• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

What the hell at people thinking you'll be able to play actual Cafe games on the Controller's screen.

That screen will be relegated to minigames, maps, stat screens and character conversations such as Metal Gear Solid's CODEC scenes.

mj1108

Saint Gregory said:
How can someone be paid to analyze the VG industry yet have such horrible recollections of VG history?

The way I remember things the Dreamcast's power was the least of its issues. 1, 2 and 3 would be the facts that it was the successor of the previous gens 3rd place system, it had no EA support and it had the company producing the the successor of the best selling console of all time telling everyone who would listen to "Wait for the PS2!".

Isn't that last part where the term "Getting Dreamcast'd" comes from? I never interpreted it as being a power issue.

The biggest issue Sega had though was just making any kind of profit.

Woffls

haha, oh wow. Moving on...

Back to RE6, hasn't Nintendo pretty much always had the superior versions of RE games? Capcom seem to like their CYQ1/Q2 launch dates, so I'd actually bet that they'll hold off on RE6 until they can launch it with N6, providing June is accurate.

But then we have a problem. Assuming you can't use the touch screen and pointer at the same, which would you prefer? Touch screen with constant map/inventory, or pointer for superior controls?

Is there any way Nintendo could get around the problem of using a pointer and screen at the same time?

Vic said:
It doesn't take much to be a member of the PC Master Race. Just buy a meek AMD HD5770 and you're already significantly looking down on the console peasants!
Unfortunately, i'm not that insecure. I just have fun.

ReyVGM said:
What the hell at people thinking you'll be able to play actual Cafe games on the Controller's screen.

That screen will be relegated to minigames, maps, stat screens and character conversations such as Metal Gear Solid's CODEC scenes.

o really.. But the screen is bigger than the NGP (which promises console like gaming on a handheld) and the console is more powerfull than a 360.

Must look pretty damn good on that little screen.

ReyVGM said:

I'm glad you're from the future.

Hiro said:
Blocked and ignored, is it really that hard to tell? Make use of the ignore system, people. I don't want to hear from you anymore than you want to hear from me, I assure you.

Then don't post? I don't think there's too many posters here who are going to jump into the 'lol $10,000 pc' boat with you...

Beth Cyra

Woffls said:

Back to RE6, hasn't Nintendo pretty much always had the superior versions of RE games? Capcom seem to like their CYQ1/Q2 launch dates, so I'd actually bet that they'll hold off on RE6 until they can launch it with N6, providing June is accurate.

But then we have a problem. Assuming you can't use the touch screen and pointer at the same, which would you prefer? Touch screen with constant map/inventory, or pointer for superior controls?

Is there any way Nintendo could get around the problem of using a pointer and screen at the same time?

No, the N64 port of Re2 was terrible and the Gamecube version lacked features of the PC version? Well it was one of them can't remember which.

CVX was across both Cube and Ps2.

In fact the only one that Nintendo has had the best version of is Re1 really. I guess RE4 on Wii could count but I think we will see alot of people say it's best on PSN and LA because of the HD visuals and dual analog setup.

http://www.1up.com/features/dreamcast-20

This article makes a decent point. There's a lot of parallels between this console and the Dreamcast - it's launching early (the competition is going to get a huge technological leap because time works that way), it will be a sleek white console probably, "improved online," a big selling point is higher definition output, etc.

Man.

They are absolutely fucked! This thing is Dreamcast as hell!

ShockingAlberto said:
http://www.1up.com/features/dreamcast-20

This article makes a decent point. There's a lot of parallels between this console and the Dreamcast - it's launching early (the competition is going to get a huge technological leap because time works that way), it will be a sleek white console probably, "improved online," a big selling point is higher definition output, etc.

Man.

They are absolutely fucked! This thing is Dreamcast as hell!

You just described the 360.

And around we go...

Hiro

Banned
TheRagnCajun said:
Then don't post? I don't think there's too many posters here who are going to jump into the 'lol $10,000 pc' boat with you...

I just suggested that they ignore me is all. It's quite simple to put someone on your ignore list.

Edit: Why can they post but I can't? We can both post, if they don't like me they can ignore me and vice versa. No problems.

Branduil

Woffls said:

There's no reason the new controller couldn't use the built-in camera for pointer controls, although two-handed pointing would likely not be as comfortable.

Andrex said:
Cafe getting less exclusives but more cross-platform games would actually be a good thing IMO considering Nintendo's rocky history with third parties. Focus this gen on getting the big franchises to make a version for your system, then when you're cozy with third parties swindle them into exclusives next gen.

The problem with that is: What's going to get gamers to buy the Cafe versions of those titles, rather than those for systems they already own? As for the next gen, the era of third-party exclusives is over; there may be a few exceptions from Japan, but otherwise, they're not going to happen unless Nintendo takes on the majority of development costs.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
ReyVGM said:

Homebrew's gonna be a motherfucker on this thing

Hiro said:
I just suggested that they ignore me is all. It's quite simple to put someone on your ignore list.

Edit: Why can they post but I can't? We can both post, if they don't like me they can ignore me and vice versa. No problems.
Because your posts display ignorance and idiocy.

Ulairi

Banned
Hiro said:
Have you customized a high end PC on Dell, HP or Alienware's websites? Or even CyberPowePC's website? Yeah, several thousand dollars easily, some of the specific gaming pc outlets such as Origin PC sell their PCs for tens of thousands of dollars.

Are you just stupid or ignorant?

Akai

Father_Brain said:
The problem with that is: What's going to get gamers to buy the Cafe versions of those titles, rather than those for systems they already own? As for the next gen, the era of third-party exclusives is over; there may be a few exceptions from Japan, but otherwise, they're not going to happen unless Nintendo takes on the majority of development costs.

The thing is, once you eliminate exclusive third-party games it falls on first-party titles, something Nintendo has always held an advantage in.

So in this case it would no longer be a "Wii 2 has Mario, but not the superior version of Call of Duty," but a "Wii 2 has Mario AND the superior/equal version of Call of Duty" scenario. Having these third-party games at ALL will level the playing field a lot more than people think...

boyshine

Woffls said:
Extractable foot on the back of the tablet controller. Position it on the table as a secondary display for HUD and quick menu selections. Play using Remote and Nunchuk. That's my hope anyway.

Woffls

Branduil said:
There's no reason the new controller couldn't use the built-in camera for pointer controls, although two-handed pointing would likely not be as comfortable.
I guess it could still point at the screen in effectively the same way, but pointing something even remotely gun shaped at the TV made quite a difference for me. Also, it would need to be at an angle that still lets you see the screen while aiming :s yeah, I can't see the screen controller being very good at pointing.

M74

It's entertaining to see people jumping on the "CAFE = DREAMCAST" train so quickly.

One stop away from "NINTENDO IS DOOMED!"

Two stops away from "NINTENDO GOING 3RD PARTY CONFIRMED!"

Beth Cyra

M74 said:
It's entertaining to see people jumping on the "CAFE = DREAMCAST" train so quickly.

To be fair we had to deal with this for like 7 months before the Xbox 360 launced.

Hell you would still hear it almost a half year after it came out, about how the Xbox 360 was the new dreamcast and the PS3 would come out and destroy it.

Woffls

boyshine said:
Extractable foot on the back of the tablet controller. Position it on the table as a secondary display for HUD and quick menu selections. Play using Remote and Nunchuk. That's my hope anyway.
I guess that would work. Although, dropping one of the two units to use the touch screen is about as cumbersome as pressing pause anyway. I can see it being used as purely an extra display in this regard, but then it's barely worth the effort (or the battery life).

Deku

Banned
M74 said:

You're wrong, the 3DS is the dreamcast.

Anyways, those who think the Dreamcast failed because of technology really don't know the first thing about history.

Sega was hemorrhaging cash, all Sony had to do was to wait Sega out and they were able to dangle the successor to the most popular game console ever.

Hiro said:

Yea, you're gonna last here... Here are some pro tips to enable you to last a bit longer on GAF:
Stop being so sensitive. You're gonna get a lot of crap here, its the way it works.
Stop spouting 100% pure ignorance, especially when it comes to PC gaming related matters. Both members and mods a like can smell such arguments a mile away.

If you post ignorant crap expect to be called out for it. The whole PC gaming costs 10k doesn't fly here.

Akai said:
The thing is, once you eliminate exclusive third-party games it falls on first-party titles, something Nintendo has always held an advantage in.

So in this case it would no longer be a "Wii 2 has Mario, but not the superior version of Call of Duty," but a "Wii 2 has Mario AND the superior/equal version of Call of Duty" scenario. Having these third-party games at ALL will level the playing field a lot more than people think...

Among the audience that actually buys multiplatform HD titles? I very much doubt it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Graphics Horse said:
Surely '3DS' being a bizarre typo of '360' makes the most sense?
Hmm, perhaps.. Ok, you win. This time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom