• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
John Harker said:
:lol :lol The first post has a looooooooooooooooot of updating to do! :)

Speaking of which...
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW AMIROX!? ;)

and is $250 worth it now everyone?
does all that software come loaded or is that separate shit?

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
h-104_60004_d2.jpg.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
TheGreatDave said:
I think they would have shown video if it was there - the 512mb memory probably limits them.

I'm pretty sure that's video. There's also an expandable SD card slot as well as USB ports.

Tomorrow is gonna be freakin' insane. I understand Japanese well enough to get the point, but to have all this stuff reiterated to me in English is just gonna make my day. Goodnight and see you guys in the morning.

Matt

TheGreatDave said:
From IGN, new to me:

One of the channels available on Wii is called the "Mii Channel." Here, players can customize avatars by selecting from a variety of face shapes, hair styles, color schemes, and so on. The hook is that these avatars can not only be stored on the console itself, they can also be transfered to the Wii remote itself -- presumably so players can easily access their personalized characters and take them with them when playing against friends.
YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PERSONA WITH YOU IN THE WiiMOTE!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Bandicoot

What is this? Wii Play game comes with an extra controller?

3:03 a.m. [update 23] Tidbits: Famitsu says there are 34 playable games at the event, but Gemega says 44. The game we earlier called "Your First Wii Games" might actually be called "Wii Play" and comes with an extra controller.

From Joystiq.

I'm not nearly as excited as most of you people... and duckroll said that Matsuno was just commenting on the Wii, not that he was developing anything.

That Swords of Legendia thing is interesting, though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bandicoot said:

3:03 a.m. [update 23] Tidbits: Famitsu says there are 34 playable games at the event, but Gemega says 44. The game we earlier called "Your First Wii Games" might actually be called "Wii Play" and comes with an extra controller.

From Joystiq.

Yah it comes with a wiimote, jonnyram said this earlier in the thread.

ethelred

Chris Michael said:
I'm not nearly as excited as most of you people... and duckroll said that Matsuno was just commenting on the Wii, not that he was developing anything.

That Swords of Legendia thing is interesting, though.

WHY else would they feature an interview with Matsuno?

ant1532

Banned
Bandicoot said:

From Joystiq.
It was the party looking gam ewith all the avatar characters

Duderz

Banned
Just seeing Super Mario World made me all giddy inside.

What an incredible little machine. $250 is definitely no big deal.

Jiggy

Slurpy said:
Ignore my last comment

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/07.html

Watch those videos. I swear I'm almost orgasming. Never have I seen something so visually dynamic and appealing, from any system that smokes wii technically. Watch that photo tornado thing. Its ****ing magical. The whole interface is slick as hell. I'm a sucker for this shit. Damn them for the $250- but this is mine. I've been broken.

I could never think of this kind of shit. You have to commend them for this ridiculous power of imagination, and just how much you can actually do and implement with this technology. That photoshop thing also looks kickass.
I'm stunned. :eek:

Where did Nintendo's developers come from, and where were they while the company was busy sucking from 1996-2004? This photo interface is superb.

Duderz said:
Just seeing Super Mario World made me all giddy inside.

What an incredible little machine. $250 is definitely no big deal.
Yea, what an incredible little machine that can play decade-old games. AMAZING

Hyjinx

I'm sold. That interface is slick and looks like it has a lot of functionality. I can just have my Wii on chillin and I can grab it to check something at any given moment.

Matt said:
YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PERSONA WITH YOU IN THE WiiMOTE!!! HELL YEAH!!!

But can you steal someone else's? OMG SOUL TAKER WII CONFIRMED!

(receives a phone call at 3am) Stranger: "We're holding your Wii persona hostage. We demand a ransom of 10,000 Wii Points, bitch."

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I'm emotionally confused.

I just got home at 1:00 am after being out all day- first thread I open is the one about wii being $250. With the comments, it seemed like the system is doomed and Nintendo sealed its own coffin.

Then I come to this thread- and I actually see content from the wii. All I can say is that I utterly have no words. I don't I've EVER been this impressed by Nintendo on such a large scale. They haven't been sleeping- thats for sure. This is going to be huge. The japanese are going to absolutely rape this system. And I have a feeling its going to do pretty damn well everywhere else.

dkeane

The coolest part about the interface is that you'll actually be pointing at your choices with the remote. I can't wait to try this out. I think it'll feel really fresh.

Flo_Evans

:lol

I like how before it was "I just want a game console"

now everyone if freaking out over google earth and a photo album. (They do look rather nice though ;)

give me more!!! am excited again total!

Top Bottom