• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzmanZ

Skiesofwonder said:
SSB4 is much more likely then a Pokemon RPG.

Honestly I think the RPG is more likely if it was a game like the GCN games Colosseum and XD.

But no way would it be a Gamefreak developed title.

From The Dust said:
I bolded the most absurd ones. granted the absurd ones could come true. but come on, at this point in time, no fucking way. also, I didn't bold the ones that will happen eventually or the ones that could go either way

If the console is being positioned to 3rd parties early on as a Super Port Box like some of the rumors have suggested, some of those might not be out of the realm of possibility if they're already in the works for existing consoles. Nintendo's new console getting Red Dead 2, Soul Calibur 5 "as well" isn't that huge of a stretch, if they can be lazily ported with power to spare.

FF XV is stupid though. I mean not 100% impossible, but that would be 360 Betrayalton level, completely piss of Sony, and doesn't seem to gel with SE's attitude about Nintendo consoles in the past decade anyway, especially when it comes to the Final Fantasy series.

Skiesofwonder said:
Indeed. Especially the Nintendo team.

I'm really missing Matt C, Bozon, and Craig right now.
Same here man. I could really go for a Matt n' Boz podcast right now. They made the community sorta tight.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I would have said it's the most plausible out of the whole list. It's already announced that it's coming to consoles eventually, so I don't see why Wii 2 can't attend that party when it happens.

I guess. it's of no importance though. the surprise is the best part

A.KU.MU

Banned

bAoJc.gif

iirate

Branduil said:
Most of the people who consider it terrible are fans of the dual shock, so I pretty much discount all of their controller-related opinions.

Pretty much. I could see someone argue that the 360 controller is better (even though I would disagree), but I have never understood the love for the dual shock.

Deku

Banned
Kulock said:
If the console is being positioned to 3rd parties early on as a Super Port Box like some of the rumors have suggested, some of those might not be out of the realm of possibility if they're already in the works for existing consoles. Nintendo's new console getting Red Dead 2, Soul Calibur 5 "as well" isn't that huge of a stretch, if they can be lazily ported with power to spare.

FF XV is stupid though. I mean not 100% impossible, but that would be 360 Betrayalton level, completely piss of Sony, and doesn't seem to gel with SE's attitude about Nintendo consoles in the past decade anyway, especially when it comes to the Final Fantasy series.

For one, I'm not sure why GAF is discussing garbage rumours from another forum.

Secondly on the bolded points, Final Fantasy hasn't been Sony exclusive for ages.

WillyFive

Skiesofwonder said:
Indeed. Especially the Nintendo team.

I'm really missing Matt C, Bozon, and Craig right now.

Yeah. They were fantastic back in the past two gens, especially their coverage of the Gamecube before launch.

I wouldn't see reporting that deep again until I came into NeoGAF.

iirate said:
Pretty much. I could see someone argue that the 360 controller is better (even though I would disagree), but I have never understood the love for the dual shock.

I think it's because you get used to it. Through three generations the controller has stayed identical, and if you played only on Sony consoles, it would be the only controller you used.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Zeal said:
oh so IGN boards report square is bringing their next FF to cafe huh?

get the fuck outta here.

Of course the rumor is bs, but why would that be shocking? They already released FFXIII for the 360, who the fuck thought that would happen 5 years ago.

Beth Cyra

Doc Holliday said:
Of course the rumor is bs, but why would that be shocking? They already released FFXIII for the 360, who the fuck thought that would happen 5 years ago.
Not only that but they wanted FFXIV on 360 and have already announced XIII-2 for both Ps3 and 360.

So long as Cafe has the power there should be no surprise that it would go there. Even less so when it actually has a chance to sell units in Japan.

Deku

Banned
I guess if we exclude the now apparently PC exclusive FFXIV, and exclude FFXIII and exclude all of Square-Enix's efforts on the Nintendo DS, Betryalton on FFXV incoming. But that's not really surprising when you consider a lot of posters think like that.

Granted I think it is likely we'll see FFXIV eventually land on Cafe/PS3 after another year or two of fruitless patching. We'll probably end up with FFXIV pppst XI in a new skin.

Doc Holliday said:
Because Squeenix is probably going to wait for the juggernaught sequels to 360/PS3 before putting out XV. They need power for their melodramatic cutscenes.

Zeal

Banned
i cannot even imagine how a next-gen Star Fox will look at this stage. i expect utter amazement. i'm also loving the switch to a hardcore centric gaming philosophy.

if all delivers as expected, this will be the first nintendo system i buy at launch since N64.

Beth Cyra

CoffeeJanitor said:
Because Squeenix is probably going to wait for the juggernaught sequels to 360/PS3 before putting out XV. They need power for their melodramatic cutscenes.
Not likely if Wada is to believed not to mention they don't mind launching late. They did it with both IX and XII.

I just want to know who they will have direct XV.

AniHawk

mysteriousmage09 said:
that list is just lol.

it'll have
from nintendo:
new miyamoto ip involving ghost mermaids
pikmin 3
f-zero zx
metroid dread
super mario bros 4
yoshi's island 2
new legend of zelda

from sega:
mario and sonic generations
super monkey ball 3
pso 2
skies of arcadia 2
panzer dragoon 5

from software:
3d dot game heroes 2

from capcom:
resident evil 6
castlevania

from square enix:
dragon quest x hd
kingdom hearts 3

from ubisoft:
beyond good & evil 2

from ea:
mirror's edge 2

from rockstar:
grand theft auto v

from konami:
metal gear solid 5
dead rising 3

all exclusive! it's gonna be awesome guys!

Deku said:
For one, I'm not sure why GAF is discussing garbage rumours from another forum.
You're right, we have enough of our own garbage rumors to discuss.

Deku said:
Secondly on the bolded points, Final Fantasy hasn't been Sony exclusive for ages.
I don't know... Other than the "black sheep" FFXI (and the sequel XIV, which was only on PC so far and bombed), all there's been is a weak port of one title that was originally region-exclusive, and since then the announcement of a sequel to that title. Unless you're counting portable ports and remakes of the initial six.

Also, if the port was timely, Nintendo would be far more likely to make a serious dent in the Sony version's sales in Japan, versus a 360 release. They might be more concerned about that.

iirate

Willy105 said:
Yeah. They were fantastic back in the past two gens, especially their coverage of the Gamecube before launch.

I wouldn't see reporting that deep again until I came into NeoGAF.

I think it's because you get used to it. Through three generations the controller has stayed identical, and if you played only on Sony consoles, it would be the only controller you used.

Well, I've certainly played enough PS1 and PS2 games to be "used" to it, and I don't think it's a terrible controller, just one that has been outclassed by its competition for some time and needs to be put to rest.

Fou-Lu

Dissonance said:
Why do you hate capital letters Ani?

The way the English language is going I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually lost capitals altogether. Curse you internet for being so cruel and so useful!

So yeah, Ani is just a herald of the future. Or lazy.

Gvaz

Banned
sfried said:
DualShock controllers are too wobbly. I always felt the N64 Control Stick, for all of it's "flaws" you can associate with the controller, had the right amount of resistance for precision movements. Too bad they went for something more loose in subsequent itterations.

And "dislike" octagonals? I love 'em. Useful for fighting games when you need to "check" your inputs.
I like Dual Shock designs, but I wish they'd flip A and B there :\

The analog placement on the Screen controller should be like the 360 analog placement. The PSP and Dualshock analogs are horrible in their current position for shooters.
Andrex said:
Who even cares about these two piece of crap vaporwares.
You take it back.

NOW

TunaLover

I just don't see 3rd parties porting everything under the sun, I remember the Gamecube had nice extra power than PS2 and it lacks of several multiplatform PS2/Xbox titles, not so hard to figure out, Gamecube had the weakest sales from the bunch, granted Gamecube had totally different image, but I think that 3rd parties will put test (like always) on the userbase and moving from that. I really hope that Nintendo bring a wider library this time around, and start working on that on the begining, and don't be so shy with money hats.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
brain_stew said:
Just because you've tried to convince yourself otherwise in the past to justify your purchase, doesn't mean you've got to continue doing so in the future.

Crysis 2 at max/1080p is a ridiculous leap ahead of the subHD console iterations. Anyone that had sat infront of a PC to play the game would have the same opinion, clearly, you haven't.
But you've said yourself that the Wii Cafe is a lot more powerful than both consoles, and you are really missing the point here.

People are saying the Cafe will be to the PS4/720 like the Dreamcast was to the PS2. That's bullshit, and that's what I'm trying to say. The difference in actual graphics (as in what you "see") from Dreamcast to PS2 was much bigger than the difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 (which, maybe in terms of powers was about the same difference, but actually it's the same), and much bigger than Cafe to anything MSFT and SONY can release.

Not all the people here are as technical minded as you, most people that bought the 360 used component cables to plug it into their TV, some wouldn't even notice the difference when using an HDMI cable. The visual jump from PS1 to PS2 was enormous. From PS2 to PS3 was big, but not as big; and the jump from PS3 to PS4 will be a smaller one.

If the rumors about the Cafe are true, then it should be able to run Crysis 2 in 1080p resolution and with decent graphic setup; And it isn't probable that all the games will try to get ultra realistic like that game. Also, because the console uses standard hardware (like the one on the 360), there shouldn't be any problems for it getting ports of all the multiplatform games.

It's not the case of the Dreamcast that simply couldn't run GT3 or RE4 or Halo.

TunaLover said:
I just don't see 3rd parties porting everything under the sun, I remember the Gamecube had nice extra power than PS2 and it lacks of several multiplatform PS2/Xbox titles, not so hard to figure out, Gamecube had the weakest sales from the bunch, granted Gamecube had totally different image, but I think that 3rd parties will put test (like always) on the userbase and moving from that. I really hope that Nintendo bring a wider library this time around, and start working on that on the begining, and don't be so shy with money hats.

If it's easy to port from 360->Cafe, then you can bet it'll see pretty much everything.
It would cost developers very little and it would be a bigger audience to sell to.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Ichor said:
The way the English language is going I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually lost capitals altogether. Curse you internet for being so cruel and so useful!

So yeah, Ani is just a herald of the future. Or lazy.

People on this board (and others I assume) have been ignoring capital letters on purpose when they make sarcastic/ironic/goofy posts and funny short replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom