• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Snaku

Banned
All I have to say before I go to bed is: holy shit Nintendo, nice work.

Can't wait for the NOA presentation later today.

Matt

sp0rsk said:
How does the interface compare to the xbox360s?
Kicks the shit out of it.

And you know what else? Look at how many empty spots there are in the Wii channel lineup. You KNOW they will be adding more and more in the future.

StephaneC

yodandy said:
RE FOR WII!!!!

captured by me from the new trailer thingy here!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/movie/lineup.html

2uh1klv.jpg

your welcome!
OMG Resident Evil Re-Rebirth

TiVo

Ford Prefect said:
Did you see how easily that flower was put in the little girl's ****ing hair??!!!!?!??!?!

HOLY SHIT SO COOL

So now Gaf's famous photoshoppers can distribute via the Wii. I expect everyone in here to be my Wii-Friends.:)

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Apple, pay attention. The next iphoto BETTER look like that.

Watching those videos almost made every other company seem creatively bankrupt in comparison.

HyperZone<3 said:
Its not Pilotwings. Its Wing Island (from the good people at Hudson Soft).

Still looks pretty dang ace though.

Boo! Well still looked pretty slick and maybe it can fill that Pilotwings void a little.

Still excited, but I would have liked an actual Pilotwings game. Guess I'll have to keep my eye on it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok, for NA and Europe, I'm expecting more details on specific games. Especially Miyamoto's new IP.

On the photo thing: how big of an external SD card would it take to host/save all those pictures? No way that tornado of pictures was all stored on that dinky hard drive.

The GUI looks absolutely stunning... but the games will determine whether I spend $250 on one at launch, and thus far I'm not completely sure. The US event should answer some questions.

Dracos

I'm so worried that after my fiancee sees this interface that I'll have to buy 2 Wiis. One for my theater room and one for the living room.

I can't wait until TGS for the upcoming Wii interface vs. PS3 XMB arguments.

Amir0x

Banned
jj984jj said:
I what those developers are saying, and I'm glad Matsuno isn't dead. Amir0x and Y2K are going to be happy as well. :)

happy, but it's surreal... he came back to life to, uh, say how great FPS will be on Wii? :lol

Some form of this new interface has GOT to be backed into the next installment of the DS

DS2 with Wii Photo and all this other amazing interface

CAN'T HANDLE POTENTIAL COOLNESS OF THIS DEVICE

*passes out

fse

the photo modes and news/weather internet stuff should have been on the 360.
wii seems to be a lifestyle device.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Slurpy said:
Apple, pay attention. The next iphoto BETTER look like that.

The thing is, it most likely will!

The OSX 10.5 Core Animation demo basically did all that, and the whole concept is straight from their current iPod Nano advert - including the tornado! The parallels with Apple are spooky ...

3:22 a.m. [update 27] WiiConnect24 will feature a BBS-like message board system that can cross-post to and from cell phones, computers and other Wii consoles.

Dracos

gettergooey said:
3:22 a.m. [update 27] WiiConnect24 will feature a BBS-like message board system that can cross-post to and from cell phones, computers and other Wii consoles.

Ok we get it Nintendo. You want to win again. Fine.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
gettergooey said:

Can't ... take ... much .... more

Mr Toast

HyperZone<3 said:
Its not Pilotwings. Its Wing Island (from the good people at Hudson Soft).

Still looks pretty dang ace though.

Is that the one formerly known as Wii Airplane, or was that just a tech demo?

careksims

At first I was like "I'm gonna buy it and stuff" Now I'm like "I WANTS IT NOW!!!" I'm so in love with the interface and the what it has to offer. I gladly pay $250 if it comes to that.

Top Bottom