• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

9:30 EST: Invites NOA player to show off Wii Sports Bowling. "Been designed from the ground up to be playable by absolutely everyone," player says.

To play the game, the controller is swung backward and then pushed forward -- almost like you'd hit a golf ball. It's as simple as that. You can give the ball spin by tilting the controller as you release.

Polari

$250 is lame. Ditch Wii Sports and price it at $199 or even $215 if you're that tight, morons.

White only at launch is disappointing but predictable and logical.

9:29 am: But what's in the box? One Wii remote, one nunchuk both included. Don't forget about Wii Sports, the first pack-in game at launch since the SNES. Speaking of which, we're now seeing a demo of bowling, one of the games included in Wii Sports.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Now I'm a little pissed. I was fine with the 250 price point because I was going to buy Wii Sports anyway. 250 without the game sucks.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh noes, $250. America am rosebudded. God bless Japan. :)

9:29 am: But what's in the box? One Wii remote, one nunchuk both included. Don't forget about Wii Sports, the first pack-in game at launch since the SNES. Speaking of which, we're now seeing a demo of bowling, one of the games included in Wii Sports.

Wiisports packed in

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SolidSnakex said:
9:30 EST: Invites NOA player to show off Wii Sports Bowling. "Been designed from the ground up to be playable by absolutely everyone," player says.

To play the game, the controller is swung backward and then pushed forward -- almost like you'd hit a golf ball. It's as simple as that. You can give the ball spin by tilting the controller as you release.

I want bowling soooooooo bad.

LevelNth

Banned
I don't want to overhate, but I'm kinda disappointed with all this. $250 is too much to ask for the tech and features included IMO, and packing in WiiSports but only one wiimote defeats the entire purpose of what they hope the game can do, especially since the game's simplicity will IMO backfire as a singleplayer experience. And selling the mote and nunchuk seperately for close to $50 combined is a bit much. Releasing after the PS3 is a strange move as well; they really should hit before Sony does.

Also the VC prices are way too high IMO. $4-5 for a Famicom title and $7-8 for a SNES title are ridiculous, especially since they're wholly digital with no packaging or manufacturing required.

Just a sidebar, but I find it rather ironic how everyone is reacting to the non-gaming features of the Wii (which I think are neat, but rather extraneous) after all the hate the 360 and PS3 get for not being 'all about the games'.

I don't know, this post has a lot of hate and I know I'll get flack for that, but I'm just underwhelmed right now. The lineup of games is rather tame, Mario looks to definitely be next year and I don't even want to think about dealing with GC 1.2 level graphics in 2008.

Anyways, I can't go all hate in this post. The interface is pretty nice, Zelda looks great as usual and I'm still intrigued to hear more about the whole WiiConnect24 thing. Go easy on me folks...

MMaRsu

Kawaii said:
WTF ? No Wiisports?

Don't worry about that.

wii-large.jpg

SolidSnakex said:

Cool

koam

1 controller AND $250? Okay they're insane. I think i'll pass and pick up zelda on the cube for the time being. (Yes I know wii sports is included but at $250 i expect 2 controllers)

fse

wiisports packed in

9:33 EST: Reggie takes stage again. Says Wii Tennis Wii Golf, Wii Baseball, Wii Bowling and Wii Boxing are all included in the Wii Sports disc. Calls it a five-game compilation. "This is designed to get everyone involved playing." Game will be packed with Wii. Everyone'll get it when they buy the system.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Majmun

Pureauthor said:
Oh, for...

Educate yourself before making dumb assumptions, please.

As if your statement wasn't dumb.

The Ps3 is expensive because of the new tech. Why is the Wii so expensive? Because of the controls?

"We'll also offer consumers the widest range of launch titles ever in the history of videogames. The list is big and -- as you'll see -- it's new and nostalgic. Unique. Delivering a brand new type of entertainment."

Talks about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Says they'll have Excite Truck ready for Wii launch.

"First time we have a Zelda title available on launch day. It gives us a huge boost and huge momentum right out of the box. It's a masterpiece game. We will continue to make those big masterpiece titles for the core gamer, as well as new games to drive market expansion."

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
"First time we have a Zelda title available on launch day. It gives us a huge boost and huge momentum right out of the box. It's a masterpiece game. We will continue to make those big masterpiece titles for the core gamer, as well as new games to drive market expansion."

Second said:
As if your statement wasn't dumb.

The Ps3 is expensive because of the new tech. Why is the Wii so expensive? Because of the controls?

No, the Wii is expensive because Nintendo wants to make money. Nowhere in any post I have ever made did I suggest it was the hardware that would jack the Wii price up to USD 250.

250 bucks, the price is normal but a lttile excessive when hardware is concerned

but the shocked for me is the late release date AFTER the PS3 .. why?

the supposed 400 000 North AMericans purchasing a PS3 on Nov 15 will have a dent in their credit cards.. and these 400 000 early opters (gamers) will think twice if they will buy a 2nd Console under a week after making their expensive opting of the PS3.

Terribe terrible launching the Wii after the PS3.. all the broke gamers who buy a PS3 won't buy a Wii

"If you were to play Zelda all day to day for six hours, you'd only be scratching the surface..."

At the event hosted by Nintendo of Japan, there were 104 Wii games demonstrated.

Furoba

Polari said:
Not really, seeing as they don't really have a personality on par with Reggie to front the show in Europe.

Iwata wouldn't have made the American event anyhow, that's the main reason.

People who say Wii is expensive, what is iPod then?

Soybean

You know, cell phone games cost $5 or more. $5 for an NES game isn't bad, IMHO. Better than a $3 ringtone, and that's a huge business.

chase

LevelNth said:
I don't want to overhate, but I'm kinda disappointed with all this. $250 is too much to ask for the tech and features included IMO, and packing in WiiSports but only one wiimote defeats the entire purpose of what they hope the game can do, especially since the game's simplicity will IMO backfire as a singleplayer experience. And selling the mote and nunchuk seperately for close to $50 combined is a bit much. Releasing after the PS3 is a strange move as well; they really should hit before Sony does.

Also the VC prices are way too high IMO. $4-5 for a Famicom title and $7-8 for a SNES title are ridiculous, especially since they're wholly digital with no packaging or manufacturing required.

Just a sidebar, but I find it rather ironic how everyone is reacting to the non-gaming features of the Wii (which I think are neat, but rather extraneous) after all the hate the 360 and PS3 get for not being 'all about the games'.

I don't know, this post has a lot of hate and I know I'll get flack for that, but I'm just underwhelmed right now. The lineup of games is rather tame, Mario looks to definitely be next year and I don't even want to think about dealing with GC 1.2 level graphics in 2008.

Anyways, I can't go all hate in this post. The interface is pretty nice, Zelda looks great as usual and I'm still intrigued to hear more about the whole WiiConnect24 thing. Go easy on me folks...

If only everyone 'hated' in the same way you do.

Also, sp0rsk: representing the civility of GAF moderators.

Top Bottom