• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Bets that the US conference will show off media player side of the Wii software (MP3 etc), and DVD is still in!
i bet you can handle mp3 on your Wii and throw it across to your DS on an SD card if you have the mp3 player.

Also didn't NoE state they still have something to reveal? i think we wont know everything till all 3 are over.

jko

Zerodoppler said:
h-104_59966_c01.jpg.jpg
h-104_59966_c02.jpg.jpg
MARBLE MADNESS RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 1 purchase :D

cvxfreak

I noticed that Zelda's subtitle in Japanese is actually the same as it is in English. Before, it used to be in Japanese for Japan and English elsewhere.

P.S. I love that Pokemon BR video. Shinou Gods vs. Hoenn Gods :D

Amir0x

Banned
Sunski said:
It has been overlooked! My new most wanted game!

If it's like Marble Madness, count me in... it's one of the few NES games i still return to from time to time (i also liked the Mercury game)

AniHawk

I thought that marble game was Super Monkey Ball. I was thinking, "Damn! Super Monkey Ball looks GREAT!"

Oh well. Looks like I wont be getting either.

Krowley

Marble madness is the perfect type of concept to try on the Wii, of course, monkey ball is already doing it, but this looks more faithfull.

edit// and i don't see zelda looking especially next gen... Rayman, Pokemon and Mario do, but Zelda looks only slightly upgraded from the GC version to me... Maybe i will think different if i see a larger video file.

F#A#Oo

Banned
HAHAHA...You american's crack the shít out of me...I just woke up and all I read is over-reaction to a $250...HAHAH:lol

Even if Nintendo is over-pricing the Wii (which they aren't)...they have a good product on their hands and it will sell. If you guys can't afford a $50 more then you were expecting i.e $199 then you shouldn't be gaming...it's obviously not a hobby you can afford. $50!!haha I spend that much in a single day on travelling to and from work...:lol

My only disappointment is that Nintendo are not hitting non-gamers/impulse buyers at $250...like they promised.

sangreal

I posted in the other thread, but today's USA TODAY confirms the NY Times info

The final pieces of this fall's video game battle fall into position today as Nintendo announces that its new Wii home system will sell for $250 -- half the price of Sony's cheapest PlayStation 3 -- and launch Nov. 19, two days after the PS3.

The two next-generation systems face Microsoft's Xbox 360, which will have had a year's head start; the anticipated 360 game Gears of War, out Nov. 7, is expected to boost sales.

But Nintendo is deploying a different approach than the others. The cutting-edge 360 ($300-$400) and PS3 ($500-$600) support HD video -- and the PS3 uses the just-out Blu-ray HD disc format -- while Wii (pronounced "we") depends on more conventional technology.

But Wii's unique wireless motion-sensitive controller has captured the attention of game designers and players. "We think all the other initiatives in the home console space have been much too hardcore-gamer-focused. We want consumers to be able to pick up (the Wii controller) and play," says Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

Nintendo plans to have 4 million systems shipped worldwide by year's end, he says. Sony recently reduced from 4 million to 2 million the number of PS3s likely to reach the USA and Japan this year. Analysts expect U.S. retailers to have about 400,000 PS3s and about 1 million Wii systems at launch.

Included with Wii is the Wii Sports game (with tennis, golf, basketball and bowling), the controller and a "nunchuck" attachment. Other details:

*Wii owners can download and play games from Nintendo's older NES, Super NES and Nintendo 64 systems and NEC's TurboGrafx. Initially, about 30 games (usually $5 to $10) will be available, including The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario 64. Games are saved on SD memory cards, which can also be used to import digital pictures.

*Built-in high-speed Net connectivity (including WiFi) lets Wii gather news and weather updates, plus messages from other Wii owners.

In the game-system battle, Wii "is a wild card," says DFC Intelligence analyst David Cole. "Is it going to be so unique that people are going to really rush and buy it -- or be leery?"

Nameless

HisBrother said:
Hey, it looks alot better than some next-gen games. This game practically blows away all Xbox games while im at it. That is in art style.

The game will be amazing, but it doesn't scream "Next Generation graphics!!"--not even for a little bit. I've been looking forward to this vision of Zelda since what? Spaceworld 2000? But i'm not going to go overboard and say that it has next-generation visuals.. The Art style IS great, though.

jko

F#A#Oo said:
My only disappointment is that Nintendo are not hitting non-gamers/impulse buyers at $250...like they promised.
no worries, they're hitting the fans and gamers in the first wave. once thats done in several months the $250 price tag will leave room for a price cut, thus $199 or even $229 would be alot more attractive to the rest of the people they are targetting :)

SuomiDude

Nameless said:
The game will be amazing, but it doesn't scream "Next Generation graphics!!"--not even for a little bit. I've been looking forward to this vision of Zelda since what? Spaceworld 2000? But i'm not going to go overboard and say that it has next-generation visuals.. The Art style IS great, though.

Goes to show how much art style can do. Actually I don't even like the art style of this game much, but I still think it's one of the most beautiful games on any system.

Nameless said:

I think thats the only reason its seen as a game with GRAPHICAL powers.

Sunski

So what have Nintendo held back for the US presentation?

Media Player?

DVD?

Smash Bros Footage?

Disaster Day of Crisis footage?

Online gaming?

Rocked

Can you see your online friends as avatars? I mean why is there hundreds of avatars walking around on that video?? There wouldn't be that many people stored on one Wii!

Sunski

HisBrother said:
I think thats the only reason its seen as a game with GRAPHICAL powers.

Exactly. It is just a beautiful game IMO. I can't imagine how they could improve its look. Ten tonnes of plastic and shiney? Then it would look shit.

Arent you setting up a disappointmenton yourself, when you expect new things from US- and EU-event? I think, there´ll be the same games/trailer and the different launch-dates and prices.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DefectiveReject said:
Bets that the US conference will show off media player side of the Wii software (MP3 etc), and DVD is still in!
i bet you can handle mp3 on your Wii and throw it across to your DS on an SD card if you have the mp3 player.

Also didn't NoE state they still have something to reveal? i think we wont know everything till all 3 are over.

don't care if its not HD. Same with web browsing and photo viewing. Even if the tech is shit, you can still handle 720p for photos. Come on nintendo - you have component cables, give us 720p dashboard at least

Sunski said:

Media Player?

DVD?

Smash Bros Footage?

Online gaming?

-American Wii launch details.

-Online gaming.

-Some other games.

Inshallah.

I'm a tad concerned and surprised that Nintendo would launch after Sony. Ok it's only 2 days. I guess it depends who shows off their stuff in adverts first. If Nintendo gets busy they could make the ps3 controller look like a hash job knock off very easily. In Japan it'll be weirder but ps3 will be sold out most of the time for the first 6months I'd imagine.

Nameless said:

I happen to think Zelda looks absolutely astonishing. When I saw it at E3 2004 in trailer I was likeomg.

Then I played it at 05 - looks amazing. I'm surprised the game that's been in development for so long can look so amazing back then even. GCN is the little engine that could, that's for sure.

And I never managed to find that NeoGaf IRC. Sigh. Damn exclusionary tactics..

Batongen

Banned
haha.. it's all about the games, right ;) I'll be happy, maybe not 100 % satisfied, with the 250 if it includes Wii sports (was going to buy it anyway). The "Mii" service is nice but it will never substitute the game machine.. Come on Nintendo, release some more adventure games.

Polari

Sunski said:

Media Player?

DVD?

Smash Bros Footage?

Online gaming?

Hopefully all of the above. I suspect if a media player comes at all, it'll be a year or so down the track and as a VC download though.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
See ya in 2 years guys when the Wii software are going to be awesome total!!! until then...

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Oh my God, that Rayman trailer was amazing! I can't believe I'm interested in a mini-game game.

Anyway, no Donkey Kong Wii. And what about Miyamoto's new IP? :(

Sunski

VicAlpha said:
See ya in 2 years guys when the Wii software are going to be awesome total!!! until then...

Zelda.

Metroid.

Mario.

Forever Blue (YES I SAID IT!)

What are you waiting for? Grand Theft Icarus?

Amir0x said:
i guess that confirms only one nunchuck/remote with the system :|

That so doesn't make sense to me. I mean, purely based on the fact that Wii Sports is a 2 player experience.

Releasing the Wii bundle without 2 Wiimotes is like releasing NES with Duck Hunt but without the Zapper... :-/

Top Bottom