• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Rocked

Taker666 said:
I'd guess £40 for the combo in the UK. $60 in the US= 60 euros = £40 (Maybe- Wiimote £27.95, nunchuk £12.95)

That's not too much. Only £5 more than the wireless 360 controller.

Americans are cheap skates. The Wii isn't even that much either.

Majmun

Sgt. Killjoy said:
$50 is too much for a controller also

It's $60

Remote $40
Nunchuck $20

The only positive thing about the controller being sold in two parts seperately is that when one piece breaks, you don't have to pay for a whole new controller, but only for the broken part.

Wiigiochi_35%5B140906%5D.jpg

Well, uh... WOW.

Screenboy

haha holy fcuk nintendo are trying to grapple hold of some money in the US!

Wii Remote & Nunchuk better be £40.

im expecting Wii to be £199.99, i hope its £149.99 though.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
quadriplegicjon said:
again.. wii controller contains a speaker, memory!!, its wireless, rumble, gyros and other motion sensing sh*t.. and its $60

360 controller is wireless, rumble... and.. thats it. its $50 ..

i really dont understand what you people expected.

We expected a console aimed at casuals and the budget-conscious consumer to have a reasonably priced controller. Or at least two included with the overpriced-itself console package.

If you want to play 4 player Wii Tennis with your family, that's an investment of $430. That isn't reasonable.

daegan

Well, without MP3 at launch, I can buy my PS3 in peace for this year and pick up Wii sometime next year for SSBB, MP3, and so my girlfriend can weld the Animal Crossing disc in there.

....$50 less than a 360 core system is a ****ing stupid price, by the way.

Second said:
It's $60

Remote $40
Nunchuck $20

The only positive thing about the controller being sold in two parts seperately is that when one piece breaks, you don't have to pay for a whole new controller, but only for the broken part.

I was talking about the 360 controller

pxleyes

Banned
Second said:
It's $60

Remote $40
Nunchuck $20

Nintendo equipment breaks???? This isn't MS.

Majmun

Xrenity said:
Europe conference will be underwhelmaton.

I was planning to go all Ps2 and Wii until the Ps3 arrives. If the Wii gets a March release too for Europe, I'll be pissed. :'''(

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Probably not, there's no way Square's going to sell something like FF6 or CT for 8 dollars.
Not with the new translations they'll get... ;)

The only plus about potential "premium pricing" would be the addition of premium features (net play, new localizations, score ranking, etc).

Saoh

dabookerman said:
Lol i was actually referring to all those stupid blogs talking about how nintendo were deliberatly holding back on graphics :3

well.... :p

so, NES games can go from $5 to 7.99
SNES from $8 to 9.99
and N64 from $10 to +

what about other consoles games?? genesis and turbografx?

i guess the Opera browser will be 25,000 points.

jjasper

Second said:

This isn't MS or Sony. When was the last time anything with "Nintendo" on it has broken?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Wii Party is titled Hajimete no Wii in Japan and releasing on launch. It is similar to Wii Sports in that it is a compilation of games, Duck Hunt/Target Shooting, Remote Pointer Demo from E3, Air Hockey, Ping Pong, Quiz Master, are all the games included.

BuzzJive

Goreomedy said:
If you want to play 4 player Wii Tennis with your family, that's an investment of $430. That isn't reasonable.

Your family should all have Wii's of their own and just bring over their controllers (with their Mii avatars of course).

Goreomedy said:
We expected a console aimed at casuals and the budget-conscious consumer to have a reasonably priced controller. Or at least two included with the overpriced-itself console package.

you mean $370 right?

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Well, this conference was what I expeted: a translation of NOJ's conference.
It is not really a surprise for me.
I'm really disappointed by A&Q: these **** journalists have asked only stupid question. The only one inetresting was when Twilight Princesss Gamecube come out and the another one about Metroid Prime III.

But what about USb's connections ?
What about Accessoires like Output Cable ?
What about DVD's player ?

Bah.

Like they'd know.
Perrin: "We're not sure yet! You'll have to ask Iwata!"

suaveric

For all the talk about Nintendo wanting this to be the "mainstream" console, they're pricing everything too high.

Wii shouldn't cost more than $200 (drop the game)
Wiimote shouldn't cost more than $30

And if 3rd parties think they're going to charge $60 for games and get away with it, they'd better think again

teiresias

Are people really impressed by that Zelda pic? OK. I mean, it looks nice enough in motion, but it's still obviously a Gamecube-level game graphically.

Model 500

I'm not a rich guy, but I'll happily pay 250$ for the Wii-bundle. That's money well spent. I don't really get the people who complain about this price. It's a new experience, and at least to me, there's enough to play even without MP3 for the first few months.

Burnst

VC prices - fair

Console price - good, but only with Wii Sports

Controller price - too high

Wii Channels - fun, but will I use it?

Game prices - good

Buy opera - really?

GUI - nice

New games - where?

Wii bowling - meh

Wii boxing - might be fun

Launch date - late (waiting for EU date)

Character creation system - ok, but uploading your own picture would be more fun

Zelda gamecube delay - I don't care

Metroid Prime 3 in 2007 - I don't care, but delay could be good

Wifi - we need more details

Concl.: will buy one, but a couple of things would make me more comfortable buying one..

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, when was the last time a conference was hyped up and actually met with the expectation sof GAF, in short when was the last time on of these event did not disapoint?

Goreomedy said:

Pretty much.

jarrod said:
Not with the new translations they'll get... ;)

I'd say even without the translations. Those are 2 games that even now go for the same price on eBay as a brand new current gen or next gen game go for. I'm not say they'll cost that much, they definetly won't, but they aren't going to be 8 dollars either.

AirBrian

redstripe.jpg

"BOOOOOO controller prices, have to purchase Opera, and only white color!!!"

redstripe.jpg

"HOOORAY the interface, WiiSports, and shipping quantities!!!"

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Second said:
It's $60

Remote $40
Nunchuck $20

Well.. It is okay if you just want to play WiiSports (Or elebits, excite truck, tony hawk, those racing games, monkey ball and others) multiplayer.. Like someone in japan who only wants it for wii sports and brain games or some mildly hip guy that only want racing games or somethings will be okay with that!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wtf? I hope some of the playtime includes journos playing with the Wii channels as well as the games.

photos from SD - nice, but what about from your computer?
video - I saw one in the slideshow video but can I do it separately?
music - ?

what AV cables are included?
If component is an accessory, how much?

How do I connect the 'optional' LAN adapter, and how much?

jgkspsx

The deep-sea diving game (Forever Blue?) looks great. But I'm not at all convinced by the system. I guess we'll see what happens when more details emerge.

Xzbeat

daegan said:
Well, without MP3 at launch, I can buy my PS3 in peace for this year and pick up Wii sometime next year for SSBB, MP3, and so my girlfriend can weld the Animal Crossing disc in there.

....$50 less than a 360 core system is a ****ing stupid price, by the way.

Don't try to foul us with your "ill buy it in 2007". We all know you HATE Nintendo.

Model 500 said:
I'm not a rich guy, but I'll happily pay 250$ for the Wii-bundle. That's money well spent. I don't really get the people who complain about this price. It's a new experience, and at least to me, there's enough to play even without MP3 for the first few months.
what people are saying is 'given that this is meant to bring in new gamers these prices are surprisingly high'... which i think is a fair statement.

me i'm probably going to spend $600-$700 day one or something to get myself a bunch of controllers, and a few games... but it's called 'Wii'. it's about everyone playing games together.

wii sports won't be much fun single player but you only get one controller.

jjasper

teiresias said:
Are people really impressed by that Zelda pic? OK. I mean, it looks nice enough in motion, but it's still obviously a Gamecube-level game graphically.

While I am no graphics whore, nor am I very tech knowledgable, but that Zelda shot looks great and if that is the minimum for Wii games I will manage.

MMaRsu

Leonsito said:
Iwata is going to Europe uh? That sounds bad to me, and the no mention of the EUR launch sounds worse.. March 07 ?

If Wii launches in 2007 in Europe there will be a public lynching of Iwata.

Top Bottom