• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Battleborn has been my GOTY (thus far)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Great post, and a great game. I like the variety of characters as well as their abilities. I wonder if it would've done better if it didn't release in the same time frame as Overwatch?

elyetis

Spent around 20h on it so I'm not too disapointed. If my friends had bought it too I would probably had played it far much more. I might even do so this weekend, see how things evolved.
My biggest problem at the release were :
- the balance, as much as people were trying to defend it, things like playing against a good Galilea was simply unfun
- matchmaking.. I think I never saw that many one sided game, even in games like fractured space were there is only like 100 player connected at a time; add to that people disconnecting and... it wasn't a nice result.
- Unlocking character isn't much of a issue, but not fond of it
- I don't like the item/drop system, make the balance even harder, and it's mostly reward playing the campaign wich I didn't like.

SirNinja

what are the odds to see this game as a f2p ?

In two months, this went from $60 to being in a $15 bundle with 10+ other games.

The question is not 'will it happen'. The question is how soon it happens. After that, it becomes a question of how long a significant number of people bother with it.

game is good, but i payed aaa price for a game with skin microtransaction in the end?
thanks but no thanks...
not giving them a single dime :)

Since its not specifically pointed out, don't forget the current humble bundle on PC lets you get Battleborn and a TON of other games for $15
https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-games-bundle

The bundle ends in 3 days so you don't have much time. Personally I think Mafia 2, Spec Ops, and Borderlands Pre Sequel more than make the bundle worth $15.

It does suck though for anyone who bought the game 2 months ago for $60, to see the game basically so cheap on the humble bundle.

I tried the beta and just found it too overwhelming with colors and stuff to look at being thrown at you non stop. Also wasn't a huge fan of the humor style.

At this point I have way too many multiplayer games to ever really juggle between them, so a game has to be really something special or interesting for me to want to add it to the mix. Great OP, but I just can't see playing. I even bought the Humble bundle but a tier below, since I already own Borderlands Pre Sequel so the extra $8 for battleborn didn't seem worth it.

Pookmunki

It's an unfairly shit on game that launched at the wrong time from everyone's least favourite developer.

Taken for what it is, not the circumstances around its release, I find it a fun and varied shooter that has taken my attention more than I expected.

A pleasant surprise, hopefully the incoming Dlc will extend its life (support)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I picked it up from the Humble Bundle and I've been having a good time with it so far. I haven't done any PVP yet, but the story missions have been quite enjoyable and very reminiscent of Borderlands quests and raids or even Destiny Strikes with the added benefit of being able to use 25+ characters. Just that alone will probably keep me busy for a long time.

I may try out the PVP, but apparently right now new players jumping into PVP on PC are just getting torn apart by premade groups that are all level 100 and have the best gear.

I took a look at the activity on Steam and it's hovering around 2k which is apparently much better than what it was 2 weeks ago.

People may want to wait for the inevitable FTP, but I'm definitely not complaining about dropping $15 on it.

It's not a bad game at all. It's really unfortunate the timing in which it was released though. Karma might've finally caught up to Gearbox

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It took evolve like a year didnt it?

And within a month it's started to bleed players again. So... I mean, yeah: 2K could pimp this out as F2P like dEvolve, but like that one: It might not gain traction a second time.

To be honest: I'm not in the market for an MOBA-FPS. Overwatch has gotten stale fast because of said MOBA elements (the skills and cool downs) for me. I steered clear of Battlebomba because of that + Gearbox. Well not necessarily Gearbox per se, but Randy Pitchford in particular and his attitude and general demeanor toward fans and treating a Duke3D porter like shit.

So, I mean: Even if it goes F2P I'm certainly not going to be one to check it out. And knowing a few people that hate Gearbox like me due to Pitchford, I'm not alone in that thinking.

Alex

I've burnt myself out to an extreme degree on anything MOBA so I'll probably never play it but I have always liked the design on the woman with all of the rapiers. For a game that catches a lot of guff about character design I think she looks very cool.

hydruxo

I look at your post and you make good point and the game does seem to have strong points but he interface and visual and overall design are just beyond bad to me. It took me a minute on the helix screen to read stuff. It's just so confusing and small I don't even imagine navigating through all these.

Yeah this is how I feel too. I love the art style in Borderlands but Battleborn's just gives me a headache.

As for the game itself, I haven't played it since the alpha but I do have friends who enjoy the game so I wouldn't mind trying it out at some point. Can't see myself paying more than 10 bucks for it though.

delSai

I really like this game too, it's not my GOTY, but man it's a lot of fun. I'm glad i bought it and cant wait to jump back into it once i got some other games out of the way.

daedalius

Doom is my GOTY so far, but I have to admit I've played a lot more of the battleborn MOBA mode than anything else.

I love the game, great in depth post. The matchmaking is super snappy on xbone!

You ever see a game, where you're sure it's a good game, but there's just something about it you just didn't like that made you not want to play it?

Spoony, in a video, mentions this with Final Fantasy 9, and I agree in that the character designs just ruined the game for me despite knowing how good it is.

That's just where I'm at with Battleborn.
Lots of what it has sounds neat. It really does. I'd probably love it in a different package.

battleborn.jpg

But I just can't get over how much I dislike the character designs. The only one I sorta like is the rapier girl. The rest are just either unappealing or straight up ugly to me.

Every day I saw the poster in gamestop, I just said to myself "I don't like any of this"

I totally get it's subjective too. But for me it made me stay away. With these MOBA-style games, characters are important and I just couldn't get behind these ones.

Time will be kind to Battleborn. The different character mechanics and overall depth is genuinely impressive. There will be smart/dedicated people around to appreciate it.

If you can get past the ugly there is a very strong MOBA.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good for you.

And im not even being a dick or dismissive, I am legitimately saying good for you. Like what you like. I grow increasingly more tired of Gaf's social pressure of what games you should enjoy. Its a internet problem in general but I always felt it was less prevalent on Gaf, maybe not.

Am friends with OP, can confirm he's not a bot

Thanks Silver, a few others here have played with me too, on Siege, Uncharted, or Battleborn itself. Indeed, I am not a bot or viral marketing campaigner.

Just curious, have you played anything other than Battleborn and Overwatch this year?

The big ones I've bought have been Doom, Overwatch, Battleborn, Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Xrd, Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Dark Souls 3 alongside a load of smaller and or indy titles. For me it's a close call between this and Uncharted 4, as I really like both of these games. For comparisons sake, my favourite games this gen have been Rainbow Six Siege, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Rocket League.

Significantly, I tend to value MP focused games more than anything else, as SP games don't tend to grip me so much anymore. So that narrows it down to just a few (OW, Battleborn, UC4 and PVZGW2 mostly). Uncharted 4 was my GOTY until I found myself spending more and more time on BB, but I still play a good deal of UC4. :)

Good for you.

And im not even being a dick or dismissive, I am legitimately saying good for you. Like what you like. I grow increasingly more tired of Gaf's social pressure of what games you should enjoy. Its a internet problem in general but I always felt it was less prevalent on Gaf, maybe not.

Thanks man.

Honestly, I have to admit that originally I liked OW a bit more than Battleborn, possibly because it took a few patches to get BB into shape, but also possibly because of all the hype surrounding Overwatch. I like them both significantly, but BB has been the one where I've been thinking about gameplay and strategy when not playing the game. It's a lot of fun for me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Good OP but the game came out just at the wrong damned time. They had a perfect storm for an asskicking by Overwatch, even when the 2 are not the same genre gameplay wise.

I like the game for what it is, but what irritated me to no end was having to wait for servers to connect when playing single player shit. I get why they did it with how data is also used for MP progression, but goddamn what a bad idea it was to implement.

Due to that I stopped playing SP and wandered off to something else. Might go back if the patched that shit out so the game stops trying to communicate with the servers when starting SP games.

FoxSpirit

You want Battleborn? Together with some premium currency? For little money? Always had an itch for Spec Ops:The Line? Wanted to check the glorious disaster of Duke Nukem Forever? Still don't have Civ V? Mafia II and Darkness II sound inetersting? You are SO in luck for the next 3 days!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-games-bundle

15 bucks and all of that is yours. Even waiting for a Steam sale won't be better.

I got it in the Humble Bundle.

I played an hour of Battleborn, followed up by an hour of Duke Nukem Forever. And somehow, I had more fun playing Duke Nukem.

I am now thoroughly convinced that Battleborn is the worst modern shooter ever created. Yes, beating out other vaunted Gearbox classic Borderlands. I have no idea how a company who makes pretty much nothing but shooters cannot make a satisfying shooting engine. Everything feels limp, weak, and messy. The UI is a mess, the map design is horrifying, the game hardly explains on how it works, and nothing feels right. It's a Gearbox shooter in every single way; Sloppy, unpolished, and floaty.

Agreed, OP. Never expected to love it, but I do. Really got me hooked.

It takes time to filter the choices, the visual noise, the design. Dismissing it after an hour is too early. Thoroughly enjoyable game.

I've not played any battleborn but it will always be pretty interesting that its failure will always be associated with Overwatch despite not having much in common besides being a first person team game.

It almost seems like a gut reaction to talk about the other when talking about one.

Only Battleborn players talk about Overwatch though. Overwatch players are happily enjoying their preferred game. Battleborn players on the other hand are constantly complaining about how gamers/gaming media/the world unfairly compared Overwatch to Battleborn and how the marketing was bad and how their preferred game would have done better if Overwatch had released later/earlier.

It's kind of fascinating to watch how the Battleborn community tries to pin the failure of the game on Overwatch instead of it's inability to stand on it's own two feet.

Menome

Fully agree. I mean I should, I made the rather
#ShamelessPlug
beautiful OP after all: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213637

I've not played much of it the past couple of weeks due to my friends and I jumping into Neverwinter, but it's still a perfect game to just hop on and play a match whenever you feel like it, as well as having evenings dedicated to it. It's the first game to grab me in the same way since Rocket League last year.

Only Battleborn players talk about Overwatch though. Overwatch players are happily enjoying their preferred game. Battleborn players on the other hand are constantly complaining about how gamers/gaming media/the world unfairly compared Overwatch to Battleborn and how the marketing was bad and how their preferred game would have done better if Overwatch had released later/earlier.

It's kind of fascinating to watch how the Battleborn community tries to pin the failure of the game on Overwatch instead of it's inability to stand on it's own two feet.

If we go by GAF, seems people are perfectly happy to shit on BB irrespective, actually. I happily play BB and think Overwatch is great.

Why would Overwatch players talk about Battleborn though? It makes sense that they don't, as their game found the success that they wanted, they don't feel the need to underpin why it might not have...

I don't really get your point. I don't think anyone is denying that Battleborn 'lost' to Overwatch, Overwatch is and was a more popular game, but there's also no denying that s a result, it overshadowed Battleborn's launch and that would have had an impact on the games commercial performance.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm enjoying both games but playing Battleborn a little more, and I think are or will be (in Battleborn's case) will both be successful in their own right, I think Battleborn will need some work for Gearbox to get it where they want it to be, but they aren't a big studio working on a lot of games, so I expect them to support BB for some time. I think with more work, patches, character additions, then the introduction of a free to play model during a quiet period, and Battleborn will find a larger audience than it has now.

Fury451

Banned
Yeah, I dig Battleborn.

Don't love it, don't play it much, but I enjoy it for largely the same reasons you mention OP. Hope something can rejuvenate it because it isn't something that is deserved to fail. Not sure why it didn't really catch on.

It is Gearbox cluttered with its design and interface though, hate that.

I wish I would've beat the game before I returned it to the store (for my money back - I had a week's trial), but that one mission drove me nuts solo. I spent an hour just to fail at the end.

The people I matched up with online weren't very good.

I might get it from the library someday, but only because I want to add it to my list of beaten games.

FoxSpirit

Well, the gaming media/world compared it to Overwatch because the numbnuts poised themselves as competitors.

https://twitter.com/battleborn/status/706956858460741632

And releasing against in the same timeslot against a Blizzard title? Classic suicide. It's not the first game this has happened to, you try to compete with a much stronger IP and you are dead. Had you waited 3-4 months you would have done a LOT better. So Battleborn players are right to complain, but they should complain at Gearbox's scheduling/marketing departments and execs.

Fucking love the game, it's fantastic.

My only issue is on Xbone, since one of the latest updates, the game runs like ASSSSSSSS. I guess I will try deleting and reinstalling.

I was really interested in the game and some of the characters seemed fun to play, but then I actually got to play and the game was incredibly boring. I might have liked playing as one of the locked characters but the game was nowhere near good enough for me to put in the work necessary to find out.

MaKTaiL

I loved the time I had with the Beta when I played on PS4. It is definitely a great game. But when it came down to it I bought Overwatch instead which was equally fun but it had two major factors going for it: 60fps and no Season pass bs. If it indeed goes free to play I will definitely play it.

Reminds me of this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377334

I wonder if EviLore can check to see if it's the same viral marketing company :)

Quick! What does this captcha say!?

Bͪ̌͆ͯͦ҉̴̹̳̀a̼̬̩̯͓͙͌̈́͗͒ͥ̂͘͝t̴̘̺͆͢͞t̷̝̪̞̳̝̿l͔̳̙̤͙̥̭̖ͪ͐ͦ̃ͧ̍̃̀͞e͎̭̦ͦ̄̐́͠b͙̞̙̫͋̅̉̀̏͛̚͞o̬̲̫̗̠͓ͤ̉̽͐ͥ͡r̪͎̱̜̘̫̺͋̿̓̔n̸̮̪̘̻̈ͫͨ͘ ̧̧̻̻̭ͥͤ̅͐̿́i̛̹ͧͤ̎͐ͥ͘s̸̥̗͉̘̣̀͒ͣ͛̕ ̵̢̨͇͓̮̩͚̖̃̉̃ͩͅa̙̠̗̗̋̇̽͗m̵̪͕̪̱̦͚͔̉̀ą̧͈̙̣̰̝̓͐͞z̖̰͍͇̩̠ͮ͐į̰̤̲̩̐ͅņ̝̪̾̇̏ͥͮ͟g̠ͮ̂̓ͫͬ͑ͭ͠͝ ̢̫̟̻̞̱̤̍͌̿ͣͩ͆a͉̥ͣ̏̍̋ͬ̀̀ǹ̷̥̹̻̻͚̊ď̜̰̻̉̀͠ ͇͚̤̗̳ͨ̀͡ȩ̸̴̥̻͇̳̫̠̖͖̇ͯ̽ͤ̊̒v͇̯̞̞̤̥͐ͦ͊eͨͬͣ̂͏̢̠̜͙͇͖ṛ̵͇̫̃̍y̵̱͍̘̘̯̖̫͈ͣ͑̿̒ọ̹̱͖͉͚̉͡n͎̜ͦ́̉ͦẽ̳̣͎̾̊ͦͭ̀͡ ͇̥̹̥̟̩̻̳ͤ̀̿͗ͩ͋ͦ͌̿͝s͔͉͖͆̆͊̔͊͋̇͛͞h̪͎ͬ̿ͅͅõ̵̼͉̜̮̝̭̭̓̊̇̀̚͜ū̧͕̰͎̻͘͞l̶̫̮̯̒̇̉d̸̵̻̘͓̓̈̊́͂̇̄̌͡ ̼͍̰̦̻͚͎̘̳̈́ͩ͑̌͟͠b̠̩͙̰̖̎̉u̼̲̙͚͖̱͉͙̻̎͋̆ͦ̔̋ͥ̈́y̓̏̓̓͏̸̱ ̢̠̻̮ͯ͌͌̋ͬ̂̀͜͟i̧̲̞͂ͭ̆͌́͜ṫ̸̖͚̤̔̎ͦͯ̈́͞
̳͓̤͉̼̃̉̊̐͜͡BATTLEBORN
̘̩͔͎̭̓̀͆̽ͫ͌̆t̆͋̆ͨ͌̇͏͔o̳͔̙̺̭̓ͮͤ̚͜t͖̗͐̆̓̇̍̄͑a̶̡ͤ̓͐̓ͭ́͐̒̚҉͍̰͉̳̪͔̺l̗̣̣͒ͤ̄͐ͪ̂̏͑ḷ̛̘̗̘͉̗͍͊̅͗̿̅ͅy̬̟̱̲͇͚̠̍ͨ̓̕ͅ ̢̭̭̀̈͋́̄̄̊ͥn̉͐ͯ̎҉̵̰͓ő͇̠̱̩̲̗̙̀̔̐͛͛̃̆͝t̽͒̈̀͏̻͕͔̘̯͖̻ ͔̣ͯ͌ͯ̌͒ͪ̚ặ̩̮̩͎̣͛ ̢̞̬̲̻̈́̀̔̐͢v̵̡̞͔̣͚̰̻̋ͤ̾ͬ͑̀̚i̯̤̳̠͈̙̪̭͖ͣͪ͒̈̐͌̓̆r̖̙̖̅̈͛ͥ͂̌̿͛a̴̛̅̌͏͕͕̮̻̥̟l̠͇̘̩̽̄ͤ͗̍ ͔̹͇̝͓͍͚̯͋ͫ̈̇̌m̀͑̽ͧ͏͈͎̘̠͖̲ả̡̨̢͓̺̱̟͔̊̒r̶̷̨͈̳͍̜͎͚̓ͅķ͍̯͚͎͔̪͉̀̌e͉̣̼͙͙̓͑̈̀t̮͚̮̗̗ͥ̈͌̈́̄̄̽͊͢ệ̮̖͋̌̓̃ͫ̈́̾̀̚͡r̟̳̮̻̙͇̠̦͌̄͑ͨ̚͘͢

:)

What's with this passive-agressive shit?

Anyways, I haven't tried Battleborn and the reason is, as stupid as it may sound, its artstyle. I just can't stand the character design. Makes me not want to try it.

I don't really get your point.

The post I replied to mentioned that the failure of Battleborn seems to be linked to Overwatch, and I pointed out that this is only because Battleborn players keep beating that drum instead of maybe looking at the game itself. Weren't there 2 million people who tried the Battleborn beta? Only a small fraction of those actually liked it enough to buy it. And the few who did buy it apparently didn't keep playing because the online population cratered within days, at least on Steam which is the only place we have real stats. It seems to me that the game has flopped because people don't like it and don't want to play it, and not solely because of Overwatch.

Keasar

Well, the gaming media/world compared it to Overwatch because the numbnuts poised themselves as competitors.

https://twitter.com/battleborn/status/706956858460741632

And releasing against in the same timeslot against a Blizzard title? Classic suicide. It's not the first game this has happened to, you try to compete with a much stronger IP and you are dead. Had you waited 3-4 months you would have done a LOT better. So Battleborn players are right to complain, but they should complain at Gearbox's scheduling/marketing departments and execs.

Didn't Blizzard announce the release date after Battleborn did?

And didn't Blizzard announce their Open Beta to be on the same day as Battleborn's release date just a few days after it was known when it was going to be?

Battleborn didn't release in the same timeslot as a Blizzard title, it's Blizzard who released in the same timeslot as their competitor.

The post I replied to mentioned that the failure of Battleborn seems to be linked to Overwatch, and I pointed out that this is only because Battleborn players keep beating that drum instead of maybe looking at the game itself. Weren't there 2 million people who tried the Battleborn beta? Only a small fraction of those actually liked it enough to buy it. And the few who did buy it apparently didn't keep playing because the online population cratered within days, at least on Steam which is the only place we have real stats. It seems to me that the game has flopped because people don't like it and don't want to play it, and not solely because of Overwatch.

Why isn't it reasonable though, to suggest that people were taken by Overwatch rather than Battleborn? That's all that people were suggesting. There's no hiding that Overwatches campaign was intentionally aggressive against its competition, overlapping betas and such.

I think the reality is that for a lot of people, it's not that they necessarily didn't like Battleborn, but that they were more interested, and liked Overwatch more. Of course, that isn't to say that they are similar in many ways, but you don't have to be an identical type of game to have considerable overlap in your audience.

That and, Battleborns MOBA orientation was always going to be less popular with a console audience than more standard shooters that already attract very high numbers.

I don't think you can say that Battleborn didn't flop because of Overwatch, as we honestly have no idea how it influenced purchasing decisions, but obviously it was a factor. Of course, Battleborn also just seemingly isn't built for everyone. Features like its aesthetic and sense of humour alone make it very clear that not everyone is in the games target audience, like Borderlands, these features are pretty polarising.

So it really is a combination of factors, but you can't say that Overwatch's launch wasn't likely to be a significant one too, so I don't see why it isn't understandable that it gets mentioned from time to time.

Has OP played any games other than Battleborn this year?

If not, raise your standards.

It's nothing to do with my standards being low, and merely a matter of personal taste. Perhaps most significantly, I like console based competitive multiplayer games with interesting mechanics, particularly those that I have not experienced before. That's why some of the games I have really enjoyed in the past have been games like MAG and Starhawk, which although do not come up in conversation too often, were very unique and interesting in their features.

I answered your exact question on this very page however, as another guy asked what games I had played, and I listed the major titles, including the likes of Doom, Overwatch and Uncharted 4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=211976517

Kid Heart

I get you OP.

When I first saw Battleborn I thought it would be incredibly bland and dull. However, after I finally got my hands on it my opinion's done a complete 180. I've put in close to 100 hours into the game and had a great time with it. I love the blend of MOBA and FPS mechanics, and the humor is just my kind of style.

Meanwhile, after putting in probably somewhere around 30-40 hours into Overwatch I've kind of already had enough of it. That's not to say it's a bad game, but to me Overwatch's depth feels shallow in comparison, and I hate that there isn't a single player campaign of any sort. I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but it's just how I feel.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Quick! What does this captcha say!?

Bͪ̌͆ͯͦ҉̴̹̳̀a̼̬̩̯͓͙͌̈́͗͒ͥ̂͘͝t̴̘̺͆͢͞t̷̝̪̞̳̝̿l͔̳̙̤͙̥̭̖ͪ͐ͦ̃ͧ̍̃̀͞e͎̭̦ͦ̄̐́͠b͙̞̙̫͋̅̉̀̏͛̚͞o̬̲̫̗̠͓ͤ̉̽͐ͥ͡r̪͎̱̜̘̫̺͋̿̓̔n̸̮̪̘̻̈ͫͨ͘ ̧̧̻̻̭ͥͤ̅͐̿́i̛̹ͧͤ̎͐ͥ͘s̸̥̗͉̘̣̀͒ͣ͛̕ ̵̢̨͇͓̮̩͚̖̃̉̃ͩͅa̙̠̗̗̋̇̽͗m̵̪͕̪̱̦͚͔̉̀ą̧͈̙̣̰̝̓͐͞z̖̰͍͇̩̠ͮ͐į̰̤̲̩̐ͅņ̝̪̾̇̏ͥͮ͟g̠ͮ̂̓ͫͬ͑ͭ͠͝ ̢̫̟̻̞̱̤̍͌̿ͣͩ͆a͉̥ͣ̏̍̋ͬ̀̀ǹ̷̥̹̻̻͚̊ď̜̰̻̉̀͠ ͇͚̤̗̳ͨ̀͡ȩ̸̴̥̻͇̳̫̠̖͖̇ͯ̽ͤ̊̒v͇̯̞̞̤̥͐ͦ͊eͨͬͣ̂͏̢̠̜͙͇͖ṛ̵͇̫̃̍y̵̱͍̘̘̯̖̫͈ͣ͑̿̒ọ̹̱͖͉͚̉͡n͎̜ͦ́̉ͦẽ̳̣͎̾̊ͦͭ̀͡ ͇̥̹̥̟̩̻̳ͤ̀̿͗ͩ͋ͦ͌̿͝s͔͉͖͆̆͊̔͊͋̇͛͞h̪͎ͬ̿ͅͅõ̵̼͉̜̮̝̭̭̓̊̇̀̚͜ū̧͕̰͎̻͘͞l̶̫̮̯̒̇̉d̸̵̻̘͓̓̈̊́͂̇̄̌͡ ̼͍̰̦̻͚͎̘̳̈́ͩ͑̌͟͠b̠̩͙̰̖̎̉u̼̲̙͚͖̱͉͙̻̎͋̆ͦ̔̋ͥ̈́y̓̏̓̓͏̸̱ ̢̠̻̮ͯ͌͌̋ͬ̂̀͜͟i̧̲̞͂ͭ̆͌́͜ṫ̸̖͚̤̔̎ͦͯ̈́͞
̳͓̤͉̼̃̉̊̐͜͡BATTLEBORN
̘̩͔͎̭̓̀͆̽ͫ͌̆t̆͋̆ͨ͌̇͏͔o̳͔̙̺̭̓ͮͤ̚͜t͖̗͐̆̓̇̍̄͑a̶̡ͤ̓͐̓ͭ́͐̒̚҉͍̰͉̳̪͔̺l̗̣̣͒ͤ̄͐ͪ̂̏͑ḷ̛̘̗̘͉̗͍͊̅͗̿̅ͅy̬̟̱̲͇͚̠̍ͨ̓̕ͅ ̢̭̭̀̈͋́̄̄̊ͥn̉͐ͯ̎҉̵̰͓ő͇̠̱̩̲̗̙̀̔̐͛͛̃̆͝t̽͒̈̀͏̻͕͔̘̯͖̻ ͔̣ͯ͌ͯ̌͒ͪ̚ặ̩̮̩͎̣͛ ̢̞̬̲̻̈́̀̔̐͢v̵̡̞͔̣͚̰̻̋ͤ̾ͬ͑̀̚i̯̤̳̠͈̙̪̭͖ͣͪ͒̈̐͌̓̆r̖̙̖̅̈͛ͥ͂̌̿͛a̴̛̅̌͏͕͕̮̻̥̟l̠͇̘̩̽̄ͤ͗̍ ͔̹͇̝͓͍͚̯͋ͫ̈̇̌m̀͑̽ͧ͏͈͎̘̠͖̲ả̡̨̢͓̺̱̟͔̊̒r̶̷̨͈̳͍̜͎͚̓ͅķ͍̯͚͎͔̪͉̀̌e͉̣̼͙͙̓͑̈̀t̮͚̮̗̗ͥ̈͌̈́̄̄̽͊͢ệ̮̖͋̌̓̃ͫ̈́̾̀̚͡r̟̳̮̻̙͇̠̦͌̄͑ͨ̚͘͢

:)

BRB Gotta go buy somethning called Bat leborn. Dunno why. Dunno if such a thing exists. Just know that me, and everyone else, needs to buy it now.

A fun game that filled the hole left by Super Monday NIght Combat. Wish the leveling in that game wasn't such a drag though.

Edit: As someone who likes a lot of the writing in Borderlands, I thought a lot of the writing in Battleborn was pretty bad. Pair that with a terrible story mode, and that ended up with a lot of people not being impressed by it. There's really solid gameplay in the multiplayer modes though.

Top Bottom