• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

GDGF

Soothsayer
**** Metroid Prime 3 looks to be everything I wanted.

I'm freaking spent! Still haven't seen the Resident Evil video yet (that's next on the agenda!)

Hmm... Prime 3 still has that "wonky" aiming everyone criticized Timesplitters 2 for. The aiming is controlling the crosshair instead of the camera. Maybe it won't be such a big deal using the wiimote, but hopefully Retro will be kind enough to include an option to "fix" the aiming like Free Radical did for TS3 -- just for the sake of comparison.

Attack You said:
Hmm... Prime 3 still has that "wonky" aiming everyone criticized Timesplitters 2 for. The aiming is controlling the crosshair instead of the camera. Maybe it won't be such a big deal using the wiimote, but hopefully Retro will be kind enough to include an option to "fix" the aiming like Free Radical did for TS3 -- just for the sake of comparison.
it shouldn't be that big a deal using the wiimote because it's there's a better relation between how you're physically aiming and what's happening on screen.

underfooter said:
Does anyone see it as a bit pointless to have a lock-on function now that Metroid has clean FP controls?
we still don't know how easy circle straffing is without lock on. that's the key thing really.

flipping_heck said:
I hope Retro makes some work on a good multipayer experience, MP2 multiplayer was rubbish. The vids shows a lot of promise though :)
I thought they had said earlier no multiplayer period, which I think is the smart move for Metroid.

Pimpbaa

radioheadrule83 said:
NPCs! voice acting! improved controls!

Looks ****ing awesome!

BorkBork said:
Holy shit at the cinematic scenes.

Can't get the damn IGN videos to work but...NPCs? Voice acting? Cinematic scenes (cutscenes?)? I don't like the sound of that (that shit being in a metroid game).

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
flipping_heck said:
I hope Retro makes some work on a good multipayer experience, MP2 multiplayer was rubbish. The vids shows a lot of promise though :)
There isn't multiplayer. And with lock-on still quite the prominent aspect of control, who wants it?

Pimpbaa said:
Can't get the damn IGN videos to work but...NPCs? Voice acting? Cinematic scenes (cutscenes?)? I don't like the sound of that (that shit being in a metroid game).
It's done tastefully. I really doubt it'll play a big part in the game, anyway. Samus is likely to be without much human contact just as she always has been in past games.

donny2112

suaveric said:
For all the talk about Nintendo wanting this to be the "mainstream" console, they're pricing everything too high.

Wii shouldn't cost more than $200 (drop the game)
Wiimote shouldn't cost more than $30

QFT.

I think I could've convinced myself to buy a Wii at launch with Wii Sports and 1 controller for $220 or $230, but definitely not $250. If it had 2 controllers then maybe, but definitely not with only 1. $60 for a complete controller is also way too high for any normal person.

"Hmm. Should I buy a controller to play multiplayer or a brand new game + an N64 game? Hmmm."

This will be the first Nintendo console I won't be getting the first Christmas. :(

On the good side, it gives me a good reason to hold out for a price drop and the black version. :)

I think this generation can now be officially declared the "I'm waiting for a price drop" generation. :D

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my GameCube.

feature_main_img_lifestyle4.jpg

Prepare to die.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Pimpbaa said:

It's like the real time cutscene in all the Prime games. Very short, Samus doesn't talk obviously.

Amir0x

Banned
so

i come back, and i find out my launch game Metroid Prime III is delayed.

But, that joking piece of shit WiiSports is bundled with my system, and i get to pay $250.

oh you loveable ****ing jokers nintendo

Aurora

aurto511 said:
is anybody a vip lounge member on NOE's site? cause their "exclusive" news is out
Nintendo.co.uk said:
As a VIP 24:7, you're used to getting Nintendo news first, but today we have something a little special for you.

We can exclusively reveal to you that the official Wii site - www.wii.com - is now live!

At the moment, the site content is only available in Japanese but rest assured that we have a European version ready to roll as soon as the European Wii announcement is made on Friday afternoon, September 15.

But that doesn't stop you checking out the awesome new videos that will give you a sneak peek of what's to come from the wondrous Wii console.

Plus, if you haven't seen them already, we're featuring a series of interviews conducted by our President Mr. Iwata with Wii game developers over at our European Wii site .

Now go - spread the word about Wii.com and tell all your non-VIP friends how you heard the news!
Exclusive news my ass. :lol

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Amir0x said:
so

i come back, and i find out my launch game Metroid Prime III is delayed.

But, that joking piece of shit WiiSports is bundled with my system, and i get to pay $250.

oh you loveable ****ing jokers nintendo
DON'T FORGET GC ZELDA PUSHED BACK TO DEC. 11 :lol :lol :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Amir0x said:
oh, i didn't even see that.

Wow, Nintendo are a bitch of daft assholes huh.

Hey that means you have absolutely no reason to buy it this year and can spend your limited gaming budget on other stuff. :) Maybe wait for the imminent price drop.

Pimpbaa said:

You see Samus approaching the Bridge of a large ship and the captain/commander tells you to get to your ship and from there, 'the surface'. There are dog fights going on in space in the background. A huge lazer rips through one of the giant ships.

In the second movie you see Samus travelling along a pipe in morph ball mode and jumping into a morph ball switch. The switch is smack bang in the middle of an airlock hatch, which promptly opens sucking Samus and some debris out into space. There's a shaky cam zoom-in from the outside of the ship to Samus as she moves along the outer hull, as she moves on her way to the hatch that will take her to her own.

Pimpbaa

BorkBork said:
It's like the real time cutscene in all the Prime games. Very short, Samus doesn't talk obviously.

OK, i just got the videos the work. I am back to rubbing my nipples in anticipation again.

Amir0x

Banned
BorkBork said:
Hey that means you have absolutely no reason to buy it this year and can spend your limited gaming budget on other stuff. :) Maybe wait for the imminent price drop.

oh, yeah. or I can opt to buy Nintendo Wii anyway, and experience the AMAZING lineup - where its best title is a gamecube title that'll be late just for the purpose of pretending its not a GCN title, and where i get forced to pay 50 dollars for sports mini-games.

Hey, now you guys know why I bitch - companies go out of their way to makes sure I do. It's practically a job. Because next-gen/new-gen sucks ass.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
oh, yeah. or I can opt to buy Nintendo Wii anyway, and experience the AMAZING lineup - where its best title is a gamecube title that'll be late just for the purpose of pretending its not a GCN title, and where i get forced to pay 50 dollars for sports mini-games.

Hey, now you guys know why I bitch - companies go out of their way to makes sure I do. It's practically a job. Because next-gen/new-gen sucks ass.

Hmmm, you seem to be lacking the usual rancor, long day or something?

Kleevah

aurto511 said:
is anybody a vip lounge member on NOE's site? cause their "exclusive" news is out
It's nothing exclusive at all, just crap:

NOE said:
As a VIP 24:7, you're used to getting Nintendo news first, but today we have something a little special for you.

We can exclusively reveal to you that the official Wii site - www.wii.com - is now live!

At the moment, the site content is only available in Japanese but rest assured that we have a European version ready to roll as soon as the European Wii announcement is made on Friday afternoon, September 15.

But that doesn't stop you checking out the awesome new videos that will give you a sneak peek of what's to come from the wondrous Wii console.

Plus, if you haven't seen them already, we're featuring a series of interviews conducted by our President Mr. Iwata with Wii game developers over at our European Wii site .

Now go - spread the word about Wii.com and tell all your non-VIP friends how you heard the news!

Amir0x said:

Basically this gen is all about picking between three screw-ups.

I literally want to punch out the heads of all three companies for botching this gen. I won't go next gen until I see which garbage console shakes out on top about two years from now.

MiamiWesker said:
Unless something new has come up in the last few hours all RE info is from the HK mag or the Famitsu mag.
we had a new list with a LOT of info, but the poster didn't list the original source. sounded very legit and very awesome.

PantherLotus said:
MP3 on "expert mode?"

Can anyone explain: does that give you control over the camera rather than the crosshair?

It's still the crosshair, but it seems like they have tweaked the sensitivity to a point where turning is no longer an issue.

Top Bottom