• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Jonnyram said:
In the box:
1 piece of Wii
1 Wiicon strap
1 Nunchuck controller
1 AC adaptor
1 AV cable
1 stand
1 support plate (dunno what this is)
1 sensor bar
1 sensor bar stand
2x battery (AA)

AC adaptor??

does that mean there's gonna be a power brickish thing after all?

castle007

Banned
Ok nintendo WTF is wrong with you???

No second controller??

I hope the price difference is because there is going to be a 2nd controller in the US one.

ronito

My gosh outside of the VC stuff this whole thing is just piling bad news on top of bad news.

$250?!!
Well at least it'll have a game
What?! Wii Sports?!!! That's a tech demo!
Oh well at least it'll have two controllers.
Only one Controller?!!!
And it's $32 to buy another one?!!
What's next Zelda's not a launch title?

Yamauchi said:
115821339701.jpg

本体同時発売 = On sale at the same time as the console

Krowley said:
So that they can afford to make it cheaper in their strongest and most important market... Basicly we are eating it so that nintendo can attack sony more aggressivley in japan.

Long term it's probably a smart move... The key for nintendo is to take japanese support away from sony this gen. That's their path to market dominance (if things went perfectly).

It is a little overpriced for us though... I hope there are 2 SKU's unless it comes with multiple controllers.

They pretty much have to target Sony in Japan. Microsofts price point doesn't matter to them there since the system doesn't sell anyways. $250 bucks looks alot better when compared to $600.

Terrell

sangreal said:
:lol at people who think 25,000 yen means less than $250 in the US
Why shouldn't it be?

NES, SNES, N64 and GCN weren't priced by dividing the yen by 100, as they shouldn't be since product pricing in Japan pre-includes tax.

Frankly I don't give a shit about the price personnaly. I care about getting more titles on the Wii than we had on the Gamecube. If I want 'brown' games, I have a 360 and will have a PS3. But for real fun and innovation, there is only Nintendo.

pilonv1

Hero said:
Only one remote?! WTF? No Wii Sports for Japan in the box?

That would explain the price discrepency, plus the market there is more likely to be receptive of the Wii after the DS. Western markets could use the pack in to help people get used to it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2:06 a.m. EST [update 10]: The press release is up. It lists the contents of the Wii box: Wii console, Wii remote (w/ strap) Nunchuck attachment, Wii AC adaptor, Wii A/V cable, Wii console stand(?), sensor bar, sensor bar stand and two AA batteries.

Rlan

Selling nunchuck and Wiimote seperately? What the hell?

[Though there probably will be a full controller too with both, those being in case one gets broken?]

Hero

Ah, Wii Sports is a more budget priced 4800 yen.

Yes, this makes sense. Japan is more likely to accept Wii Sports bad graphics and buy it as a seperate SKU title. In America they're going to package it with the Wii because us Americans are shallow. Huzzah!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So the japenese version is cheaper and doesn't come with Wii Sports.

This uh.... makes sense people. Whats the problem?

If Japenese system = 215 and US system - 250 then simple math means Wii Sports = 35

crunker99

Also [ronchitaitoru] of Wii became announcement. Simultaneously with substance from 10 corporations 16 titles in sale. 'Also [zeruda]' and 'Wii sport' etc are included in line-up. Furthermore 'as for [zeruda]', with including tax 6800 Yen. As for the price range of the software, the possibility that it becomes 4800 Yen ~6800 circle.

from famitsu, seems to indicate both zelda nad wii sports avilable at launch

pilonv1

castle007 said:
40 bucks for Wii sport. Japan got owned big time. But it will sell like crazy. Smart move by nintendo

More like everyone else owned who doesn't get forced with Wii Sports. So it probably is a $200 console with a $50 pack in game.

Top Bottom