• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kung Fu Grip said:
Reggie lied to us.

Did anyone ever believe that that was anything other than PR-speak for "We're not ready to talk about the next console yet, we have a timeframe in mind for that, and we'll reveal it in that timeframe regardless of whether or not Wii has actually sold 45 million units in the US?"

Hiro

Banned
I don't think they've been proven fake. I see nothing wrong with the typography on the console unit. It was alleged that the font is 'Pretendo' but I don't think so.

Lesiroth

From The Dust said:
what the hell is a trilology? :lol
Sounds like something from the Discovery Channel :p

Anyways, I'm not entirely sure how this will work out, so I won't coment on that. I am kinda worried however by the R700 mention. By end of 2012, wouldn't it be way too outdated? Nintendo NEEDS to be on equal graphical footing with the other two's systems this time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
From The Dust said:
yep. the reason the light is on because it has an internal battery

come on son

KuGsj.gif

Kung Fu Grip said:
Where the hell is the drive bay?

Internal battery? I guess thats.......good?

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

LosDaddie

Banned
Honestly, this is just crazy to me. A new Nintendo console next year?!?! And it's playable at E3? Wow...

The Wii, while I've enjoyed my time with it, is my least-played console this gen. I haven't finished SMG1 yet, let alone SMG2 (thank God I didn't buy it yet). I haven't played Mario Kart nearly as much as I wanted to. I think I put in, maybe, 2hrs in Super Paper Mario and never played it again.

At least I did finish NSMB Wii wit the wife. Zelda: TP was damn good, and I'm looking forward to Zelda: SS. Damn, I need to finish SMG1 this year.... Iloved the 5hrs I put into it.

I'm....just not ready for a new Nintendo console right now. Damn, I may not buy the Wii 2 at launch.

LosDaddie said:
Honestly, this is just crazy to me. A new Nintendo console next year?!?!

The Wii, while I've enjoyed my time with it, is my least-played console this gen. I haven't finished SMG1 yet, let alone SMG2 (thank God I didn't buy it yet). I haven't played Mario Kart nearly as much as I wanted to. I think I put in, maybe, 2hrs in Super Paper Mario and never played it.

At least I did finish NSMB Wii wit the wife. Zelda: TP was damn good, and I'm looking forward to Zelda: Damn, I need to finish SMG1 this year.

I'm....just not ready for a new Nintendo console right now. Damn, I may not buy the Wii 2 at launch.

or you can just buy one and get the Wii games you missed. who says backlog is a bad thing?

Michan

Vagabundo said:
Trilogy? lol
No, Triology!

User on GAF posted joke press release in thread regarding a Metal Gear Solid 1 - 3 remake, dubbed "Metal Gear Solid: Triology" (sic), IGN reported it as fact, going all-out, even as far as creating a game page for it.

luffeN

LosDaddie said:

The Wii, while I've enjoyed my time with it, is my least-played console this gen. I haven't finished SMG1 yet, let alone SMG2 (thank God I didn't buy it yet). I haven't played Mario Kart nearly as much as I wanted to. I think I put in, maybe, 2hrs in Super Paper Mario and never played it.

At least I did finish NSMB Wii wit the wife. Zelda: TP was damn good, and I'm looking forward to Zelda: Damn, I need to finish SMG1 this year.

And what is so bad about this? Enjoy the rest of the Wii games and then move on when you feel comfortable. You will probably get a good deal on Cafe software and the console itself.
GC|Simon said:
This means 7 pm GMT+1? Sounds good to me.
9 AM GMT+1.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Are we expecting any more information (on Cafe') at this Investor Meeting?

Iwata said today to wait for E3 correct?

jmdajr

LosDaddie said:

feel the same. I hardly have enough time to play the other two.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, assuming IGN are on the money with this system being backwards compatable with Wii software, what are we betting on?

Emulated up to higher resolutions? Or upscaled?

For what it's worth, the 3DS upscales.

Michan

Hiro said:
I don't think they've been proven fake. I see nothing wrong with the typography on the console unit. It was alleged that the font is 'Pretendo' but I don't think so.
The photo is not blurry and/or taken by a cellphone in a Chinese factory. It is therefore fake.

Michan

EatChildren said:
So, assuming IGN are on the money with this system being backwards compatable with Wii software, what are we betting on?
My dog could have predicted just as much, and I don't even have a dog.

I wanted to get my own Wii (I got my Wii gaming in with my old roommate's console) but now I kinda want to wait for E3 so I can have a good idea of whether it'd be better to wait. :/ and I still haven't played more than a few levels of SMG2.

[Nintex]

Skiesofwonder said:
Are we expecting any more information (on Cafe') at this Investor Meeting?

Iwata said today to wait for E3 correct?
That's what he said yes but investors are probably going to grill him because Nintendo's income went down 52%

EatChildren said:

We've got to hold out hope for dolphin style up-rendering, but in all likelihood, it will switch to a NTSC or 480p mode for Wii games.

EatChildren said:

I think they will just upscale them. However, if there is demand, they might pull a seperate "HD" version of the game to get money.

RPGCrazied

From The Dust said:
no. I will not accept this. this is unacceptable.

I just hope it doesn't delay the game. I have a Wii, and will get this new system, so I don't really care what it comes out for.

Suzzopher

EatChildren said:

Well, I hope it's backwards compatible with GameCube still.

LowParry

RPGCrazied said:
Skyward Sword for Stream.

Calling it now! It'll be like TP all over again!

I can see this happening. Skyward version for this Cafe system and Wii. If Nintendo wants me to buy their system, they will make it so. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
From The Dust said:
no. I will not accept this. this is unacceptable.

Meh why not. SS in beautiful 1080p, 60FPS, with hopefully HD Textures. At least. Maybe some AA. Disc streaming so no loading.

Fuck awesome.

GC|Simon

banKai said:
9 AM GMT+1.

Okay, thanks. Someone posted that the investor meeting is 3 am Eastern Time. However, since ther won't be a live stream / ticker or something like this (at least I think so), we will have to wait a couple of more hours. And we do not know, if there will be anything interesting...

Michan

Has anybody discovered the significance of the "Cafe" codename yet, or did we get as far as integrated coffee dispenser and stop?

sflufan

Banned
Y'know, Gabe Newell has often said he'd like to have made a game for the Wii.

Now with a more powerful system, I wonder if you'll see Portal 2 as a launch title for this system.

Busty

Banned
Cerebral Assassin said:
What would constitute a generational leap? As long as it is easily possible to downport/reuse assets from the PS4/Nexbox thats all they need.

While I agree with your question 'what would constitute a generational leap' is valid, and perhaps it's a metric we could establish, I don't think that it's feasible for Nintendo to release hardware that's able to stay within touching distance of the next gen MS and Sony machines (whenever they are relased) and still be sold at a competitive price point.

krae_man said:
Looks like a Wonderswan:

jZhUy.jpg

*swoons*

Michan said:
My dog could have predicted just as much, and I don't even have a dog.

I predicted that.

*folds arms*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom