• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

ant1532

Banned
Don't we usually get cheaper than Japnese hardware... this is giveing me hope along with the pulled site..(but in my gut i know its just pulled from nintendo)

RSP

$212??

$250 redeemed!

maybe there will be a different pack for the US and EUR, like they did with the NES.

1 console
2 controllers
2 games
2 addon (zapper)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Barf_the_Mog said:
Why is Nintendo releaseding their console in America first when their brand is stronger in Japan? They did this with the DS, also, and look what happened - 10 million units vs 5 million sold.

...that's exactly why...

Barf_the_Mog said:
Why is Nintendo releaseding their console in America first when their brand is stronger in Japan? They did this with the DS, also, and look what happened - 10 million units vs 5 million sold.
They're trying to get it out by Thanksgiving. That's important. Not so much in Japan. As long as you hit early December in Japan, you're fine for New Years presents.

I think that's why they have a US conference tomorrow...
And they need to relaunch the brand here on home console since they have no rep here anymore...

Speevy

Banned
That December release date is a little rough, but Nintendo's going to kill Sony in Japan this year. There's no question about it.

Link648099 said:
How can you say that after all the articles about the price here just went up? I mean, I will be pwned if they were all wrong, and so will they, but it looks likely

agreed, a 50 dollar price difference is alittle excessive

Joe Molotov

Ponn01 said:
:lol LMFAO! Now why the hell didn't someone post a gif like this for the PS3 price bomb? Alot funnier then crabs.

It probably was. It was already posted once just today in response to Final Fantasy III only selling 50,000 copies this week.

Matt

Barf_the_Mog said:
Because it is important for the Wii to be on sale before Thanksgiving in America, where as in Japan such a requirement does not exist.

king zell

photo-20060914-055310-0-88d7e49b37dcb5a7edf23df6783db336.jpg

Firestorm

And It's 250,000 Yen including tax? We're getting gypped on the North American side >_>; Especially if Nintendo launches for $299.99 in Canada. If you add 13% tax.. Damn.

Firestorm said:
And It's 250,000 Yen including tax? We're getting gypped on the North American side >_>; Especially if Nintendo launches for $299.99 in Canada. If you add 13% tax.. Damn.

We always get the shaft, don't we? :(

Can anyone imagine what is going on at the Japanese equivalent of GAF?

This date annoucement probably just caused millions to have heart attacks

Ponn

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
It probably was. It was already posted once just today in response to Final Fantasy III only selling 50,000 copies this week.

WHAT!!!

FFIII only sold 50,000 this week? Goddamn it Japan needs to stop buying that Brain Training and Nintendog crap and recognize good games when they are given them on a silver platter.

Jonnyram

In the box:
1 piece of Wii
1 Wiicon strap
1 Nunchuck controller
1 AC adaptor
1 AV cable
1 stand
1 support plate (dunno what this is)
1 sensor bar
1 sensor bar stand
2x battery (AA)