• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

E-phonk

Banned
9:12 EST: Craig, Matt and Mark are tired. They pass the time by talking about the awesome GUI for Wii. Readers couldn't give a damn.

9:15 EST: NOA's VP of marketing and corporate affairs Perrin Kaplan takes the stage. Says Nintendo is going to get started and apologizes for being late. Promises to wrap things up quickly and then invites attendees to play Wii after the presentation.

9:15 EST: Mr. Iwata is in flight to Europe to join NOE for presentation later, Perrin says. Perrin says the presentation will last less than an hour and will be followed by a question and answer session.

9:16 EST: NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime takes stage. "Yes, we will reveal all of the relevant information for Wii. Date, price, how many, titles -- all of that information," Reggie says. "But more importantly, today marks our next planned step in driving this industry forward."

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm disappointed with the $250 price point. I thought $199 was a lock. As for the pack-in....Wii Sports isn't my cup of tea but I think casuals will eat it up.

Kawaii

9:21 a.m.: Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime has taken the stage, announcing today as Nintendo's "next planned step" in driving the video game industry forward.

Nintendo's strategy "is based on one core belief. That the next step in gaming, is bringing gaming back to the masses." Fils-Aime states the importance of bringing gaming to "new gamers" -- people who don't even consider themselves part of the videogame industry.

Fils-Aime is detaling five products that Nintendo has brought into the industry to innovate -- the first is the Nintendo DS, the second is Touch Generations.

Reggie pointed out that 35% of Nintendo's first party sales came from New Super Mario Bros. but those sales were stlil less than the sales of Nintendo's Touch Generation titles.

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5519593

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm going to take Nov 20th (Monday) off from work today...

And preorder at the Nintendo World Store (NYC) as soon as I can.

Whose with me!

9:23 am: The Regginator speaks! "The next step in gaming is bringing gaming back to the masses." Obviously it's working for them so far, if you'll notice the brain-training craze and the runaway popularity of the DS. Not surprisingly, those are exactly the products he's talking about now.

Rocked

Kawaii said:
9:21 a.m.: Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime has taken the stage, announcing today as Nintendo's "next planned step" in driving the video game industry forward.

Nintendo's strategy "is based on one core belief. That the next step in gaming, is bringing gaming back to the masses." Fils-Aime states the importance of bringing gaming to "new gamers" -- people who don't even consider themselves part of the videogame industry.

Fils-Aime is detaling five products that Nintendo has brought into the industry to innovate -- the first is the Nintendo DS, the second is Touch Generations.

Where are you getting this from??

i'm gonna buy one cause i still think the system is awesome.

but this is probably x360's best scenario. It can drop the tard pack to be the same price as a wii. Which, when side by side, isn't really close when jimmy america looks at the screens.

Sgt. Killjoy said:
i was thinking a max $49.99 price for games would help give it another advantage. a small one, but an advantage none the less.

You don't have much to worry about since if the price most 3rd parties are going for is 50 then you aren't going to have others who want to try to get more than that and risk having people ignore their game because of that.

Kawaii

flipping_heck said:
9:23 am: The Regginator speaks! "The next step in gaming is bringing gaming back to the masses." Obviously it's working for them so far, if you'll notice the brain-training craze and the runaway popularity of the DS. Not surprisingly, those are exactly the products he's talking about now.
Where are you reading?

fse

Wii goes on sale November 19. "The worldwide debut of the Wii system happens right here in the Americas -- the same place where we debuted Nintendo DS. On November 19, it will be available at more than 25,000 points of distribution across the Americas. And with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $249.99. One price. One configuration. One color." Which is, for the record, white.

9:25 EST; Today, he says, Nintendo will explain its plans for altering the controller interface and the game.

Wii goes on sale November 19. "The worldwide debut of the Wii system happens right here in the Americas -- the same place where we debuted Nintendo DS. On November 19, it will be available at more than 25,000 points of distribution across the Americas. And with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $249.99. One price. One configuration. One color." Which is, for the record, white.

jjasper

Man just got the news. I don't like that it is $250 and comes out 2 days after PS3. I want to get the classic controller, another Wiimote, component cables, at least 2 games, and some VC stuff so this is going to be ~$400 ordeal. That is going to be one hell of a weekend and might push me to get a PS3 sometime next year unless Sony has some megaton at TGS.

PS: Wii boxing :D

Majmun

Pureauthor said:
I really don't get this.

PS3 = Large boost in power, marginal boost in control

Wii = Large boost in control, marginal boost in power

One costs USD 600. One costs USD 250.

What else?

Ps3 can have the same controls as Wii.

But can Wii have the same graphics as Ps3?

SolidSnakex said:
9:25 EST; Today, he says, Nintendo will explain its plans for altering the controller interface and the game.

I... I wanted black...

Plans to ship 4 million Wii consoles between launch and December 31. Americas will receive the largest share of stock.

Inside the box, you'll get the hardware, all the cables, the sensor bar. One Wii remote and one nunchuck controller.

Reggie says there are 40 demo units here today with more than two dozen Wii games. Some are updated versions of games and some are brand new -- that we've never seen before.

Reggie said:
9:18 EST: Talks about Nintendo DS. "So far in 2006, everyone is pleased with industry revenue growth that is just about 8 percent through August. But the main contributor to that success is Nintendo DS. If you back out DS growth from the equation, the total equation is 2 percent growth."
This is awesome spin :lol, what if you took the 360 out, what would the growth be then.

EDIT: ****, one color, it'll go with the 360 at least.

Top Bottom