• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, like I said, the entertainment is from their skits, not so much their demos (unless it turns out like Miyamoto doing a silent rage at Zelda again).

Utako

Banned
AceBandage said:
Haha, like I said, the entertainment is from their skits, not so much their demos (unless it turns out like Miyamoto doing a silent rage at Zelda again).
PLEASE post this GIF!

D-Pad

bgassassin said:
Speaking of Wii Music, I wonder if we will get any gif worthy moments at E3 like this with the rumored control set up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bgassassin/Gifs/25282.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Love this gif, but it goes too fast in new Chrome.

Utako said:
PLEASE post this GIF!

2zzi88j.jpg

Good thing they did that first. Being in the middle or the end of the conference would have killed their flow making the conference seem worse than what it was.

D-Pad

AceBandage said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zzi88j.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The "Ha ha." at the end. [img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

I guess I was lucky enough to wake up late last year (I came in at the Zelda trailer, which I believe was shown after all that).

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
What if the 3DS is the mistery controller? I can see it.

Rich!

Acca said:
What if the 3DS is the mistery controller? I can see it.

"Hey, here's the brand new Nintendo! Guess what, if you want to play it, then you'll need to buy a 3DS too!"

No. However, the 3DS could function as an additional controller if need be.

rezuth

DefectiveReject said:
Judging by half the mockups done in earlier threads, you're gonna need to pony up that amount.
Doubtful, the controller will just be a terminal for the console to feed video.

I actually WANT Skyward Sword to move to a new console. The Miyamoto demo encapsulates everything I've felt with the Wii. Excitement + intuitive ideas + horrendous experience. Yes, I'm fine with a classic controller pro, its amazing, etc - I'm not stupid. But it was a real downer, that moment. Like, here we are on top of the generation, with a marquee title.. and the console can't demo it in public. Oh.

neoanarch

Wolves Evolve said:
I actually WANT Skyward Sword to move to a new console. The Miyamoto demo encapsulates everything I've felt with the Wii. Excitement + intuitive ideas + horrendous experience. Yes, I'm fine with a classic controller pro, its amazing, etc - I'm not stupid. But it was a real downer, that moment. Like, here we are on top of the generation, with a marquee title.. and the console can't demo it in public. Oh.

Well you obviously didn't see any showfloor videos. There was something obviously wrong in the Miyamoto demo. it was silky smooth on the showfloor.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Wolves Evolve said:
The controls worked perfectly on the show floor. People were quick to call Bill Trinen's blaming of mobile device interference 'damage control' but it was actually accurate. If I remember correctly, the pointer was going crazy during the Epic Mickey demo as well.

MYE

Wolves Evolve said:
I actually WANT Skyward Sword to move to a new console.

NO. And i'm glad it wont.

Wolves Evolve said:
Yes, I'm fine with a classic controller pro, its amazing, etc - I'm not stupid. But it was a real downer, that moment. Like, here we are on top of the generation, with a marquee title.. and the console can't demo it in public. Oh.

It had nothing to do with the system or the controller. Its already been proven that it works flawlessly by journalists at E3.

Unless you also think the iphone 4's wireless is shit because Jobs couldnt load a webpage on stage. Its called technical issues and interferences.

MYE said:
ho
Unless you also think the iphone 4's wireless is shit because Jobs couldnt load a webpage on stage. Its called technical issues and interferences.

Really bad example. The iphone's wireless is garbage. But point taken. I was saying that I knew it worked, I've never had glitches with a single Wii game at home since I got it day one. I'm saying I've always been disappointed. But I'll get Skyward Sword no matter what, its just not that exciting yet - I crave change for my Zelda.

Does the "supports 1080p" comment make anyone else skeptical? I mean, I'm sure it'll "support" 1080p, but so do the 360 and PS3 but how many games for those two platforms run in 1080p natively? If I don't get a Mario game running at 60fps at 1080p close to launch, I'll be very disappointed.

grap3fruitman said:
Does the "supports 1080p" comment make anyone else skeptical? I mean, I'm sure it'll "support" 1080p, but so do the 360 and PS3 but how many games for those two platforms run in 1080p natively? If I don't get a Mario game running at 60fps at 1080p close to launch, I'll be very disappointed.

Well, if it is indeed using a 4770 or something similar, then it'll be much easier to get games running natively at 1080p, unlike on the 360/PS3 which had pretty bad GPUs for 1080p.

Amir0x

Banned
grap3fruitman said:

Prepare to be disappointed or some such thing

No company is going to FORCE developers to do 1080p on consoles just yet. I can't even imagine Nintendo being the one to start

would be nice a 1080p/60fps standard. Then again it would also be nice if I won ten million dollars :<

Amir0x said:
No company is going to FORCE developers to do 1080p on consoles just yet. I can't even imagine Nintendo being the one to start
I didn't say anything about forcing devs to do 1080p/60fps, I just questioned how many games are actually going to support 1080p natively.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I really can't wait for Skyward Sword's release.

Yes the game will be amazing (most likely) and I'm sure it probably will be one of MY GOTYs..... but honestly I might be even more excited about seeing all you motion-control haters react to one of the biggest gaming series of all-time (OF ALL-TIME) requiring you to actual play with a REAL motion control system. No classic controller pad, no gamecube controller, no wiimote sideway.... just a Nunchuck and WiiMotionPlus doing what it does best.

It shall be swell. :)

grap3fruitman said:
I didn't say anything about forcing devs to do 1080p/60fps, I just questioned how many games are actually going to support 1080p natively.

Well, if any company will do 1080p/60FPS then it'll be Nintendo.

Poyunch

Skiesofwonder said:
I really can't wait for Skyward Sword's release.

Yes the game will be amazing (most likely) and I'm sure it probably will be one of MY GOTYs..... but honestly I might be even more excited about seeing all you motion-control haters react to one of the biggest gaming series of all-time (OF ALL-TIME) requiring you to actual play with a REAL motion control system. No classic controller pad, no gamecube controller, no wiimote sideway.... just a Nunchuck and WiiMotionPlus doing what it does best.

It shall be swell. :)
I bet some will just skip the game. Especially since Nintendo doesn't seem to be generating much hype for the game so far.

edit: oh banned. :/

richisawesome said:
"Hey, here's the brand new Nintendo! Guess what, if you want to play it, then you'll need to buy a 3DS too!"

No. However, the 3DS could function as an additional controller if need be.
I think it's possible Nintendo will let the 3DS function as an additional controller, but you probably have to buy a special 3DS peripheral that adds another analog stick and handles the interfacing to the Wii HD by being a long cable.

Amir0x

Banned
AceBandage said:
Well, if any company will do 1080p/60FPS then it'll be Nintendo.

God Mario Galaxy type game in 1080p/60fps.... oh god

I almost want to try to get Dolphin working just to make the wait easier

EVH said:
Don't think so, but Wind Waker 2 with that resolution could be huge.

Why not? They've been pretty good on the GC and Wii about having a high FPS for their major games.

Amir0x said:
God Mario Galaxy type game in 1080p/60fps.... oh god

I almost want to try to get Dolphin working just to make the wait easier

You should, it's super easy, though SMG2 can run a bit slow.

Amir0x

Banned
i just refuse to modify my Wii. I bricked my PSP trying to modify it and I won't take the chance again. too many fucking downloaded games on it that I'd lose if that happened. 'Cause it's not like Nintendo would replace them on a clearly modified console

wwm0nkey

Amir0x said:
i just refuse to modify my Wii. I bricked my PSP trying to modify it and I won't take the chance again. too many fucking downloaded games on it that I'd lose if that happened. 'Cause it's not like Nintendo would replace them on a clearly modified console
correct me if I am wrong but cant you simply unbrick your PSP with a pandora battery used for modding it in the first place?

EDIT: Also Dolphin is a PC emulator.

The idea of a console that locks at 60fps somehow is mega seductive. But its not even technically feasible, right? I'll be happy for Nintendo just to approach 1080p and 60fps with a couple of games.

Amir0x said:
isnt dolphin an emulator for your pc? don't think there is any modifying your wii to run it

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Wolves Evolve said:
The idea of a console that locks at 60fps somehow is mega seductive. But its not even technically feasible, right? I'll be happy for Nintendo just to approach 1080p and 60fps with a couple of games.
Technically, consoles have been 'locked at 60fps' for generations now. It's about what is being shown during those 60 fps ; )

Wolves Evolve said:

It is technically possible. But no company will ever do it, simply because developers like to force a bunch of stupid shiny effects into their games that most people will never notice instead of making a game run smoothly.

GodfatherX said:
isnt dolphin an emulator for your pc? don't think there is any modifying your wii to run it

You have to softmod your Wii to rip games to your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom