. I honestly think the player should have been able to choose her fate lol.

Last edited:
yup, and the kid's death could give kratos an excuse to go full retard again
Honestly, doesn't like a half bad set up and character development.

There's some irony in that we've reached a point where the community manages to brainstorm more interesting and compelling story arches than what a presumably AAA studio would do. I'm willing to bet there's zero people in SSM right now that have the guts to go through with a proposal like this.

Top Bottom