• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Zeal said:
agreed. either post something tangible or sit back and enjoy the show like everyone else. i expect the most exciting E3 in a decade.
Ha, I saw you posted the following comment on her story:

bragging about sleeping with some nerd from nintendo for insider info also makes you sound, well, slutty and desperate for hits.
Quoted for truth. Poor show, Emily! Poor show!

antispin

legacyzero said:
^^^ what kind of processing power would something like this have. Wouldn't it be great if it were good enough to take to work with you with VC games?

Or is it just powerful enough to stream content from the Cafe?

I'm calling it: $100 per controller bought separately.
The controller screen is just a dumb terminal. A single touch resistive screen with no processing power of its own. Should be cheaper than $100, if that is indeed the case.

TunaLover said:
Nintendo 2011's release list was updated.
Not Xenoblade nor Last Story for NA.

What a bummer =/

What about Kirby, Rhythm Heaven and Zelda:SS?

EDIT: Just saw the list. Wii Play : Motion and Mystery Case Files in June, Zelda still dated to 2011. And nothing else. God this is sad.

Game-Biz

artwalknoon said:
Unless she's dating Reggie or someone else really high up I don't think she would have all that info. I mean according to her she knows what every internal studio is up to, which 3rd parties Nintendo is talking to, what games are in development and which are on the back burner, as well as access to real game assets? If she were dating a developer she might have to goods on his game and the guy's in the next office, but the info she's reporting sounds like either she is secretly cammie or dating Reggie.

Edit: and given how much she has been posting lately your telling me no one at Nintendo can figure this out and put a stop to it? Companies are not that lax about internal secrets.
Not only that, but unless she's super secretly "dating" this supercool dude with connections up the ass, she's putting his fucking job and business relationships in jeopardy. Anyone finds out that he's spilling important NDA breaking info for pussy and that's it, his career is over and out.

Maybe some dude at Ubisoft.

legacyzero

Banned
antispin said:
The controller screen is just a dumb terminal. A single touch resistive screen with no processing power of its own. Should be cheaper than $100, if that is indeed the case.
:(
I guess I should lower my expectations and learn to be surprised...

watershed

Banned
antispin said:

You think Nintendo's going with a 6" resistive screen? I thought the rumors "confirmed" capacitive?

Neiteio

Game-Biz said:
Not only that, but unless she's super secretly "dating" this supercool dude with connections up the ass, she's putting his fucking job and business relationships in jeopardy. Anyone finds out that he's spilling important NDA breaking info for pussy and that's it, his career is over and out.

Maybe some dude at Ubisoft.
Actually, yeah, this should be the most obvious reason she's bullshitting. She's a known name and a known face. If she's dating, someone would know who her boyfriend is, and then the cat's out of the bag.

The most satisfying part about all this is that since she makes the most predictable and likely rumors, there's no loss if she's just making it up since it'll likely come true anyway. (Note how she throws Earthbound in there to prey on the starmen.net community -- utterly shameless, even moreso than her acting like she humps her way to a scoop.)

First Children said:

vXu1k.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Discotheque said:
I picture the community that frequents that site to look like Keanu Reeves, Angelina Jolie and the blonde guy from Trainspotting.

It's mostly startup and Silicon Valley news. :p

Discotheque said:
I picture the community that frequents that site to look like Keanu Reeves, Angelina Jolie and the blonde guy from Trainspotting.

If only... but seriously, it is not this kind of hackers (nor the kind who mess up with PSN). See this definition.

Eteric Rice

Wonder if they could be porting Xenoblade and TLS to the Cafe in order to give it a few JRPGs?

Also, the Cafe might be the reason Namco Bandai hasn't announced what systems Tales of Graces will be on in the US...

Tron 2.0 said:
How would the controller act as a sensor bar? Would you set it on top of the tv?

That part of the rumor makes zero sense to me.

I'm thinking, at least in the case of that mockup, that the lights would allow a (possibly improved) remote to send it's information to the console of it's relative position to the controller screen. Basically, it would allow the tablet controller to act as a combination TV and sensor bar for Wii games and Cafe games that support that type of control.

TunaLover

Eteric Rice said:
Wonder if they could be porting Xenoblade and TLS to the Cafe in order to give it a few JRPGs?
If that was the case they wouldn't have announced Xenoblade Chronicles for Europe, that game already has a date.

It's just NoA sucking ass as always. Still stange that they run in such big localization just for one market.

watershed

Banned
JasonMCG said:
Restrictive would make no sense at all.

Well it would be good for one thing, introducing the world to restrictive screens! jk but yeah I think capacitive is the word he meant, unless he REALLY likes the ds touch screens.

About the capacitive vs resistive screen... if our hands are going to be busy with all the buttons and analog sticks, it would not make any sense to also hold a stylus...

I'm almost sure it is going to use a capacitive screen.

legacyzero

Banned
Taken from the IGN board from the link up from further up the page:
"The new controller slightly resembles a Gamecube controller with a large LCD screen in the middle of it. The controller is light for its size and looks like a tablet with Gamecube-like prongs to the side. It has dual analogue sticks, face buttons, d-pad and shoulder buttons. No triggers were on the device."

Hmmm. No triggers? That seems weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom