• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Ponn

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
3891014_shocked.gif
:lol LMFAO! Now why the hell didn't someone post a gif like this for the PS3 price bomb? Alot funnier then crabs.

None. Going to buy it to have fun play games together in front of the screen and not seperated online...
So Wii sports are great, rayman will probably be too, Mario Galaxy and more.
That's Nintendo for you.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ant1532 said:
No, but you can get 10 a month through VC!!!! :D

Anyways,yea, cmon start showin some Wii stuff so i can go to bed!

Damn straight.

What time you got class tomorrow?
I gotta get up for work at 7:30. Bah.

I just want something new to think about before I go to bed, so gimmie some game titles Mr. Japenese Conference.

ethelred said:
Then your expectations were out of whack. 60 at launch is excellent; 10 per month is excellent.

Or Iwata knows that if they release them all at once players will get lost in the sea of the VC titles and not download many that they normally would have had they staggered the release. This is the more likely case.

Ryun1

castle007 said:
That is what I was also thinking. Those bastards at NYT
It was probably scheduled to go live at the wrong time in their content management system. Happens all too easily. Also, they're bastards.:D

ant1532

Banned
John Harker said:
Damn straight.

What time you got class tomorrow?
I gotta get up for work at 7:30. Bah.

I just want something new to think about before I go to bed, so gimmie some game titles Mr. Japenese Conference.
lol, thats nothin!

You in EST time also? If your not, just so you know its 1:50 here and i have to wake up at 6:20!

ethelred

artful_dodger said:
Or Iwata knows that if they release them all at once players will get lost in the sea of the VC titles and not download many that they normally would have had they staggered the release. This is the more likely case.

Riiiiight... which is precisely why your expectations were out of whack and why 60 is excellent.

artful_dodger said:
Exactly. If you give someone a smorgasbord, they're not gonna be able to eat everything. 60 games at launch is good and 10 a month means I'll probably be more likely to spend on random VC titles.

artful_dodger said:
60 VC games at launch and 10 per month? I'm actually not impressed by that. UNLESS they are adding new features. Otherwise, wtf...you can (albeit illegally) download a zip file containing hundreds of SNES, GENNY, N64 games off of bit torrent in full emulation with just a few minutes of effort.

I was really expecting hundreds of launch ready VC titles...

That doesn't make any sense for either Nintendo or us. If you spread them out people will buy more. By throwing all the games out at once people will just choose their favs and forget about the rest, it just doesn't make good business sense. Plus it'll be better for us too, I know whenever I've dabbled with roms in the past you just get loads of them, play them for 5mins and don't touch most of them again. By staggering the releases you'll play them more guarenteed. I just hope StarFox 64 and Super Metroid aren't too far away :p

datruth29

artful_dodger said:
Yeah, this makes the most business sense. Unless their adding additional functionality to the games, they could potentially come out with a shitton of titles on launch. But this way they would probably end up making more money.

yilmazz

artful_dodger said:
Or Iwata knows that if they release them all at once players will get lost in the sea of the VC titles and not download many that they normally would have had they staggered the release.

And that exactly is why your expectations were out of whack.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
RSP said:
so where is the news, is he just shutting his mouth for over the past 20 minutes?

Maybe they had to wait for the torrent of hostile rage to die down before continuing?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ant1532 said:
lol, thats nothin!

You in EST time also? If your not, just so you know its 1:50 here and i have to wake up at 6:20!

aye - im in NY. pssssht; schools nothing. I have to convince people I do work all day tomorrow, haha.

Don't kill me, but I actually wouldn't mind Zelda being delayed to December. I wouldn't have been able to even touch anything else at launch. Now, WiiSports and Metroid Prime 3 FTW, and sweeeeeeet sweet Zelda comes soon enough (I can wait longer.)

I don't mind the price myself either, as I am still super excited about the Wii. I don't like what it could mean for its future success and thus developer support though. Well, we'll see how things work out, I guess.

And, VC news is awesome!

jiggle

Why the slow roll out of old games? I'd hate to wait for re-release of my favorite games sometimes in the future. It's not like they have to be reworked on with extra features like they do on XBLA? Or maybe the do?

PS1 games emulated on PSP is gonna be the same i bet. sucks :/

Nutter

Some of you bitching in this thread shouldnt even bother, you people werent going to buy it even if it was 200.

With that said, $250 for Wii is indeed more than I thought it would be.
But all of that can change if it comes with the right stuff, like say a 2nd controller and a free VC game of some kind.

Top Bottom