• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Q: When we can we expect to play games online for Wii and what kind of interface?

A: What's been announced in Japan is that the first online multiplayer game is going to be Pokemon Battle that will be launching during their launch window in Japan. When can you expect that here in the US? Shortly thereafter.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
What's been announced in Japan is that the first online multiplayer game is going to be Pokemon Battle that will be launching during their launch window in Japan. When can you expect that here in the US? Shortly thereafter.

Majmun

SolidSnakex said:
Question and Answer Session Begins

Q: How much are the remotes?

A: Wii remote is $39.99 and the nunchuck attachment is $19.99.

gaysuperkm9.gif

That's just horrible.

StRaNgE

Banned
Testicular Sound Express said:
the controller and nunchck prices are bs. Thats 60 dollars for another controller :|

you really think you would break both parts at once?

u'd end up with a drawer full of unused half controllers if they made you buy it as a whole.

you people must have just woke up or something. :lol

The Hermit

Calidor said:
I don't care how much is the PS3/360 but this ****ING EXPENSIVE for an old technology

Wii is not old tech... at least not the controller. Basicaly the system is U$140 withount the controler...

Calidor said:
I don't care how much is the PS3/360 but this ****ING EXPENSIVE for an old technology
Yeah, overall it's cheaper to get started than 360/PS3, but once again accessory rape drives the price up. I certainly wouldn't call it cheap, and I hestiate to call it a good value. But this won't be an issue till next year, cause the launch supply will sell no question.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
djtiesto said:
You have to buy them both separately? Honestly, that's retarded. Worst news yet.

what if one of your nunchucks breaks? then you are forced to buy a whole new controller..

not bad for the worst news yet..

MMaRsu

Q&A session endsl Gameplay begins. IGN will uplaod assets shortly. By the way, Craig's posted some more pics to his blog at

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Hey why aren't we getting Wii Party at launch. Duck Hunt, Pool, Air Hockey, Ping Pong and that weird Remote Pointer Demo are all there. For japan launch!!!

jarosh

well. this ****ing sucked.

no mp3 at launch
$250
only 1 remote and nunchuck
no super paper mario this year

bleh

I HATE YOU FOR DELAYING METROID PRIME 3 NINTENDO I HATE YOU

Saoh

supermackem said:
Im not paying £50 for a controller thats insane, you can get 3 wired 360 pads for that.

yeah, wow! i mean, OMG you know how much toilet paper you can buy with £50?? whoamg

Rlan

I'm worried that their won't be enough Nunchucks to go with the controllers when the thing comes out.

FFS, KEEP THE NUNCHUCK WITH THE CONTROLLER AT ALL TIMES!

Well then, I suppose that seals the deal for Amirox, eh? No Metroid at launch, and the GameCube Zelda is coming out after the Wii version. Sorry man :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, it still seems like Prime 3 is 4:3. I seriously hope that changes as that is a game that would benefit greatly from 16:9.

I'm also shocked at the cost of a second controller set. I mean, they are encouraging multiplayer with this system more than ever...yet it will require $60 to do so.

Of course, controllers really aren't all that cheap anyways (360 controllers are $40, aren't they?)...but Nintendo is trying to push the whole cheap aspect and that seems like it could be a problem.

Without MP3, the launch does little for me (unless Mario Galaxy is somehow a launch title). I'm torn on Zelda, though. I'm somewhat curious to see how the Wii scheme works with the game...but the other part of me wants to play it with a regular controller. I guess we'll see.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jarosh said:
well. this ****ing sucked.

no mp3 at launch
$250
only 1 remote and nunchuck
no super paper mario this year

bleh

I HATE YOU FOR DELAYING METROID PRIME 3 NINTENDO I HATE YOU

you mad?

Rocked

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Hey why aren't we getting Wii Party at launch. Duck Hunt, Pool, Air Hockey, Ping Pong and that weird Remote Pointer Demo are all there. For japan launch!!!

They haven't even announced the whole launch list have they?

xabre

Banned
They couldn't ask about DVD playback could they?

Oh no.

Couldn't ask about it's video/audio multimedia functions either could they?

Oh no.

Saoh said:
yeah, wow! i mean, OMG you know how much toilet paper you can buy with £50?? whoamg

All im saying in the end its a controller nothing more it doesnt clean my house or cook me dinner £50 is way to much for a damn controller. You can get a full cube with a game for that brand new now. I doubt they would be crazy enough to try £50 for a controller.

teiresias

I really don't know what to think of all of the Wii stuff yet. I can only laugh at the sudden disregard for the "We're all about games talk" even though I was sure they'd go back on that somewhat before it was all over.

Still, I'll rarely, if ever, use most of the other functionality in the unit - photos, web browsing, weather or news channel, and unlike most I don't find the interface itself particularly appealing.

However, the game line-up is great, but I really can't see paying full launch price for it. The price is just really urking me - I'd rather get two pack-in controllers and no WiiSports for that price. The price is just not impulse for something that I want only for the games, and it's almost like all of this extra functionality is somewhat trying to justify the price of entry - though I know it will be billed as a way to get the "non-gaming crowd" doing something on the console so that they'll play WiiSports like they play Solitaire and "grow the industry."

Furoba

Shikamaru Ninja said:

Because the Japanese launch is later on?

big_z

StRaNgE said:
you really think you would break both parts at once?

u'd end up with a drawer full of unused half controllers if they made you buy it as a whole.

you people must have just woke up or something. :lol

Yeah but the controller cost more than a game. WTF. the scrotal attachment should cost $10 tops... the shaft unit $25 I hate how nintendo loves to rape you in the ass like this.

Delay metroid????? Eat shit nintendo.... now i have to buy red steel :(

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Japan gets Wii Party, Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wario Ware Smooth moves for launch.

USA gets Zelda: Twilight Princess, Excite Truck and Wii Sports.

We better not get screwed over like we did with the DS. DS Japan got 5 games, DS USA got 1 game for launch (from nintendo).

Top Bottom