• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

John Harker said:
For everyone calling this a disasater...

Have you, uh... not seen the video yet?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/movie/lineup.html

If you bring the 2nd conference alone, it has been not really a big conference, but only a fool can forget what we have seen at the FIRST conference in Japan today (it is still today in Swizterland).

In complex Nintendo has done a very good Job and the Wii has a lot of functions that I've never hoped to see.

the problem is only one: a LOT of people are SO hyped, taht at the end are always disappointed for all hey see.

dkeane

DefectiveReject said:
where's all the Mario and Zelda footage?
Probably being taken as we type. The conference lasts until later today so I wouldn't expect any game footage for a couple hours.

I don't know if this has been posted

http://wii.nintendo.com/games_list.html

Games published by Nintendo:

Wii Sports (bundled with hardware)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Battalion Wars II
Big Brain Academy (temporary name)
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy (temporary name)

Third-party Wii titles available from launch to March 31, 2007:

Game Name Publisher
The Ant Bully Midway
The Barnyard THQ
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft
Bust a Move Revolution Majesco
Call of Duty 3 Activision
Disney's/Pixar's Cars THQ
Dance Factory Codemasters
Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action Buena Vista Games
Disney's Meet the Robinsons Buena Vista Games
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Atari
Elebits Konami
Far Cry: Vengeance Ubisoft
The Godfather Electronic Arts
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Midway
GT Pro Series Ubisoft
Happy Feet Midway
Ice Age 2 Vivendi
Madden NFL 07 Electronic Arts
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Activision
Metal Slug Anthology SNK
Monster 4x4: World Circuit Ubisoft
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Midway
Need for Speed: Carbon Electronic Arts
Open Season Ubisoft
Prince of Persia Ubisoft
Rampage: Total Destruction Activision
Rapala Tournament Fishing Activision
Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft
Red Steel Ubisoft
Sidewinder Codemasters
Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab THQ
SSX Electronic Arts
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Sega
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ubisoft
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Electronic Arts
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent Ubisoft
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Activision
Trauma Center: Second Opinion Atlus
World Series of Poker Activision

Bolded one interesting one.

ant1532 said:
:lol

wii301.jpg

Wii Finger pose!

:lol soon to be #1 fanboy pose

MMaRsu

loosus said:
Can someone please ask Nintendo what a.) video formats and b.) image formats the Wii supports for viewing and editing?

Also, will there be any audio mixer/editors?

Yeah I'll ask em hold on

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The prices are at the high-end of that they could have charged, but there is nothing OMG OUTRAGEOUS! Not even the controller prices, which have far more in them than any comparable controller in the first place.

And now we know the ridiculous level of extra functionality you are getting with the machine, which we didn't know before, $250 with game is fine by me.

£149 would be a good price in the UK, just get it out before Christmas you bastards!

SumGamer

Found this on Wii.com NA on the WiiSports page

Features
Play Tennis, Baseball, Golf, Bowling and Boxing in the comfort of one's living room. No ball boys scurrying about, no oil from the alleys to get players dirty and no rain to keep anyone from a day at the court, park or course. Use the Wii Remote controller to mimic the actions of swinging a racket, bat or club, roll a ball down an alley or bring the left jab.

Are you sure boxing is not included? They might try to sneak it in but the game doesn't look violent at all.

quadriplegicjon said:
i thought the GC was sold at cost when released? and i bet you that if nintendo sold the wiimote at $25 they would be losing money.. again. unreasonable expectations.
no way the wiimote even comes close to $25 bucks to make... $10 tops.

Vark

Benadryl Hitman said:
I noticed this too. OMFG $400!!! OMFG $600!!! OMFG $250!!!

Apparently no company can appease GAF.

Short of a hooker showing up at your house, handing you $500, a console, 4 controllers, and 10 games... Wait no, GAF would still bitch.

Wink

Vark said:
what about the MILLIONS of dollars dumped into R&D?

Manufacturing cost isn't the only thing that attributes to the cost of goods.

It is just too much considering what kind of consumers Nintendo is aiming at. Wii, with it's graphical capabilities, won't look better over time.
I thought they wanted to pull in casual/nongamers + singstar & eyetoy crowd right from the start. At this price, that won't happen. They are taking advantage of their hardcore fanbase/early adopters and though a logical step, it still pisses me off and I'll not contribute to that.

TanOOkiSeong said:
Just a few hours ago when Opera was announced during the Japanese Conference this was GAF's collective reaction:

Now that we have to pay:
:lol So true. But you have to admit, paying for a browser is just... too much.

quadriplegicjon said:
oh.. and what about playing 720p xbox 360 with 5.1 sound, like its meant to be played?

when compared to the other consoles.. the wii is still the cheapest.

Or how about a 4 multiplayer match in PS3 in 1080p, like its meant to be played?

Nash said:
The prices are at the high-end of that they could have charged, but there is nothing OMG OUTRAGEOUS! Not even the controller prices, which have far more in them than any comparable controller in the first place.

And now we know the ridiculous level of extra functionality you are getting with the machine, which we didn't know before, $250 with game is fine by me.

£149 would be a good price in the UK, just get it out before Christmas you bastards!

I think we're looking at maybe just under £200 in the UK. I think I'll import, personally.

ant1532

Banned
Heres my thread post some of you might have missed

Link is now a righty. Well at least on Wii he is.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732681p1.html
Link is All Right
New videos show the hero of Hyrule in action. No lefties allowed!
by Mark Bozon

September 14, 2006 - Of course we all saw it coming when Nintendo announced its intention for Wii-mote sword fighting in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but it's now absolutely official: Link is a righty.

In a video shown just minutes ago in Japan, the Hyrulian hero himself was previewed battling bosses, navigating the countryside, and exploring vast dungeons in his new "anti-southpaw" stance. Though there is no official breakdown of how sword control works as of yet, Link can be seen performing multiple sword swipes and varying angles, showing off what seems to be a new fully-immersive fighting style for Wii players.

We'll have more on Link's right-handedness when we go hands-on with the game tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.

Oh and Link: Welcome to the right side.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
daegan said:
No, I'm willing to bet that $20 is about cost for the Wiimote. If it's expensive, Nintendo doesn't build it. We're talking about the company that priced the Game Boy Micro at $99 for christsakes. If the GC was at cost (which I doubt given history) then that still puts more weight behind my point that they don't "need" to gouge on the controllers.

BOHICA time for Wii fun with friends.

you do realize that the wii controller contains gyros.. some other tracking stuff.. rumble, a speaker, internal memory and is wireless? you really think that it costs $20 for all those components, the packaging and shipping?

dont be foolish.

was the ps2 sold at a loss? do we know for a fact that the ps3 will be sold at a loss?

Brofist

Nash said:

And now we know the ridiculous level of extra functionality you are getting with the machine
, which we didn't know before, $250 with game is fine by me.

What ridiculous extra level of functionality. Being able to check the weather and what not?

dkeane

It should be interesting what choice consumers make when they see a $250 PSP bundle and a $250 Wii Bundle (I guess you could call it that, with Wii Sports)

Vark

Wink said:
It is just too much considering what kind of consumers Nintendo is aiming at. Wii, with it's graphical capabilities, won't look better over time.
I thought they wanted to pull in casual/nongamers + singstar & eyetoy crowd right from the start. At this price, that won't happen. They are taking advantage of their hardcore fanbase/early adopters and though a logical step, it still pisses me off and I'll not contribute to that.

All they have to do is stay close to current gen pricing (minus system price) and stay below the 360.

Compared to the competition, it's dirt cheap.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
SumGamer said:
Found this on Wii.com NA on the WiiSports page

Are you sure boxing is not included? They might try to sneak it in but the game doesn't look violent at all.
WTF is this shit about it not being included? Is amateur boxing not a ****ing olympic sport? Its included, only some retard said it wouldnt be.

wiiscr03.jpg

i'm hoping this is basically a none too subtle metaphor.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles... breaking down the doors of the classic environments.

party games will be part of Wii but not everything. the DS big hitters aren't multiplayer titles, and the system was designed with them, great single player experiences, new gameplay mechanics and other things in mind, as well as allowing for great party games.

gsarjeant

Vark said:
Short of a hooker showing up at your house, handing you $500, a console, 4 controllers, and 10 games... Wait no, GAF would still bitch.

Mine was ugly. If they're going to skimp on my hooker like that, they could have at least bundled a second controller for us.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
But guys! you are forgetting the most important parts sensor bar stand and two double a batteries. thats a megaton

I am still buying it :(

C4Lukins

Seems like decent news all around. Nothing very suprising. 250 is more then I would have liked, but I would have bought Wii Sports anyway so it is acceptable. I do think at 200 it would have been an instant success, but it should do well at least over the next 6 months at that price.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
quadriplegicjon said:
was the ps2 sold at a loss? do we know for a fact that the ps3 will be sold at a loss?

I can answer both of them with yes. Unless Harrison lied to me.

The Black Brad Pitt said:
WTF is this shit about it not being included? Is amateur boxing not a ****ing olympic sport? Its included, only some retard said it wouldnt be.
5 sports.

bowling, tennis, golf, baseball and boxing.

all confirmed.

Brofist

studio810 said:
It should be interesting what choice consumers make when they see a $250 PSP bundle and a $250 Wii Bundle (I guess you could call it that, with Wii Sports)

the choice will probably be to pass both up and grab a silver slim PS2

studio810 said:

OH MAN PSP ONLY $50 LESS THAN 360 CORE

THATZ NUTZ DOODZ

Mrbob

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Sure, it doesnt even have dvd playback so dont get your hopes up.

I thought it did???

I don't like we have to pay for Wiisports in NA. I don't want it.

Price the Wii at $219.99 (around Japan equivalent) and then sell Wiisports for $30, so if people who want it can still buy it for the same price.

Top Bottom