• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

TerryLee81 said:
Wait for European prices and you will be happy with US prices...

I don't really have a problem with the price. Its just surprising since pricing usually goes US > Japan > Europe in terms of least expensive to most expensive.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Yamauchi said:
115821339701.jpg

All right, here comes the meat and potatoes.

_leech_ said:
We always get the shaft, don't we? :(

no no no!!!!! Nintendo of Canada is NICE now! or so they have been leading me to believe with their 34.99 DS games and 20 dollar DS rpice drop! now the DS is only 115% of the US price, so it shoduln't be more than 279.99-289.99 or something with exchange... ?

Firestorm said:
And It's 250,000 Yen including tax? We're getting gypped on the North American side >_>; Especially if Nintendo launches for $299.99 in Canada. If you add 13% tax.. Damn.

Come on Pepsi, be the first to wii contest sounds great about now.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Don't get your hopes up for a lower price point then Japan. As cvxfreak has stated multiple times, it looks like Nintendo's following the DS strategy and that means North America takes one for the team pricewise.

Yamauchi

Banned
2006年12月2日、25,000円
“WiiTM”発売
任天堂株式会社は、今年12月2日(土曜日)に、全く新しい家庭内電子娯楽体験を創
出する新娯楽機「Wii」を25,000円(消費税込み希望小売価格)で国内発売する
ことといたしましたので、お知らせします。
発売いたしますこのWii(「ウィー」と発音します)の本体セットには以下が含まれま
す。
*Wii本体 x1
*Wiiリモコン ストラップ付き x1
*ヌンチャクコントローラ x1
*Wii専用ACアダプタ x1
*Wii専用AVケーブル x1
*Wii本体専用スタンド x1
*Wii本体専用補助プレート x1
*Wii専用センサーバー x1
*センサーバースタンド x1
*単三乾電池 x2

CoolS

2006年12月2日、25,000円
“WiiTM” 発売

任天堂株式会社は、今年12月2日(土曜日)に、全く新しい家庭内電子娯楽体験を創出する新娯楽機「Wii」を25,000円(消費税込み希望小売価格)で国内発売することといたしましたので、お知らせします。

発売いたしますこのWii(「ウィー」と発音します)の本体セットには以下が含まれます。

*Wii本体 ×1
*Wiiリモコン ストラップ付き ×1
*ヌンチャクコントローラ ×1
*Wii専用ACアダプタ ×1
*Wii専用AVケーブル ×1
*Wii本体専用スタンド ×1
*Wii本体専用補助プレート ×1
*Wii専用センサーバー ×1
*センサーバースタンド ×1
*単三乾電池 ×2

なお、国外での発売予定と価格に関しましては、近日中にそれぞれの現地子会社から発表する予定です。
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060914.html

Someone translate it!

ant1532

Banned
115821339904.jpg

115821339914.jpg

115821339924.jpg

通常リモコン
ヌンチャクコントローラ
クラシックコントローラ
それぞれの価格です。

Jonnyram said:
In the box:
1 piece of Wii
1 Wiicon strap
1 Nunchuck controller
1 AC adaptor
1 AV cable
1 stand
1 support plate (dunno what this is)
1 sensor bar
1 sensor bar stand
2x battery (AA)

Please tell me one of these is the Wiimote:lol

Wow $30 wiimote? Not bad

Krowley

Ganondorf>Link said:
Considering it includes tax, that would almost exactly translate to $199 for USA. Why the hell would Nintendo charge us $50 more?

So that they can afford to make it cheaper in their strongest and most important market... Basicly we are eating it so that nintendo can attack sony more aggressivley in japan.

Long term it's probably a smart move... The key for nintendo is to take japanese support away from sony this gen. That's their path to market dominance (if things went perfectly).

It is a little overpriced for us though... I hope there are 2 SKU's unless it comes with multiple controllers.

loosus

Banned
The Virtual Console news is actually pretty decent. The prices aren't spectacular, but I could see myself buying a few games.

Everything else Nintendo has said has been a collective disaster. I figured today would be the "Everything That's Announced Is At Least Neutral But Certainly Not Bad" day, but this is extremely shitty so far.

Hayami

Banned
just finished translating (phew!):

In the box:
1 piece of Wii
1 Wiicon strap
1 Nunchuck controller
1 AC adaptor
1 AV cable
1 stand
1 sensor bar
1 sensor bar stand
2x battery (AA)

pilonv1

1 piece of Wii
1 Wiicon strap
1 Nunchuck controller
1 AC adaptor
1 AV cable
1 stand
1 sensor bar
1 sensor bar stand
2x battery (AA)

"1 piece of Wii" :lol I'd say the support plate is the thing the console sits in.

Standard AV cables and no 2nd Wiimote = boo-urns.

So, is Wii Sports not being bundled with the system in Japan? That would explain the lower price (and only one controller being bundled).

Jonnyram said:
In the box:
1 piece of Wii
1 Wiicon strap
1 Nunchuck controller
1 AC adaptor
1 AV cable
1 stand
1 sensor bar
1 sensor bar stand
2x battery (AA)
Here is the pack-in info people missed.

Ponn01 said:
WHAT!!!

FFIII only sold 50,000 this week? Goddamn it Japan needs to stop buying that Brain Training and Nintendog crap and recognize good games when they are given them on a silver platter.

Those are shortages obviously.

adg1034

2006 December 2nd, 25,000 Yen
“WiiTM” sale

Because the Nintendo Co. corporation December 2nd this year (Saturday), (consumption including tax desired retail price) with the country 25,000 Yen new amusement machines “Wii” which create the electronic amusement experience inside completely new home to sell, we inform.

This Wii which we sell (pronounces “[ui]”) or less is included in substance set.

*Wii itself ×1
*Wii remote control strap attachment ×1
* [nunchiyakukontorora] ×1
*Wii private AC adapter ×1
*Wii private AV cable ×1
*Wii itself private stand ×1
*Wii itself private auxiliary plate ×1
*Wii private sensor bar ×1
* Plug server stand ×1
* Single three dry cell batteries ×2

from another board... said:
What I am supposted to do if this is true? The Wii was just about the last thing I had left that was keeping me hanging on.

Ever since I lost my job at the end of june everything has been going to pot in my life.

The sheer stress of trying to get a job....

getting very close to getting one I really wanted but got turned down

forced to to take a crappy job I don't want so I could earn enough money to go back to school.

sister gone to school leaving me feeling very alone with none my own age in the house to talk too...

lately life keeps flaunting an attractive person infont of me while making it impossible for me to even get to know them.

It's all just adding up to major suckage and this could be the last straw to break the camels back...

I have enough money for Wii set aside.. $300 candian plus at least another $200 for cutting the lawn this summer... That's going to barely cut it thanks to TAX.

And if Zelda isn't there at launch what reason would their be to buy it anyhow?

My heart is sinking and I'm going to break out in tears... God this is a nightmare of epic preportions to me.

What the hell:lol

Top Bottom