• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Jonnyram

So 16 games at launch, 27 by the end of the year.
Not bad at all.

And I feel obliged to add in every post I make:
"This interface ****ing rocks"

Sallokin

For me personally, Nintendo overdelivered. After watching that video I'm way more amped than I initially was. I can't wait for more juicy tidbits from the U.S. event tomorrow. Too bad I'll be at the dentist.

and WOW at Matsuno. I can't wait to see what comes from that.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nintendo have completely reinvented themselves. Very impressive stuff.

This does mirror Apple's reinvention with the iPod quite a lot.

Ark-AMN

Banned
The video was nice, though I can't jump to any conclusions regarding some of those games because really, we only saw a brief second or two of footage for some of them, excluding Zelda and some of the more "mini-game" style titles.

PkunkFury

sp0rsk said:
Yah it comes with a wiimote, jonnyram said this earlier in the thread.

I'd think it means it comes with the gun shell since this is the one with duckhunt, maybe not though. A 35$ wiimote is a hell of a pack in

Jiggy

underfooter said:
GUYS CHECK THIS OUT!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/11.html

............multiple game avators. THAT must be what the controller memory is for.
Why is it that creating characters and making them run around and stand at attention to the sound of a whistle looks more entertaining than ~55% of the games I buy?

Also: I'm very happy right now to live on the west coast. I can handle at least two more hours of this if need be. How long does it go?

I'm dissapointed by the lack of excitement for the announcement of Pilotwings!

Granted it was a small little clip, and maybe I missed some prior announcement...

BUT PILOTWINGS GUYS!

Come on!

yodandy said:
RE FOR WII!!!!

captured by me from the new trailer thingy here!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/movie/lineup.html

2uh1klv.jpg

your welcome!

I was about to do the same, thanks for saving the trouble.

I was about to do it though, to point out that those are REmake screens.

Guess today lived up to the MEGATON moniker, hopefully there will be more surprises with the US annoucement...

How long you think before the interface + features (photo, customizable avatar, etc) is gonna be ripped off by another company?

Ristamar

fugimax said:
Dig through these videos guys....there's a LOT here. Built-in photo editing, calendar, MAIL, and more...

Yeah, I've watched almost all of them, and it looks surprisingly deep. Wish I could read japanese so I knew exactly what I was looking at...

BulletSmoke said:
Guess today lived up to the MEGATON moniker, hopefully there will be more surprises with the US annoucement...

How long you think the interface + features (photo, customizable avatar, etc) is gonna be ripped off by another company?
Next Live Dashboard update?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
slide80.jpg

so how much is that?

slide81.jpg

and how much is a point worth.

yodandy

Son of Godzilla said:
I was about to do the same, thanks for saving the trouble.

I was about to do it though, to point out that those are REmake screens.

Hm I guess you could be right...but whyyy

Jiggy

TheGreatDave said:
I said wow. Over and over again. Me in Wario Ware? That's like...a dream.
It's like they finally found a way to make use of the ideas that they had way back with the Game Boy Camera, but that the hardware wouldn't allow for.

Red Mercury said:
I'm dissapointed by the lack of excitement for the announcement of Pilotwings!

Granted it was a small little clip, and maybe I missed some prior announcement...

BUT PILOTWINGS GUYS!

Come on!
Its not Pilotwings. Its Wing Island (from the good people at Hudson Soft).

Still looks pretty dang ace though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG MAAAAAAAAAAAATSUUUUUUUUUUUNO!

Still need to see some more games, but not bad so far!! Great interface for everything it seems, it would not work with a normal controller either. At first I thought it'd be horrible, but I forgot about all the motion stuff at the moment.

I what those developers are saying, and I'm glad Matsuno isn't dead. Amir0x and Y2K are going to be happy as well. :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
yjs666 said:

Is that quite cheap for a controller? Im not US and I'm used to being milked for like 80 kiwi bucks on controllers.

Top Bottom