• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

Ashodin

Toki767 said:
Does the circle still fill up depending on how heavy your armor is?
The circles fill up crazy fast. Chaining attacks and taking on enemies is much more fun than the first game.

I didn't finish the first one so going through it again is hilariously AWESOME because the changes are incredible.

Lain

Man, I can't believe the US release got all the hair DLC "on release", wile in EU they still aren't available (at least on the Italian store they aren't)!

Shouta

Toki767 said:
Does the circle still fill up depending on how heavy your armor is?

As I recall, yes but the general speed of the game has been greatly increased. Heavier armor didn't feel that much slower than the lighter stuff but provided better overall protection as I recall.

Cornbread78

Man, I can't wait to give this game a ride this weekend! I have to work the rest of the week, but I should be on late Sat. night to reinhabit my town. I think I'm going to play through the NG+ of WKC first though, so I can remember everything going on in the story.

Speaking of story, everyone here has pretty much nailed it, very very cliche' story, but still very addictive and fun to watch. I cna't wait to get into the 2nd one and I hope the game sells well enough for them to complete the trilogy this was supposed to be.

Ashodin

Shouta said:
As I recall, yes but the general speed of the game has been greatly increased. Heavier armor didn't feel that much slower than the lighter stuff but provided better overall protection as I recall.
And it feels AWESOMEEEEEEE

Shouta said:

i don't recall if this was in the first game, but heavy armor also provides much better protection from knock-backs.

Ricker

Speaking of price,I wanted to pick this up today but it`s one of those 69 bucks game up here in Canada, out of principle,I never will buy a game at that price anymore(yeah I know it`s like 2 game but still),so waiting to find it cheaper.

Pyrrhus

For some reason I'm playing WKC1 again on WKC2 because I lost my original PS3 to a yellow light incident last year. Does WKC2 look any different than WKC1 in terms of models, performance, etc.?

Seventy5

Pyrrhus said:
For some reason I'm playing WKC1 again on WKC2 because I lost my original PS3 to a yellow light incident last year. Does WKC2 look any different than WKC1 in terms of models, performance, etc.?
The graphics seem cleaner and crisper to me. Granted, I'm playing on a 1080p LCD and I played the first game on a HD CRT, but it def seems a bit better looking to me. Anyone know when new Free Missions open up?

Does WKC 1 have trophies in the dual Pack? Man i would love that.

Also, what carries over if anything if you start a new save on WKC 2 with a clear save from 1?

klee123

Pyrrhus said:

The character models also had a bit of an upgrade. Yulie for example looks much better in new version compared to the first. Some in game story scenes with her looked amazing.

Tbh though, I never thought WKC was a "bad" looking game. Sure it looks a bit plain in the art side of things, but I personally thought it looked very competant graphically.

Pyrrhus

I actually like the art style pretty well. Old school anime like the stuff from the 16-bit era with a nice meat and potatoes story to match. But the textures are pretty low res and the screen tears pretty heavily in most of the outdoor areas. Nice to hear WKC2 spruces things up a little bit.

Ashodin

Gamer @ Heart said:

Also, what carries over if anything if you start a new save on WKC 2 with a clear save from 1?
WKC1 also has trophies bro. I'm totally running through BOTH games.

Cheska

Gamer @ Heart said:

It does but I wouldn't expect to get very many without grinding for hundreds of hours :(

Momo said:
So how does one initiate multiplayer/get to the point where one can MP?
The very first time if I remember is
after you get the knight and are about to leave Balandor on the main journey.

Hey, does anybody know what DLC is supposed to already be on the US disk? Is it some real content such as the avatar story line, or just trivial and useless things like free knight hats that we got a couple of weeks ago? Anyway the real DLC that I'm looking forward to is the stuff that Japan's got through patches, such as the guild system and combat balancing (e.g. longsword stronger and bow nerfed). Japan have also got an increase in max level and GR, from lvl 80 to lvl 85 and GR 30 to GR 40. GR 30 equipment is also available, an upgrade from the GR 26 stuff we have currently. Not that I'm ever gonna get that far, I'm still languishing at GR 19...

Cornbread78

OgTheClever said:
The very first time if I remember is
after you get the knight and are about to leave Balandor on the main journey.

Hey, does anybody know what DLC is supposed to already be on the US disk? Is it some real content such as the avatar story line, or just trivial and useless things like free knight hats that we got a couple of weeks ago? Anyway the real DLC that I'm looking forward to is the stuff that Japan's got through patches, such as the guild system and combat balancing (e.g. longsword stronger and bow nerfed). Japan have also got an increase in max level and GR, from lvl 80 to lvl 85 and GR 30 to GR 40. GR 30 equipment is also available, an upgrade from the GR 26 stuff we have currently. Not that I'm ever gonna get that far, I'm still languishing at GR 19...

Say what, free items? Where do I sign up? Are those the same as we got for free for
pre-ordering the game?

Gamer @ Heart said:

Yeah, the WKC1 trophies are in there, but like was said previously, it's about a 550-700hour platinum, like SO3. I played to GR10 online and played through the main story of WKC1 and only got to 8% of the trophies. my buddy put in the 600+ hours for platinum, but I'd never..... LOL.

Cornbread78 said:
Say what, free items? Where do I sign up? Are those the same as we got for free for
pre-ordering the game?
You can download them from the EU PSN store. They're just pointless incorruptus helms with poor stats that can be worn on your characters. I expect they're probably included with the US disc, but I'm wondering if they got anything else as well.

Seventy5

Cheska said:
Was anyone else who didnt transfer a save over getting completely whooped on in the Lost Woods area?
Even if you transfer your character the Lost Woods is pretty tough, unless you had like uber gear from the first game. I played the shit out of WKC1 and I still got murdered a few times on the first boss battle. If you're still having a hard time, make sure you set Yulie to heal first, and I really recommend going to Geonet, hopping into a village and buying 30 Mana Potion IIIs and then giving each of your party members 10, and as many Revive Potions as you can afford. The next area is even tougher, especially until you figure out what type of attack to use on 3 enemies, 2 of which can't be hurt until you use something on them...

Cornbread78

Seventy5 said:
Even if you transfer your character the Lost Woods is pretty tough, unless you had like uber gear from the first game. I played the shit out of WKC1 and I still got murdered a few times on the first boss battle. If you're still having a hard time, make sure you set Yulie to heal first, and I really recommend going to Geonet, hopping into a village and buying 30 Mana Potion IIIs and then giving each of your party members 10, and as many Revive Potions as you can afford. The next area is even tougher, especially until you figure out what type of attack to use on 3 enemies, 2 of which can't be hurt until you use something on them...

Oh, sounds like they upped the difficulty a little bit in the game, which is very nice indeed. I really can't wait to give it a rides after I play through WKC again with teh new game mechanics. Everything should be a 1 hit kill for the first few chapters anyhow....

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I forgot this was coming out this month, and my gaming budget for September, October, and November is already tapped.

I have to buy two copies, which is a primary reason why I can't snag it just yet. It's a double edged sword having a gaming spouse.

I'll see if I can squeeze in picking up the games in between Batman: Arkham City, and Uncharted 3. I might be able to budget an additional $120 bucks for WKC2. Glad to hear that it's improved over the original in the game play department.

Toki767

I'll probably hold off on this and get it when Best Buy or Toys R Us have their yearly buy 2 get 1 free sale. Definitely tempted to just go to the store and grab this though.

Cheska

Seventy5 said:

Phew, I'm relived to hear it's not just me then. I seriously can't even make it to the first boss without getting overwhelmed by the enemies. I guess I should just grind for a bit near the save point until I'm at an adequate level to proceed.

I've got an import save and am using it but i really dont feel like going through the item storage to re-equip my characters when i dont even know which armor wen ton who. sucks they un equipped everyone.

Cheska said:
Was anyone else who didnt transfer a save over getting completely whooped on in the Lost Woods area?

I transferred a save but I was still surprised at the enemies in the Lost Woods. High Treants AND Cerberus?

DAMN.

WTF? This is out now? The hell?

Is it better than the first? I need an rpg to play so badly and since I got Zavvi'd and no Xenoblade is coming this looks like a nice substitute.

I remember sort of liking the first until I died and just never went back to play it...I also think Uncharted 2 or some other game came out right after that.

Ashodin

Knux-Future said:
WTF? This is out now? The hell?

Is it better than the first? I need an rpg to play so badly and since I got Zavvi'd and no Xenoblade is coming this looks like a nice substitute.

I remember sort of liking the first until I died and just never went back to play it...I also think Uncharted 2 or some other game came out right after that.
Yeah dude, this game is rocking my face right now, I'm already caught up to where I stopped last time because of tired boredom (battles taking FOREVER) - and I'm absolutely STOKED...

zurra

can you change your avatar's appearance when you import them into WKC2? or are you stuck with the old design (unless you can buy an appearance change ticket again)?

Kyudo

Neo Member
zurra said:
can you change your avatar's appearance when you import them into WKC2? or are you stuck with the old design (unless you can buy an appearance change ticket again)?
You get to remake your character if you want.

klee123

Cornbread78 said:
I'm pretty much buyin git tomorrow for SP. I highly enjoyed MP with some buddies, and random players (great online comunity btw!) but it was not worth the 600-700 hour grind for a platinum trophy!

I just got R3, so I'll be on that mostly, but I'll definately be online with this late on Sat. as well.

Can't wait....

Oh quick question. Can I play through a New Game+ with my WKC save before I playthrough WKC again?

You should be able to, even though your level changes, your equipment and GR should remain the same.

Cheska

TheChillyAcademic said:
I transferred a save but I was still surprised at the enemies in the Lost Woods. High Treants AND Cerberus?

DAMN.

Yeah, it definitely took me by surprise. Any tips to get through that area or recommended level to be at?

Machine

Cheska said:
Yeah, it definitely took me by surprise. Any tips to get through that area or recommended level to be at?

When I transferred over my save, it dropped me to level 35. That has been fine so far. I am a bit rusty though so I had to transform to deal with the large enemies. In the first game, I got to the point where I could deal with them without having to transform.

klee123

The tip with wkc2 is to find the enemy's weakness.

There are 3 physical attributes in wkc1/2 which are:

Slash
Strike
Pierce

Besides a few enemies, the majority of them have a weakness to one of the attributes. Each weapon class have various skills for each of the attributes and it's a simple matter of using the right type of skill which the enemy is weak to.

Eventually, you'll want to start taking avantage of the enemy's elemental weakness as well. However that involves you carrying a set of 5 weapons. 1 Physical and 4 elemental.

Also, in wkc2, MP is very important. It's a good idea to try to learn all the passives skills of each class which provide stat bonuses.

Cheska

Machine said:
When I transferred over my save, it dropped me to level 35. That has been fine so far. I am a bit rusty though so I had to transform to deal with the large enemies. In the first game, I got to the point where I could deal with them without having to transform.

Yeah, I barely had to transform in the original.

klee123 said:

Slash
Strike
Pierce

Besides a few enemies, the majority of them have a weakness to one of the attributes. Each weapon class have various skills for each of the attributes and it's a simple matter of using the right type of skill which the enemy is weak to.

Eventually, you'll want to start taking avantage of the enemy's elemental weakness as well. However that involves you carrying a set of 5 weapons. 1 Physical and 4 elemental.

Also, in wkc2, MP is very important. It's a good idea to try to learn all the passives skills of each class which provide stat bonuses.

Yeah, I've already been exploiting their weaknesses. I guess it's just a matter of getting back into the groove of things.

Ashodin

klee123 said:

Slash
Strike
Pierce

Listen to this man. It's a good idea.

why is the first boss so ridiculous, and then theres no save points in the area before-_-

I almost kill him but the guest characters die and it's gameover, this is so frustrating.

Cornbread78

NightHawk17 said:
why is the first boss so ridiculous, and then theres no save points in the area before-_-

I almost kill him but the guest characters die and it's gameover, this is so frustrating.

Not too bad considering all teh complaints on how easy the first one is.

another quick question before I dig into this game this weekend:

- If you are playign through WKC2 on a NG+ from the first, can you carry over all your stats and weapons from the first, or do you start over at lvl 1?

You keep all your weapons, armors, items, binding mats, Guild rank, binding rank, gold.. i think everything.
it bumps you down to level 35 and wipes your skills but they give you 200 points to put anywhere you want though.

Cornbread78

SpiderJerusalem said:
You keep all your weapons, armors, items, binding mats, Guild rank, binding rank, gold.. i think everything.
it bumps you down to level 35 and wipes your skills but they give you 200 points to put anywhere you want though.

Sweet, thanks. That is pretty awesome, a true continuation...

SkylineRKR

If you finish part 1 below 35, it will bump you up.

WKC2 has some really hard bosses, don't think you'll sail through as easily this time. I finally had to build a mage in my party and nuke the shit out of enemies for crowd control. I never used a mage over the course of WKC1.

Carry more than one weapon, not only for elemental attributes but they can also break. And carry MP potions! Skills will also cost MP this time, which is far better than vanilla WKC1 where it cost AC chips.

Most strong enemies are weak to Thrust or Strike. So invest in 2h swords and Axes skills. Heavy armor is recommended as well, knockdowns suck.

Don't make combos for pactmakers, save their AC for something else.

Cornbread78

SkylineRKR said:
If you finish part 1 below 35, it will bump you up.

WKC2 has some really hard bosses, don't think you'll sail through as easily this time. I finally had to build a mage in my party and nuke the shit out of enemies for crowd control. I never used a mage over the course of WKC1.

Carry more than one weapon, not only for elemental attributes but they can also break. And carry MP potions! Skills will also cost MP this time, which is far better than vanilla WKC1 where it cost AC chips.

Most strong enemies are weak to Thrust or Strike. So invest in 2h swords and Axes skills. Heavy armor is recommended as well, knockdowns suck.

Don't make combos for pactmakers, save their AC for something else.

Good tips, thanks....

Pyrrhus

My wife and I both like this game in single player and we both played the original WKC 1 in multiplayer on our own profiles. But I think I heard something about only getting one online pass with WKC2. Does this mean only one of us will be able to go online unless we pay a ridiculous fee to buy a second online pass?

Top Bottom