• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
mattx5 said:
Sorry if this has been covered, but should we expect anything more to come from the investors meeting later?

I'd say chances are low now, given how that press-release says nothing at all and says to wait until E3. There hasn't even been anything from Nikkei either has there?

They want to wait and give a proper demonstration and also let people play it for themselves Wii Sports style.

I'm mad hyped for this just worried about the potential costs of extra controllers.

Pachter is wrong when he says the Dreamcast couldnt compete with the PS2. The Dreamcast had killer software and if u looked at the software the machine had then Sega did a damn good job with the DC.

I dont know what Pachter is asking Nintendo to do?

Emitan

Hiro said:
And buying a console for several hundred dollars is still preferable to buying a gaming PC for several thousand dollars or tens of thousands of dollars.
Are you buying every PC component from Monster Cables? A good PC can be from $500-$700 which is where the HD twins launched at years ago. You are either ignorant or trolling
or exaggerating

genjiZERO said:
Also I can use my computer off the bat, and don't have to pay extra (games and peripherals).
Wow, all you do with your computer is play Solitaire and use other built-in Windows apps? Or are you pirating everything?

As for me, I'm going on a theory that the Wii-2 is actually going to be a portable device with TV-outs, maybe in some sort of cradle. Nintendo said that the Wii-2 was going to change how people view the home console, and with the NGP showing near-PS3 quality graphics, Nintendo could easily make a handheld that was far better than the Wii. And if its price was enough higher than the 3DS, and it wasn't 3D, it wouldn't really be competing directly against the 3DS market.

Hiro

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I honestly can't see why this wouldn't be the case.

Unless RE6 is launching this year, which is also possible.

I do think that Project Cafe will need exclusives to remain competitive, and I mean exclusives beyond just 1st party, 3rd party exclusives.

kobashi100 said:
I'm mad hyped for this just worried about the potential costs of extra controllers.

Pachter is wrong when he says the Dreamcast couldnt compete with the PS2. The Dreamcast had killer software and if u looked at the software the machine had then Sega did a damn good job with the DC.

He's also forgetting the crucial detail that Nintendo isn't SEGA.

Zeal

Banned
it's amazing that patcher gets paid to essentially troll the internet.

can i get a job application form, please.

Hiro

Banned
Billychu said:
Are you buying every PC component from Monster Cables? A good PC can be from $500-$700 which is where the HD twins launched at years ago. You are either ignorant or trolling
or exaggerating

Have you customized a high end PC on Dell, HP or Alienware's websites? Or even CyberPowePC's website? Yeah, several thousand dollars easily, some of the specific gaming pc outlets such as Origin PC sell their PCs for tens of thousands of dollars.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Because of RE Revelations I would like to say (a version of) RE6 is a lock for Cafe, but who knows with Capcom. I thought for sure RE5 would hit Wii in some form or another this gen.

Hiro said:
Have you customized a high end PC on Dell, HP or Alienware's websites? Or even CyberPowePC's website? Yeah, several thousand dollars easily, some of the specific gaming pc outlets such as Origin PC sell their PCs for tens of thousands of dollars.
If you build a PC yourself, $1000 can buy you a top of the line system easy (not counting monitor).

Beth Cyra

Hiro said:
I do think that Project Cafe will need exclusives to remain competitive, and I mean exclusives beyond just 1st party, 3rd party exclusives.

If Wii2/Cafe has the ablitiy to port back to PS3/Xbox 360 and forward to Ps4 it will get less exclusives then the Wii did if anything.

Almost every company this generatoin saw the benefits of going multiplatform and there is now they will keep big games, especially something like RE6 tied down.

Maybe if giant moneyhats are given out, but given how well it worked for things like RE6, FF, and others I just don't see it, even less so with how Nintendo looks at third party exculsives.

$200

Banned
Hiro said:
And buying a console for several hundred dollars is still preferable to buying a gaming PC for several thousand dollars or tens of thousands of dollars.
Project Cafe

P C

PC

mindblown.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
kobashi100 said:

Dreamcast comparisons are silly. Sega was done-for before it even released, Sony and EA strangled it at birth, and Nintendo have games that sell systems. Dreamcast was an amazing system with some amazingly creative games, but the odds were always stacked against it to the point it was doomed.

3rd party involvement could still be a problem though, if the system is *really* out-there. That COD comment "Yes it could play COD but you'd want to play it on other systems" despite being vague is now a bit concerning when combined with Nintendo saying absolutely nothing about the angle of the system.

I'm fully expecting an E3 reveal with more "Wat, what is this I don't even" on GAF than the Wiimote reveal now. Fun times! :D

JaseMath

Deadly Monk said:
Are chances good that we'll be able to transfer our Virtual Console and Wiiware purchases to the new system?
It had fucking better be. I've spent more on VC games than actual Wii games.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cafe getting less exclusives but more cross-platform games would actually be a good thing IMO considering Nintendo's rocky history with third parties. Focus this gen on getting the big franchises to make a version for your system, then when you're cozy with third parties swindle them into exclusives next gen.

Hiro said:
Yeah, absolutely right

Also, I only eat out and have never purchased ingredients from grocery stores and assembled them myself because I am an idiot.

Woffls

Hiro said:
How many 3rd party exclusives are really relevant at the moment? Hell, even 1st party isn't anywhere near as significant as it was a few years ago... unless your name is Nintendo.

Hiro said:
Well there's your problem ^ If you can't build a gaming PC for under $1k then find someone who can.

Hiro said:

lol. Maybe if you buy the extended warranty.

Bankoiia

Andrex said:
Because of RE Revelations I would like to say (a version of) RE6 is a lock for Cafe, but who knows with Capcom. I thought for sure RE5 would hit Wii in some form or another this gen.
I think there's a good chance we'll see RE5 Gold released as a launch period title for Cafe.

heyf00L

Hiro said:
Like almost anything, PCs can be as expensive as you want them to be.

I also mountain bike a bit, and while I could build a mountain bike that costs $10,000, realistically my $500 suits me. Just because $10,000 mountain bikes exist doesn't mean that they all cost that amount. This is a nonsense argument you're making.

What you need to ask is what you realistically need. I good, mid-range PC that'll max or almost-max any current game can be had for $500 - $600.

I bought my PC in 2007 for $1000 (about $200 was splurging on a nice case, tho), and it plays today's games at medium settings no problem.

Beth Cyra

Bankoiia said:
I think there's a good chance we'll see RE5 Gold released as a launch period title for Cafe.

I would actually like that. Want to replay it again as I really liked RE5 so that would be a good excuse to do so.

Azure J

ShockingAlberto said:
So Ono said that SSFIV 3DS would connect to a console and we'd find out more at E3.

SFxTekken for Cafe?

I'd prefer Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but this would be cool too. :p

Hiro said:
Go here: http://www.originpc.com/thebigo-config.asp

Click on CPU magazine configuration of the Big O PC.

See the listed price.

Price: $16,999.00

Edit: Also, configurations of the HP BlackBird PC were over $10,000 in price. The more ya know.

Oh God, it's the return of NeoGaf's $10,000 dollar PC meme. :lol

Edit: Protip, those articles are written for hits before anything else. Just assume that much and things don't seem so silly/crazy/"lolwherethehellhaveyoubeenthisgen" anymore.

Instro

Hiro said:

See the listed price.

Edit: Also, configurations of the HP BlackBird PC were over $10,000 in price. The more ya know.

How is that indicative of general gaming PC prices? You can build a top of the line system for $1000 or less. You can do a budget build for like $600.

J-Rock

Banned
Vic said:
Nintendo's on it's last breath just like Sega was back in 1999?

What the...

It's funny. There's what people want Nintendo to be and then there is reality. Nintendo just made a shitload of money.

Hiro

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Ignorant or just plain stupid? It's really gotten hard to tell these days.

Blocked and ignored, is it really that hard to tell? Make use of the ignore system, people. I don't want to hear from you anymore than you want to hear from me, I assure you.

evangd007

Andrex said:
Cafe getting less exclusives but more cross-platform games would actually be a good thing IMO considering Nintendo's rocky history with third parties. Focus this gen on getting the big franchises to make a version for your system, then when you're cozy with third parties swindle them into exclusives next gen.

Third party exclusives are dead, Nintendo just needs to get in on the third party... party.

Hiro said:

See the listed price.

You really have no idea how over-engineered and unnecessarily powerful those systems are, huh?

luffeN

ShockingAlberto said:
I honestly can't see why this wouldn't be the case.

Unless RE6 is launching this year, which is also possible.
Wasn't there an interview from last year where they said it would take like 3 to 4 years or something to that effect? So 2011 would not be possible.

Beth Cyra

Hiro said:
Blocked and ignored, is it really that hard to tell? Make use of the ignore system, people. I don't want to hear from you anymore than you want to hear from me, I assure you.

I could careless about whatever you two have going on.

However you look like a right ass yourself when you not only block someone, but then post about it as if it's somehow important info for the rest of us to know.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Always-honest said:
that's a lot of money just to say you belong to the master race.
It doesn't take much to be a member of the PC Master Race. Just buy a meek AMD HD5770 and you're already significantly looking down on the console peasants!

Luckyman said:
How can someone be paid to analyze the VG industry yet have such horrible recollections of VG history?

The way I remember things the Dreamcast's power was the least of its issues. 1, 2 and 3 would be the facts that it was the successor of the previous gens 3rd place system, it had no EA support and it had the company producing the the successor of the best selling console of all time telling everyone who would listen to "Wait for the PS2!".

Isn't that last part where the term "Getting Dreamcast'd" comes from? I never interpreted it as being a power issue.

banKai said:
Wasn't there an interview from last year where they said it would take like 3 to 4 years or something to that effect? Maybe the interview was conducted earlier then I remember right now. So 2011 would not be possible.
They've been talking about RE6 a decent amount lately. It might be prepping for an E3 or TGS announcement, but the only possible chance for a 2011 release would be the former.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hiro said:

and have you priced the gold cases? Not the cheapo plated ones mind you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom