• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron 2.0

How would the controller act as a sensor bar? Would you set it on top of the tv?

That part of the rumor makes zero sense to me.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If you want a good laugh go to the IGN Wii boards and look for cafe' leaks. ;)

It's like the Revolution all over again.

sfried

Tron 2.0 said:
Maybe when you first bought it, but I remember the N64 analog stick being shit after a short while.
The problem was if you flicked the stick, it tend to loosen the spring and exentually made it off-center after some abuse. Other than that, I liked the resistance it provided, and I've taken care of my controllers that it still has that edge to it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
pje122 said:
HA! Fat chance... that controller is pretty much universally recognized as terrible, and rightfully so...

I think you mean the Xbox controller and by some extent the Dreamcast controller.

Branduil

Ichor said:
Dreamcast controller was awesome.
It did a couple good things, like putting the analog in the right place, and analog triggers. But the ergonomics were terrible, and the analog stick was like a cheese grater to the touch. It also suffered from not having any kind of camera control.

woahjeez

Banned
Tron 2.0 said:
How would the controller act as a sensor bar? Would you set it on top of the tv?

That part of the rumor makes zero sense to me.

Well when you are playing with wii remotes the tablet it probably going to be attached to the console charging. I imagine you'd have to set it up in front of your tv, or maybe the lights are on the edge so you can lay it flat

Game-Biz

First Children said:
IGNBoards said:
Nintendo have told developers that their online system will be 'the best online experience' that's available on consoles.

To be shown at E3:

- Pikmin 3 (playable, launch title)
- Pokemon RPG (video, launch or near launch title)
- Super Mario Bros title (playable)
- Star Fox (playable)
- Smash Bros 4 (playable)
- Mario Kart (video)
- Zelda (tech demo)
- Metroid (tech demo)
- New IP (video)
brendanfraiserhahahaclap.gif

Snakeyes

As much as I like Nintendo, I wouldn't feel bad if Cafe has but a fraction of Wii's success if the hardware is lacking again. They seriously need to learn their lesson.

I mean, is it really that hard to put together a respectable piece of technology that is being reported by every leak as being far more powerful than 5 year old consoles in every aspect, especially when you've been raking in the dough since the launch of the DS?

Or at least don't claim that you're trying to appeal to the core gamer when you clearly aren't.

Skiesofwonder

First Children said:

BS said:
Nintendo have told developers that their online system will be 'the best online experience' that's available on consoles. The whole idea of the machine is to be connected to the internet 24/7. It's being targeted as an online/social console. Friend codes are gone, but no word on whether the online service will be subscription based.

Gets me every time.

Not that it couldn't potentially happen (VERY unlikely though) but I could just imagine that scenario when a Nintendo PR spokesperson is sent to a major publisher to sale the concept of Cafe'.

Every time I picture he or she being greeted with lols along with some "I said wow" responses followed by groups of people ROFL.

the IGN board's full list

Nintendo:
- Pikmin 3 (playable, launch title)
- Super Mario Bros title (playable)
- Star Fox (playable)
- Smash Bros 4 (playable)
- Mario Kart (video)
- Zelda (tech demo)
- Metroid (tech demo)
- New IP (video)

Rockstar Games:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (video)
- Grand Theft Auto "New Title" (video)

Ubisoft:
- Rayman Legends (playable)
- Red Steel 3 (playable)
- New IP (video)

SquareEnix:
- Final Fantasy XV

Capcom:
- Resident Evil (video)
- Megaman (video)
- Monster Hunter (video)

EA:
- NBA '13 (video)
- NFL '13 (video)
- NHL '13 (video)

Activision:
- Modern Warfare 3 (video)

Konami:
- Metal Gear title (video)
- Winning Eleven (video)

Namco:
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (playable)
- Soul Calibur 5 (video)

- Pacman Rebirth (video)
apparently, retarded people are allowed to post

Snakeyes said:
As much as I like Nintendo, I wouldn't feel bad if Cafe has but a fraction of Wii's success if the hardware is lacking again. They seriously need to learn their lesson.

I mean, is it really that hard to put together a respectable piece of technology that is being reported by every leak as being far more powerful than 5 year old consoles in every aspect, especially when you've been raking in the dough since the launch of the DS? smh

How do you think they started to "rake in the dough"?

Emitan

Branduil said:
When did their board format become so terrible?

I love the speech tails pointing to the avatars. It's like seductively posed Samus is really talking to me about Cafe rumors!
How can you even notice? It's white on white! It makes my eyes bleed.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
From The Dust said:

You forgot to bold the hilarious EA part, I'd believe any of the others over that

Snakeyes

Cerebral Assassin said:
How do you think they started to "rake in the dough"?

You bring up a fair point. But remember that the DS was underpowered only when compared to the technical monstrosity that was PSP at the time. And they could easily have the best of both worlds if they tried a bit harder on the hardware side of things.

Snakeyes said:
You bring up a fair point. But remember that the DS was underpowered only when compared to the technical monstrosity that was PSP at the time. And they could easily have the best of both worlds if they tried a bit harder on the hardware side of things.

Nintendo seem to put different priorities on their HW, low power consumption is very important to them, selling things at a loss less so.

Skiesofwonder

antonz said:
wow didnt take long. TV News just now in Phoenix was covering the new Wii2 announcement lol

This is the problem with releasing info almost a year before release. Major new outlets are already reporting it. Now imagine when E3 comes around.

Microsoft had the perfect unveiling and pre-release plan for Kinect. Get the hype train fully going and then release three months later. I hope Nintendo having 10 months (or more) between full unveiling and actual release doesn't hurt them in the long run.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Why did you bold Tekken Tag Tournament 2?
I bolded the most absurd ones. granted the absurd ones could come true. but come on, at this point in time, no fucking way. also, I didn't bold the ones that will happen eventually or the ones that could go either way

Skiesofwonder

CoffeeJanitor said:
That used to be my home board waaaaaaaaay back in the revolution days. IGN was still good and the boards weren't shit. Good times.

Indeed. Especially the Nintendo team.

I'm really missing Matt C, Bozon, and Craig right now.

From The Dust said:
I bolded the most absurd ones. granted the absurd ones could come true. but come on, at this point in time, no fucking way. also, I didn't bold the ones that will happen eventually or the ones that could go either way

I would have said it's the most plausible out of the whole list. It's already announced that it's coming to consoles eventually, so I don't see why Wii 2 can't attend that party when it happens.

JazzmanZ

Nintendo:
- Smash Bros 4 (playable))

I want to believe, but there is no way in hell SSB4 is gonna be there this year and playable.
and Pokemon is already getting a new game for the Wii and the possible Pokemon grey rumour next month.

Skiesofwonder

JazzmanZ said:
I want to believe, but there is no way in hell SSB4 is gonna be there this year and playable.
and Pokemon is already getting a new game for the Wii and the possible Pokemon grey rumour next month.

SSB4 is much more likely then a Pokemon RPG.

Triton55

From the Dust said:

Haha! Completely ridiculous, but for some reason I can't help but love reading this shit speculation before every console cycle. Magical, mysterious times right here, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom