• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

Darkone

I have played WC1 but stoped playing at some point becuase it was too easy and a few annoying bugs.
is there any diffreance from the WC1 version that comes with WC2?

Momo

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
Yeah, I doubt it will, or else it would have already been done....
Plus there is very little GAF interest, plus no NA marketing will lead to next to nothing in sales unfortunately. Despite some really general faults with WKC, The game is a lot of fun and has a really good story.
We could at least organize a group of people from GAF to play? None of my friends are getting this sadly :/

Persona7

Banned
Shouta said:
Has some gameplay enhancements. Story is still just as boring though.
I liked what I played of the original...I never got far in it though and I lost the game.

Anyone have a list of changes from the original to the "remastered" version on the sequel?

Cornbread78

Persona7 said:
I liked what I played of the original...I never got far in it though and I lost the game.

Anyone have a list of changes from the original to the "remastered" version on the sequel?

Darkone said:
I have played WC1 but stoped playing at some point becuase it was too easy and a few annoying bugs.
is there any diffreance from the WC1 version that comes with WC2?

I searched through the OP and online impressions and the only difference is the gameplay was sped up and changed to mimic that of WKC2. The story, world map and everything else is unchanged. I wonder if they worked those other bugs out?

Kambing

I just received an email from Amazon saying that an order of mine has shipped, and i was like "WTF?" Turns out its WKC2. Shit, it is going to be here tomorrow -_-.

Anyone else order the game from Amazon or plan on getting the game tomorrow? I enjoyed WKC1 so hopefully 2 is good. I lost my WKC1 save, does that mean i have to play through it again? I remember reading something about that.

Lain

Kambing said:
I lost my WKC1 save, does that mean i have to play through it again? I remember reading something about that.
No. You can start directly from 2, you get asked to choose at the start.

Kambing

Lain said:
No. You can start directly from 2, you get asked to choose at the start.

Thanks for answering! I remember reading that you HAD to have a WKC1 save to start WKC2. I thought my line of thinking was off. Oh well, can't wait till tomorrow.

EDIT: Just read through a page in this thread and people are saying that a lot of it feels like "copy paste" from WKC1. Shit, i hope this does not end up being a disappointment -_-

Lain

Kambing said:
Thanks for answering! I remember reading that you HAD to have a WKC1 save to start WKC2. I thought my line of thinking was off. Oh well, can't wait till tomorrow.
Yes, the JPN release needed the save file, but they fixed that up for the EU/US releases so people are free to play whichever they prefer.

Seventy5

Momo said:
We could at least organize a group of people from GAF to play? None of my friends are getting this sadly :/
Count me in for this! I will even make a GAF text chat on PSN for those who want to join. Add me on PSN or msg me here and I'll invite you.

xxczx

LTTP, I picked up WKC1 yesterday and this game is amazing, reminds me of FF12.

I wish I had picked up WKC2 instead, since that has both games but they didn't have any in store but I can't complain it was only £12.

Cornbread78

I just got my text when Gamestop opened that they had my copy of WKC2 in....I will have to give it a ride online Sat, night.

Did they let people keep their same villege from the Geonet that they had in WKC1?

ShikaTheReaper said:
Is the second game just as short as the first?
More or less, but I've all but forgotten about the single player now after getting into the online. The single player only exists as tutorial as far as I'm concerned.
Cornbread78 said:
Did they let people keep their same villege from the Geonet that they had in WKC1?
I never played WKC1, but I can access villages people made during the original, so I presume they're transferable.

Seventy5

Cornbread78 said:
I just got my text when Gamestop opened that they had my copy of WKC2 in....I will have to give it a ride online Sat, night.

If you import your save you keep everything you had but your level is reset to 35. You get 200 skill points to distribute also, so you can respec from the get go.

I'm about an hour into the campaign for 2 and I love the battle changes. I don't remember any indicator in the first game telling you when you hit an enemy with an attack type that it's weak to, so that's awesome. The combat feels just a touch slower than say WoW, but it's sped up quite a bit from the original. The attack ring being full when you enter combat is really nice too. And getting all the resources from a node with one "farm" attempt is great too. I thought this game would hold me over until Dark Souls, but I think the online will be good enough to keep playing it for a while.

One gripe: you have to get to a certain point into the story before you can play online again. I guess it gives me time to get used to my skills and stuff again, but still woulda been nice to go questing right off the bat.

OgTheClever said:
More or less, but I've all but forgotten about the single player now after getting into the online. The single player only exists as tutorial as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmm damn. I still might pick it up later even though i don't plan on playing it online. Big Red has scarred me from wanting to play online.

If the disc has both WKC1 and WKC2 on it, why can't I just play WKC1 on this disc with my current save? My only choices appear to be either import my save, yet have everyone reset to level 1, or start the entire game over. Am I missing something? My WKC1 save is from the middle of the game, i.e. I did not complete it.

xxczx

Arpeggio23 said:
If the disc has both WKC1 and WKC2 on it, why can't I just play WKC1 on this disc with my current save? My only choices appear to be either import my save, yet have everyone reset to level 1, or start the entire game over. Am I missing something? My WKC1 save is from the middle of the game, i.e. I did not complete it.
WKC on the WKCII disc is the remastered version, so IIRC it has new skills as well as old skills removed so that's probably a reason why.

creid

Arpeggio23 said:
I believe you need an endgame save to carry your experience over.

Cornbread78

Seventy5 said:
If you import your save you keep everything you had but your level is reset to 35. You get 200 skill points to distribute also, so you can respec from the get go.

I'm about an hour into the campaign for 2 and I love the battle changes. I don't remember any indicator in the first game telling you when you hit an enemy with an attack type that it's weak to, so that's awesome. The combat feels just a touch slower than say WoW, but it's sped up quite a bit from the original. The attack ring being full when you enter combat is really nice too. And getting all the resources from a node with one "farm" attempt is great too. I thought this game would hold me over until Dark Souls, but I think the online will be good enough to keep playing it for a while.

One gripe: you have to get to a certain point into the story before you can play online again. I guess it gives me time to get used to my skills and stuff again, but still woulda been nice to go questing right off the bat.

Is it worth playing through a NG+ of WKC before jumping into 2? I never finished my NG+ quest, so I left a lot of items on the table, ya know...

creid said:
I believe you need an endgame save to carry your experience over.

Well, that's ridiculous.

Is the multiplayer experience in WKC2 tied to the multiplayer in WKC1 at all? In other words, if you just play multiplayer in WKC2, will you have access to all the quests and areas from WKC1 multiplayer also, or are they completely separate experiences?

Shadow780

I checked PS3trophies.org there's one trophy relating to WKC1, do I need to beat WKC1 in this game or I just need an endgame save from WKC1?

Toki767

Cheska said:
I thought more people would be playing this today :(
Probably doesn't help that the servers between the US and EU are not connected. So EU players need the US copy if they want to play with US players or vice versa.

Shadow780 said:
I checked PS3trophies.org there's one trophy relating to WKC1, do I need to beat WKC1 in this game or I just need an endgame save from WKC1?
I believe doing either will activate the trophy.

frequency

I would be playing but Amazon.ca (Canada) is slow with shipping things. Most games I order don't get shipped until 1-5 days after release date. Then it takes like 3 days to get to me.

If you carry over your WKC1 save, do you get to customize your character again? I'd like to change abilities/appearance if I can.

Also, I have a bit of a sporadic schedule but I'd love to play with GAF when/if the chance comes up.

stolin

Mine just shipped from Amazon.ca so I'll be starting later this week.

I played WKC fully through to Platinum & GR15, so I'll be starting from the last endgame with all my gear & stock items ready for more forging.

If anyone is going to play and give a serious effort send me a PM. I'm sure there will be a few of the original WKC GR15s returning that I have in my friends list as well.

klee123

Personally I still prefer WKC1's battle system more. WKC2 becomes a skill spamfest which also results to the battle system too reliant on mp and it really screws over every class with the exception of bow.

I prefer wkc1's system where you build up your AC gauge to do combos and every skill has vastly different properties which regards to damage and recovery time.

Ricker

You guys are absolutly sure they changed it and we can jump right in to II now,even if 1 is included? I got halfway through 1 and got stuck in a dungeon and never could finish it,I was enjoying it enough and I sold the game last month....I might pick it up tomorrow if that`s the case...

klee123

Ricker said:
You guys are absolutly sure they changed it and we can jump right in to II now,even if 1 is included? I got halfway though 1 and got stuck in a dungeon and never could finish it,I was enjoying it enough and I sold the game last month....I might pick it up tomorrow if that`s the case...

Yes, you can choose to start WKC2 at level 35.

zlatko

Banned
Wow this comes out today? Jesus what fuck awful marketing. Even word of mouth is missing on this.

I played WKC1, completed it, spent a good amount of time online, but the grind set in far too quickly and so did the repetition. What's the overall word on WKC2 from Japanese players? Is it still super grindy and super repetitive? Is there variety in the quests online? Did they add more character customization in the character creator?

Also, if I import my WKC1 save(I assume you can do this?), do I get the option to recreate what my character looks like ?

Cheska

K.Sabot said:
Was the story any good in WKC 1?

It's always been one of those games that was under my radar.

It's very cliche, but I found myself oddly enamored by everything and found it quite enjoyable.

Cheska said:
It's very cliche, but I found myself oddly enamored by everything and found it quite enjoyable.
I totally agree. While the story wasn't totally originally, I really enjoyed it regardless. Enjoyed many of the story sequences, like the soundtrack, transformations into the knight, etc.

I got my copy today....plan to start it after I finish 1-2 games.

Volcynika

I know the vocal opening/ending tracks are awesome. Though I think they might have reused them for 2? Or something? Not sure.

Will have to hold off on the game though.

There is a vocal track in one of the battles in the story of 2, which is probably the most enjoyable fight of the game. It was the one time in the single player where I could honestly say "this is awesome!".

Jigsaw

Banned
Volcynika said:
I know the vocal opening/ending tracks are awesome. Though I think they might have reused them for 2? Or something? Not sure.

Will have to hold off on the game though.

no,2 has new vocal songs but they suck horribly in english

There is a vocal track in one of the battles in the story of 2, which is probably the most enjoyable fight of the game. It was the one time in the single player where I could honestly say "this is awesome!".

i sat there laughing because it was too much awesomeness,but the battle itself was terrible (instant game over if only
one of your knights goes down,while in normal game they would just return back to their human form)

Travado

Shadow780 said:

If you start playing White Knight 2, this trophy will appear automatically, you don't need to beat the first one to have this trophy.

Jigsaw said:
i sat there laughing because it was too much awesomeness,but the battle itself was terrible (instant game over if only
one of your knights goes down,while in normal game they would just return back to their human form)
Yeah I guess
it would be frustrating if you weren't properly set up for the fight (don't have full knight weapon and armour upgrades etc.) and had to replay it loads. Thankfully I managed to beat it after a couple of attempts, by ganging up on the Black Knight first, switching ally to heal constantly and spamming hp and mp pots when necessary.

I wasn't gonna let that fight get the better of me after the horror that was Brimflamme!

Seventy5

Toki767 said:
Does the circle still fill up depending on how heavy your armor is?

I'm pretty sure it does, but even with medium armor on mine is still filling up much quicker than the first game. The battles are actually pretty fun. I was gathering up old school EverQuest style trains and fighting like 8 mobs at a time and it was pretty challenging. Loving the game so far...I just wish I knew where to farm some steel ore in the first area. I'm having a hard time beating the first boss without one of the NPCs dying.

Top Bottom