• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

biggreenmachine

The bleeding edge of news reporting...
Amir0x said:
.● The Release date of Wii will be November 19th in the US (1)
● The Price of Wii will be $250 (1)
● The Wii will come packed with WiiSports (1)
● In Japan, Wii is gonna cost 25000yen ($212~ after tax), but won't include WiiSports (1)
● In Japan, the system will be packed with 1 Wii console, 1 Wii remote (w/ strap), nunchuck attachment, Wii AC adaptor, Wii A/V cable, Wii console stand(?), sensor bar, sensor bar stand and two AA batteries. Also, it seems the 25,000 yen price includes tax. (1)
● Wii Sports will retail for 4800yen
● Classic controller retails for 1800yen
● Wiimote retails for 3800yen
● Nunchuck attachment retails for 1800yen

So if every Wii comes packed with Wii sports who the hell are the selling it to for 480 yen? :lol Someone at Nintendo needs to rethink that one.

pilonv1 said:
That's not even close to the first time ever you could do that. It's never been time consuming.

most interfaces built into TVs that i've used sucked, though, so it could be nice. (my parents, for example, would appreciate it)

SolidSnakex said:
Shows off a movie-playack mode. You can apparently transfer home-brew movies to your Wii, view them and modify them in real-time.
Hey, I'm a Nintendo fan. I can dig the gaming only thing Nintendo did all this time.

**** IT I'LL TAKE THOSE FEATURES NINTENDO :D :D :D

MMaRsu

Aww ;(

Back to channels. You can download the Opera Web browser using Wii points. So you'll need to buy it. Then you can surf the Net.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
biggreenmachine said:
So if every Wii comes packed with Wii sports who the hell are the selling it to for 480 yen? :lol Someone at Nintendo needs to rethink that one.

Read the line a few above the one you underlined and you'll see that in Japan, Wii Sports is not a packin. Amazing! Reading before being sarcastic? Who'd have thought.

LJ11

worldrunover said:
For most games you'll need both, so from what I gather, $60 a pop. But for a game like Wii Sports you only really need the Wiimote.

Ok, so I just got to work and quite frankly completely forgot this thing was going on. $250 with Wii Sports is alright, but I wish they would have packed in more than one controller. That's gonna run another $60, plus another game, and whatever else you may want.

Any word on how the "points" system for the VC works? I'm hoping I get to give them SKUs from past products and get points, because lord knows I have enough skus...

Thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't quite sure. 60 bucks a pop is going to be tough to swallow for those that want 3 players on a system.

SuperPac

biggreenmachine said:

Wii Sports doesn't come with the system in Japan. It's 4800 yen separately.

biggreenmachine said:

US (and hopefully Europe/Australia) comes with Wii Sports. In Japan it's sold seperately. Smart business move in my opinion, 'cause the Japs will lap it up.

jarrod

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Saturn and PS1 games, PLZ.
Saturn seems like a possibility, provided SEGA's kept their docs in good order. Dreamcast too for that matter. We'll never see PlayStation though, the best you could hope for there is games recoded from the ground up (a la SotN XBLA).

Eventually I'd like to see Nintendo branch out the VC though, maybe starting new channels for a Virtual Arcade (CPS1/2, NeoGeo, Model 1/2/3, Naomi, etc) and a Virtual Handheld (GB/C/A, WS/C, NGP/C, Game Gear, etc)... the latter of which should be compatible with the inevitable DS micro. ;)

SuomiDude

pilonv1 said:
That's not even close to the first time ever you could do that. It's never been time consuming.

I think that line should've also included modifying the photos like we saw in those Japanese clips. Normally you need to have your computer for modifying photos, and it takes some time to get it on and stuff. With Wii, it'll be much faster.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
LJ11 said:
Thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't quite sure. 60 bucks a pop is going to be tough to swallow for those that want 3 players on a system.

Your avatar is almost a meg.

the max is 150kb change it or im going to ban you into the hell of retardedly large avatars.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Question and Answer Session Begins

Q: How much are the remotes?

A: Wii remote is $39.99 and the nunchuck attachment is $19.99.

biggreenmachine

The bleeding edge of news reporting...
tracky_dacks said:
US (and hopefully Europe/Australia) comes with Wii Sports. In Japan it's sold seperately. Smart business move in my opinion, 'cause the Japs will lap it up.

Oh its early i missed that. What a burn for the japanese.

pilonv1

SuomiDude said:
I think that line should've also included modifying the photos like we saw in those Japanese clips. Normally you need to have your computer for modifying photos, and it takes some time to get it on and stuff. With Wii, it'll be much faster.

That's fair enough, but proclaiming Wii is some sort of amazing technological feat because you can put your SD card in and view pictures is pure spin.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
tracky_dacks said:
Smart business move in my opinion, 'cause the Japs will lap it up.

I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but "Jap" was historically a racial slur for Japanese individuals and in many areas today still is. Especially in context of your sentence, it sounds like you're saying "Them whacky Japs!", which really isn't cool.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
SolidSnakex said:
Question and Answer Session Begins

Q: How much are the remotes?

A: Wii remote is $39.99 and the nunchuck attachment is $19.99.

What the ****!?

These guys are batshit insane.

jarosh

wiiny_015.JPG

wiiny_016.JPG

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Zelda GC on the 11th+!?!??=! gaaaaah, how am I supposed to wait for the Wii version now?!

Edit: o shit, december, not november, nm.

Saoh

:lol :lol Zelda GCN on Dec. 11th

Amir0x is going to commit suicide! :lol :lol :lol

but its good imo, superior Wii version FTW! :D

fse

Stumpokapow said:
I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but "Jap" was historically a racial slur for Japanese individuals and in many areas today still is. Especially in context of your sentence, it sounds like you're saying "Them whacky Japs!", which really isn't cool.

not racist how he used it, not many people know it's a slur.

Top Bottom