• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billychu said:
It's the box that Windows software comes in repainted. It's fake.
With an actual back, ports and cooling fan, nice work there
http://wiihdrumors.davidturnbull.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Leaked-3.jpg

As I said earlier if those are usb ports, this thing is 29,4cm high (11.6 in), xbox 360 is 30,9cm (12.15 in). Whoever have done this have much time, he also know about "ai-live framework":
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo-Wii-2-Stream-Design-570x426.jpg

Nice really

Meesh

Teknoman said:
315VCP3ATSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just for the next page. Never had any problems with Nintendos control methods, doubt they would start being uncomfortable or messed up now.
I'm probably the only one here who feels this way buuuuuuuut...I didn't like the GC controller that much. What blew it was the goofy notion to place the satellite buttons around one large "A" one. If I was playing a hectic game, I almost always had to look down to see what I was doing. Bah, whatevs. Like I said, probably just me.

boyshine

Fuzzy said:
I always thought it was stupid that the GCN controller had less buttons than the N64 controller.
Are you talking about the 6 face buttons compared to 4 on GCN, completely ignoring that the C-buttons was replaced by the C-stick which basically had the same (or better) functionality for 99% of games?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Evilink said:
I'm probably the only one here who feels this way buuuuuuuut...I didn't like the GC controller that much. What blew it was the goofy notion to place the satellite buttons around one large "A" one. If I was playing a hectic game, I almost always had to look down to see what I was doing. Bah, whatevs. Like I said, probably just me.

i'm guessing these were multiplatform games.

Branduil

Fuzzy said:
I always thought it was stupid that the GCN controller had less buttons than the N64 controller.
Only due to replacing the c-buttons with a c-stick. And the three-pronged configuration meant that several buttons were not conveniently accessible.

The GC controller should have had another z-button, though.

Evilink said:

I felt the opposite. I never got confused about button layouts on the GC controller. If there's one thing I wish they'd have kept going forward it's that button layout.

-viper-

Banned
Glass Joe said:
Eh, I'm not huge on the PS sticks, when compared to Microsoft's and Nintendo's. They feel a little loose or somehow imprecise.

I'll agree with the Gamecube: it was comfortable but the face buttons were awkward and the C-Stick was a mistake (should have been a regular analog).

N64 in hindsight was a goofy controller. It was a transitional controller that was too complex for it's own good.
The looseness of the sticks makes it easier to aim in shooting games imo.

WillyFive

Evilink said:

Isn't that the opposite of what should happen when all buttons have a clear and distinct shape and size?

First Children said:
http://wiihdrumors.davidturnbull.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Leaked-3.jpg

As I said earlier if those are usb ports, this thing is 29,4cm high (11.6 in), xbox 360 is 30,9cm (12.15 in). Whoever have done this have much time, he also know about "ai-live framework":
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo-Wii-2-Stream-Design-570x426.jpg

Nice really

So you're saying..."IF the image is just a fake or whatever the term is, it's a good and relatively accurate one." ?

Evilink said:
How in the world...every bottom was not only in a distinctive location, but they all felt completely different lol

I get you though. While playing wind waker, I'm sure I was the only one to get stuck in a room trying to solve a puzzle and the answer was literally in the middle of the floor. Not even a puzzle. Sometimes its just like that lol

plank

First Children said:

Nice really

Your saying that its real? or a real fake?

I think they will reveal something tonight.

They revealed the Wii name early to let people get used to it, and they revealed the 3DS name and the fact that it had autostereoscopic 3D.

They will reveal either the main feature of the console tonight, the name, or whatever it is they want us to "get used to."

Haint

professor_t said:
It looks a damn sight better, but it's not a "ridiculous" difference. A ridiculous difference, to me, is going from standard PSOne fare to Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast. That blew my mind.

You know what's funny. In one of these very Cafe threads a few days ago, someone actually suggested the Dreamcast was a half generation leap similar to what Nintendo's rumored to be doing relative to the 360. I was the only poster to take exception to such an ignorant comment. Sony's PS2 bullshit really did work, and it's still working 12 years later--mind blowing.

boyshine

-viper- said:
I've tried Wii mote. I've tried Move. I've tried Kinect. And I think they're fun for a while but the novelty quickly wears off.

It's more of a hassle to use those peripherals than using a controller. It's so much more easier and comfortable to use a pad than to use motion controls. Besides, when I play games with motion controls, I suck. I was getting raped in KZ3 when I used the move, but when I tried the pad, it felt far, far easier.
Comparing Wii Remote to Move and Kinect just shows how off you are. Move and Kinect are basically used in social/activity games (I'm guessing you didn't use Move for Killzone for more than just a quick test run), but the Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo is the most comfortable, relaxing controller system ever made when you use it for traditional games. I fell in love with these controllers during Twilight Princess, and you have to realize how they work in games that are NOT waggle-heavy party games to really know why they're the best thing ever.

bigdaddygamebot said:
So you're saying..."IF the image is just a fake or whatever the term is, it's a good and relatively accurate one." ?
I think we are dismissing it too early only based on that error of the C/TM mark, it's the first image that actually got the "streaming to controller" part right, it's well done and get the ergonomics right, if it's fake than it's clever and also a really lucky one.

OR the Nintendo reps actually made errors in that presentation. (lol)

Meesh

beelzebozo said:
i'm guessing these were multiplatform games.
There were multiplatform games on GC!!??
;p
Actually, some bosses in Prime gave me some trouble...RE4 at times...Soul Cal....I can't say why exactly, I just really preferr the traditional button layout as presented on snes.
abstract alien said:
How in the world...every bottom was not only in a distinctive location, but they all felt completely different lol

I get you though. While playing wind waker, I'm sure I was the only one to get stuck in a room trying to solve a puzzle and the answer was literally in the middle of the floor. Not even a puzzle. Sometimes its just like that lol
Ummm...I won't tell anyone if you don't lol

boyshine said:
but the Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo is the most comfortable, relaxing controller system ever made when you use it for traditional games. I fell in love with these controllers during Twilight Princess, and you have to realize how they work in games that are NOT waggle-heavy party games to really know why they're the best thing ever.

...if you say so. : /

I stopped playing Twilight Princess because of the wii-mote and nunchuk. Everyone likes what they like.

As for the appearance. It WILL be interesting to see what the final design is and if they made it to look like it's something that can sit NEXT to the Wii and the consumer will be like, "Yeah...okay, that fits."

NinjaTehFish said:
Ok this is my stab at a cafe controller concept.

56ecdf3710b7833fcf2c0cb8b5ccfedf12c7fab8.png

It needs to look way sexier than that. I have some faith in Nintendo at this point.

TekkenMaster said:
I think they will reveal something tonight.

They revealed the Wii name early to let people get used to it, and they revealed the 3DS name and the fact that it had autostereoscopic 3D.

They will reveal either the main feature of the console tonight, the name, or whatever it is they want us to "get used to."
They revealed the Wii name like a week before E3 2006.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't know if I've seen a mock-up controller yet that didn't look entirely uncomfortable to hold.

I don't care what kind of tricks or new ideas they have planned as long as it's comfortable in my hands.

First Children said:
I think we are dismissing it too early only based on that error of the C/TM mark, it's the first image that actually got the "streaming to controller" part right, it's well done and get the ergonomics right, if it's fake than it's clever and also a really lucky one.

OR the Nintendo reps actually made errors in that presentation. (lol)

I agree with you. Alot of mistakes can be made between mock-up production and the power point presentation with the design specs on it.

I think the colour of it throws people off the most and makes them think it HAS to be wrong.

Speevy

Banned
Evilink said:

The Cube controller is pretty bad, aside from the comfort of the handles.

pje122

Evilink said:
HA! Fat chance... that controller is pretty much universally recognized as terrible, and rightfully so...

First Children said:
I like the color, it remembers me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L4Pf3cyPBk ;)

I think you might be one of a select few that likes the colouration if that is indeed the colour. :D

Thinking of all my wife's friends and my sister-in-law's friends that own a Wii. They will be wildly confused by the difference in appearance.

Nintendo made their millions this gen by selling to people that aren't primarily console game purchasers or console game players. "Different" worked for them with the Wii, but it might not work for them this time around.

Teknoman said:
I'd like to see two more third person Metroid titles. 3DS or Super Wii will do.

EDIT: I'm thinking motion controls of some sort are here to stay though.
I'd like to see another try at third person as well, but with a completely different philosophy/dev team.

Branduil

pje122 said:
HA! Fat chance... that controller is pretty much universally recognized as terrible, and rightfully so...
Most of the people who consider it terrible are fans of the dual shock, so I pretty much discount all of their controller-related opinions.

sfried

-viper- said:
Gamecube and N64 controllers were terrible.

I dislike the analog sticks of the Nintendo controllers. They seem to be octagon shape.

They are not smooth like the sticks on the DS3.
DualShock controllers are too wobbly. I always felt the N64 Control Stick, for all of it's "flaws" you can associate with the controller, had the right amount of resistance for precision movements. Too bad they went for something more loose in subsequent itterations.
classic-controller-pro-impressions-20100413021758854.jpg

And "dislike" octagonals? I love 'em. Useful for fighting games when you need to "check" your inputs.

woahjeez

Banned
NinjaTehFish said:
One of the rumors was that the controller acted as the sensor bar i think.....Maybe that's it?

As for mine...yeah not to scale but you get the idea :p

Yes, those are placeholders for IR lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom