• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

yilmazz

MMaRsu said:
And the best of all :lol :lol

wii-pics-20060914070459033-000.jpg

The ****? :lol :lol

ant1532

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
Japan gets Wii Party, Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wario Ware Smooth moves for launch.

USA gets Zelda: Twilight Princess, Excite Truck and Wii Sports.

We better not get screwed over like we did with the DS. DS Japan got 5 games, DS USA got 1 game for launch (from nintendo).
I dont understand lol, you just posted the games..

ManaByte

I've finally decided that I'm skipping the PS3 this year.

I'll buy a Wii at launch with Zelda. $300 vs. $600++ is much more doable and I can get more games at launch.

When I looked at it, I could either camp out over night for a PS3 and not get a Wii until next year; or I could have a much easier time buying a Wii two days later and have ****ing ZELDA to play over Thanksgiving.

jjasper

well I pulled a 180. No MP3 a launch=no sale

and if the wii controller is $60 total, I pray for the six-axis:(

Edit: Damn it I posted that and then saw the Zelda shots, How can I resist that. Damn you Nintendo.

ManaByte said:
When I looked at it, I could either camp out over night for a PS3 and not get a Wii until next year; or I could have a much easier time buying a Wii two days later and have ****ing ZELDA to play over Thanksgiving.

Zelda over Thanksgiving is the American dream.

Majmun

Sgt. Killjoy said:
this is the 2nd stupid thing i've seen you post in about the last hour

Uhmm?

It's just stupid to sell a controller in two parts seperately.

IMO then. I don't know what you think about it.

Decent enough showing and I'll pick one up, but nothing screams to me that this is going to explode into a big thing in NA yet. I don't see how the channels thing does anything for casuals since they likely all own computers and are used to looking up the news and weather on that anyway. But we'll see.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, the american conference attention is so subdued. That's what you get for doing Japan first. :)

CorwinB

I can see myself getting one extra Wiimote+nunchuk for 2 players "complex" games, and 2 additional Wiimotes without the nunchuks for family-friendly games most of which will probably be Wiimote only (Wario Ware, Wii Sports...). And perhaps add nunchuks later.

pilonv1

GitarooMan said:
Decent enough showing and I'll pick one up, but nothing screams to me that this is going to explode into a big thing in NA yet. I don't see how the channels thing does anything for casuals since they likely all own computers and are used to looking up the news and weather on that anyway. But we'll see.

I think the channels thing is great for Japan but I don't see it being important anywhere else.

Polari

SantaC said:
huh? Zelda, excite truck and Wii in the US before Japan.

Stupid bundle, higher prices for Virtual Console games, higher prices for accessories, only three first party titles for the launch period.

Jeff-DSA

I'm disappointed that Metroid won't be there on day 1, but I think I'll have plenty to hold me over until it releases. The price for the Wii remote and nunchuck combined is about $10 too high, but I guess it's only $10 more than a 360 controller which involves much less technology.

Overall, it's pretty sensible. I think most of the complainers are just stealth trolls and unrealistic fanboys.

Zelda looks hot, and that's what is most important in all of this.

Luckyman

Banned
It's official: Metroid Prime 3 is now a "2007" title.

Pokemon Battle Revolution (just announced in Japan) will be the first online-multiplayer-enabled game. Um, good?

Uh-oh. GameCube Twilight Princess now pushed back to December.

WOW

Well, this conference was what I expeted: a translation of NOJ's conference.
It is not really a surprise for me.
I'm really disappointed by A&Q: these **** journalists have asked only stupid question. The only one inetresting was when Twilight Princesss Gamecube come out and the another one about Metroid Prime III.

But what about USb's connections ?
What about Accessoires like Output Cable ?
What about DVD's player ?

Bah.

jgkspsx

This was probably mentioned somewhere in this huge thread, but...

STARTING at 500 points?
STARTING at 800 points?
STARTING at 1000 points?

I wonder what the VC games top out at.

I noticed the VC slide says NES games starting at 500 points (and starting at for the others too), I hope they don't vary it for certain games.

EDIT: Wow, everyone thinking the same thing :lol

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
big_z said:
Yeah but the controller cost more than a game. WTF. the scrotal attachment should cost $10 tops... the shaft unit $25 I hate how nintendo loves to rape you in the ass like this.

Delay metroid????? Eat shit nintendo.... now i have to buy red steel :(

again.. wii controller contains a speaker, memory!!, its wireless, rumble, gyros and other motion sensing sh*t.. and its $60

360 controller is wireless, rumble... and.. thats it. its $50 ..

i really dont understand what you people expected.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
sp0rsk said:
Thats up to the retailers obviously.

Yea. But I was thinking they were at least going to do sone of those...

"When can you purchase one? Well, you can preorder at the Nintendo World Store starting.... today!"

Taker666

supermackem said:
All im saying in the end its a controller nothing more it doesnt clean my house or cook me dinner £50 is way to much for a damn controller. You can get a full cube with a game for that brand new now. I doubt they would be crazy enough to try £50 for a controller.

I'd guess £40 for the combo in the UK. $60 in the US= 60 euros = £40 (Maybe- Wiimote £27.95, nunchuk £12.95)

thefro

GitarooMan said:
I noticed the VC slide says NES games starting at 500 points (and starting at for the others too), I hope they don't vary it for certain games.

EDIT: Wow, everyone thinking the same thing :lol

Probably depends on the 3rd party

mre said:
wii-pics-20060914070500361-000.jpg

Hmmm... so the virtual console prices start at 500, 800, and 1000 points, but aren't capped at those prices?

Probably not, there's no way Square's going to sell something like FF6 or CT for 8 dollars.

bachikarn

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Japan gets Wii Party, Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wario Ware Smooth moves for launch.

USA gets Zelda: Twilight Princess, Excite Truck and Wii Sports.

We better not get screwed over like we did with the DS. DS Japan got 5 games, DS USA got 1 game for launch (from nintendo).

Whats Wii Party?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I'm so not excited about it, but I definitely would've purchased Wii Sports anyway, just to get my casual friends into it. This doesn't really bother me as a factor of cost. Controller cost? Meh. Not crazy about dropping $40-60 on that thing.

What REALLY pisses me off is no Wario Ware Smooth Moves on launch day. This was the game I was looking forward to most.

:(

F*ckin' Excite Truck.

Top Bottom