• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

PowWow

FFS it STILL says winter 2006 for me on the Argos website. Can someone just write what they're seeing thats differnet? :mad:.

I can more than afford this crap. My problem is with the message. Stop saying that it's for the non hardcore gamer if it's a $370 for a family to play. THat's bullshit.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SpankGame01-760359.jpg

wiit01.jpg

Damn, think of the possibilities.

Screenboy said:
If Wii is delayed to 2007 in UK im gunna be extreemly pissed off.
And I'll be upset if it's delayed to 2007 in the US. Neither is happening.

plagiarize said:
480p isn't HD despite what everyone try to say last gen.
No, but he quoted someone who said 480i; it's a worthwhile distinction.

Son of Godzilla said:
Wait, wasn't the wiimote priced at 1800 yen? And it's $40 in US?
No. 1800 yen was for the nunchuk or classic controller. Wiimote is something like 3800.

SolidSnakex said:
WTF? There's a 720p version of the new Rayman trailer.
From that capture it's clearly taking the low resolution image and blowing it up. Pointless.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
PowWow said:
FFS it STILL says winter 2006 for me on the Argos website. Can someone just write what they're seeing thats differnet? :mad:.
CTRL+F5

Nintendo Wii
Launching March 2007

C4Lukins

So lots of good news.

The bad news (some of which may have already been known)

Zelda Gamecube not until December (no biggie I'm getting the Wii version, but kind of a lowblow for people wanting the Gamecube version).

Virtual Console Games are more expensive then I expected. The "Starting at" pricepoint is what scares me.

1st party games are 49.99, 3rd party could be more.

Online integration seems very limited.

Overall though, I am more excited about the system then I was yesterday.

Aurora

PowWow said:
We're talking about Argos here. They know absolutely nothing when it comes to launch details.

Wait until tomorrow. EU launch = November :p

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were talking about their "March 2007" date. Winter 2006 is correct.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Nino said:
CTRL+F5

Nintendo Wii
Launching March 2007

the first time i clicked the link was when someone posted that it was changed to march 2007.. and it showed up as winter 2006 for me.. hitting f5 still keeps it at winter 2006.

Now that I've had a good nights rest to digest things I guess my opinion is as follows:

It’s typical Nintendo in my book in that I think that we are being gouged on the price. The technology in the system outside of the controller really doesn’t seem worth that price….And while I agree that Zelda will be a better game than say Gears of War, the casual consumer who goes into best buy and sees Gears of War on an HD monitor and then sees Zelda on a standard TV will notice a difference I think graphically. Ultimately none of this will be the deciding factor but I think Nintendo had a chance to pull an early knockout and pulled the punch. They still might get the knockout in later rounds but it could have maybe been a one round early Mike Tyson deal with a few different decisions here.

Oddly on a personal note for some reason I've accepted everything except the late lunch date. For some reason that still bugs me. Why do I have to wait until after PS3? Grrrr..... Still buying a system day one.

Its hard to figure out exactly whats going on in all of this 66 page insanity. So all we know as of now is that it will be 250 with Wii Sports and Zelda is Wii only until December?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
DXMachina said:
Its hard to figure out exactly whats going on in all of this 66 page insanity. So all we know as of now is that it will be 250 with Wii Sports and Zelda is Wii only until December?

Don't forget about the Region Coooodes.

Game-Biz

DXMachina said:

Correct.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
They have 4 million consoles by the end of the year and they're going to delay the Euro launch. :lol Yeah right.

Aurora said:
Seriously guys, since when has Argos ever been a reliable source for anything? Argos is not the equivalent of EB or Gamestop.

Jesus! Argos is shit yes, but they are still a big retailer across the UK. They have updated the launch date on the eve of NOE's announcement. Of course it could be wrong, but i'm still inclined to believe they have recieved info. If i'm wrong then i'll be happy :)

Baker

Banned
IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732748p1.html)

Wired also questioned whether Wii owners would be able to add storage capabilities via a USB hard drive add-on. Kaplan's response was that, initially, storage would be limited to flash memory. Although she suggested a hard drive add-on could conceivably be released in the future, it doesn't sound like Nintendo has any official plans as yet. Whether enterprising Wii users will be able to use their own non-Nintendo USB hard drive accessories with the console from the off is unclear.

Enterprising Wii users better be able to ****ing plug in a hard drive from day one or the VC library is going to be pretty pointless to anyone really looking forward to using it.

Yeah yeah, I know 512k will hold plenty of NES games, but if you start throwing a bunch of n64 stuff in there, it won't take too long.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Yeah! I finally made my way through all the posts.

Anyway, overall very very very awesome news. The price isn't a concern (wiimote combo is a little bit expensive, but whatever) and the games look freaking awesome. Dig the features. Dig it all.

Preordering asap!

Leonsito

BorkBork said:
They have 4 million consoles by the end of the year and they're going to delay the Euro launch. :lol Yeah right.

Why not? 4 millions Vs 2 PS3 millions, Europe it's not a problem at this moment.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
perplexcity said:

Enterprising Wii users better be able to ****ing plug in a hard drive from day one or the VC library is going to be pretty pointless to anyone really looking forward to using it.

Yeah yeah, I know 512k will hold plenty of NES games, but if you start throwing a bunch of n64 stuff in there, it won't take too long.
Wait, can you not save VC downloads to SD cards? That's kind of silly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ford Prefect said:
Don't forget the ****awesome GUI, new MP3 controls, region free, and... there's gotta be more, but that's the big stuff.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Cronicles, Wii Sports addtions and US pack-in, vitural console prices and some launch titles, Big Brain Acadmey Wii and a whole bevy of info is out there.

Ashodin

perplexcity said:

don't get snarky.

once you buy a n64 game you can redownload it, sheesh.

Baker

Banned
human5892 said:

No, you can save to the internal SD card. I've just read in a couple places and the link I supplied that it's looking unclear that we can save to a usb hdd even though it seemed like common sense before.

human5892 said:
No you can, she's said you can use flash memory, she's saying you can't use USB hard drives and stuff I think. Anyway it's 512MB internal, not 512k I thought and 1-2GB SD cards are cheap anyway so I don't see the problem.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Leonsito said:
Why not? 4 millions Vs 2 PS3 millions, Europe it's not a problem at this moment.

Because they would have to be extremely optimistic in their forecast to sell 4 million systems in 2 territories.

Xristot

On the wired blog though, it said that your VC purchases will be tied to your ID and you can redownload them at any time. If thats the case, you can basically just delete games off of the flash and then redownload whenever you want to play. Seriously, how long is going to take to download an snes or n64 game?

But I do agree, a harddrive, or even SD option would be nice. That way we won't have to even worry about redownloading.

Top Bottom