• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
PantherLotus said:
MP3 on "expert mode?"

Can anyone explain: does that give you control over the camera rather than the crosshair?

self-answer:
it looks like it still the crosshair control but it is much more sensitive

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Flo_Evans said:
so does the US bundled wii sports come with boxing?
Let me answer your question with one of my own:

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T IT????

and don't say t-rating. just don't. in fact, my question is purely rhetorical. don't answer it.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Amir0x said:
oh, yeah. or I can opt to buy Nintendo Wii anyway, and experience the AMAZING lineup - where its best title is a gamecube title that'll be late just for the purpose of pretending its not a GCN title, and where i get forced to pay 50 dollars for sports mini-games.

Hey, now you guys know why I bitch - companies go out of their way to makes sure I do. It's practically a job. Because next-gen/new-gen sucks ass.

I was being serious though. If nothing appeals to you, don't get it and save your money. The launch lineup is paper thin for me, with only Trauma Center and Zelda (for Wii, just because it'll come out faster and I actually am intrigued about the controls) being things that I want. I can totally understand if people choose not to get one this year.

jarosh

i already cried ami. i cried for you too. i cried bitter tears over mp3

anyway...

space.gif

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Hmmm, you seem to be lacking the usual rancor, long day or something?

Oh, the realization that Nintendo is dumb is just nothing special - at this point, its only seeing the depths at which they go that is shocking. So that may explain my 'lack of rancor.' I guess I'm just in the sort of nirvana zone where i realize that all my complaints have been justified, but the amusing part comes in just how psycho specific nintendo managed to cripple its launch for Amir0x-hate specifications. They must have a giggling GAF fanatic somewhere in their ranks

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
__Andrea__ said:
Bah, the Zelda info on the press kit sucks. Only one silly screenshot:

darknut2yb0.jpg

WHERE'S THE ART, NINTENDO?!
What I want to know is... is that a wolf in the bottom-right corner? Do we know what form Midna takes outside of the dark world?

jacktion

Banned
plagiarize said:
well that's what i say... but people like jarosh want a 'pick up mouse' button essentially. the argument is, you could take out the 'lock on button' in games that had it.

The lock on button sounds too complicated. people can't be pushing and unpushing a button to move and reorient their view. That would never fly. think about playing a hardcore pc fps. what if instead of lifting the mouse to recenter, there was a 4th button you had to push to recenter the mouse? that would be insane!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
Oh, the realization that Nintendo is dumb is just nothing special - at this point, its only seeing the depths at which they go that is shocking. So that may explain my 'lack of rancor.' I guess I'm just in the sort of nirvana zone where i realize that all my complaints have been justified, but the amusing part comes in just how psycho specific nintendo managed to cripple it launch to Amir0x-hate specifications. They must have a giggling GAF fanatic somewhere in their ranks

Your mind exists in a very strange place.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
tonyhawkdownhilljam_016.jpg

TONY HAWK SSX STYLE CONFIRMED!!!

Much, much, much improved screens. Color me happy on this one; I love the SSX series and love this on-pavement interpretation.

Amir0x said:
Oh, the realization that Nintendo is dumb is just nothing special - at this point, its only seeing the depths at which they go that is shocking. So that may explain my 'lack of rancor.' I guess I'm just in the sort of nirvana zone where i realize that all my complaints have been justified, but the amusing part comes in just how psycho specific nintendo managed to cripple its launch for Amir0x-hate specifications. They must have a giggling GAF fanatic somewhere in their ranks
with all you complaining, which to a point i agree, 360 lunch was worse, the only game i played was callof duty 2, at least i got zelda which is better and a GOTY contender.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Avutta1978 said:
with all you complaining, which to a point i agree, 360 lunch was worse, the only game i played was callof duty 2, at least i got zelda which is better and a GOTY contender.

Well, this is also karma kicking Ami's ass, one can only assume because even the universe itself is tired of his "popus windbag of rage" stylings.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Amir0x said:
That's Midna, it seems.
Yeah, but she in her normal, midget-like state? I can't tell from the pic... and if Link changes from dark to light world, it makes sense that she would, too (it is a she, right?).

Nintendo says Wii to be profitable right away

NEW YORK, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s (7974.OS: Quote, NEWS, Research) new Wii game console and related software will be profitable to the company once sales begin in the United States in November, the president of Nintendo of America said on Thursday.

"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box -- hardware and software," Reggie Fils-Aime told Reuters in an interview.

"That really is a very different philosophy versus our competitors. We are a company that competes only in the interactive entertainment space so we have to make a profit on every thing we do."

At $250, the Wii console will face stiff competition against Microsoft Corp.'s (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) already-available Xbox 360 and Sony Corp.'s (6758.T: Quote, NEWS, Research) PlayStation 3, which will debut on Nov. 17 in North America at two price levels, $499 and $599.

cleveridea said:
NEW YORK, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s (7974.OS: Quote, NEWS, Research) new Wii game console and related software will be profitable to the company once sales begin in the United States in November, the president of Nintendo of America said on Thursday.

"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box -- hardware and software," Reggie Fils-Aime told Reuters in an interview.

"That really is a very different philosophy versus our competitors. We are a company that competes only in the interactive entertainment space so we have to make a profit on every thing we do."

At $250, the Wii console will face stiff competition against Microsoft Corp.'s (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) already-available Xbox 360 and Sony Corp.'s (6758.T: Quote, NEWS, Research) PlayStation 3, which will debut on Nov. 17 in North America at two price levels, $499 and $599.

that i smy nintendo, profit company to the core
now i can watchmy stock grow. it prints moneypart two

ant1532

Banned
Ford Prefect said:
Yeah, but she in her normal, midget-like state? I can't tell from the pic... and if Link changes from dark to light world, it makes sense that she would, too (it is a she, right?).
Nah, Midna seems to take the form of Links Shadow somehow in the real world. I don't know what that is in the picture(the fairy is just a cursor and is not actualy IN the game.)

nubbe

cleveridea said:
No way dude! Not at that price!

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Avutta1978 said:
that i smy nintendo, profit company to the core
now i can watchmy stock grow. it prints moneypart two

What greedy bastards. Is profit right out of the gate really more important than marketshare right now, expecially considering the ridiculous cash DS is making them? Don't tell me theyre already overconfident. Seems like they could have easily priced it at $199 and barely made a loss. That, or threw in another controller. Sad, really.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Souldriver said:
:lol
The Wii is a succes alone because of all the stupid pictures of stupid people in stupid poses.

Seriously, why is there not a 15 paqge photoshop thread on this picture?

thefro

Slurpy said:
What greedy bastards. Is profit right out of the gate really more important than marketshare right now, expecially considering the ridiculous cash DS is making them? Don't tell me theyre already overconfident. Seems like they could have easily priced it at $199 and barely made a loss. That, or threw in another controller. Sad, really.

Why price it at $200 when they're going to sell out of their launch shipments anyway?

They can always knock out Wii Sports and make it $179 or $199 dollars for Q2 2007.

If you don't like it, wait until the price drops.

Flo_Evans

Ford Prefect said:
Let me answer your question with one of my own:

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T IT????

and don't say t-rating. just don't. in fact, my question is purely rhetorical. don't answer it.

lol dont get so excited! last night there was speculation that it wouldn't, I was in some meetings and wasn't sure. It looked cool in the demo reel. I hope they can capture some of the mike tysons punch out magic again! Is it 2 player?

Slurpy said:
You've run a successful company? Didn't think so.

Top Bottom