• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Rocked

OMGWTF! THIS LOOKS SWEET!

Wiigiochi_1%5B140906%5D.jpg

Goreomedy said:
We expected a console aimed at casuals and the budget-conscious consumer to have a reasonably priced controller. Or at least two included with the overpriced-itself console package.

If you want to play 4 player Wii Tennis with your family, that's an investment of $430. That isn't reasonable.

And if one person wants to play the PS3 in your family, that's an investment of $600. That isn't resonable.

SuomiDude

Think about the price for a while.

Wii 250$
3 extra controllers 180$
3 games 150$

XBox 360 400$
3 extra controllers 150$
3 games 180$

With 3 games and controllers Wii is still a 150$ saving compared to the cheaper of its two competitors. You can add 100$ more compared to PS3.

After you've bought 3 extra controllers (if you're personally going to buy them anyway, I know I won't), each game saves 10$ compared to XBox 360. And how many games some of you people buy? I bought over 20 games for GC, so going by that, I'd save 200$ which could be spend on more games.

Now these savings will probably be even bigger with European prices as most XBox 360 games cost 70€.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Angelcurio said:
So can we assume that wii60 is officially dead? the combo already surpasses the premium ps3 by $50 o_O

Are you kidding?
Wii60 ftw

Taker666

Geek said:
What REALLY pisses me off is no Wario Ware Smooth Moves on launch day. This was the game I was looking forward to most.

:(

F*ckin' Excite Truck.

I'm guessing that Wario Ware is being held back to due to Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. They probably want to give 3rd parties a shot at the mini game arena..and Wario isn't as big in the west as Japan.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mysticstylez said:
250 for system.

180 for 3 controllers.

Do the math.

You do not need the Nunchaks for Multiplayer Games

Do the Math.

dkeane

mysticstylez said:
250 for system.

180 for 3 controllers.

Do the math.
120 for 3 remotes, you don't need the nunchuck to play most simple games (The original poster was referring to Wii Sports)

mysticstylez said:
250 for system.

180 for 3 controllers.

Do the math.
sigh. i did... and i got it right.

Wii Sports only uses the remote. so 3 x 40 = 120 and not 180 for the controllers.

if you want to do your math CORRECTLY then try this.

Wii + Super Monkey Ball for Party games + 3 wiimotes + 3 nunchucks (as a lot of the party games use the nunchuck) = $480

loosus

Banned
You have to buy the Web browser? WTF

Is there ANY good reason why this ****ing thing is $250? This is a gah-damned rip off, any way you slice it.

I'm happy. I don't care about anybody else, but I'm freakin' happy. Only 2 months to wait.

Mostly, I'm happy because of Zelda. I get it at launch. I get to play it at launch. Heck, I get to play it finally. The other good games can wait 'cos Zelda will be all I'll want for the first few weeks after launch.

Furoba

suaveric said:
For all the talk about Nintendo wanting this to be the "mainstream" console, they're pricing everything too high.

Wii shouldn't cost more than $200 (drop the game)
Wiimote shouldn't cost more than $30

And if 3rd parties think they're going to charge $60 for games and get away with it, they'd better think again

Why drop the price if you already have the lowest price, AND actually make a profit out of it from the start? Nintendo will always have the edge on pricing, early adopters will buy it regarding the price (which is pretty affordable IMO), and pricing it too low wouldn't have given a good impression either.
Third parties have to compete with Nintendo's titles, so I doub they'll price it very high.

jarosh said:
what a letdown
european news will only be worse i'm sure

But Jarosh, what do you expect form this 2nd conference ?
NOJ has already said a lot, a lot of things.
At this point it was quite obvious that the USA & Europe's conferences would have been only translation of the first one; well, that's what I expected personally.

For me what NOJ said is a lot more then what I was waiting for. A Photoshop-like, a customizable interface, a weather channel, the Internet use...these were things that I have never thought that could come alongside with Wii.

And I already said it: YOU EXPECTED ALWAYS TOO MUCH AND THEN YOU'RE ALWAYS DISAPPOINTED !

thefro

The 2007 lineup is already looking insanely strong with some of these games being pushed back. I think it's a smart move.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Rocked said:
Has Reggie said the price though?

Curious how Iwata will be at the Euro event, but not the US one.

that's not curious at all. Do you know of any planes that can get from Japan to New York in less than 13 hours?

StRaNgE

Banned
if it came prepacked with 2 controllers it would be alot easier to swallow the 250 price.

pushing multiplayer so hard yet only one controller?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
loosus said:

Is there ANY good reason why this ****ing thing is $250? This is a gah-damned rip off, any way you slice it.

I think NOA tcame to the conclusion that giving you one complete Wiimote was worth 10 bucks off.

You do not invites members of the press to a conference in their own territory to announce the delay of a console. The press would be livid. Nintendo reps confirmed last week that the launch was on track for 2006 for all major three territories, no?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Goreomedy said:
We expected a console aimed at casuals and the budget-conscious consumer to have a reasonably priced controller. Or at least two included with the overpriced-itself console package.

If you want to play 4 player Wii Tennis with your family, that's an investment of $430. That isn't reasonable.

you had unreasonable expectations if you believed that a controller that is much more advanced and with more tech included would be the same price, or cheaper than the 360 controller.

and where are you getting this 430 number? you dont need nunchuck attachments for 4 player tennis .. $370.. also.. how much does a 360 cost with 4 controllers.. or a ps3 for that matter? lets compare..

Reggie couldn't talk about some stuff, said they'll talk later. WTF ??? We're 2 months from launch and you'll talk later. THATS STUPID.

If Iwata in Europe tomorrow isn't closing the loop on loads of missing plot lines, i'll be mad.

DVD?
USB?
WiiConnect
DS<>Wii
More games?

Anyway.
What games are playable?

suaveric

loosus said:

They threw in a $50 game and charged us the full price on it. I'm not sure I'd call that a good reason, but that seems to be the reason.

Since the cat is out of the bag do any GameStop\EB employees on here know when pre-ordering at stores will begin? Or is this a per store decision?

jjasper said:
While I am no graphics whore, nor am I very tech knowledgable, but that Zelda shot looks great and if that is the minimum for Wii games I will manage.

I look at the overall pictures, not the technicalities. I mean I think it technically looks very good, but I like the designs, the atmosphere, etc.

MMaRsu

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
You do not invites members of the press to a conference in their own territory to announce the delay of a console. The press would be livid. Nintendo reps confirmed last week that the launch was on track for 2006 for all major three territories, no?

Like I said if Wii is delayed in Europe I will start kicking ass and taking names myself.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, I am of to class, I do hope by the time I get back Amirox will give us his most entertaining one man show.

Top Bottom