• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYE

Instro said:
Ideally instead of the two sides being completley joined to the screen, they would be handles instead.

If the back of both sides are shaped as two Wii remotes, it will work perfecly

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Frencherman said:
And with a big amount of batteries

This could single-handedly bring D batteries back into prominence.

Instro

MYE said:
If the back of both sides are shaped as two Wii remotes, it will work perfecly

I was thinking that earlier, but I'd prefer my my fingers to wrap around completley with a controller. But yeah some sort of convex shaping on the back would be good enough.

Instro

antonz said:
like 50-60% of the tablet would be empty on the inside. Lots of room for a battery just like the ipad.

Hm yeah a big fatass battery pack right behind the screen would work. Although Im sure Nintendo will skimp on the battery a bit since it will probably be rechargeable.

Was going to bastardise MYE's snazzy mockup but it came out looking like an insult.

Not making any more now. I can't imagine it would be any bigger than this 8.8 inch tabletty thing.
PKL1o.jpg

I curved the edge of the face, but the most important part of the ergonomics will be on the underside (see Wiimote) It won't be a thin flat backed tablet.

Instro

Whats the deal with people putting the right analog above the buttons. Seems uncomfortable, and it would make it more difficult to reach the buttons I think.

MYE

Graphics Horse said:
Was going to bastardise MYE's snazzy mockup but it came out looking like an insult.

Not making any more now. I can't imagine it would be any bigger than this 8.8 inch tabletty thing.
PKL1o.jpg

I curved the edge of the face, but the most important part of the ergonomics will be on the underside (see Wiimote) It won't be a thin flat backed tablet.
I like it.
I was thinking just now how confortable too Sticks/sliders on top would be. I think it could work nicely.

Log4Girlz

Graphics Horse said:

PKL1o.jpg

That's almost exactly what I imagine, just lower the sliders, buttons and d-pad a little more. Basically an NGP with larger screen.

I still don't get why people keep putting slide pads instead of analog sticks on these mockups. You don't have to put these in your pocket. There is no reason to put the space saving slide pads on there in place of traditional analog sticks.

Stephen Colbert said:
Seriously, making that many fakes is an awful lot of work.

Plus they are all coming out over such a short time span.

There seems to be no real benefit, it's not like these are being leaked to a specific website to get hits.

And lastly, they pointed out "Screen Stream" before IGN reported that the name of the console is currently "Stream"

I think there's a decent chance these are the real deal, either the dev kit or the actual console.

But way, WAY after IGN reported the rumor that the system would stream games to the screen in the controller, so the "screen stream" bit of your post is nonsense. As far as the difficulty in making such fakes, people will go to great lengths for their 15 minutes of fame. We've all saw similar and more complex fakes when the Revolution was announced, or have you forgotten the "Nintendo On"? I can see at least half a dozen things on those fakes that throw up a red flag for me, and I'm not the only one.

1-D_FTW

Yes. That is a very nice design. The hand comfortably clutches the controller, the thumbs rest naturally on the sticks. No complaints.

brochiller said:
I still don't get why people keep putting slide pads instead of analog sticks on these mockups. You don't have to put these in your pocket. There is no reason to put the space saving slide pads on there in place of traditional analog sticks.

I still don't get how people can tell the difference between sliders and sticks when looking end on at them.

ombz

Lonewolf_92 said:
But way, WAY after IGN reported the rumor that the system would stream games to the screen in the controller, so the "screen stream" bit of your post is nonsense. As far as the difficulty in making such fakes, people will go to great lengths for their 15 minutes of fame. We've all saw similar and more complex fakes when the Revolution was announced, or have you forgotten the "Nintendo On"? I can see at least half a dozen things on those fakes that throw up a red flag for me, and I'm not the only one.
ya
the indicator lights looked photoshopped too

Graphics Horse said:

That looks awesome!!!

Would you try to do one but with ergonomics in mind instead of the 6 inches screen? i mean, a controller that is ergonomic but still has a screen even thou its not 6 inches

Graphics Horse said:

PKL1o.jpg

I like it. Thats exactly how the GBA 2 should look.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Graphics Horse said:

PKL1o.jpg

Reverse the right analog stick with the face buttons and I could see myself using it.

Seems we all have a pretty good grasp on what it's gonna look like now, no more wacky mockups.

brochiller said:
slide pads NO!! SLIDE PADS NO! SLIDE PADS NO!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eteric Rice said:
I'm still skeptical of the 6" screen. That's to fucking huge tbh. The controller will look like a gamegear. : /

It's a home console controller. Not a handheld. It gets to be big.

Eteric Rice said:
I'm still skeptical of the 6" screen. That's to fucking huge tbh. The controller will look like a gamegear. : /
what's the resolution of the screen? Cause significantly more power than 360 graphics will look insane on a screen this size.

Instro

AceBandage said:
Including the SEEEEEGA boot up sound.

I wish my computer did that at start up. Id be all like :D

Even though I fucking hated SEGA growing up, I loved that start up chime

brochiller said:

You're right. Here is a perfect mockup of how the controller should look.

Meet-the-NGP-Tech-Specs-and-More.jpg

It's comfortable and ergonomic, easy to use and has everything. I think the GBA 2 should also look like that.

I'm intrigued more by the new concept/structure for a console

I mean controllers get refined, but consoles are just meatier and meatier versions of the last, with a few new tech bits in. Still just a game playing device, with the controller being the focus.
There's meant to be a big surprise left, no mention I see about what it could be. All focus is on The controller again. With some £150-£200 controller designs going on.

I mean is it at all feasible that a game could be delivered on a 16gb SD card rather thaa DvD (read I have no clue here) I see read speeds seem fast enough, but I have no clue at all.
Or maybe video could be wireless. So you aren't so required to have your box right under your tv.
A conductive power supply so the box itself has no cables in. Sort of a Wii stand with all cables going in. Power being conductive and video via some connector once the console is in its stand. Again No idea just running away from the controller speak.
Whatever it is none of us will be overly. Close, with the console nor controller. Just how no one was overly close with the Wii or Wiimote

I will guess though the console won't be small. As Iwata teased the size he was aiming for LONG LONG before Wii was a twinkle in a Mii's eye.
This time nothing.

[/brainfart]

Eteric Rice said:

Hah, You're right I'd forgotten the Gamegear was that big. I think the final product must have screens close to what the devkits have, even if not exact.

Kenka

Nice stuff in here.

You really tried your best with the data we were provided. And god knows hoe ugly a 6-inch screen would look like on a controller or handheld. Good job guys.

Instro

AceBandage said:
http://images.wikia.com/donkeykong/images/6/6b/Gamecube.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I wonder how many people actually used that handle btw, I always just stuck the console in a bag when I took it somewhere.

ShockingAlberto said:
IGN said "an iPad with handles."

Somehow this results in none of the mockups having handles.

They're underneath. No point having big visible prongs poking down when your controller is already taller than a GCN controller and needs a large flat covered area.

Zebra

Instro said:
I wonder how many people actually used that handle btw, I always just stuck the console in a bag when I took it somewhere.

People used the handle when placing it into a bag.

Honestly though, mine only got used when I carried it from one room to another, but that happened rarely.

wsippel

Banned
Andrex said:
Reverse the right analog stick with the face buttons and I could see myself using it.

Seems we all have a pretty good grasp on what it's gonna look like now, no more wacky mockups.
I actually think having both sticks at the top would be better. If you have your thumb on the top screen, it's also over the buttons - they are faster and easier to reach. You could probably even reach one or two buttons without removing your thumb from the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom