• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

dock

As someone else that lost a lot of weight, I'd actually recommend weighing yourself every day - but not letting the daily value get you down. I advice treating each week separately and taking an average of the days.

Even when measured at the same time each day my weight would fluctuate.

Knowing I was weighing myself the following morning would often motivate me to snack far less in the evening.

Tyeforce

Definitely not. I am in the US and I can post screenshots.
Then why the hell can't I?! :(

When I try to post to Miiverse, I get this, the default image for software that doesn't support posting screenshots.
20gwBSQ.jpg

And when I try to upload a screenshot via the Internet Browser, this is the message it gives me.

What gives?! I just want to post a direct screenshot of my Gym Community so I can share it online easily...

Is anyone else having a similar experience?

RaidenZR

Here's the outfits I've been able to unlock and what I did to unlock them:

Soccer Uniform - Unlock the Extra mode in Soccer Heading and get at least 2 stars.
Kung Fu Uniform - Unlock the Extra mode in Rhythm Kung Fu and get at least 2 stars.
Waiter's Suit - Unlock Advanced mode in Dessert Course and get at least 2 stars.

I have seen the Puffy Parka jacket from Snowball Fight on some people, but I'm not sure how you obtain it. Currently I'm at 1 star in Extra mode and can't surpass that. Probably have to get 2 stars.

There is clearly a Scuba Diving outfit, as I've seen some people in the community background with it. Not sure what the requirements are.

And I've seen people with a Statue of Liberty shirt, which sounds like someone confirmed that you receive that upon completing the Fit Meter challenge associated with that landmark.

That's all I got. Anyone got anything to add? We could keep the list going. I'm willing to bet money there is a Chicken Suit outfit from Bird's-Eye Bulls-Eye, but that game pisses me off.

kitsuneyo

step goal? there is a step goal? where is the option for that step goal?

step goal

I don't know how to do it either.

When I try to post to Miiverse, I get this, the default image for software that doesn't support posting screenshots.

Never seen that in my life!

Thanks, will try later :D

Then why the hell can't I?! :(

What gives?! I just want to post a direct screenshot of my Gym Community so I can share it online easily...

Is anyone else having a similar experience?

It might be because your taking a shot of your gym community details. Nintendo is not big on people sharing personal info on Miiverse, gym communties are really supposed to be for close communities, friends and family ect. Nintendo seems to be allowing people to post gym codes on the Wii Fit community (maybe because it would just take so much time to moderate all of them)

That said I question the idea of posting a gym community to Miiverse, leaves you open to risk of having some of Miiverse's more annoying posters and no way to kick them out. Far as I know theres no way to kick someone from a gym community without them leaving of their own accord.

Interesting to hear there's quite a few costumes out there, was worried when I saw the coat hanger that there would only be a few outfits.

bumpkin

Wow, that didn't take long. When I checked my local Best Buy stores the other day, they all had the meters in-stock. I checked 'em today; nothin' anywhere in my state.

Cherubae

It doesn't work for me. =/ I've tried posting to Miiverse and uploading via the Internet Browser and neither work. It says the software doesn't support screenshots or something.

I tried posting a screen shot of my perfect balance during a daily test and I couldn't get a screen shot. Perhaps Nintendo doesn't allow for images that could be considered "personal" in nature.

(i.e., basically the same thing JennyTablina wrote.)

Tyeforce

It might be because your taking a shot of your gym community details. Nintendo is not big on people sharing personal info on Miiverse, gym communties are really supposed to be for close communities, friends and family ect. Nintendo seems to be allowing people to post gym codes on the Wii Fit community (maybe because it would just take so much time to moderate all of them)

That said I question the idea of posting a gym community to Miiverse, leaves you open to risk of having some of Miiverse's more annoying posters and no way to kick them out. Far as I know theres no way to kick someone from a gym community without them leaving of their own accord.
I figured that might be the case, but I swear I tried taking screenshots from other parts of the game and it wouldn't let me no matter what. I just tried it again, though, and it seems to let me in the main menu. Guess I won't be able to take a screenshot of my Gym Community code, though. I mainly want the screenshot to share on my StreetPass group's Facebook Page, not on Miiverse. Oh well, an off screen photo will have to do. :p

maxcriden

Finally joined the NA GAF community! I got a good 30 minute session in just now and I'm really digging the new games. I'm quite bad at many of them, but hopefully I'll improve with practice. The hosedown one is fun and reminds me of the snowball fight game. The rock climbing is a decent work out and simulation of the real thing. I liked the trampoline but I'm not very adept at getting very high in the air yet. Flamenco I was not very good at but I enjoyed it and I'd like to improve at it. Luge was probably the most intense workout (in terms of how intense it was vs. how long it was) that I have ever done. I was sweating after just a few moments. Good times! I'd really like to do that one again, great workout. Puzzle squash is also a good workout, extremely fun, and pretty addictive as well. All in all I'm very pleased with the game so far and looking forward to trying more of the new activities.

Daknight

I just joined the community. Couldn't do much cause lacking battery for the wiimote, did play the one that use the gamepad, really nice on the mii finder only using the Gamepad. Took me awhile to remember the Wii has accelorometers and had to run xP

Now...how does one post in miiverse to the community, or is it only in-game to see other people?

BooJoh

Anyone been noting down what you need to do to get the various costumes? Would nice to get a comprehensive list.

Soccer Uniform - Unlock the Extra mode in Soccer Heading and get at least 2 stars.
Kung Fu Uniform - Unlock the Extra mode in Rhythm Kung Fu and get at least 2 stars.
Waiter's Suit - Unlock Advanced mode in Dessert Course and get at least 2 stars.

I have seen the Puffy Parka jacket from Snowball Fight on some people, but I'm not sure how you obtain it. Currently I'm at 1 star in Extra mode and can't surpass that. Probably have to get 2 stars.

There is clearly a Scuba Diving outfit, as I've seen some people in the community background with it. Not sure what the requirements are.

And I've seen people with a Statue of Liberty shirt, which sounds like someone confirmed that you receive that upon completing the Fit Meter challenge associated with that landmark.

That's all I got. Anyone got anything to add? We could keep the list going. I'm willing to bet money there is a Chicken Suit outfit from Bird's-Eye Bulls-Eye, but that game pisses me off.

I got the Snowball Fight outfit just by playing Snowball Fight until it unlocked after the last round where you lose your barricade. I'm assuming most of the events with unique costumes will probably unlock their costumes after unlocking all the modes and scoring well.

Finding a Fit Meter was tougher than I expected it to be. No stores near me had them (if GS and TRU websites were to be believed at least) and they were either marked up or out of stock online. I ordered one for in-store pickup at a Fry's near my job though. They only had two others left when I checked the Wii U section.

They're either selling fast or there aren't many out there at the moment, probably a mix of both.

RaidenZR

So here's an unlockable outfit update based on my own personal play time:

Snowball Fight Suit - Unlock Extra mode in Snowball Fight and get at least 2 stars.
Scuba Diver Suit - Unlock Advanced mode (10 minutes) and get at least 2 stars.

From other peoples' reports:
Statue of Liberty Shirt - Complete the Statue of Liberty goal within the Altitude Fit Meter Challenges.

That leaves one outfit left... unless you can get more and there's multiple clothes racks.

Digging core luge and trampoline - very fun. Was expecting some new Yoga forms though - hopefully DLC is on the way.

Just to be clear, I can get over the notion that it's going to force me to run demos of exercises I've been doing for months (though I wish it wouldn't—Plus carried over my history in this regard.) What I don't want to have to deal with is scores and commentary after every exercise from here on out. (Though scores would be great if they dismissed themselves automatically after a few seconds!)

Maybe it'll clear up in a day or two? I just hit day one this morning.
Yeah did my first personal routine yesterday. Horrible. If that sticks I'll keep to WiiFit+ for my Yoga routine. Hopefully it clears up/gets patched...so stupid.

Day 2:

Gained 1.3 pounds

Wii Fit Fail.
Weigh in each morning after you woke up with as less clothes as possible. This will get you the most comparable results.

From other peoples' reports:
Statue of Liberty Shirt - Complete the Statue of Liberty goal within the Altitude Fit Meter Challenges.

That leaves one outfit left... unless you can get more and there's multiple clothes racks.

Yeah got this one last night :) I'm also currently doing the London Marathon! I've a feeling that there will be quite a few more, guess we just have to wait and see what they are though.

zigg

Yeah did my first personal routine yesterday. Horrible. If that sticks I'll keep to WiiFit+ for my Yoga routine. Hopefully it clears up/gets patched...so stupid.
I did find that the first time through I missed the knobs to skip the exercise demos. It's kind of awkward to change it, but the upside is that you do also now get to pick reps instead of always adopting the lowest rep and just repeating it. The knobs in question are on the screen where you build your routine.

Still no idea how to get rid of the scoring or commentary though. I didn't see any other settings. Major downgrade. I sent an email to NOA about it yesterday so hopefully someone will eventually become aware. At least I managed to not buy the Fit Meter before I discovered this.

Robin64

Had to report some dick on Miiverse going round calling everyone fatty. Seemed odd, wondered what his problem was.

Roo

Had to report some dick on Miiverse going round calling everyone fatty. Seemed odd, wondered what his problem was.

He probably is fatter than the rest and did that to feel better about himself.
But seriously, making fun of people's weight is a shitty thing to do.

L~A

So, started playing yesterday, and joined the EU GAF community this morning. And damn, that place is a real sausage fest so far... :p

How long are you playing each day? I'm going for 30mn every business week day morning (no week-ends).

One thing that annoys me a bit is that the calories burnt when leaving an exercise midway isn't taken into account... there's that 30 minutes step exercises I started without realising it was 30 minutes long, so I leave after 10mn or so... and bam, nothing taken int account :(

Oh well.

Oh I dealt with that guy Saturday, hence my miiverse comment about how I was glad it's quite easy to report and block people. I'm sure Nintendo's Miiverse mods will be dealing with him soon - I reported him too

Also Euro-GAF has it's first goal achiever! Neil gets to sparkle in the background of our Wii Fit plazas, as a reminder that we need to get our fit on too

gundalf

So, started playing yesterday, and joined the EU GAF community this morning. And damn, that place is a real sausage fest so far... :p

How long are you playing each day? I'm going for 30mn every business week day morning (no week-ends).

One thing that annoys me a bit is that the calories burnt when leaving an exercise midway isn't taken into account... there's that 30 minutes step exercises I started without realising it was 30 minutes long, so I leave after 10mn or so... and bam, nothing taken int account :(

Oh well.

This was already with Wii Fit a problem, i think this is made on purpose but i can't think myself a reason why.

L~A

This was already with Wii Fit a problem, i think this is made on purpose but i can't think myself a reason why.

Well, it's not much of a problem (at least I know, now), but it'd be nice if it still calculated the number of calories burnt anyway.

Oh I dealt with that guy Saturday, hence my miiverse comment about how I was glad it's quite easy to report and block people. I'm sure Nintendo's Miiverse mods will be dealing with him soon - I reported him too

Also Euro-GAF has it's first goal achiever! Neil gets to sparkle in the background of our Wii Fit plazas, as a reminder that we need to get our fit on too

Ha ha, with my 'lose 10kg in 6 months', I don't think I'm gonna sparkle any time soon :p

cheapsuit

Neo Member

I've been able to end the bike tour around the island prematurely and retain my calorie count.

I spent around 10 minutes just riding around the island, not collecting check points and received a pop up that I could hit the brakes, then press and hold B on the remote to exit the challenge and keep my calorie burnt count.

I haven't played around much with the step or walking challenges, so I don't know if it works there as well. Or maybe the game was tired of me just goofing off on the bicycle.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Feels good to have a GAF community on miiverse. So far it's only about WiiFit U, but I could see it expand to other topics over time.

Tom_Cody

I biked to work this morning with my tracker on. It will be interesting to see what the data looks like when I get home tonight.

Has anyone experimented with this yet?

Lexxism

I biked to work this morning with my tracker on. It will be interesting to see what the data looks like when I get home tonight.

Has anyone experimented with this yet?

I remember reading that fit meter can't accurately measure biking. I don't know how data will looks like.

Unless I read it wrong

Tom_Cody

I'm curious about that too, it would be great if it works somehow.

I remember reading that fit meter can't accurately measure biking. I don't know how data will looks like.

Unless I read it wrong
To offer a preview, my commute is 8.82 miles and 510 calories according to my bike GPS tracker and the Wii Fit tracker is displaying ~3,700 steps and 225 calories.

So, yeah, not totally accurate but it still picks it up. I'm still interested to see what the graph is going to look like though. I might also get better results if I put the tracker on my thigh/pocket instead of my waist so it better picks up my pedaling motion.

Lexxism

To offer a preview, my commute is 8.82 miles and 510 calories according to my bike GPS tracker and the Wii Fit tracker is displaying ~3,700 steps and 225 calories.

So, yeah, not totally accurate but it still picks it up. I'm still interested to see what the graph is going to look like though. I might also get better results if I put the tracker on my thigh/pocket instead of my waist so it better picks up my pedaling motion.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Let us know the results if you did that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I might also get better results if I put the tracker on my thigh/pocket instead of my waist so it better picks up my pedaling motion.

I was thinking that this should work better. Mine arrive today at home, but I will sync it in the evening when I will get there. Unfortunately the weather is not good for biking. Maybe during the weekend...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't get any reading on my pedometer unless it is in my pocket.

Tom_Cody

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Let us know the results if you did that.

I was thinking that this should work better. Mine arrive today at home, but I will sync it in the evening when I will get there. Unfortunately the weather is not good for biking. Maybe during the weekend...
I'll try putting it in my pocket for my commute home and then I'll post the results. Since the route is the same this should give us very direct apples-to-apples comparison of the two methods. I've never taken screen caps from my Wii U before so I can't guarantee that I'll actually post an image of the results tonight though.

One note so far, the elevation data is amazingly accurate. It makes the elation data on my other tracker look like a joke. The Wii Fit tracker's elevation data is totally smooth and I can absolutely tell where I am at different times of the day based on elevation. The elevation on my iPhone app tracker is always an erratic mess that roughly approximates my changes in elevation.

Top Bottom